Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,668 Words
  • 2,784 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 38. Prompt 323 Can I talk to you? (III)

Used for the third time with one small addition.
Nelson's ideas about being at the Prom with Eric.
An Eric POV chapter

“Nelson, can I talk to you?” Eric knocked on the bathroom door and waited for a reply. The sound of the toilet flushing was the only thing he heard. He waited some more, giving Nelson time to finish, but his boyfriend didn’t appear. He knocked again, but when nothing happened, he went a few steps further along the corridor and slipped into his own room. The door to the bathroom was ajar, letting in enough light to show Nelson sitting on Eric’s bed with his back to the door, his shoulders slumped.

“Nelson?” Eric wanted to rush over and hug him, but he wasn’t sure if that was the right approach.

“Uhm, yeah, I thought I’d better get my stuff together, since Mom and Dad will probably want to leave soon.” Nelson sounded calm as he fiddled with his backpack, but Eric knew there was something wrong. Nelson had already packed everything away before they’d gone downstairs earlier. And he didn’t turn around to look at him.

“Ehm, about the prom,” Eric began, but then faltered. To his surprise Nelson turned around and squared his shoulders. The expression on his face was difficult to make out in the half-dark room.

“You’re quite right to wonder about the consequences of being a same-sex couple at the Junior Prom. As Trevor’s date I got a lot of attention last year, and even though most of it was harmless, it was a strain. In fact, if it wasn’t for his compelling argument about showing the whole school that two guys going to the prom together wasn’t a big deal, I’m not sure I would have said yes.”

Nelson looked down and took a deep breath. “So I understand if… It might be better—” He didn’t get any further. Eric had already started his move, when he saw his boyfriend’s face dip.

“Stop it, Nelson.” He pushed the older teen down on the bed and kissed him. Thankfully, there was no hesitation in Nelson’s response; it was fervent and left them both panting.

“We’re boyfriends and we’re going to our proms together. All four of them.”

“Four times? Oh, right.” Nelson pulled Eric down for another scorching kiss.

“Yep, we both have a junior and a senior prom, and we’ll take turns picking each other up and organizing the hotel room.”

“The hotel room?” Nelson’s voice almost broke on the word.

“Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do after your senior prom if you’re a couple? Go somewhere private and fuck all night?”

“Ahhh, I… ehm… jeez, babe, I guess you have dreamt about proms with a boyfriend too.” Eric decided not to reveal that Rob was his source of information on this topic.

“What do you dream about, Nel?” He was determined to fulfill every single wish.

“Before or after I knew you?”

Eric rolled off his boyfriend and reached out to switch on his bedside lamp. He wanted to be able to see Nelson’s face and eyes. They moved until they were lying on their sides, facing each other.

“OK, start with before you met me.”

“Mmm, I guess I dreamt of meeting a guy, who would take my breath away, and we would become boyfriends, and at the prom we would dance and go for a walk in the moonlight, holding hands and kissing.”

“So what changed?” Eric thought it sounded perfectly romantic. He was intrigued to see a flush creep onto Nelson’s cheeks.

“Well, you know I thought you were straight?”

“Mm-hmm.”

“So I sort of had two different scenarios, depending on how… pessimistic I felt.”

“Didn’t you ever consider or imagine I might be gay? That I might want you?” Eric still couldn’t believe Nelson had written off that possibility from day one.

“Oh yes, that was my favorite fantasy. I used to indulge myself on the bad days.”

“The bad days?” Eric felt this talk was getting off course.

“You know, those days where you hate yourself for falling in love with a devastatingly handsome but unobtainable guy, and for being too shy to talk to him, since why would he even look at you twice when all the pretty girls in the drama club are flirting with him.”

“Oh… those days.” Eric recalled the ache in his guts whenever he’d seen Nelson smiling and laughing with Jasper, or the couple he now knew as Maria and Tony. He had wished those smiles were for him, that those warm brown eyes would look at him with interest and want. But Nelson was two years older, a junior with no time for a lowly freshman, or so Eric had believed. At least he’d known Nelson was gay, but the hopelessly-in-love was something he could relate to very much.

“Anyway, on my good days, I’d dream of being brave enough to go and flirt with you. If you flirted back, I’d ask you to go to the senior prom with me. The rest was simply my old dream, but a hundred times better because you were in it.”

“The senior prom? What about this year? Were you going to ask someone else?”

“No, of course not! I would have gone stag.”

