Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 747 Words
  • 2,687 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 40. Chapter 17.1

Simon settled on a couch with Kitryn and watched as Carl finished reading some paperwork that had him scowling.

Finally, Carl threw the documents on the table in apparent disgust and turned to face them.

“So, do you have an idea what you want to learn today?”

Simon grinned and nodded enthusiastically. “I’d like to know what types of paranormals are out there and what they can do.”

Carl laughed. “I think that’s a good idea, especially seeing as this mess we’re in seems to be involving more and more beings.”

Simon pulled out his paper and a pen and waited.

Carl relaxed back and seemed to be thinking. “You know about vampires and shifters—we’ll get into the different species of shifters another time or we’ll be here all night.

“Let’s start with the ones you heard about the other night. Mages are the easiest to explain. They are humans that have been born with magical abilities. The powers are limitless and depend on the mage’s personal strength. But the main powers you may see are; elements—fire, ice, water, air, etc.—mind control—this doesn’t work on vampires, something to do with the magic that turns us—and lastly levitation. When they start out mages are uncontrolled, but as they grow and train, like any skill when it's practiced, they get better and better. Mages have their own council and of course, they are represented on the high council.

“Next we have the Fae, as Fran has told us one is involved in this mess. Now the Fae are split into two groups. The Unseelie and the Seelie, or the dark and light courts. Now the stereotype is that the dark court is more likely to be involved in dubious doings than the light court. I say that’s bull. There are good and bad in both courts, and they can all cause havoc if they so desire. Fae have a lot of magic at their disposal. If you can imagine it then the likelihood is they can do it. They can create things, teleport, curse people and objects, bless people and objects, and much, much more. For Cheryl to have a Fae doing her bidding the Fae must either be in league with her—which is unlikely considering Fran told us the Fae needs to be rescued—or Cheryl has something, or someone, she is using to threaten the Fae with.

“Now on to some beings you may not know about. Trolls, they are beings of the earth and rock. They are very strong and mostly stay to themselves but have no magic to speak of. However, if they don’t want to be seen then you won’t see them. After you’ve met one you’ll never sit on a random pile of rocks again, trust me on that.

“Dwarfs are next. They are naturally smaller than most other beings, usually topping off at around four feet. They do not all have long beards and live in a cottage and work in a mine like some popular fairy tales like to portray. They look like any other human and live and work in plain sight. They do have an ability with working with tools that makes them good artists with things likes sculptures and models.

“The last ones I can think of are Gremlins and Goblins. Again, they are nothing like the way tv and stories portray them. They actually look mostly human, except for the long claws they have instead of fingernails, and the fact they only have four digits on each hand not five. Gremlins are darker skinned than Goblins and Goblins are better with jewels than any being I know except for dragon shifters. Gremlins are more likely to be working as tailors, they have an uncanny ability to judge a person’s size and shape with a quick glance.”

Carl stopped talking and looked up. His amused smirk told Simon that he looked as poleaxed as he felt.

“If you have any questions, I’ll try to answer them for you.”

Simon shook his head. “I think I’ll need to reread these notes first and then I will probably write a good two page or more of questions.”

Carl nodded. “Well, why don’t we go to the training room and work on some physical training? That may help you to relax and let your brain digest everything you’ve learned today.”

Simon nodded and automatically took Kitryn’s hand as they headed out the room.

Happy New Year...
If you missed it there was a Christmas Special to this story posted last week (link below)...
https://gayauthors.org/story/caz-pedroso/specialoccassionstories/10 
Thank you as always to everyone who reads/reacts/comments/helps on this and my other stories :hug: 
I am attempting to be online more often now and should be catching up soon, it will be faster once the kids are back at school. 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 20
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow there are a heck of a lot of paranormals in their world. Was very interesting to hear just how many different types there were. Thanks for the update Caz.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/2/2019 at 12:15 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Simon found out more than he was expecting, I’m sure he’ll have questions for Carl.

 

Thank you, Chris, Yes, I'm sure Simon will have a lot of questions. I think Carl and Kit may want to gag him by the time he gets started. :P 

 

On 1/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Wow there are a heck of a lot of paranormals in their world. Was very interesting to hear just how many different types there were. Thanks for the update Caz.

 

I thought this was the best way to let readers find out exactly what beings to expect in this story. I think I covered them all, but we'll see if any more pop up :) 

 

Thank you both for reading and commenting :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 4/10/2019 at 7:07 PM, Headstall said:

Well, that was interesting. :) 

I hope it was a good interesting :) 

Thank you for comenting and sorry for taking so long to reply :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..