Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 799 Words
  • 2,111 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 44. Chapter 18.2

Tristan looked at the couple sitting on the couch. He could see the mate bond connecting them. It was a glowing bronze and he knew as their bond deepened it would change through silver to a chain of brilliant gold. He pushed down a thread of jealousy, he had searched for his mate for centuries and he was still looking. He didn’t care what his mate was; shifter, mage, vampire, male, female, inter-sex, tall, short…He just wanted to be loved the way he could see Kitryn and Simon loved each other. To know there was someone who would put him first in everything and would love him for him and not his family name, his money, or his position with the High Council.

More people entered and Elder Patrick motioned him over to meet them. He pasted on his politician smile and—who was that?

Patrick’s voice broke through his shock. “Elder Tristan, this is Elder Carl of the Jade Coven. Now if everyone can please take a seat we can get down to business.”

Tristan sat next to Elder Carl and tried to keep his attention on Patrick as he laid out the problems they were having. In addition to what they called ‘The Cheryl Problem’, they also had a being possibly trying to sway their newest seer’s power. These people really were magnets for trouble.

When they’d finished telling him the story Tristan sat back with a sigh—and tried to ignore the sparks that went through his arm when it brushed Elder Carl.

“I can do what Meg is asking and boost Fran’s power to be able to see more and for longer. However, I believe we should deal with the issue of her uninvited visitor first. Has anyone spoken to her and asked her at least who this visitor appears as? And has anyone disturbed her room since the last visitation? I may be able to get a residual energy signature that may tell us at least what visited.”

Kitryn seemed relieved. “No one has been near the room since Meg saw what she thought was Fran’s mother.” Tristan nodded, so the visitor was taking a form the child would be most likely to trust. Kitryn continued, “No one has spoken to her about the visit because we didn’t want to scare or upset her. She has long lost her mother. To then be told the being visiting her may not be her mother could cause her to grieve all over again.”

Tristan saw his point but— “You do realize that with her power Fran would probably sense if something a threat to her. The visitor may not be her mother, but from the sounds of it, it isn’t malevolent. However, everyone can be wrong, and I will, of course, make sure your little seer is as safe as I can make her.

“Now, has anyone thought of putting wards around the den to ensure the protection of everyone inside? I don’t mind doing it, my companions who accompanied me can help with the power I’d need.”

Patrick gave him an innocent smile—that Tristan didn’t believe for one second and his senses went on alert.

“Vampires can help mages with power as well. Or so I’ve heard. What do you think Carl?” Patrick and most of the group turned to Carl. Tristan was too busy glaring at Patrick. He knew the shifter was up to something. But what?

“Yes, vampires can help with power. But only as a conduit. We make it easier for a mage to draw power from non-mage beings by acting as a bridge.” Carl’s voice was smooth as fine whiskey and Tristan fought the urge to get the man to say more so could keep listening.

Another voice broke into his quickly spiraling thoughts.

“A bridge? How does that work?” The question came from Simon. Tristan thought he must be missing some of the story. How did even a new vampire not know the basics of their kind? If Carl was his sire, as Tristan assumed he was, then the elder was neglecting his duties.

Carl was answering the young male. “I just have to be touching the mage and the being they want to draw power from. I can also break the connection at any time if I think the source person is being drained too far to be safe.”

Simon nodded and Kitryn whispered in his mate’s ear. Simon nodded again and leaned back, snuggling into Kitryn’s side.

Tristan shook himself and decided his questions could wait for now.

“No time like the present. Why don’t I see Fran’s room and at least I can put your minds at rest about her visitor having good or bad intent.”

Everyone started moving to a chorus of agreements.

Thank you, everyone, for your reactions and comments. I know I need to catch up with my replies, but please know I read every single comment and really appreciate you taking the time to write them. :heart: 
 
And, of course, my thanks to Tim :hug: for his continued patience with my obvious mistakes. I'm surprised he hasn't yelled himself horse (hoarse) at my repetitive mistakes :P 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another great chapter!  Another mating is near I think.  What will the elder mage find out when he sees Frans room?  Could her vision actually be a helpful soul and not a spirit with bad intentions?  Hopefully some of these questions will be answered in the next chapter.  Keep up the great work Caz.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I know Fran is just a child, but it annoys me that so many "adults" are making decisions for her without even asking her about the visit.  Knowledge is power, and second hand knowledge is diluted power. Ask the kid already!

 

“Now, has anyone thought of putting wards around the den to ensure the protection of everyone inside?

 

Something I have been asking myself for several chapters. What is the point of having magical powers if you don't use them?

 

So, what is with this Patrick person?? Is he a good guy or NOT?

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Love is in the air! LOL But I hope they can keep their heads clear long enough to handle the dangers around them. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 2/12/2019 at 11:58 PM, mfa607 said:

Loving this story! Thank you!

 

:hug: 

 

On 2/13/2019 at 4:32 AM, wenmale64 said:

Another great chapter!  Another mating is near I think.  What will the elder mage find out when he sees Frans room?  Could her vision actually be a helpful soul and not a spirit with bad intentions?  Hopefully some of these questions will be answered in the next chapter.  Keep up the great work Caz.

1

 

I hope we will get some answer finally too. In the next chapter, though? Hmmm, that might be a bit ambitious. 

 

On 2/13/2019 at 5:31 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. More questions to be answered.

 

Yep, questions, questions, questions, as far as the eye can see. :P I'm sure we'll start getting some answers soon though. 

 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:22 PM, Kitt said:

I know Fran is just a child, but it annoys me that so many "adults" are making decisions for her without even asking her about the visit.  Knowledge is power, and second hand knowledge is diluted power. Ask the kid already!

 

“Now, has anyone thought of putting wards around the den to ensure the protection of everyone inside?

 

Something I have been asking myself for several chapters. What is the point of having magical powers if you don't use them?

 

So, what is with this Patrick person?? Is he a good guy or NOT?

 

The wards will be explained soon, that much i know and can tell you. 

 

As for Fran, the adults are another story. Hopefully, Tristan will be the sensible one to pull their heads out of their backsides and to show them they need to work together-with Fran too-to get to the bottom of whats going on. 

 

On 2/17/2019 at 7:27 PM, Puppilull said:

Love is in the air! LOL But I hope they can keep their heads clear long enough to handle the dangers around them. 

 

I think being Elders, Tristan and Carl will put duty first. and if for any reason they don't I'm sure the others will remind them...loudly. 

 

Thank you everyone for reading and commenting, it means a lot

 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Let's hope that Tristan determines that the being in Fran's room is benevolent and trying to help Fran find the really bad people.  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..