Eric quickly leaned forward to give Nelson an apologetic kiss.

“I simply couldn’t imagine working up the courage to invite you this year. You don’t know how relieved I was that you asked me the ‘boyfriend’ question. It was one of the best moments in my life.”

This time Nelson initiated the kiss, and Eric felt his pants grow tight as their tongues entwined. Fuck, he loved the way Nelson told him with words and gestures how much he cared about him, appreciated him, wanted him, only him. Eric knew he was the luckiest guy on earth.

“Nelson, I’m sorry if you thought I had second thoughts about going to the prom with you. It never crossed my mind, because having you as my boyfriend and being able to dance with you, is the only thing which makes the whole prom idea bearable.”

“You sound like you’re not a fan?”

“It always seemed such a chick thing, something straight guys bear with for the sake of their girlfriends, or to get laid.”

“Stereotyping a bit, eh?”

“Whatever.”

“So, since I invited you…” Nelson smirked at Eric, who knew exactly what his boyfriend was implying.

“I hope we don’t have to wait that long, but yeah I’ll put out. Or did you want my cherry on that night?”

“Eric!” Hmm, getting Nelson to blush and sputter was so much fun.

“Yes, babe?” Maybe this was why Rob always teased and smirked when he managed to rattle Eric.

“Never mind.”

“OK, now tell me your other dream.”

“Promise you won’t laugh.”

“Cross my heart. So tell me all the details.”

“Well, since this was pure fantasy, I went a bit overboard. I ignored the age difference and pretended we’re both at the senior prom. You look awesome in a tux. Blue cummerbund to match your eyes. Those long legs and wide shoulders.”

Eric watched Nelson’s chocolate eyes go soft and dreamy, and his heart lurched. His handsome lover had probably looked like this every time he thought of him, and he might have missed out. Maybe he ought to appreciate his interfering older brother a bit more. From what Rob had said, he’d seen this expression on Nel’s face at least once, leading him to conclude the shy junior had the hots for Eric. Well, if Eric had ever caught a glimpse of this mixture of desire and admiration from the reticent junior, he might have cornered Nelson long before and kissed the hell out of him.

“I’m standing at the side of the dance floor, watching you move, trying not to feel jealous of the girls who get to touch you. Although you don’t let them get close, you’re polite but distant. You take the latest admiring chick back to her friends, neatly avoiding their obvious interest in replacing her, and head over to get something to drink. I enjoy watching you gulp down half a bottle of water, eyes closed and head tilted back, and I’m lost in the sight. So when you suddenly straighten, your gaze encounters mine; I’m caught staring.”

The red tinge returned to Nelson’s cheeks, and Eric knew this would also have happened, if the dream had been real. Fuck, why had he never caught Nelson staring at him? Hmm, maybe because he’d been too far back in the closet.

“You get this look on your face, like a predator but not the bad kind. You’re like a sleek but powerful lion as you move towards me. Of course I can’t really believe you’re stalking me and I turn around to see the person who must have caught your attention. But no one is there, and the next thing I know you’re right behind me. Your breath is hot against my neck and ear as you whisper ‘Do you wanna dance, sexy?’ and your hand on my hip holds me steady as you mold your strong body against mine.”

Eric couldn’t help the small gasp escaping as he realized how close his actions earlier this evening came to the scenario Nelson was describing in vivid detail. The small sound brought Nelson out of his trip down memory lane, and he gave an embarrassed chuckle.

“Then what happens?”

“Hmm?”

“After I ask you to dance?”

“I usually blow my load.”

“What?” Eric blurted out and then wanted to smack himself. Of course this was a jerking-off fantasy, like the ones he used to have about running his hands through Nelson’s hair as the hot teen blew him.

“Or, if I managed to hold off, there was some extremely hot dancing and kissing. I never got beyond that.”

“We will. I promise.”

They lost themselves in another intense making-out session, only to be interrupted by a knock on the door and Jasper’s voice telling them Nelson and he had to go home.

For Drew and Victor, who delight in making me blush. Thanks to AC for a fast edit.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Hi Tim! Nice little snapshot. I like your style (sorry I've been trying to get to everyone who has reviewed me, I'm slow, I know). The story is sweet and sexy and I like the interaction between these two. The only thing I didn't understand was why Nelson's parents were there. It probably isnt important to anyone but me... it was just a niggle.
It would be fun to read more about these two and their proms and the hotels!!
Thanks for a great read.
tim

  • Like 2
Link to comment

They are so cute together :wub: and it's nice that they feel they can talk to each other about everything :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 01:30 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Hi Tim! Nice little snapshot. I like your style (sorry I've been trying to get to everyone who has reviewed me, I'm slow, I know). The story is sweet and sexy and I like the interaction between these two. The only thing I didn't understand was why Nelson's parents were there. It probably isnt important to anyone but me... it was just a niggle.

