Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 571 Words
  • 2,164 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 70. Chapter 25.3

Kitryn listened at the front door. “I can’t hear a thing. From what Jenny has told us the whole place seems to be soundproofed. She even has to have a baby monitor for the kids she’s watching over as she can’t hear them crying through the walls.”

Tristan frowned. “Hmm, there isn’t much I can do to negate soundproofing unless it is magically produced. I can’t feel any magical resistance, so I am assuming the soundproofing is physical.”

“What about if we strip one of those idiots back in the forest and one of us takes his place? We could—”

Simon’s voice interrupted Dorian’s idea, “Message from Fran, Cheryl will know if we replace any guards and we only have a while until she realises the ones’ we took out are out of action. She has a seer do a regular mental check on the security people.”

Kitryn swallowed a growl, glad they could receive messages from the den via Meg in the link but frustrated to be thwarted by such a mundane thing as soundproofing.

“What about the old fashioned way?” Orion asked, making Kitryn look down to meet the dwarf’s eyes. “We could just make a hold in the wall and peer and or listen through it. If one of us has a camera we could even post it in to try and see if the coast is clear.”

There was a stunned silence before Tristan’s silent chuckle echoed in his mind. “I think we all rely too much on magic nowadays. We need to remember there are other ways to do what we need. Now has anyone got a drill and something we can post through a hole?”

It took a while but they were able to cobble together what they needed and they soon had a small hole burrowed through a corner of the building into what turned out to be a storeroom. Tristan used magic to create a hole in the blacked-out window of the room and they all climbed in, Orion threatening anyone who laughed at him needing a boost to reach the windowsill.

Once they were all gathered in the small room Tristan replaced the glass and Carl blurred out of the door to see what he could find.

He was back in minutes and they formed a tight huddle. “We can let the rest of our men in the back door. This floor seems to be deserted. I found a locked reinforced door to the west and I am guessing it leads down. If I had to make an assumtion I would say the main part of this hideout is underground and the guards are only up here when they are on duty. To get through the door we need one of the keys the prisoners have, and we need to know what we are walking into. Jenny and Fran were only able to give us so much.”

Simon held up a hand. “Message from Fran. Time running short, get through the door now and no one will see us. Apparently, Jenny paid another visit and Cheryl is busy with something important to her grand plan. She is holding a big briefing with everyone but the main guards.”

Carl nodded. “Kitryn, go get all the keys we confiscated off those bumbling fools. We’ll update the men and set the teams up again.”

Kitryn nodded and raced for the back door.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 13
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hope they’re successful in their rescue attempt and they can get past Cheryl before she captures them all. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, mfa607 said:

Crossing fingers! Let’s go! Thank you, as always Caz!

I'm sure they'll get there friends and family back, what will happen in the mean time is another matter entirely. 

On 11/27/2019 at 1:07 AM, Butcher56 said:

I hope they’re successful in their rescue attempt and they can get past Cheryl before she captures them all. 

I don't think they get by Cheryl, but only because i think more thn one of them will be looking for her to make sure she never troubles anyone ever again. 

On 11/27/2019 at 9:35 AM, chris191070 said:

Let’s hope the rescue is successful.

I'm sure it will be, and will be eventfull. 

Thank you all for reading, reacting, and commenting. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 2/3/2020 at 7:15 PM, Puppilull said:

LOL Sometimes we maked things too complicated for ourselves. A simple hole! Genius!

Yep. Sometimes we get so bogged down with the complicated (in this case magic, but in our case techonology) that we forget there are other, sometimes for simple ways, of doing things. 

Thank you for commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The tension is nicely building at this point. I'm ready for the whole thing to blow up!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..