Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 2,157 Words
  • 1,870 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 82. Bonus Scene #1

This is the first bonus scene/chapter.
Please feel free to comment/send me a PM with any requests for things you want to see more of with this or any of my stories.
I will make a list and put it on my on-site blog. I will then try to work my way through it when my time allows.

Tristan hesitated as he raised his hand to knock at the door of the place his mother was currently residing in.

Carl wrapped his arms around Tristan from behind. “Come on, my mate. You know she probably knows we are here anyway, don’t you? Her claimed mate is right behind us.”

As if to reinforce Carl’s words the front door swung open and Tristan’s mother stood framed in the doorway.

“Gideon? Are you really here?” Her voice sounded very close to tears and she was frantically looking trying to look around Tristan.

Gideon pushed forward and pulled his mate into his arms. “I’m here, Kerry, my sweet mate. Now is that any way to treat our son? You didn’t even say hello to him.”

Silvia sniffled against Gideon’s shoulder and lifted her head to give Tristan a watery smile. “Hello, dear. I seem to remember someone saying I have you to thank for returning my mate to me. I am so sorry I couldn’t tell you the truth sooner. That bastard said he would make sure you and Gideon would have fatal accidents if I even tried to say anything. I promise you I didn’t know exactly what he was up to until recently. I tried to reach the council, but he had me arrested and locked up. I know I wasn’t much of a mother, but you look so much like your real father, that you were always a reminder of a mate I thought I would never see again.”

Tristan tried, he really tried to understand. But all he could remember was a mother who did nothing to stand up for him against a demanding and hateful father.

“Give her a chance, my mate,” Carl whispered in his ear, causing him to shudder.

Letting out a huff he gave a slight nod. “Mother, maybe we could take this time to get to know each other? From what father has said he remembers you as being happy and sassy when you were with him. I know you were afraid of Kersin. Everyone was. But there were times when I was alone, and you still ignored me. You could have left with me when I left home. You could have helped me when I was being called talentless. You could have at least told me how to get the training I needed instead of leaving me to find it myself from whoever would take me on. I didn’t even know how powerful I was because Anthony lied about the test. Kersin said he didn’t know anything about it, but I have my doubts, because who else would want me to seem lower in power than I was? I—”

“I did it.” Kerry broke in. “My nephew, Anthony, did your test. I told him to declare you at level two because I knew if you tested too high that Kersin would have you killed so your power couldn’t overtake his. I had every intention of telling you the truth as soon as I could, but you left that night. Kersin had my phone magically bugged so I couldn’t tell you when you called home, and he usually answered the phone when he was home anyway so I didn’t even get to talk to you on those occasions.”

Tears were pouring down her cheeks and Carl nudged Tristan reminding him they were all still standing in the doorway.

“Why don’t we go in and we can start back at the beginning, so we all know the truth of it all?”

Carl and Gideon ushered their respective mates inside and into the main living room.

After making themselves comfortable Gideon was first to speak. “I think I should start.” He settled his arm around Kerry and pulled her as close as possible. “I came to the Nirthfell territory when I was a wandering researcher. I wanted to write a book on all the major mage families. Kersin was eager to talk to me, but most of what he told me was pure fantasy. According to him he was the most powerful mage there ever was and he had discovered spells no one else had ever used. He was a level five mage—if that—and the spells he told me about were created long before he and I were born. I kept my power shielded so he wouldn’t know I was way more powerful than him. He thought I was a level two to three. I met Kerry at my first dinner with the coven. She was beautiful and I lost complete track of what my dinner companion was saying to me. When she saw where I was looking, she told me who Kerry was and warned me to steer clear of her. She said if Kersin caught me talking to his woman I would be banished from the coven territory so quick I’d have whiplash. Of course, I had already realised Kerry was my mate and I had no intention of avoiding her. I managed to get her alone the next day and she admitted she knew we were mates. She was scared of Kersin and I had to work hard to assure I was more powerful and fully capable of protecting her. I was with the coven for four weeks when we mated. I may have been adamant that I could protect her, but I also advocate being prepared for the worst. That is why I made the necklace. Only me or Kerry can remove it. Anyone else trying will get a small shock. If they keep trying the shock gets larger.”

Kerry snorted. “Kersin tried a total of six times. He only tried once while Tristan was at home. After he left—telling Kersin that he no longer wanted anything from our coven—he kept trying until his hand was so badly burnt he had to see a healer. He told her that he had dropped something in the fire and had tried to retrieve it. She lectured him on using magic instead of his hand next time.”

Gideon shook his head. “I should have guessed he wouldn’t give up easily. Anyway, after we mated things seemed to still be fine. Kersin hadn’t noticed anything and I was still playing along as though I was going to feature him prominently in my book. We were making plans to leave together. I have family in the Leverthon coven, and I had sent them a letter to ask for sanctuary. We had everything ready to go as soon as I received their reply. Unfortunately, things went to hell before that. We had just sat down to dinner one evening when a group of council guards arrived. They spoke to Kersin and then approached me. I knew something was going on, but I agreed to speak to them in private. As soon as I was alone with them one of them stuck me with a needle. The next thing I remember I was in cell and Kerry’s voice was yelling in my head. It seemed I’d been out for over a week—they apparently kept topping up the drugs to keep me under but my body was adapting. She told me how Kersin had threatened her. He had found about us and didn’t want to lose everything he had gained from their mating. We couldn’t speak long because they came and topped up the drugs. I was in and out after that. Kerry told me about you, Tristan, and how she couldn’t look at you without seeing everything she loved but had lost. I tried to tell her that she should treasure you as I would have but Kersin didn’t let her have much time with you. I think he knew deep down you weren’t his. I doubt he was even capable of producing a child. He and your mother had been together for decades before I came along. Anyway, Kersin employed a nurse and made sure your mother was always supervised. Do you want to take over, Love?”

