Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,223 Words
  • 2,658 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 46. Prompt 392 What the hell are you watching?

The other half of the Rob POV scene in the locker room. I'll get back to what the coach said later.

“What the hell are you watching?” Rob asked Tobias. “Your toenails grow, or how the tiles have been laid out?” His voice was low, but Mitchell on the other side of Tobias in the showers heard him and chuckled.

“I bet he’s being considerate and giving everyone else a chance to check him out.”

“Ha, as if they would look at him, when I am on display.”

Rob did an exaggerated soaping of his chest and underarms, almost worthy of a porn movie, and Jasper let out a wolf whistle from across the aisle.

“Someone is practicing their seductive skills, eh Rob? Anyone specific you have in mind right now?”

“Nah, but I was checking out colleges the other night, and I came across one place in California which looked interesting. They even have a baseball program with a few scholarships.”

“What does that have to do with you displaying your body in the showers?” Jasper sounded genuinely confused.

“I thought you were going to a college here on the East Coast?” Mitchell joined the conversation, and Rob noticed how Tobias started to act more natural now that the attention was on the blond jock next to him. Most of the baseball team members had finished their showers, but there were four or five people left.

“I can widen my search now, and I wouldn’t mind going farther away from home and being in a place with sun and pretty open-minded people.”

There was a short silence as his audience tried to work out the implications of that statement. Rob had the feeling Jasper understood the first part and was pleased with the compliment to his best friend. Nelson would take care of his little brother from now on; he was already the main person responsible for Eric’s happiness and confidence, and Rob had no doubt this would intensify as their relationship developed. He had every trust in Nel – and Jazz too – as support and protection during the coming school year. Once Eric was a junior, and hopefully popular as GSA president, he should have few problems.

It freed him to a large extent, although he would of course always be there for his brother if needed. But he no longer had to limit his search and applications to colleges with programs suitable for Eric’s academic interest, or close enough to home for frequent visits in the next years. In fact, moving farther away would increase the likelihood of Eric stepping out of his older brother’s shadow. Of course, it would also enable Rob to stand on his own feet away from his Mom and Dad. He loved them, and they were great parents, all things considered, but the urge to stretch his wings and experience life without them hovering close had intensified lately. Losing the girlfriend shackles had been another important step.

“Did you mean ‘pretty’ as in good looking, or were you thinking of ‘fairly open-minded’ people?” Tobias asked, and Rob turned to grin at him. He was pleased to see the return of the clever, calm catcher who often caught the small signals of players about to steal bases, or at least attempt to do so.

“I meant handsome guys and beautiful girls with liberal minds, free spirits and a sense of humor.”

“I guess we all prefer those to ugly, intolerant, boring idiots.” Tobias managed to sound casual instead of sarcastic, but Jasper chuckled wickedly, while Mitchell and Rob high-fived each other as well as the catcher.

“Hey buddy, I’m meeting Amy and her sister for a bite after this, why don’t you join us?” Mitchell said as he and Tobias walked over to their towels.

“Older or younger sister?” Tobias asked.

“Younger, and Veronica likes baseball, so you’ll have that in common. She’s a freshman here, actually.”

Rob smirked at Mitchell not mentioning Veronica liked baseball players or at least one specific teammate.

“Hmmm, I don’t know, Mitch,” Tobias was saying as they walked from the showers.

“I’m not trying to set you up, dude. In fact…” The remainder of his words was lost in the general noise from the showers and the locker room.

Rob rinsed the last soap from his legs, switched off the water and walked over to his towel. Everyone was done now, including Jasper who joined him and began his own drying process.

“What does going to college in California have to do with you doing the sexy shower routine?”

Damn, the redhead was almost as stubborn as Rob, and clever at teasing too. He contemplated saying ‘So, you think I’m sexy,’ but decided it would cross the line to no purpose. Asking Trevor the same question might be fun, if only to see whether he could rattle the cool dude.

He tried a dismissive shrug. “I dunno. I guess I have this idea of L.A. and San Francisco as places where it’s OK to flirt and maybe…push the borders a bit. Get some attention and compliments with no strings attached. I mean, what’s the fun of working hard to get fit, if no one appreciates the effort?” He flexed his arm to show off his muscles.