It would be fun to read more about these two and their proms and the hotels!!

Thanks for a great read.

tim

Hi tim

thanks for reviewing. I'm not sure I understand your question. Nelson's parents have been there since the boys came back from the Mall in ch 30. You did read the whole story from the beginning, right?

Anyway, I hope we will eventually arrive at the prom, but as you can see the story progresses rather slowly. I'm glad you like it, and I hope you'll be patient and keep reading.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 01:39 AM, Suvitar said:

They are so cute together :wub: and it's nice that they feel they can talk to each other about everything :)

Thanks Suvitar, I'm still sort of surprised at having created a cute teen couple. But at least they're not falling into the trap of miscommunication and assume. Glad you approve. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm outta likes :heart: :heart: :heart:

 

Nel and Eric are absolutely adorable! :D t's these moments that have me wanting to adopt them :wub:
The fantasies that they had about each other are cute :D Especially Nel's :*) It's so cute that they can share anything with each other :)
Oh and, I can totally see Rob asking for details :gikkle: I wonder how Eric will handle that :lol:

 

Thanks for the chapter Tim :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Nelson and Eric are so adorable together! :wub: I love that they are honest with each other, both about their feelings and their fantasies. And Nelson's fantasy, a little sad (since he thought he could never actually have Eric) but also sweet and hot. And yay for Eric for putting Nelson's mind at ease about the prom!!
Loved it Tim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 01:50 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

I'm outta likes :heart: :heart: :heart:

 

Nel and Eric are absolutely adorable! :D t's these moments that have me wanting to adopt them :wub:

The fantasies that they had about each other are cute :D Especially Nel's :*) It's so cute that they can share anything with each other :)

Oh and, I can totally see Rob asking for details :gikkle: I wonder how Eric will handle that :lol:

 

Thanks for the chapter Tim :hug:

You're welcome, Drew, I'm glad you liked your chapter. :D

I don't think I've had a review with three 'cute's before, lol. But since everyone else seems to agree, I guess I accomplished my mission.

Yes, they will share all their dreams and thoughts, they may be introvert / shy, but once they trust, it's full steam ahead. I may have to let Eric expand on his fantasies about Nelson, just to keep the balance. :P

 

Yup, one nosy Rob coming up. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 01:50 AM, LitLover said:

Nelson and Eric are so adorable together! :wub: I love that they are honest with each other, both about their feelings and their fantasies. And Nelson's fantasy, a little sad (since he thought he could never actually have Eric) but also sweet and hot. And yay for Eric for putting Nelson's mind at ease about the prom!!

Loved it Tim!

Thanks LL, I seem to have hit the right mix of romance and hotness. Yes, they are both honest, and while they may blush they are not ashamed of how they feel.

I'm glad you caught the slight sadness of Nelson's dreams, he's been in love with Eric for a long time, and he's still in the 'I can't believe my luck' stage. So is Eric, and they want to show their appreciation, if you know what I mean. :P

Yep, the prom issue is solved, but why was Eric asking about them being the only same-sex couple?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

This was very realistic and I could see it playing out just this way. They are a cute couple together. Thanks for this glimpse Tim.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 02:25 AM, drpaladin said:

This was very realistic and I could see it playing out just this way. They are a cute couple together. Thanks for this glimpse Tim.

LOL another vote for cute :D

Thanks, pal, I'm flattered you found it realistic. I hate it when misunderstandings drag on and on, and the boys wanted to talk about something a lot more interesting. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you, Tim for having Eric say and do just the right things to comfort and reassure Nelson. He still needs some experience seeing that there is a problem, but his instincts on how to handle it are spot-on.
The verge-of-happy-tears gave way only once when I laughed so hard at Eric offering his cherry to Nelson at the hotel after the prom. That was priceless.
Eric and Rob, and Jasper and Nelson, are the perfect support teams which allow our two lovers to fulfill their dreams...if only other boys could find such support this might not be so unusual an outcome in school dances.
Wonderfully refreshing to see boys being themselves, and being free to express their feelings for one another honestly.
More please, min ven!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh, so great that the guys actually talk and are honest with each other! They could teach a few grown ups a thing or two about communication. It will be awesome to read the prom chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Very sweet and romantic conversation. I'll throw in cute, too, just to make it unanimous... Well done... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 01:23 PM, Headstall said:

Very sweet and romantic conversation. I'll throw in cute, too, just to make it unanimous... Well done... cheers... Gary...