Kerry nodded. “Kersin tried to get me pregnant again. His excuse was he wanted a spare in case something happened to you.” She glanced up at Tristan but then turned her face back to her mate’s chest. “I was scared he was planning to get rid of you if I got pregnant again and I couldn’t take that chance. I found a sympathetic healer and she made me a tonic to stop me becoming pregnant. I told Kersin I had a magic imbalance and that the tonic would correct it. He never was very good at spotting a lie and I was very motivated in making sure he never found out the truth. As you grew I could tell you were powerful so I made sure no one trained you past the basics. Then Kersin insisted you be tested early. I finally confided in my family and Anthony made the false test declaration.” She looked up again. “We can have you retested to find out your true level if you wish.”

Tristan let out a hollow chuckle. “I was retested during all the chaos going on at Elder Patrick’s Den. I’m currently at level twenty-five.”

Silence reigned from his parents. Tristan sniggered when Carl elbowed him in the side. “That was not a nice way to tell them, love.”

Tristan shrugged, he was the one sitting there listening to how the person who he had thought was his father didn’t want him and how his other parent couldn’t stand to look at him because he reminded her of who she had lost.

Gideon was the first to move. Tristan found himself pulled into his father’s arms. “That is so wonderful. I only ever reached level twenty and that was with full training. To get so far without formal training shows how smart you are. Just think how far you will reach with training.”

Kerry joined the hug. “I am so proud of you, son.”

A knock interrupted the moment and Tristan was glad because he wasn’t sure he knew how to react to the words or actions of his parents.

“Could you get that please, dear?” His mother dabbed at her eyes as she spoke. “I’m not in a fit state to see anyone.”

Tristan nodded and moved to the door.

Once there he opened it to find a young smiling girl with the reddest hair he’d ever seen.

Her smile dropped as soon as her gaze met his. To his absolute astonishment, she dropped into a graceful curtsey. “Master Nirthfell, I didn’t know you had returned. I have a message for the ex-mistress.”

Tristan froze. Master Nirthfell? What was going on? Taking a deep breath he hoped his voice stay as calm as he wanted. “My mother is indisposed. Is the message important or can it wait until later?”

The girl nodded so hard Tristan thought her head was going to fall off her shoulders. “Of course, Master Nirthfell, I will return after dinner.” Then she ran back down the path and out of sight.

Tristan closed the door and returned to the living room. “What is this Master Nirthfell, nonsense? Kersin disowned me when I mated. Besides I am not his biological son, a fact I am very grateful of.”

Kerry finished wiping her face and smiled rather smugly. “Kersin acknowledged you as his heir and he never changed it before he died. This is now your coven to lead.”

“No, absolutely not.” Tristan spun and was grateful to be pulled into Carl’s arms immediately. “I am not taking over this coven, not for anything. I am the mate of a leader already and we have to be back at the coven soon to put right the mess caused by the recent turmoil.”

Kerry was frowning but Gideon was nodding. “I understand. You have a few options. Unless the rules have changed since I last was travelling then you as leader have the power to name a regent. Basically, you would still be leader in name, but you would sign your power over to the regent so he or she could lead in your place.”

Tristan grinned. “Good. So, I assume you and mum are going to be fine leading here while I live with my mate. What do I have to do to transfer everything? I am no hurry to get away from you both—please believe that—but my mate and I don’t have too long to linger before we must really get home.”

Gideon nodded again. “I will get on the computer and research everything for you in the morning. Meanwhile, why don’t we finish catching up and maybe I could show you a few spells you may not have learnt yet.”

Tristan assumed Gideon must have been speaking with their mind link to his mother as she had stopped frowning and was nodding along with her mate.

The evening was looking up.

This is the first bonus scene/chapter.
Please feel free to comment/send me a PM with any requests for things you want to see more of with this or any of my stories.
I will make a list and put it on my on-site blog. I will then try to work my way through it when my time allows.
Thank you to everyone who reads, reacts, and comment on my stories.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

46 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Brilliant chapter. It explains alot about Tristan that we needed to know.

Thanks. I had fun writing it. Especially with no word limits. 

Thanks for commenting   :hug:

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I also think that this chapter does explain a lot about why Tristan left the coven and also the reason behind his hatred of Kersin. I hope that with time he can forgive his mother for her part of the cover up on his skill level among other things.  
 

Thanks for the great chapter about Tristan it was enjoyable to read.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I also think that this chapter does explain a lot about why Tristan left the coven and also the reason behind his hatred of Kersin. I hope that with time he can forgive his mother for her part of the cover up on his skill level among other things.  
 

Thanks for the great chapter about Tristan it was enjoyable to read.

I was glad to start filling in gaps that I'm finding in the story. 

Thank you for reading and commenting  :hug:

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Justleah said:

Yes, loving the follow ups can't wait for more........

Thank you. Feel free to let me know any that you want to particularly see. 

Thanks for reading and commenting  :hug:

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thank you for this bonus chapter I really wanted to know why Gideon was imprisoned thank u 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Nana Atuwa said:

Thank you for this bonus chapter I really wanted to know why Gideon was imprisoned thank u 

I'm glad you liked it. Please let me know if there are any more things you want me to write more about. 

Thanks for reading and commenting  :hug:

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It is great that Tristan has now found his family again and the healing has begun.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..