Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,537 Words
  • 3,046 Views
  • 32 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 29. Prompt 412 What time are we supposed to be there?

For once I was on time with a current prompt. :2thumbs:
No Paradise without a snake. :no:  Who will chop its head off?
An Eric POV chapter

“What time are we supposed to be there? At the car, I mean.”

Nelson looked up from the book he was reading. “I’m no sure. I forgot to look at the time when we split up.”

“Yeah, me too,” Eric said, feeling somewhat abashed. They had been in such a hurry to get away, and once they got into the bookstore, time flew as they browsed and discussed favorite books and what to buy.

“Maybe we should pay for our books, so we’re ready to go. Why don’t you send Rob a text and ask if they’re done too?”

“OK.”

They walked to the counter and stood in line. Eric sent a quick text ‘All done and ready to go home. You?’ A couple of minutes later a laconic ‘Yep’ came back from Rob, and the two teens finished their purchases and strolled towards the parking lot. They each had a bag of books in one hand and were holding hands with the other.

Turning the last corner before the exit they came upon Rob and Jasper who were facing a small group of people. They immediately recognized the baseball player, Chris, sporting a still swollen upper lip with a half-closed split at the left side of his mouth. He gave them a baleful glare, but the person talking to Rob was totally a Sunday School Boy with a white shirt, tie, carefully combed short hair, and a holier-than-thou attitude.

“Now, I’ve told her she should seek solace in the Lord who will comfort her and answer her prayers if only she trusts in Him. But my cousin is distraught after losing the man she loves and hoped to marry. As a good Christian girl should – she gave you her most precious 'gift' and you tossed it away. Will you not reconsider?”

Eric wanted to roll his eyes at the idea of Mel loving Rob and expecting to marry him. Rob didn’t dispute the claim, but simply shook his head. “Melanie said hateful things about my brother. She has only herself to blame for the break-up.”

“Jesus will pardon any trespass or sin if the sinner repents and makes amends. Can you not forgive her too?”

“Oh, I’ll probably forgive her, if she apologizes and means it. But I won’t date her again.”

At that moment the Sunday School boy suddenly noticed Eric and Nelson and turned to address the younger Perry brother.

“I assume you’re the reason my cousin is crying her eyes out. But Jesus can help you too if you want Him to. He can cure you and lead you to salvation.” His earnest gaze was almost worse than the disgust from Chris.

“That’s wonderful. Can He do a miracle for me too?” Jasper moved in front of Rob. Eric was surprised but relieved to see Tony and Maria had appeared next to his brother who looked like he was about to explode. Where did they come from?

“I hate my hair. If I repent, can Jesus change it?” Jasper eagerly enquired of the guy who looked barely older than he was.

Eric was surprised when Nelson suddenly turned to him and buried his face in his shoulder. He could feel his boyfriend shaking and automatically wrapped him in a hug. A split second later he realized Nelson was trying to muffle laughter. He obviously knew what was going on, and Eric began to suspect an elaborate joke was in play.

“Your hair?” Incredulity almost made Melanie’s cousin squeak.

“Yes, you know, my red hair. I’ve always been told fiery red hair is a sign of a devilish temper, and I have to say people are right about that.” Jasper fingered his flaming locks, “I have a really bad, short temper.”

“Particularly in the morning,” Nelson mumbled in Eric’s ear, then hid his face again.

Jasper’s opponent looked at him in confusion. “You could just color your hair.”

“But I’d still have red hair, dye is only a cover. I want it to go away, so I don’t have to hide it.”

“But, God gave you red hair. Why try to change it?”

“Why? Because people look down on me and make fun of me for it. You say God can 'fix' the gay away, though that's the way He made them. Surely he can do a simple thing like change my hair color. Right…?”

“No, no, following gay impulses is a choice or a phase, and through prayer God can help you get rid of the confusion you’re in.”

Jasper shook his head sadly, and patted him on the shoulder. “Sorry, dude, you’ve got it all wrong. But at least there’s help for your condition.”

