Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,040 Words
  • 1,791 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 43. Prompt 472 When did you expect me to get that done?

em>A lunch meeting and a drama club kiss.
A Nelson POV chapter

“When did you expect me to get that done?”

“I didn’t, that’s why I have the lists here, ready for distribution. But I need the props and costumes sorted by next Wednesday, please.”

“I’ll help you, Nelson.” Eric slid his arm around my shoulders.

Ms. Neall beamed at us and hustled off to grab another early-arriving member of the drama club to rope her into some urgent task.

“I didn’t even get to tell her about us.” Eric and I had tried to get to the drama club meeting early, in order to have a quick chat with Ms. Neall about us being out as a couple to everyone. Assuming we’d need to, that is. Eric was certain Tina would have spread the news to every single person she could get ahold of.

“I think she already knows. But if not, we can make it clear.”

Before I could react, Eric had pulled me in for a hug and a brief kiss. I let him, but glanced over at the teacher afterwards to see her reaction. She hadn’t batted an eye, but the girl next to her grinned and gave us a thumbs-up. Okaaayyy, seems we’ve gotten that right. Eric’s friends had been good role models.

Eric had met me at my locker at lunch time and we found Tony and Maria waiting for us in the cafeteria. The conversation was casual while we ate, although it was clear Maria was determined to get to know the guy her best friend was in love with.

During the second half of the lunch break we went outside and walked around. We both observed Tony and Maria and let them be our example. Arms around shoulders and waists were fine. A quick hug? Check. A chaste kiss on cheek or mouth? All good. Holding hands? No problem. But when we sat on a bench for five minutes and Maria decided it was too cold and moved to Tony’s lap, Eric stayed put, and so did I.

“Are you going to the Junior Prom together?” Maria certainly didn’t seem shy about asking stuff, and Eric simply nodded. Tony rolled his eyes behind her back. He probably knew what was coming.

“Oooh, that’s wonderful. We can hang out together, if you don’t mind. I hardly know any people who are going since we don’t really mix much with the juniors.”

I had learned Tony was between Rob and Eric in age and one of the youngest guys in the junior class, which might be one of the reasons he spent most of his time with Maria and her high school friends, including Eric. My boyfriend looked at me and I nodded and smiled. I liked this couple, they were nice, and I felt they would be supportive of him no matter what. Maria had a strong personality even if she exuded kindness; I bet she’ll be a great mama, lol.

More boring classes after lunch, I had to pay attention rather than daydreaming about my hunky boyfriend. Jazz helped me by poking his elbow into my side whenever my thoughts wandered off. After the last class we split, him to go to baseball and me for drama. It was only as I walked away that I realized I’d forgotten to ask him about the end of the team meeting in the coffee shop. I told myself Jazz would have informed me if anything important happened.

The drama club slowly gathered and I was pleasantly surprised how casual most of them were about Eric and me. We sat next to each other, but refrained from anything else proclaiming our new status. After all, we weren’t here to create that kind of drama. Even the girls, who’d sort of pursued him most of the year, only pouted good-naturedly and kept their giggles under control. Soon, everyone was engrossed in discussing the end-of-term play, which only involved the senior students in minor roles, since they had finals to worry about. Finally, Ms. Neall cleared her throat.

“You have had time to read up on the play over the weekend and talk it over now. Is everyone comfortable with the role you’re in? Else, this is the time to speak up, before we start rehearsing.”

There was a general murmur of assent, and a couple of girls announced they were going to switch roles.

“Fine, in that case I need you all to talk to Nelson about costumes and props. He’ll give you a list of the things you need when you tell him your role. Items with a checkmark are things we already have. Please make an effort to come up with solutions for what we lack and report back to Nelson no later than next Monday. He will then compile a list of props and costume parts which are still missing. For the rest of today, please split into groups and start discussing and rehearsing your scene. I’ll walk around and help as needed.”

Eric gave my shoulder a squeeze before leaving to join his acting group. I sighed and went over to a desk and got out the neatly typed lists. Ms. Neall was organized and thorough, which made my job a lot easier, although still boring. Later, I had to assemble a large box of costumes and props for each role and label it with the name of the actor. After this, they were responsible for their own stuff and would add to it as necessary. The boxes were stored on deep shelves all along the side of the rehearsal room. Ms. Neall had designed the system some years ago, significantly decreasing the problem of actors frantically searching for lost items ten minutes before curtains-up.

But the cool part was Eric volunteering to help with the box task. This meant we had a legitimate reason to spend time together on the drama premises, giving us more opportunities to get to know each other better as well as kissing. But I’d better stop thinking about that and deal with the actors, who began trickling over.

