Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 523 Words
  • 2,796 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 63. Chapter 23.4

Tristan winced at the sharp sting as Carl’s claw cut into his palm. He quickly held his hand over the bowl and four drops of bright red blood fell in before the cut magically sealed itself.

“Chant and keep chanting until I tell you to stop,” Nev murmured into Tristan’s ear. Tristan nodded and began the chant.

The rush of power that rushed through him almost made him falter but he managed to stay on track and not miss a word.

He watched as the blood on the bowl glowed and then started shifting from colour to colour. The process had him mesmerised and it took him a moment to realise someone was calling him.

“Tristan you can stop now.” Nev’s voice sounded like it came from the end of a tunnel and Tristan shook his head in an attempt to come out of the spell trance he’d fallen into.

When he finally met Carl and Nev’s eyes he saw awe reflected in both. He looked down at the blood in the bowl, but it was back to the normal red of all blood.

“So?” He looked back at Nev. “What is the result?

Nev grinned. “I counted twenty-one colour changes, so that means you are a level twenty-one mage. Congratulations you are currently the strongest mage known to the high council.”

Tristan knew he was staring and that his mouth was hanging open, but he didn’t care. Twenty-one? How on earth could he be a level twenty-one mage? His parents and other closest family members were only level five. Power ran in families, so where did his come from? There were so many questions running through his head he didn’t know where to start.

The feel of familiar arms surrounding him and pulling him into a warm embrace brought him back to the present.

“My mate, I am so happy for you.”

Tristan twisted and took a long slow kiss. When he pulled back he flushed and looked around, only to see Nev had left the room.

Carl chuckled. “He said he’d see us later. He went to go freshen up.”

Tristan flushed but glared at Carl. “If you were not only able to notice him leaving, but also remember what he said when he left. You were obviously not giving our kiss the attention it required.” He folded his arms over his chest. “You should make it up to me.”

Carl grinned and before Tristan realised what was happening he was upside down over Carl’s shoulder. He bounced and squeaked as he was carried from the room at vampire speed and back to their suite.

One last bounce had him landing on the bed and watching as Carl locked the bedroom door and prowled towards him.

“So, I need to make it up to you for not paying enough attention, do I?” Carl pulled Tristan nearer to the end of the bed by his ankle. “And just how am I supposed to make it up to you? Hmm?”

Tristan pulled Carl down and after a few murmured words in his mate’s ear, he got exactly what he asked for.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 23
  • Haha 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes! Plus he got what he wanted!! 😈
Great chapter, as always! Thank you!

Edited by mfa607
  • Like 3
Link to comment

WooHoo,  I hope Tristan's family learns quickly that they should have treated him better....  I think the crow will go down easier if eaten head first. It helps keeping the feathers from getting stuck in the throat!!!  Now we need some mage magic to show the way......

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It’s great to see Tristan get confirmation that he truly is hella talented. As Tristan said, power runs in families. Soooo what family is he *really* from? Will this be explored, or are we done with Tristan's past and focused on his role in the current dilemma?

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/25/2019 at 1:20 AM, mfa607 said:

Yes! Plus he got what he wanted!! 😈
Great chapter, as always! Thank you!

Yep, he got exactly what he wanted ;) 

On 9/25/2019 at 3:16 AM, Normischell said:

Yes!  I knew Tristan would be totally kick ass!!!  His family will soo be eating crow!

Or maybe he will make them eat something else as punishment... :P 

On 9/25/2019 at 4:29 AM, chris191070 said:

Yeah, I knew Tristan would be a strong mage. Tristan got what he asked for off Carl.

Yep :yes: 

On 9/25/2019 at 11:15 AM, wenmale64 said:

WooHoo,  I hope Tristan's family learns quickly that they should have treated him better....  I think the crow will go down easier if eaten head first. It helps keeping the feathers from getting stuck in the throat!!!  Now we need some mage magic to show the way......

Hmm, Crow...or maybe Tristan can come up with something even better to shove down their throats. Or maybe he will leave the shoving to Carl. 

On 9/25/2019 at 12:51 PM, Geemeedee said:

It’s great to see Tristan get confirmation that he truly is hella talented. As Tristan said, power runs in families. Soooo what family is he *really* from? Will this be explored, or are we done with Tristan's past and focused on his role in the current dilemma?

I'm sure more history will be revealed eventually. I may do some bonus scenes after the main story is over to tie up the storylines of the new mates that are meating each other and the mates that are reunited. 

On 9/25/2019 at 1:57 PM, Hellsheild said:

Hooray for genetic bitch slapping.

I wonder what his personal magic is? Necromancy 

Psy

Light

I think he is already showing a skill for defensive magic. So that may be his specialty

On 9/25/2019 at 6:28 PM, Smoothy said:

Wow!!! Level 21!!!! That sneaky family and elders must kiss his feet!!!!

I think he'd prefer his mate to do the kissing and that it be a bit higher than his feet. :P  

On 9/29/2019 at 1:39 PM, Puppilull said:

Is Tristan's family really his family...? I'm having serious doubts here.

Hmmm, :X 

Thank you all for reading, reacting, and commenting. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Level 21 is awesome.  I think I remember Carl saying he might get even more powerful as he ages.  Excellent news!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..