Good morning Gary, I'm glad our resident expert on sweet romance approves of the chapter. :lol: What comes naturally to you is a struggle for me, but practice makes perfect (or so I'm told). Maybe after another 40 chapters or so, I'll write teen love as easy as pi(e).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 09:02 AM, Puppilull said:

Oh, so great that the guys actually talk and are honest with each other! They could teach a few grown ups a thing or two about communication. It will be awesome to read the prom chapter!

Thanks my fellow Scandinavian, yes guys who can talk honestly are awesome. I think they know how to be silent together too, just enjoying being together, reading watching a movie or whatever. :P

The Prom, oh god I don't want to contemplate how many chapters I'll have to write before I get there. Hmm, I may have to fastforward a bit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 07:52 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Thank you, Tim for having Eric say and do just the right things to comfort and reassure Nelson. He still needs some experience seeing that there is a problem, but his instincts on how to handle it are spot-on.

The verge-of-happy-tears gave way only once when I laughed so hard at Eric offering his cherry to Nelson at the hotel after the prom. That was priceless.

Eric and Rob, and Jasper and Nelson, are the perfect support teams which allow our two lovers to fulfill their dreams...if only other boys could find such support this might not be so unusual an outcome in school dances.

Wonderfully refreshing to see boys being themselves, and being free to express their feelings for one another honestly.

More please, min ven!

Thanks min ven, I think your J&M story has taught me a lot about the importance of (teen) communication. Yes, Eric may need to learn to spot the signals - or perhaps Nelson needs to be up front about his feelings. But they are both determined to make this work, and that includes being honest with each other - as well as lots of kissing etc.

I'm glad the cherry moment made you laugh, AC also liked it a lot. However, I don't think they'll be able to go to a hotel after the junior prom, not even with Rob and Jasper as support team. Eric's parents are liberal-minded but not that easygoing! And sneaking off during the prom may be difficult too, particularly if they attract a lot of attention as a hot / cute couple. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh, horny teenagers [hot] in love [sweet] ...
Eric can be forgiven for his earlier mis-step. He's young and still learning to know Nelson, even Rob needed Jaz to clarify why Nelson was so upset. Eric is definitely Rob's little bro ... "I'll put out, ... or would you rather have my cherry on that night?" Sounds like Rob :heart:
Nel's prom fantasy as written was so true to the boy we know and love ...
You need to talk to one another boys, when you do your absolutely beautiful together.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

One of my favourite things about Eric and Nelson is that they talk and try to be honest with each other. I'm happy they are continuing to do that. As for the full prom experience? I think that Eric will make sure that Nelson will experience all of his fantasies and more :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 09:54 PM, dughlas said:

Oh, horny teenagers [hot] in love [sweet] ...

Eric can be forgiven for his earlier mis-step. He's young and still learning to know Nelson, even Rob needed Jaz to clarify why Nelson was so upset. Eric is definitely Rob's little bro ... "I'll put out, ... or would you rather have my cherry on that night?" Sounds like Rob :heart:

Nel's prom fantasy as written was so true to the boy we know and love ...

You need to talk to one another boys, when you do your absolutely beautiful together.

Aww, dughlas, thanks for writing such a delightful review, which by the way moved the story one place up on the most reviewed list. 14th place, can you believe it??

I laughed out loud at the Eric-channeling-Rob idea, but I have to conclude you're right. Rob would be so proud and Eric probably slightly mortified if we told them. :lol:

But what really got to me, was the part about knowing and loving Nelson, and how true his prom dream was. There are so many shy teens out there (boys and girls), with hopes and wishes but no expectations. Nelson has finally gotten lucky in love, and it's something we all deserve.

