Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 685 Words
  • 2,674 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 47. Chapter 18.5

Jenny looked down at her daughter, and Tristan could see tears glinting on her cheeks. “I really don’t know a lot. The seers are all too badly drained to tell me much. I know Cheryl is using their powers to see what’s happening with her enemies, and that she has something planned that will be happening soon. I also know she has a mage working for her, but not willingly. I was ordered to treat a young female mage. Her name was Milly, she was very pregnant and the trauma of being taken brought on her labor.

She had a baby boy and she named him Michael. She said that was the name of her mate and then she told me she didn’t expect for them to make it out alive and made me promise to protect the baby and the toddler who’d been taken with them. She wouldn’t calm down until I promised, and the baby was left with me when guards came to take her away again. No matter how much she cried and begged they wouldn’t allow to even give him a cuddle goodbye. The last thing she called out was for me to remember my promise.

“The baby and toddler, whose name is Ophelia, have been set up in the room next door to mine. They are both calm and sleeping alright at the moment, but Ophelia keeps looking for her mother. She may not be able to talk much yet, but anyone can understand ‘mama’ and then a child searching around. I don’t know how much longer it will be before she starts to realize something is wrong. Children are more perceptive than an adult will admit.” This was said with a glare at Kitryn who hung his head and cast a pout through his eyelashes at Simon. Simon just chuckled and pushed him off the couch they were sitting on.

This seemed to break the cloud that had settled over the group and everyone chuckled.

Jenny stopped and seemed to be listening to something. “Duty calls, the baby is awake. I’ll come when I can and Kitryn, remember to listen to Fran. A child she maybe but her powers are growing fast and she will soon surpass any seer I’ve met in my lifetime.”

The glow surrounding her intensified and when everyone had lowered the hands they’d used to block their eyes Fran was sleeping alone on her bed.

Simon ushered everyone out while Kitryn tucked Fran safely into her bed.

They all made their way silently back to the main room that had become their regular meeting room now.

“What now?” Simon asked when no one spoke.

Tristan looked at Patrick and at his nod spoke, “Patrick and I know Michael and Milly. I went to school with Michael and I stood for him when he had his mating ceremony with Milly. Patrick told me Michael was the mage who set wards around the compound.”

“But you said there weren’t any wards around the compound,” Simon pointed out.

“I know. Patrick and I had just decided Cheryl must have Michael and have a way of making him do what she wants. Fran’s mother confirmed that and told us how he is being controlled. He’s obviously taken down the wards, but the wards surrounding Fran’s room and how they’re keyed to work are the strongest I have ever seen. I don’t know how he knew she was here or how to find her, but nothing can get to Fran in that room and there are extra wards to increase the strength of her gift. Essentially that room is the safest place on the compound for anyone we want to keep hidden from Cheryl. As soon as I have rested I will restore the wards around the compound and add a few modifications so Michael can’t be forced to break them. But, at this moment I am afraid I need to head for bed. Patrick, I take it I have my usual room?”

At Patrick’s nod, Tristan headed out the room throwing a “Goodnight all,” over his shoulder.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting as always..always more questions!  Until next time!  Thank you sir!  Loved this!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Well the secrets keep getting more intense. We now have a way to get more information from the other side. I hope that this is not discovered and bad things happen to those involved. Kitryn has been 'educated' in the perceptiveness of children and will now undoubtedly put much more faith in the things Fran sees and says.  This story is just pulling me in deeper and deeper! Great writing Caz. Keep it up. We need the secrets and plans to be revealed!!!!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 3/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, mfa607 said:

Interesting as always..always more questions!  Until next time!  Thank you sir!  Loved this!

 

More questions, yes, but we also have a few answers now, too. I'm glad you liked this newest installment. 

 

On 3/6/2019 at 3:05 AM, wenmale64 said:

Well the secrets keep getting more intense. We now have a way to get more information from the other side. I hope that this is not discovered and bad things happen to those involved. Kitryn has been 'educated' in the perceptiveness of children and will now undoubtedly put much more faith in the things Fran sees and says.  This story is just pulling me in deeper and deeper! Great writing Caz. Keep it up. We need the secrets and plans to be revealed!!!!

2

 

I'm sure answers will start appearing more now (or at least I hope they do, I'm writing this by the seat of my pants each week). 

 

On 3/6/2019 at 5:58 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. More secrets revealed and More questions to be answered.

 

Always more questions but hopefully some answers too now.

 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:12 PM, Puppilull said:

Poor kids! Ophelia looking for their mom is really sad. 

 

Hopefully, they will all be reunited in the end. 

 

Thank you, everyone, for reading, reacting, and commenting. 

 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a huge load of information packed into this chapter.  I think the most important is Fran's abilities.  Can they use her power to locate some of the missing people?  If so, can the find Michael?  Michael seems the best bet at knowing where they are being held.  While forced to bring down the wards on the bears den, he was sneaky enough to build powerful wards to protect Fran's room and strengthen her ability to connect to her mother.  Jenny's help is also key to bringing down Cheryl.  I am glad that Jenny is taking care of Michael and Milly's kids.  Also, that Milly is still alive.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..