Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 533 Words
  • 2,184 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 69. Chapter 25.2

Kitryn padded slowly through the dark, his paws silent on the gravel path. Simon was leading a team of vampires with Carl and Kitryn was trying to ignore the irritation of being separate from his mate when they were heading toward trouble.

The bears behind him grumbled and Kitryn hissed quietly, letting them know to be quiet. The wards concealing them would be a waste of time if they made too much noise and gave themselves away.

They made their way forward. Towards a house that had somehow been built in the middle of nowhere.

“How did she find this place?” Came Simon’s voice in his head making him hiss and jolt. Tristan had insisted they needed a way to communicate between beings that wouldn’t give away their positions. It had finally been agreed that all the team leaders and a designated second for each team in case the leader was incapacitated should be mentally linked. It was a temporary spell but a very disconcerting one.

“Try to warn me before you do that,” Kitryn grouched. “How will we keep to the plan if you make me give us away.”

“Can we focus please,” Came Carl’s stern voice over the link.

Kitryn felt Simon’s amusement before his awareness faded from Kitryn’s mind.

Turning back to the path he led his team to the edge of the trees. Their objective was situated in a clearing about fifty yards in front of them. The house was made of red brick and was two stories high. There were window frames at regular intervals, but they contained no glass. Instead, they had been filled with what looked to be concrete, no entrance options there.

“I see four guards, two at each visible corner of the house. The windows are a no go just as Fran said. Moving to position two.”

Kitryn waited for all the teams to respond before signalling his team to move out. They stuck to the trees and made their way around the house. They found four more guards outside and relayed the information to the other teams.

“Two more have just come out the front door. Judging by their actions I assume there is no toilet in this place.” Kitryn held in a chuckle at Carl’s disgusted tone.

“There is one being on the roof.” Came Elder Jamison’s soft voice.

“Team one and two, take the guards at the front. Teams three and four take the ones at the back. Team five take the roof.” Tristan’s commands were snapped out and everyone answered in the affirmative before springing into action.

Kitryn joined his team with Carl’s. The vamps sped across the clearing and attacked the guards out the back of the house.

Using the vamps as a distraction the shifters joined the fight and they soon had the guards either dead or restrained. The vamps made sure each body and prisoner had a warding bracelet snapped on. They didn’t want Cheryl to know any of her guards were dead or captured.

Simon and Tristan soon joined them dragging bodies behind them.

“Let’s get these to the forest and we can move onto phase two.” Tristan turned to lead the way back.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 20
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/20/2019 at 12:09 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. The action begins to release the prisoners. No problems so far.

Yep, I'm hoping for no more surprises. but, knowing my characters I think it may be wishful thinking. 

On 11/20/2019 at 12:10 AM, mfa607 said:

So far so good! I’m crossing my fingers for the good guys! Thank you!

Oh, the good guys will win. I only say that becasue the good guys always win with my stories. The cost of winning though can be hard. 

On 11/20/2019 at 7:48 AM, Puppilull said:

The operation begins. What surprises will Cheryl have for them? 

Who knows? Hopefully we'll find out next week. 

Thank you all for continuing to read, react, and comment on this story. I am sorry i have taken so long to get to replying but i am slowly catching up. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

Fast start to the battle.  Wishing all goes well for everyone except Cheryl and those willingly serving her.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..