Jasper gaped at him for a few moments, while Rob did his best to keep his face straight. A twitch of his mouth gave him away and both jocks started howling with laughter.

“Jeez, man, you’re unbelievable,” the redhead gasped. They were the last ones in the locker room, Rob saw as they entered from the shower area.

“Do you actually want guys to hit on you?” Suddenly, Jasper’s voice was low and serious. “Because I’m betting it will happen if you act like that in the right – or wrong? – places. Will you be OK with it?”

He gave the question proper consideration. “Why should I mind guys admiring, flirting or hitting on me; it’s a compliment, isn’t it? I would mainly worry about leading people on which is uncool, whether it’s a girl or a guy.”

The junior pitcher nodded. “True. But I’ve never heard any girls complaining about you, in spite of what Carolyn calls ‘Rob’s charming ways,’ and the high school crushes you’ve inspired.”

Rob suppressed a wince at the new reminder of Amy’s sister Veronica having a crush on him. “So, she thinks I’m charming, eh? Well, I always thought Carolyn has excellent taste, and she’s sensible too. You’re lucky having her, Jazz.”

“I know.” He grinned. “And she reminds me if I’m about to forget.”

“I’m sure she appreciates your looks and brains too.”

“Dude, are you flirting with me?” Jasper hit Rob’s shoulder and both of them laughed until the redhead suddenly exclaimed, “Shit, look at the time, I promised to pick up Nelson and Eric like five minutes ago.”

“I’ll go with you. I want to hear how the drama club meeting went.”

“Nelson wasn’t worried about it. Nobody there has ever made any big deal about him being gay.”

“Yeah, I think Eric was mainly worried about more Tina excitement. He hates being the center of attention.”

“He has that in common with Nelson, but hopefully the news value of them being a couple will fade fast.”

“Bet you there was some kind of drama at the meeting.”

Jasper smirked at him, and they said together, “It’s a drama club, after all.”

As always, my thanks to AC Benus for a fast and helpful edit.
If you want to see JohnAR’s version of Rob in action at college in California, check out Meta book 6 (MetaProphecies): the second half of chapter 5 and the first part of chapter 8 and of chapter 10.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Now if that isn't suggestive ;-).
Maybe I was too quick to make him date a lady in California.
Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rob's sexy shower time... :wub: 10 out of 10 :yes:

 

I am so happy for Rob! :D I mean, he's now expanding his horizons to include universities farther away from home. I understand why he only considered East coast schools before, wanting to be nearby for Eric. But since his little brother has Nelson now, it's no longer that necessary. And it speaks of how highly Rob thinks of Nel :) He trusts him with his brother. And of course, going to a school in Cali would also allow Eric to come out of Rob's shadow and grow into his own.

 

One of my favorite moments in this chapter, was when Rob pondered on rattling Trevor again :lol: Those two will definitely become fast friends :yes: and I am really looking forward to seeing more of their interactions.

 

Thank you Tim for another amazing chapter :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A soap-chested Rob…just the thing to drive us all to distraction. Whatever the boys did, it worked to bring Tobias back into the light a bit, and that was awesome to see.

 

Good job! But, what of the coach thing…? Maybe that's coming up later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey onkel Tim :hug: I am guilty of binge reading all the chapters without leaving reviews :facepalm: I loved the chapter :D I did plan to read meta but seeing that there are about 6 books already would take quite a time to catch on :) I can see why Rob wanted to go study in California :lol: as much as you love your family, being independent is really important :) sorry for leaving a short review but seeing as how my hand already hurts from over working it today :facepalm: I need to rest it for now :) I'll be reviewing the chapters I missed later though I still need to catch up on other stories as well :*) so, it'll be a while

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yum, a soapy ginger jock. Yeah, I know everyone loves Rob and he is a hottie but ginger Jaz in the shower ...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 06:52 AM, JohnAR said:

Now if that isn't suggestive ;-).

Maybe I was too quick to make him date a lady in California.

Thanks.

