Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,140 Words
  • 1,741 Views
  • 23 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 66. Prompt 619 I can’t believe I’m doing this.

Rob doing some ‘caring, big brother’ stuff.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this.” Rob grumbled as he dug out the pancake mix, a bowl and some sausages. “They better not be up to any funny business in the shower, or the lovebirds will get burnt meat and cold pancakes.”

He whipped up some batter, put pans on the stove, and got ready to cook the promised breakfast for Eric and his boyfriend. A small grin played around his mouth as he recalled the scene from earlier this morning.

***

“Rise and shine, guys!” Still dripping from his shower and wearing nothing but briefs and a towel around his neck, Rob entered Eric’s bedroom to find him and Nelson cuddled up under the same comforter. They were fast asleep, with Nelson’s nose buried against Eric’s shoulder and an arm draped over his T-shirt-clad chest.

Rob was sort of impressed neither of them reacted with more than sleepily muttered curses of ‘Go away, Rob’ and ‘Fuck, he’s loud.’ Rather than jumping apart, they almost snuggled closer, and Nelson’s hand did small random circles on Eric’s pecs.

“You’re looking very cute and comfy, but it’s after nine, and I promised Ryan we’d meet him before his cousin arrives. That means we have to be at the coffee shop by ten thirty.”

“You promised, you go.”

“Ryan’s worried about the meeting. I suggested it would build up his gay cred with the cousin and the boyfriend he accidentally outed if he had another same-sex couple as friends.”

Nelson sighed. “I hate to admit it, but he has a point, love.”

“I usually do,” Rob said with a satisfied smile, which was prompted more by the pet name than Nelson’s support. He might not know the junior well, but he suspected only a firm commitment would cause the brunet to use the L word.

“In addition, helping him would make it more likely Ryan will join the GSA. He’s probably not going away for college, so he might be a local source of support even after he graduates. It would look good on your résumé as the next GSA president to have brought in a substantial number of straight members.”

Nelson stretched to whisper something in Eric’s ear and kiss his cheek.

“Fine. Go cook us pancakes for breakfast, and we’ll join you after a quick shower. Deal?”

“That’s extortion.”

“The hot chocolates in the café are on you too,” Nelson added.

“Are you tag teaming me?” Rob scowled, but secretly liked their mutual supportiveness.

“Get used to it. Now buzz off.” Eric waved a casual hand at the door and pulled Nelson in for a long kiss.

“No funny stuff in the shower while your chaperone is busy slaving in the kitchen.”

Nelson detached himself long enough for Eric to say, “You just added sausages to the breakfast order, bro.”

“Didn’t you get enough sausage last night?”

“Rob! That’s gonna cost you freshly squeezed OJ.”

Nelson turned his head to grin at Rob. “Better leave before you’re down for a full farmhouse breakfast. Don’t worry, I’ll have Eric up and ready soon.”

Rob couldn’t resist a parting shot, “I bet you already did that.” He chuckled all the way down the stairs. Eric and Nelson really should know better than to give him openings like that.

As he added the next pancake to the rapidly growing stack in the oven, he considered the possibility of Nelson having done it on purpose. After all, being best friends with Jasper would cause anyone to develop a fine-tuned ability to tease and be teased back. It would be helpful if this ability could slowly transfer to Eric, who often had difficulties dealing with even good-natured jokes.

Rob contemplated Nelson’s capacity of distinguishing between playful banter, ignorant or thoughtless comments, and the few incidences of true hate speech which had caused him to throw finely orchestrated fits at school and earn a reputation as a fierce champion of LGBT rights. He had no doubts the guy would take on anyone who tried to sneer at his boyfriend, or their relationship, with Jasper delivering cutting remarks by his side. Rob nodded, pleased with his conclusions. ‘Those two are a formidable team, and hopefully Eric will have built enough confidence and strong alliances by the time they graduate together with Carolyn and Tony.’ Maria would luckily stay on as Eric’s close friend, and by indication of her behavior yesterday, cheerleader of Nelson as his boyfriend.

Just then his dad struck his head into the kitchen. “I thought I could smell sausages and pancakes. Are there enough for your mom and I to have a couple each?”

“If you’re fast, you can grab some before the lovebirds descend and gobble it all up.”

“Great. I’ll get the coffee going and alert Diane.”

“I’m sure Eric and Nelson will be happy to face the Spanish Inquisition first thing.”

“Don’t you mean round two of nosy torture? Did you get any confessions?”

They both snickered, but Rob shook his head. “They were fully clothed and enjoying the sleep of the near innocent when I stuck my head in to take breakfast orders.”

“How come you didn’t knock to ask for our wishes?”

“Because I didn’t want to risk being scarred for life. I have my suspicions about what might cause you two to have a late Saturday morning.”

“Very wise. Diane was in a rather…hmm playful mood this morning. I think I lived up to her expectations.”

“Eww, Dad. TMI.”

“You should be glad your old man is fit and functional. That sort of thing could be hereditary.”

“Is this when I’m supposed to say you’re not old?”

“Cheeky imp-boy. Get on with those pancakes and fry some bacon. I’ll be back soon to make scrambled eggs and toast. You need a proper meal on a game day.”