Don't worry, I'll keep them talking. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2015 11:47 PM, EagleIsaac said:

One of my favourite things about Eric and Nelson is that they talk and try to be honest with each other. I'm happy they are continuing to do that. As for the full prom experience? I think that Eric will make sure that Nelson will experience all of his fantasies and more :P

Thanks for my 400th review, Isaac, I'm grateful for every single one I've gotten, my readers are awesome. :worship:

Having Nelson and Eric talk seems to make you all happy, so as I said to dugh, I'll keep them doing that. Amongst other things :P

Oh yes, Eric is a man with a mission now. The prom is gonna be a blast. Every single one of them. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love the little moments that had me rocking with laughter. Like the discovery that Nelson's beautiful dream of having Eric come and dance with him was a 'wank-off' fantasy.

 

Also the moment where the 'admittal' of a hotel room is in the plans, and that may mean the loss of Eric's cherry – if not sooner ;)

 

Really a touching chapter too. The tenderness and searching out of boyfriends just getting to know one another is very believable.

 

Great job; can't wait for the next!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/14/2015 05:30 AM, AC Benus said:

I love the little moments that had me rocking with laughter. Like the discovery that Nelson's beautiful dream of having Eric come and dance with him was a 'wank-off' fantasy.

 

Also the moment where the 'admittal' of a hotel room is in the plans, and that may mean the loss of Eric's cherry – if not sooner ;)

 

Really a touching chapter too. The tenderness and searching out of boyfriends just getting to know one another is very believable.

 

Great job; can't wait for the next!

Thanks AC, I know I've done well, when I can make you laugh and add !! lol to your edits. :D

A touching chapter - perhaps in more ways than one. :P But yes, they are still feeling their way forward in this new relationship, trying to smooth the small knots which are bound to pop up.

I hope I'll get the next chapter to you soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

It’s amazing how far the US has come in the 40 years since I graduated from high school. There was only one Openly Gay student (definitely not me!) in the school. San Diego had a Gay Community Center, but there was no way I would have ever gone (I only managed to get to Berkeley’s Pacific Center, a Gay Community Center so old they didn’t dare use the “G” word even in Berkeley, more than a decade later!) Now even my old high school has a GSA!

 

I remember selling Reflections of a Rock Lobster, the 1981 story of one of the first US Gay students to sue and win the right to take his male date to his Prom! The memoir is old (but was updated), it’s not on Wikipedia, but Amazon still sells it and there’s even a Kindle version.

 

I’m glad kids today can do things I couldn’t even in my wildest fantasy imagine doing! I never went to any of my school dances. (I did go to see a female friend play in a field hockey game – it was the only school athletic event I ever attended! I’ve never even gone to any of my class reunions and there’s a 40th coming up that I won’t attend.)

Link to comment
On 01/30/2017 07:30 PM, droughtquake said:

It’s amazing how far the US has come in the 40 years since I graduated from high school. There was only one Openly Gay student (definitely not me!) in the school. San Diego had a Gay Community Center, but there was no way I would have ever gone (I only managed to get to Berkeley’s Pacific Center, a Gay Community Center so old they didn’t dare use the “G” word even in Berkeley, more than a decade later!) Now even my old high school has a GSA!

 

I remember selling Reflections of a Rock Lobster, the 1981 story of one of the first US Gay students to sue and win the right to take his male date to his Prom! The memoir is old (but was updated), it’s not on Wikipedia, but Amazon still sells it and there’s even a Kindle version.

 

I’m glad kids today can do things I couldn’t even in my wildest fantasy imagine doing! I never went to any of my school dances. (I did go to see a female friend play in a field hockey game – it was the only school athletic event I ever attended! I’ve never even gone to any of my class reunions and there’s a 40th coming up that I won’t attend.)

Yeah we tend to forget how it was - and I guess still is in large parts of the world. That's why I like reading the stories by AC Benus and ColumbusGuy and other people who portray the reality of that time. So we can appreciate what we have achieved and hope for more in the future.

There are so many parallels in the fights for equal rights and equal opportunity by women, black people and gay people, and we have to remember what we take for granted now was won by those courageous souls.

Proms remain a mystery to me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

“It always seemed such a chick thing, something straight guys bear with for the sake of their girlfriends, or to get laid.”
“Stereotyping a bit, eh?”
“Whatever.”
“So, since I invited you…” Nelson smirked at Eric, who knew exactly what his boyfriend was implying.
“I hope we don’t have to wait that long, but yeah I’ll put out. Or did you want my cherry on that night?”

 

- HA HA HA HA...Can't breathe...laughing too hard. Eric, that was hilarious.

 

“Then what happens?”
“Hmm?”
“After I ask you to dance?”
“I usually blow my load.”

 

- HA HA HA...dying...these two are killing me! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..