Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 749 Words
  • 2,491 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 65. Chapter 24.1

Jenny kept her senses turned up full as she crept down the abandoned hallway. The dust was thick, showing no one had been down it in a long time, however, she didn’t want to take any chances. Faint voices pulled her forward and after a few yards, she put her ear to the wall.

She had to pull her head back slightly as Cheryl’s yelling voice echoed out.

“How did this happen? I told you none of those traitors were to be allowed to meet their mates.”

Another, quieter, male voice answered, “The cat met his mate before we even knew he’d survived and they arrived at the bear’s den. They were ready for the men we sent. Most were captured the rest were killed bar two who made it back. The mage they were sent after was far stronger than we believed. He was able to stun multiple men at once, he defended with spells far above the level two mage we were told he is supposed to be. His worthless father must have lied to us. As for the merman. I don’t know how he is still alive. The separation from his mate should have killed him by now, giving us one less elder to worry about. But, somehow, he is still living. I know it means we still have his mate but I don’t think the trade-off is working in our favour. she hasn’t had a vision for ages and the transfer spell has no effect on her.

“The vamp elder was supposed to leave the others when his mate was taken. Instead, he replaces her and we are no nearer to getting our hands on that little powerhouse they are protecting. Now even more elders have arrived and she is even better protected.

“We both know she should have been your daughter. If Mars hadn’t banished you so that tramp could take your mate, you would have given life to the most powerful seer this world has ever seen. You would have raised her. You would have rained her. And we wouldn’t have to do all this to get what we deserve.”

“Don’t you think I know that, you sod. How was I to know that snivelling idiot was going to meet someone and they were going to convince him they were his fated mate? I thought I had him cured of that nonsense. Why should we let some unknown deity control who we spend our lives with? I mean the bloke who tried to claim me was a loner! A loner for goodness sake. He moved from pack to pack, doing odd jobs and then moving on. He expected me to just fall in with him and go with him. Me! Roving the packs, no electric, no heating, hunting for my food. Like hell I was going to live like that.”

A laugh echoed out.

“He was so sure I was so hot for him I’d do anything, he didn’t even blink when the knife went in his chest. Just stared at me in confusion. Then the bastard I chose left me for some skinny bitch who smelled good. I need to get that child. With her by my side I will be able to join the pack of my choice. The high council will have to start listening to me if I control her power. They will have to make sure I have everything I want or I won’t ever let them see their precious seer.”

“You mean everything we need.” The male voice growled.

“Of course, Brother dear. You know I will never abandon you.”

Brother? Jenny held back a gasp. Why did she never know Cheryl had a brother?

A knock brought her attention back to Cheryl. “What?”

“One of the seers’ is awake again. You asked to be told.” The female voice sounded terrified and Jenny started to wonder just how many people were helping Cheryl willingly and how many were being forced somehow.

“I’ll be right there.”

Jenny head he door close.

“Let’s see what this seer can see this time. We need to take out some of these elders so the little brat loses protection. Then we can go in to get her.”

Their voices faded away as the door opened and closed again.

Jenny took some deep breaths before she started to make her way back to her room, she needed to pass his information on. Hopefully, she would be able to visit Fran tonight.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 11
  • Wow 11
  • Angry 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am still really enjoying this story! I have lost track of Kitryn and Simon. Did I forget or have they been on the sidelines for a bit? I am dying to find out how the Elders will get the best of Cheryl! Thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I agree with the graphic above.  It is about time to circle the wagons and have a Cheryl over for dinner...  She would be best with a good sauce and roasted peppers!!  Great story. Keep it coming, Please!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Precarious Jenny's only link is with Fran, who is powerful but still a young child. Will she be able to relay any information? Contact is sorely needed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 10/16/2019 at 12:27 AM, Hellsheild said:

Holy Shit...this went from dangerous to:

CODE RED! CODE RED! THIS IS NOT A DRILL SHIT HAS HIT THE FANrecap events GIF

Dangerous deranged diva detesting developments decides death defeats doddering dictatorial deity and defenders of not so defenseless adorable diviner and dependents.

That was fun.

Haha, love the gif, thank you 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:44 AM, JeffreyL said:

I am still really enjoying this story! I have lost track of Kitryn and Simon. Did I forget or have they been on the sidelines for a bit? I am dying to find out how the Elders will get the best of Cheryl! Thanks.

I am glad you're enjoying this story. The story started off with Kitryn and Simon, but other chracters started demanding they and their mates be included. hopefully the story will move alog a bit before we get another couple demanding thier time in the spotlight. 

On 10/16/2019 at 6:33 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. I’m looking forward to finding out how the elders get the best of Cheryl.

Thank you, Chris, I'm looking foreward to it too...This story has a mind of its own. 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:31 PM, mfa607 said:

Thank you! More please! Great chapter!

Thank you :) 

On 10/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, wenmale64 said:

I agree with the graphic above.  It is about time to circle the wagons and have a Cheryl over for dinner...  She would be best with a good sauce and roasted peppers!!  Great story. Keep it coming, Please!!

Hopefully they will start closing in on Cheryl soon.  Glad you're enjoying it.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:19 PM, Puppilull said:

Precarious Jenny's only link is with Fran, who is powerful but still a young child. Will she be able to relay any information? Contact is sorely needed.

Relaying the info is not the hard part. finding uninterrupted time alone maybe harder. 

 

Thank you all for continuing to read, react, and comment, it means alot. Especially when i am so behind on replying to comments.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

The gif was great, but the alliteration was better. Jenny does need to get the message through.  Cheryl is insane.  She killed her own true mate without any regret.  What a bitch.  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..