Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 977 Words
  • 1,570 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 59. Chapter 22.4

Tristan looked up from his tablet where he’d been emailing the warnings out to everyone he knew in various chat rooms and forums.

Frowning he replayed the question before he felt his brain stall. Healers? Why was Carl asking about healers?

“Um, not much. Healers come in many forms. Mage healers work by using magic to isolate the cause of the illness and pull it from the person’s body. Non-magical healers use herbs and other potions to either cause the illness to leave the person’s body, or to treat the symptoms until the person heals on their own. Why?”

“I just talked to you friend Milly—lovely lady be the way—she told me I had better treat you right or I would find out why I didn’t want to get on the wrong side of a healer. She advised me that they were as good at causing injury as healing them.

Tristan chuckled. “That sounds like Milly, she always was a sassy little…” he trailed off as the rest of what Carl had said registered. Healers could cause illness as well as heal it? It made logical sense he supposed. If a healer wanted to heal something, they would need to know how it was caused in the first place, and once they knew how it was caused they could cause it too. “We need to talk to the others.”

They rounded up everyone and ran through what they’d learned.

Kitryn was the most vocal. “If that bitch tries to use my sister to hurt people it will be the last thing she does.”

Tristan froze. “Um, I think even if Cheryl knows about this option she wouldn’t dare try and use it. If she told a healer to use their powers to hurt us, what’s to stop that healer from using their powers to hurt her? She would have no defense against it. Even if she did. How would she know if the healer was doing as she asked or not? A healer can’t kill someone, that I’m sure of. But also if someone tried to hurt Cheryl, would that trigger something on our end? Maybe she has something in place to make sure if we hurt her then something would happen here. There are too many possibilities at the moment. We can keep this option in mind though, and maybe do some research to see how far-reaching a healer’s magic is. Do they need to be in the same room? Can they reach out across distances? And if so, how far?”

Carl wrapped an arm around his shoulders and squeezed. Tristan relaxed into his mate’s hold and soaked up the comfort. “I can make a few inquiries when I make my calls. There is one other thing that has happened. The female vampire who has been aiding me in running my clan has gone missing, along with another clan member. I am told she left a note but that the only one to see it is the now missing clan member. The high council needs to make sure the warnings get out as quickly as possible before more people go missing.”

A heavy silence descended on the room as everyone seemed to be contemplating the lasted developments. It seemed they took two steps forward and one back.

The meeting broke up with everyone saying they still had calls to make.

***

Carl relaxed back in his chair and stretched until his back popped. Only one call left and he could curl up with his mate for the day.

He dialed the number and waited as the line rang and rang.

Just when he was going to give up the line connected. “Hello.”

“Hi, Mama, how are you?”

“Carl. It’s been too long. You said you’d call more often and it’s been what? Six months?”

“Um, actually it’s been nearer to ten. I’m sorry, Mama, but things are going to hell in a handbasket and I’ve been busy.”

Tristan came in and at his wave came and sat beside him. “Mama, I have someone I want you to meet. Can we change to video chat?”

Tristan’s eyes had gone wide at the mention of ‘Mama’ but Carl ignored his head shaking and tapped the camera icon on his phone. His Mama’s face filled the screen. She was beaming and when Carl adjusted the angle to include Tristan his end, he saw her face light up.

“You found your mate,” She squealed. Carl swore his Mama could squeal louder than Fran and that said something for the young seer.

“How did she know I’m your mate?” Tristan whispered.

Mama heard him, however, and answered before Carl could. “Oh, that’s easy my dear, he wouldn’t have bothered with video chat is you were anyone else. He would have just put his phone on speaker and included them that way. You look like a nice young man. May I ask your name, family, and what you are? Since my son hasn’t had the manners to introduce us properly yet.” Carl’s muttered I haven’t had a chance to speak yet was lost as his Mama kept babbling. “My name is Quin and his father is Donald, but you will call us Mama and Pops like Carl does.”

Tristan looked to be shocked into silence. He was staring at the phone as though Mama was going to lean right through the screen. He shook himself when Carl gently elbowed him and smiled.

“My name is Tristan and I don’t have any family.” Carl squeezed his knee under cover of the desk. “I’m a fire mage and it’s a pleasure to meet you, Mama.”

Carl watched his Mama melt and knew his mate now had the family he deserved. Carl would have to make sure Tristan got to meet his parents in person when this mess was sorted out.

Thank you everyone who reads, reacts, comments, and helps with this and all my stories. :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 30
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Some redemption in family...not the same but I feel better for him.  His family can still suck a bowl of rusty nails, but he can be happy now. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

From lousy family to no family to a loving family, the kind Tristan deserves. It was also special to learn how much his friends value Tristan. Thanks, @Caz Pedroso!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/31/2019 at 12:26 AM, mfa607 said:

Such a sweet end to this chapter! Unconditional acceptance and love!

At least he now has a family that will love him as he deserves. :heart: 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:55 AM, Hellsheild said:

Some redemption in family...not the same but I feel better for him.  His family can still suck a bowl of rusty nails, but he can be happy now. 

He has what he needs. Maybe it would be better to forget his family and concentrate on his mate and his new family. 

On 7/31/2019 at 2:53 AM, Dr. John NYC said:

From lousy family to no family to a loving family, the kind Tristan deserves. It was also special to learn how much his friends value Tristan. Thanks, @Caz Pedroso!

Yep, I remember a song my family nad i love, it says i'f you want to know the measure of a man, you simply count his friends'. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:03 AM, chris191070 said:

Sweet ending to the chapter, Tristan getting a family.

Now he just needs to help deal with Cheryl and life will be perfect. :) 

On 7/31/2019 at 1:31 PM, wenmale64 said:

Carl needs to watch out. Tristan just gained a family and 100+ points with Mama!!!  Great chapter @Caz Pedroso. Keep them coming!

And we all know what Mama's can be like when one of their family is hurt so i think Tristan's old family should watch out too :) 

On 8/8/2019 at 4:49 PM, Puppilull said:

Happy for Tristan! He must be feeling all warm and fuzzy. In his own Tristan way of course. 

Aceptance is a wonderfull thing to feel. 

Thank you all for reading, reacting, and commenting.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Carl's family seems like the opposite of Tristan's family.  I love that Carl's Mom not only accepts Tristan, but is delighted that Carl has found his true mate.  I just got to thinking about something in the last few chapters. Carl mentioned that after their mating Tristan might gain new powers such as extra strength from the moon or darkness. I wonder if that might also apply to Carl.  Since Tristan is a fire mage, will Carl gain some powers related to fire or light?  Maybe become immune to the sun?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..