Another smile ghosted across my lips as I reminded myself of Eric going home with me tonight for dinner and some studying. I had a promise to fulfill…

I know, I know, I’m a tease. But I wanted to get this posted in time.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

He, he... We're all leaving people hanging lately! Cool that everyone was so accepting of them. I just wish all kids could live their lives in peace, following their hearts...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So sweet! :heart:

 

I love how Nel and Eric emulate Tony and Maria. :D This was really beautiful Tim!

 

Thank you so much for writing this amazing chapter :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 02:38 AM, Puppilull said:

He, he... We're all leaving people hanging lately! Cool that everyone was so accepting of them. I just wish all kids could live their lives in peace, following their hearts...

It wasn't on purpose, and I've already written the next chapter to make up for it. ;)

Yeah, I felt it would be nice for the boys to have at least one drama free place to be themselves. :blink: well perhaps not drama free :huh: oh you know what I mean. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 03:15 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

So sweet! :heart:

 

I love how Nel and Eric emulate Tony and Maria. :D This was really beautiful Tim!

 

Thank you so much for writing this amazing chapter :hug:

Thanks Drew. :hug:

I'm glad you liked the idea of using an established straight couple to work out the PDA limits.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I adore Nelson and Nelson and Eric together are incredibly sweet. I love how they used Maria and Tony as a guide for what is an acceptable level of PDA (well up to the sitting on someone's lap part lol). The fact that they are more open means they're both more comfortable with their relationship and the reality of being out in the school. Nelson would have been fine on his own, but I know he worried about Eric. Great chapter Tim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 08:15 AM, LitLover said:

I adore Nelson and Nelson and Eric together are incredibly sweet. I love how they used Maria and Tony as a guide for what is an acceptable level of PDA (well up to the sitting on someone's lap part lol). The fact that they are more open means they're both more comfortable with their relationship and the reality of being out in the school. Nelson would have been fine on his own, but I know he worried about Eric. Great chapter Tim!

Thanks LL, I'm glad to get another review, and you have a good point. I hadn't thought about it, but it's true that Eric and Nelson are being quite relaxed and matter-of-fact about being a couple. I wanted them to have a good experience with their peers in the drama group, but this was a bonus. Thanks for pointing it out.

The scene with Maria and Tony was a sudden inspiration and turned out to work well IMO, so I'm thrilled to get good response on that.

And I'm delighted you like Nelson, he doesn't have as many fans as the others. You'll enjoy the next chapter. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great, easy-going chapter, Tim. It's a perfect tease for the next chapter. You showed Maria and Tony in a great light, as caring, accepting friends. I liked how Nelson and Eric copied them until the lap thing... It made me laugh... well done, once again, my friend... Cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/22/2016 12:55 PM, Headstall said:

Great, easy-going chapter, Tim. It's a perfect tease for the next chapter. You showed Maria and Tony in a great light, as caring, accepting friends. I liked how Nelson and Eric copied them until the lap thing... It made me laugh... well done, once again, my friend... Cheers... Gary...

Thanks, buddy, I'm glad you approve of the tease. ;) I hope the next chapter delivers. :P

Yeah Tony and Maria are great friends for Eric - and now Nelson too. The copy cat thing had me smiling when I wrote it, so I'm delighted it made you laugh.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another ordinary and pleasant school day :hug: Sometimes it's nice when nothing too drastic happens and everyone just does their own stuff :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/14/2016 06:50 PM, Suvitar said:

Another ordinary and pleasant school day :hug: Sometimes it's nice when nothing too drastic happens and everyone just does their own stuff :)

Thanks, Suvitar, I'm glad you appreciate the relaxed chapter as well. Sometimes, in our zeal of writing interesting stuff we forget the need for pleasant, ordinary and calm situations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
And I'm delighted you like Nelson, he doesn't have as many fans as the others.

And he probably prefers it that was! Introverted people hate being in the spotlight! ;-)
Link to comment
On 1/30/2017 at 9:20 PM, droughtquake said:
Quote
And I'm delighted you like Nelson, he doesn't have as many fans as the others.

 

And he probably prefers it that way! Introverted people hate being in the spotlight! ;-)

 

Yes, yes we do. :pinch: It's a nightmare. :puke:

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 2/3/2017 at 10:24 AM, Timothy M. said:

Yes, yes we do. :pinch: It's a nightmare. :puke:

Well, you’re stuck with this fan!  ;-)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..