“Yes, please. The pancakes and sausages are in the oven.”

“We better not make any sausage jokes, or the boys will think it’s a conspiracy to embarrass them.”

“Too late.”

Taking a mug of coffee with him, Rob’s dad disappeared with a final snicker.

Finishing the last pancakes, Rob wiped the pan and turned the heat up a bit to fry the bacon. He wanted Eric and Nelson to be in a good mood for later. Ryan had told him about his cousin and his boyfriend being separated for a year but managing to keep their relationship alive. Even though Eric would have another year with Nelson before the latter took off for college, it wouldn’t hurt to get some tips and reassurances. But his plans to get the older couple to share their experience would only work if the newbies were in a mellow and receptive mood.

“But I can’t believe I’m cooking breakfast for a bunch of horny people, and I’m the only one who didn’t get laid.”

Extra thanks to @AC Benus for educating me about American style breakfast in addition to his normal editing and beta work.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Haha 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I guess I shouldn't complain about any tiny morsel we get…
;–)

Rob really should explore the other possibilities that exist for him. If he's going to complain about not getting laid, he could increase his chances substantially. There are guys who would be interested in a short-term, no strings or commitment fling.
;–)

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Nope, just scrambled eggs. :rofl: 

But it seemed so appropriate for you to have an Easter Egg in the chapter posted on Easter!
;–)

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Don't forget this chapter was meant to have been posted two weeks ago. I'm lucky to just have the word egg in there. ;) 

So you had two weeks to sneak in an Easter Egg!
;–)

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

So you had two weeks to sneak in an Easter Egg!
;–)

No, because the chapter was already uploaded, and ANY edit before posting would mean the chapter does not feature on the Recent Story Updates list.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

...farmhouse breakfasts are the best... :)

I like the 'get him up and ready' line and how Rob reacted to it  

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

No, because the chapter was already uploaded, and ANY edit before posting would mean the chapter does not feature on the Recent Story Updates list.

Think of how much easier this would have been if you had just said, ‘Wow, what a coincidence!’ or ‘It must have been the Imp who planted that line!’
;–)

Link to comment

Judging from the morning banter, Nelson is a good fit into this family--just makes me wonder if Eric will be able to cope with all the wordplay he's in for each morning.  There are no half-wits in this family.  :)

Oh by the way min ven--I hate you!  Pancakes was always my favorite food along with eggs, and I miss them so much now that they're harder to make for me....:(

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/21/2019 at 1:29 PM, dughlas said:

Chirp chirp ... thank you for the early morning visit.

You're welcome, dugh. Thank you for being a faithful reader, even when plagues by migraines. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 4/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, wenmale64 said:

Loved the last line...  Rob needs to explore his options......

LOL, you're not the only one who thinks so. Maybe when he goes to college in California. :unsure2:  If the right person came along I think he'd be open to the idea, but Rob's still mostly straight.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 4/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, AC Benus said:

...farmhouse breakfasts are the best... :)

I like the 'get him up and ready' line and how Rob reacted to it  

Yeah, I'm not a morning person but if you serve breakfast at 10 I'm all for the full experience. No baked beans or kippers, though. :puke: 

That line is one of my favorite too, so thank you for mentioning it. :hug: 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 4/22/2019 at 4:33 AM, Geron Kees said:

I knew there was a reason to get up today! :)

LOL, I'm glad it made your Sunday better. Hope the next chapter will do so as well.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

@ColumbusGuy I'm sure Eric will be happy to have an ally who can keep up with Rob's banter and his father's dry wit. Nelson will hopefully tease Eric more considerately than an older brother. Although, Rob is not too bad, since he's also quite protective of Eric.

Sorry about making you miss pancakes and scrambled eggs. :( Don't you have an IHOP or something similar in your town? 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

If only all parents could be so relaxed about sex, I think a lot of teens would feel much safer talking to them about their thoughts and questions. 

That will be some breakfast!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

If only all parents could be so relaxed about sex, I think a lot of teens would feel much safer talking to them about their thoughts and questions. 

That will be some breakfast!

Yep, you're right. Mr. Perry does have a special advantage in being a psychologist specializing in children and teens, so he has more experience than most with talking about delicate matters.

They enjoyed the breakfast very much. :yes: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

So now we know where Rob gets it from. His dad was hilarious. You didn't disappoint with this eagerly awaited 'Rob' chapter, Tim. :D 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

So now we know where Rob gets it from. His dad was hilarious. You didn't disappoint with this eagerly awaited 'Rob' chapter, Tim. :D 

Thanks, Gary. You're right about Rob being like his dad - and maybe Eric is more like his mom ? We have a saying in Danish: Æblet falder ikke langt fra stammen. It literally means The apple drops close to the tree (stem). But the figurative meaning is offspring resemble their parents.

More Rob to come soon...

Spoiler

and this time he's naked. ;)  

 

  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

Thanks, Gary. You're right about Rob being like his dad - and maybe Eric is more like his mom ? We have a saying in Danish: Æblet falder ikke langt fra stammen. It literally means The apple drops close to the tree (stem). But the figurative meaning is offspring resemble their parents.

More Rob to come soon...

  Hide contents

and this time he's naked. ;)  

 

:D  :wub:  :D 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..