Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 653 Words
  • 2,177 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 78. Epilogue part four - Helen, Zion, Karen, Charlie, and Jilly.

Helen clung to her daughter and refused to let go.

“Mom, I’m fine. I wasn’t hurt physically at all.” Karen wriggled but couldn’t get even a finger free.

“I thought I’d lost you,” Helen whispered brokenly.

Zion tried patting his mate’s back but all that did was get him pulled into the hug and Helen cried harder.

Crying from the little bedroom off the lounge they were in finally broke through Helen’s consciousness and made her move.

Karen overtook her running for the bedroom with a cry of “Jilly” echoing through the suit.

Karen scooped up her daughter and then the two women were both crying. Zion hovered by the doorway clearly wondering what to do.

“Is this a private party or can anyone join in?” The voice from the doorway had both women freezing and turning as one.

“Charlie!” The yell from Karen had Jilly crying again but then the whole family were together in one hug.

Zion patted Charlie on the back. “How did you get here? Last I saw you you were in the medical centre in an induced coma. It’s several days travel to get here from there.”

Charlie smiled over his mate’s head. “I had a bit of help. Apparently, a pushy shifter named Kitryn called and demanded the medical staff wake me up and allow the mage he was arranging to meet me to transport me to the den. He told them if they tried to cross him that he had a mage who tested over level twenty at his disposal and he would be glad to tell him that they were stopping a family from being reunited. The rest, as they say, is history. The mage that transported me said he had received a call and was coming here anyway to meet his family.”

Zion nodded with a small smile. Moving to his mate he slowly tugged her towards the suit door.

“Honey, they need time to themselves to rebond as a family. We can meet up tomorrow for a meal and to catch everyone up on what’s been going on. Until then, let’s give them the time they need.”

He finally got her out the door and shut it firmly behind them.

***

Karen sniffed and forced the tears to stop so she could pull herself together. This was not how she had planned on greeting her mate after their forced separation. She had had it all planned out. Nowhere in that plan was her being a snivelling mess.

Sniffing again Karen started rocking Jilly to calm her down from all the excitement she’d been through. Getting her back to sleep was a lost cause but she also didn’t want her crying until she was sick. She started to sing and almost choked on more tears when Charlie’s lower voice joined hers.

There had been days when she was doing Cheryl’s bidding when she couldn’t see a future where she would safely get back to her family. Being a seer was a blessing until the future looked bleak in all pathways and possibilities. She had never been so glad that something drastic had changed the present enough that the futures she’d seen couldn’t come to pass. All she’d seen was death and destruction. Through it all, she saw Cheryl laughing and urging her army on. That woman had been so mentally unstable there was no other way to deal with her other than to kill her. However, none of the possible futures she’d seen had told her how the bitch could be killed and by whom. She wanted to know what had happened, but she had more important concerns. She needed to reconnect with her daughter and then when they got Jilly back to sleep, she had plans that had been months in the making to reconnect with her mate.

He wouldn’t know what had hit him.

She’d make damn sure of that.

Sorry for delay in posting, RL keeps getting the way and probably will continue to do so. There are three more parts to the epilogue planned. One for O'Connor and Angel, one for Tristan and his father, and lastly a general one for wrapping up the story. 
I have already started on plotting and writing a new story to take this one's place and I hope that by starting early I can stay ahead and not miss so many weeks. 
@Timothy M. Thank you for all your hard work sending me corrections. I promise I will get the latest ones on in the next few days, I know I am way behind.
Also, I am way behind on replying to comments (no surprises there for those of you who know me). I am sorry and I promise to do everything I can to catch up as quickly as I possibly can.
Thank you all as always for reading, reacting, and commenting on this and all my stories. It means a lot
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 
 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter and I agree, amazing story!  What does Helen have planned...hmm..Thank you!

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I agree with the others who say great chapter. I’m sure we all can understand how RL gets in the way at times and keeps you from doing what you want to do. RL has it’s moments where it says it’s time to back up and give us a break.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Nice chapter, but I’m confused in the second half. That’s KAREN with Jilly and Charlie, correct? Not Helen.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 3/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, wenmale64 said:

WooHoo I am first :P.  Another great chapter. I am sorry to see this end, but I am waiting for the next story. I am sure it will be great also.  You tell a wonderful tale and should be proud of what you provide to GA and still manage a very full RL.  Be well and always know you do not need to respond every time to our comments. We know life sometimes gets in the way a bit.

Thank you :hug: I always try to reply to each comment but ometimes things get in the way. I'm so glad you enjoy my stories and ocntinue to read and comment.  

On 3/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter.

Thank you :) 

On 3/3/2020 at 11:48 PM, mfa607 said:

Great chapter and I agree, amazing story!  What does Helen have planned...hmm..Thank you!

I'm sure Helen has a very nice relaxing evvening planned :X

On 3/4/2020 at 12:23 AM, Butcher56 said:

I agree with the others who say great chapter. I’m sure we all can understand how RL gets in the way at times and keeps you from doing what you want to do. RL has it’s moments where it says it’s time to back up and give us a break.

RL barges in where it's not wanted, LOL, But, i will always attempt to not miss too many weeks. 

On 3/4/2020 at 3:22 PM, Geemeedee said:

Nice chapter, but I’m confused in the second half. That’s KAREN with Jilly and Charlie, correct? Not Helen.

Thank you. I changed as soon as I saw your comment. I sometimes write theese chapters as late as midnight to make sure they're ready for a wednesday by 2am at the latest. Therefore my spelling/grammar/ability to remember names can be serverly comprimised :P 

Thank you all for reading/reacting/commenting on my story

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..