You know I like to suggest. ;) But I'm sure Rob is happy to date a hot lady in California. :lol:

Thanks for referring back to his story in Meta.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 11:20 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Rob's sexy shower time... :wub: 10 out of 10 :yes:

 

I am so happy for Rob! :D I mean, he's now expanding his horizons to include universities farther away from home. I understand why he only considered East coast schools before, wanting to be nearby for Eric. But since his little brother has Nelson now, it's no longer that necessary. And it speaks of how highly Rob thinks of Nel :) He trusts him with his brother. And of course, going to a school in Cali would also allow Eric to come out of Rob's shadow and grow into his own.

 

One of my favorite moments in this chapter, was when Rob pondered on rattling Trevor again :lol: Those two will definitely become fast friends :yes: and I am really looking forward to seeing more of their interactions.

 

Thank you Tim for another amazing chapter :hug:

Thanks, Drew I'm glad you approved. :D

It really is a win-win situation for the Perry brothers, and yes Rob knows Nelson will take care of Eric. Of course, Rob will still be the meddlesome older brother until he leaves and during holidays. :lol:

I shall try to come up with some Trevor-Rob situations just for you. :hug: You deserve it for always giving me such nice reviews.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 11:58 AM, AC Benus said:

A soap-chested Rob…just the thing to drive us all to distraction. Whatever the boys did, it worked to bring Tobias back into the light a bit, and that was awesome to see.

 

Good job! But, what of the coach thing…? Maybe that's coming up later.

Blond boys in the shower with soap, sigh.... :P

The trio of Rob, Jazz and Mitch could get anyone in a good mood. Tobias may have attracted the attention of the wrong guys at first, but now he's offered protection and friendship by the really popular teammates. He'll be OK, but I loved that you cared about Tobias, it's very telling of the great person you are. :hug:

LOL, yeah the coach - to be honest I forgot about him, so I had to add the chapter note at the last minute. :*)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 12:23 PM, Victor Gutte said:

Hey onkel Tim :hug: I am guilty of binge reading all the chapters without leaving reviews :facepalm: I loved the chapter :D I did plan to read meta but seeing that there are about 6 books already would take quite a time to catch on :) I can see why Rob wanted to go study in California :lol: as much as you love your family, being independent is really important :) sorry for leaving a short review but seeing as how my hand already hurts from over working it today :facepalm: I need to rest it for now :) I'll be reviewing the chapters I missed later though I still need to catch up on other stories as well :*) so, it'll be a while

Hey Victor, not to worry :hug: I'm happy to know you're reading and very impressed you managed to get through all 46 chapters in one go. And :D that you like the story. I suggest you leave reviews on those chapters where you really feel the urge to comment, rather than feel obliged to do all of them. :kiss:

You can go read he Rob parts in Meta without reading the whole thing, though of course there will be a few spoilers if you intend to read all the books. Just make sure to only read the parts with Jett, Rob and Bradley. ;)

I can see why you understand Rob's need to get away from his parents, even if they are nice and accepting. We all need to spread our wings and achieve independence and then we can hopefully return to their love.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 09:57 PM, dughlas said:

Yum, a soapy ginger jock. Yeah, I know everyone loves Rob and he is a hottie but ginger Jaz in the shower ...

Thanks dugh, I'm glad someone appreciates the idea of Jazz naked and soapy. :P I know CG will agree with you. :yes: I'm glad you can find the time to keep up with the story and I hope your head behaves. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think Rob enjoyed that WAY too much :P I can understand why Rob wants to move farther away for school. I think it's sweet that he originally wanted to stay close for Eric, but he's right, Eric has Nelson now. Rob needs to be able to spread his wings without his parents hovering, no matter how much he loves them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It's great Rob feels he doesn't have to take care of his younger brother all the time. He should be able to enjoy college and just be young (and perhaps adventurous... ;) ) without having Eric on his mind all the time. Beside, Eric can take care of himself. Or at least needs to learn how to do so. Rob is only going to college, not disappearing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 02:22 AM, LitLover said:

I think Rob enjoyed that WAY too much :P I can understand why Rob wants to move farther away for school. I think it's sweet that he originally wanted to stay close for Eric, but he's right, Eric has Nelson now. Rob needs to be able to spread his wings without his parents hovering, no matter how much he loves them.

