Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 534 Words
  • 1,825 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 67. Chapter 24.3

Tristan looked around at all the different beings gathered to watch the scrying.

“Everyone is to remain silent and still. If you don’t you could distract me or Fran and that will break the spell. Is that understood?”

Everyone nodded and settled in for the show.

Tristan took a deep breath and ran over the spell in his head again. It was a relatively simple spell, usually taught to beginners. However, it was usually an item being used as the focus. Not a living being. That was why Tristan had Ned casting with him. Two casters meant the spell would be more stable and in the event something distracted one caster, the other would keep everything going.

“Now, Fran, you remember everything Ned and I told you?” Tristan sat crossed legged on the floor in front of the little girl.

Fran nodded. “I sit still and think of the bad lady.”

Tristan nodded with a smile. “That’s right. Elder Jamison is going to shield us so the bad lad won’t know what’s going on. Then Ned and I will find her. We ready?” The last comment was made to encompass Ned and Jamison who both joined him and Fran on the floor.

Once everyone was settled Tristan held his hands out to Ned. They moved so they both had an arm either side of Fran, effectively making her the centre. They each had a crystal in one hand and a map was laid out on either side of Fran on the floor under the crystals.

Jamison waved his hands and a glowing sphere encircled them all, keeping the spectators out. As soon as the shield was complete Tristan and Ned started chanting softly.

The crystals swayed and spun. Tristan and Ned kept up the chanting, the rise and fall of the spell almost hypnotising in its patterns.

After what felt like hours but was probably only minutes the crystals both jerked from Ned and Tristan’s hands and fell to the maps. Neds had whipped right over Fran and had landed in the same place as Tristan’s.

“We’ve got her.” Ned crowed, just as both he and Tristan fell to the side unconscious.

***

It took an hour for Tristan and Ned to be sufficiently recovered that the medics would allow them to attend a meeting. On the condition they stayed seated and ate the meal the medics had got sent in.

“so, she is northwest of here?” Simon asked.

Tristan nodded, swallowing the mouthful of food he had before replying. “Yep, I’d say she is about three hours away. Judging by the map she is in a mountain region and if I had to guess she has probably found some caves to hole up in. Although, from what you’ve told us about her, Kitryn, she doesn’t strike me as the sort to want to give up her creature comforts. Electric, hot water, a soft bed, all these seem to be things she’d want. At least for herself.”

Kitryn nodded. “Oh, yes, she was always high maintenance from what I remember.”

“So, what’s our next move?” Simon looked around the meeting table. “We know where she is so now we need a plan.”

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 22
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Fran is being very in helping them locate the bad lady. Fun times ahead now they know where she is.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Things are looking up. Now what will the plan be and how will it work out? I see many possibilities and not all are good. Keep up the great story telling!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, Puppilull said:

Very nifty trick to find Cheryl and her gang. Now to plan the operation itself.

A trick they could have thought of sooner. But, as they say hindsight is twenty-twenty. 

On 11/6/2019 at 9:11 AM, wenmale64 said:

Things are looking up. Now what will the plan be and how will it work out? I see many possibilities and not all are good. Keep up the great story telling!!

Ah, the plan will stay secret until it is put into practice. Of course, i think there will be a few surprises along hte way. 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:14 AM, mfa607 said:

Now, let’s get her! Great chapter! Thank you!

Yep, now to get the THE PLAN

On 11/6/2019 at 12:49 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Fran is being very in helping them locate the bad lady. Fun times ahead now they know where she is.

I don't know about fun times, but at leas thte end is in sight.

Thank you all for continuing to read, react, and comment on this story.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now they know were to go it won't be long for the battle to begin.  Since there is to be a battle of the minds which includes Fran, I wonder if she needs to be there also.  If she does, who will protect her?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..