Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 759 Words
  • 3,473 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 20. Chapter 8.4

Silence followed Kitryn’s explanation and everyone jumped when Elder Patrick slapped his hands down on the table.

“That woman thinks it’s okay to take other people’s powers? To help herself to more than fate decided she was capable of using? Who does she think she is? And to try and take a child? No, that will not be allowed.”

“Um, things may be worse.” The interruption came from a male further down the table.
Elder Patrick jerked his head up. “What do you mean Xander?”

“Well, I was informed on my way to this meeting that Seer Wanda is missing and has been since last night.”

Shouts erupted around the table.

“The seer is gone?”

“Why are we only just hearing about this?”

“How long was she gone before she was missed?”

“We have to organize a search party to find her.”

“What if she’s already dead?”

The last comment caused silence to descend and Fran’s voice whispered out into that silence.

“She is not dead and you have time to save her.” Heads turned and Kitryn stared at Fran’s blank eyes, her voice was low and stilted, completely unlike her usual tone. She sounded like she was reading from something that no one else could see.

Fran continued as though nothing was out of the ordinary. “To retrieve what has been stolen and to end the evil moving in your midst, clans, prides, packs and all other supernaturals must unite.

“The evil will target all Seers and all must be warned and protected at all costs.

“Heed these words of warning or suffer the consequences.”

As soon as she’d finished speaking Fran slumped, her head falling to her arms on to the table.

“Fran!” Kitryn’s cry of alarm jolted everyone back into action.

Simon reached for Fran at the same moment as Kitryn, they pulled her up and moved next to each other so she was cradled between them.

Her breathing was even and she seemed to be sleeping but Kitryn wanted to be sure and he especially wanted to know what had happened.

“She’s coming round,” Simon breathed against Kitryn’s cheek as they both bent to get a better look at Fran’s face.

“Kitty?” Fran’s voice was confused as though she had just woken up from a long sleep.

“I’m here sweetheart, so is Simon.” Kitryn brushed some hair off her face. “Do you remember what just happened?”

Fran’s nose scrunched up as she thought and then she shook her head. “Everyone was yelling. Then I sitting here.”

Meg spoke up drowning out the others at the table who were getting loud again. “Her powers are growing and fast. That was a Seer’s trance. They never remember what they’ve said, that is left to whoever hears what's said. We need to write down what she said before we forget any of the details.”

Paper was produced and Xander acted as scribe until everyone was happy with the result.

By then Patrick had retaken control of the meeting.

“So we need to start a list of things to do. First will be making sure Fran and her family are protected. To that end, I am offering them full sanctuary and the full protection of this Den. Anyone disagree?” there were head shakes and so Patrick continued. “Okay, next is trying to follow the commands of our newest Seer. How do we contact all the supernaturals to pass on the warning without tipping our hand to the enemy? We don’t want them to know we’re onto them.”

“We can start with the groups we know and are allied with first and work from there,” someone offered.

“Good idea, Jeremy. I’ll contact the Jade Vampire Clan first, they’re nearest and the largest allie we have. From there we’ll liaise with Elder Carl. As we add more allies we’ll have more Elders to help with ideas and spreading the word.”

The meeting broke up and Kitryn and Simon ushered Meg and Fran back to their room before anyone could stop them to start asking the questions Kitryn knew people wanted the answers to.

Once they were safely back in their rooms and Fran was playing with the other kits Kitryn turned to Meg. “Start talking. What do we need to do? How do we deal with this.”

“And how do the Hunters that made us leave my cave come into this? Are we facing two enemies or one working together?”

Kitryn groaned, they had more questions than answers and he was getting sick of being behind the eight ball.

 
Sorry for the missed weeks. My daughter's teachers decided to stage a few strikes and it put me behind. 
Thank you to everyone who is sticking with this story and to those who react and comment. 
And, of course, thank you to Tim for his continued corrections :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 21
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

12 hours ago, lenhall said:

I have read and enjoyed everything you have written. So creative for this genre.

 

Thank you :blushing: I'm glad you enjoy my stories :hug: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/14/2018 at 12:43 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Oh wow more drama and excitement. I Love this story!!!😍😍😍

 

Thank you, I hope you enjoy the rest too

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A call to arms has been made to all the supernatural beings!  That's drama and why I am hooked on this story!  Great writing Caz!  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..