Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 520 Words
  • 2,240 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 75. Epilogue part one

Things moved very fast once Cheryl was dead. Simon coaxed Kitryn off the male and he was restrained before being led away to be questioned.

Before everyone had had time to really process everything they were being herded out of the basement and they were guided to one side.

“Angel,” O’Conner’s joyful cry echoed across the clearing in front of the house. Everyone turned to see the mer-man sweeping up a slim person with long white hair.

Kitryn felt a little of the tension leave his shoulders, one had been saved at least. He was happy for O’Conner, losing his mate would likely have killed him.

“One down. Several more to go.” Simon’s breath tickled his throat as he spoke.

“I’m glad to see happy people after so much sadness and death.” Kitryn turned to give his mate a kiss and ignored the catcalls this elicited from their teammates.

The next appearance had the crowd cheering. A couple appeared, the woman cradling a baby wrapped in blue and the man holding a babbling toddler on his hip.

When Tristan spied them, he waved.

“Milly, Mike, over here. I’m so glad to see you free.”

Milly and Mike joined the group and introductions were made. Baby Michael was sleeping soundly and toddler Ophelia was hiding shyly in her Dad’s neck.

“Thank you, all, for getting us out of there. I thought for sure we’d end up dead with everyone believing us to be traitors.” Milly was crying and Mike was trying to juggle Ophelia and hug Milly at the same time.

The next group to come out had everyone falling silent. Two vampires exited carrying a stretcher upon which was a closed body bag. Kitryn assumed it as one of the guards they’d taken out, but the pair headed straight for him and Simon.

“Sir, are you Kitryn Jackier?” One asked.

Kitryn nodded feeling his stomach sinking. The male held out a sealed envelope. “I’m sorry for your loss.”

With shaking hands, he opened the envelope and pulled out the folded paper it contained.

Kit,

I’m sorry I have to write this but I know Cheryl won’t allow herself to be taken alive and once she’s dead the spell protecting me from feeling the loss of my mate will break.

You know I won’t survive that and so I have taken my own steps.

The spell will activate upon my death and will stay in effect until Fran reaches majority.

Until then my soul has been bound to hers. She can talk to me, I can train her, and she will be able to see and touch me. She can break the spell at any time and send me on the here-after if her circumstances change. Otherwise, at midnight on her eighteenth birthday, the spell will dissolve naturally.

Please remember to celebrate my life and don’t mourn my death.

Your loving Sister

Jenny.

Kitryn dropped the letter and turned into his mate's waiting arms.

The rest of the group patted him on the shoulder as they moved to give them some time alone.

Apparently, they couldn’t save them all.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 8
  • Sad 29
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m glad that Cheryl won’t cause anyone else any trouble since she’s now dead. I’m sorry that Jenny took matters into her own hands to prevent her from feeling the pain of loosing her mate after Cheryl dies. One thing that Kitryn has to look forward to is the fact that Jenny has bound her soul with Fran and she will be able to train her until she reaches maturity so she will be able to touch her and talk to her. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wow! A real power punch chapter! Really sad about Jenny but totally happy that she’ll be with Fran for some time. 🤗🥰

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/29/2020 at 12:50 AM, chris191070 said:

Poor Kitryn, but Jenny is still helping Fran even though she's dead.

 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:06 AM, mfa607 said:

Thank you! So sad for Jenny. 

 

On 1/29/2020 at 1:26 AM, Butcher56 said:

I’m glad that Cheryl won’t cause anyone else any trouble since she’s now dead. I’m sorry that Jenny took matters into her own hands to prevent her from feeling the pain of loosing her mate after Cheryl dies. One thing that Kitryn has to look forward to is the fact that Jenny has bound her soul with Fran and she will be able to train her until she reaches maturity so she will be able to touch her and talk to her. 

 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:37 PM, Smoothy said:

Wow! A real power punch chapter! Really sad about Jenny but totally happy that she’ll be with Fran for some time. 🤗🥰

 

On 2/3/2020 at 7:32 PM, Puppilull said:

Oh, poor Kitryn! At least Fran will have her around to guide her. 

Since you all said similar things I wanted to write a group reply rather than risk repeating myself to each person.

I thought long and hard about ways for Jenny to live, but one thing that has been a fixed rule of all my shifter universes, is that shifter cann ot live without thwir mates. Especially a fated mate. Jenny was true mated and therefore needed her mate to survive. The idea is that if mates die close togehter they will meet again their next lives. Jenny has circumvated this by linking herself to Fran. Like any good mother she wants to be there to see her child grow up and be invovled in her life. Hopefully Fran will thrive and find her mate and go on to live happily ever after.

Thank you all for reading, reacting, and commenting.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..