LOL, of course Rob enjoyed putting his mighty fine body on exhibit, but he'd probably like it even better if there were people present who really appreciated it. ;)

The whole deal with Rob being free - or at least less tied to home - now that Eric has Nelson, suddenly struck me as I wrote this chapter. I'm pleased to see it makes sense to everyone else too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/21/2016 07:15 AM, Puppilull said:

It's great Rob feels he doesn't have to take care of his younger brother all the time. He should be able to enjoy college and just be young (and perhaps adventurous... ;) ) without having Eric on his mind all the time. Beside, Eric can take care of himself. Or at least needs to learn how to do so. Rob is only going to college, not disappearing.

You're right, Puppi, Rob isn't going to disappear from Eric's life. He'll be back to ask those annoying question, tease and put his foot in his mouth - in other words be his normal charming self. :lol:

Eric will mature and flourish in his own way with Nelson by his side. It will give him the confidence needed.

Rob in college - I'm glad JAR is writing a version of that story, in case I never get round to it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was a 'revealing' shower. :) . The way you present him here, I'm not sure Rob knows what he wants, nor does he need to. Yeah, he's straight, but so was I lol. I think he's been Eric's protector for so long, he's almost reeling at the possibilities, now that Nelson is taking over that role. I do think, even though they were joking, that he has Jasper wondering at the subtle nuances of their conversation. Well done, my friend... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/24/2016 03:38 PM, Headstall said:

That was a 'revealing' shower. :) . The way you present him here, I'm not sure Rob knows what he wants, nor does he need to. Yeah, he's straight, but so was I lol. I think he's been Eric's protector for so long, he's almost reeling at the possibilities, now that Nelson is taking over that role. I do think, even though they were joking, that he has Jasper wondering at the subtle nuances of their conversation. Well done, my friend... cheers... Gary....

LOL, you're right, Rob is almost giddy at the possibility of freedom to do what he wants. Of course, he'll be confronted with reality soon enough, but he can dream, right?

Of course Jasper is wondering, aren't we all? :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Maybe Rob should suggest that Tobias join GSA too. He could introduce him to Trevor to see if any sparks fly… Trebias? ;-)

 

I suppose most of those guys running around in shorts and tank tops when I’m freezing in a jacket are probably Rob-types from out east reveling in the comparatively warm temperatures here in coastal California.

 

But there’s some testosterone-fueled macho posturing involved when you have situations like the competition (back in the early 2000s) between a DHL driver and a UPS driver over who would switch from short pants first as it got colder and wetter at the end of the year. They were both nice guys, but never entered any of my fantasies.

Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 01:35 PM, droughtquake said:

Maybe Rob should suggest that Tobias join GSA too. He could introduce him to Trevor to see if any sparks fly… Trebias? ;-)

 

I suppose most of those guys running around in shorts and tank tops when I’m freezing in a jacket are probably Rob-types from out east reveling in the comparatively warm temperatures here in coastal California.

 

But there’s some testosterone-fueled macho posturing involved when you have situations like the competition (back in the early 2000s) between a DHL driver and a UPS driver over who would switch from short pants first as it got colder and wetter at the end of the year. They were both nice guys, but never entered any of my fantasies.

I've been to California, and it was very hot compared to here. But I guess if you're used to it, 25 degrees C may seem almost cold. :lol:

Tobias could join the GSA, but he's not gay. Just shy and an easy target for bullying. Mitch will take care of him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/14/2017 at 11:11 PM, Timothy M. said:

But I guess if you're used to it, 25 degrees C may seem almost cold. :lol:

25°C/77°F is not cold to me, but under 16°C/60°F is! That’s when I start wearing a jacket. And when some guys, often with ample ‘self-insulation,’ are still running around in shorts.

Link to comment

‘Tobias watches his toenails grow’ another exciting Prompt Story chapter by the incomparable @Timothy M.!

 

From @Headstall's toe-curling review: ‘Each and every word compels you to read the next group of letters for meaning and insight. The pacing is exquisite and the mood is simply remarkable. I almost couldn’t wait for the nail-biting conclusion so I could pull off my shoes and socks to examine my own toenails!’

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..