The Sunday School guy blurted out angrily, “What?” and immediately regretted it.

Jasper removed his hand and gave him a contemptuous look. “The condition of being ignorant and indoctrinated; the cures are called science and education. Get help before it’s too late and you have to spend the rest of your life in shameful stupidity.”

Eric almost jumped a mile when Nelson lifted his head and let peals of laughter emerge. Rob shouted “Awesome, dude!” next to his other ear as his brother strode forward to high-five a grinning Jasper. But an even bigger shock came from the applause sounding behind him. When he turned he saw several of Rob’s baseball teammates with their girlfriends, and a few other people Eric recognized from school.

Before he could say or do anything Maria rushed over to embrace him and Nelson. She tried to speak, but Nelson was gasping with hysterical laughter in between breaths, saying, “I can’t… believe that… trick worked… again.” He bent over and wheezed.

“Nelson, are you OK? Nelson!” She gave up and turned to Eric, “Shut him up, before he pees himself or something.”

“Ehm, how?”

She rolled her eyes. “Kiss him, you idiot.”

Afterwards Eric couldn’t believe he’d followed her order, but Maria had years of experience of telling her best friend what to do. He had to admit it worked too. Moments after hauling him upright and covering Nelson’s lips with his and sticking his tongue deep into the sweet-tasting mouth, the older teen was transformed from having a fit of helpless giggles to kissing back with determination. They lost track of time until Rob placed a hand on each of their shoulders and broke the enchantment.

Eric felt his cheeks heat up even more as he tried not to pant from the intense kiss. Rob, Jasper, and Tony were grinning at them, and Maria was giggling next to her boyfriend. Most of the crowd was dispersing, and the religious boy and his group were conspicuous in their absence. Nelson was the first to recover.

“Jazz, you are unbelievable, that’s the second time you’ve pulled the red-hair card on bigots.”

“Well, at least my carrot color is good for something.”

Maria wrinkled her brow. “Do you really hate your hair?”

“Nah, not anymore. I hated the teasing when I was a kid and the sensitive skin is a pain. But now I think my freckles and fire hair are sort of cool.”

“It helps that Carolyn adores freckles and has a weak spot for ginger men with green eyes,” Nelson said to Eric, who laughed at the suddenly bashful expression on Jasper’s face.

“Well, your hair is an attractive color, Jasper, so I can understand Carolyn’s opinion,” Maria stated. “And from what I heard, you’ve managed to turn your own experience of prejudice into an understanding of what your friend might encounter from unjust treatment.”

“Thank you, but I think it’s more a case of enjoying pulling the leg of idiots like that guy. It’s almost too easy.”

“Probably more effective than punching them,” Eric said and gave Rob a teasing smirk. “But what made you turn up at just this moment in time, Maria?”

“We saw you when you left the book store and walked 30 yards behind the whole way here. You were so wrapped up in each other, you never noticed. It was rather cute, you know.”

Tony laughed, “I can see Rob’s point about you two being oblivious and boring company for everyone else.”

“You mean the way you were, when you started to date Maria?” Eric knew he was being a bit unfair, but he rarely got the chance to tease Tony.

“Fuck, that’s true,” Rob said, “but at least you got to see more of him, bro, since you still spent time with Maria. You’re not one to abandon your friends, eh Milady?” The last part was directed at the brunette girl with an elaborate salute, making all of them laugh.

They went out of the Mall and split up for Rob's and Tony’s cars, but not until Eric and Nelson had posed for a couple of pictures taken with Maria’s phone. She promised to let them have a look at them before she posted anything on Facebook.

As they walked to his car, Rob told Jasper he’d texted his parents and they were fine with Nelson’s friend joining them for pizza.

“Cool, dude. What time are we supposed to be there?”

“Oh fuck. Ten minutes from now. Let’s get a move on.”

This is the end of the Mall chapters, I hope you liked them. Thanks to CG and AC for all their help.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



So great to see the guys have friends who stand up for them and protect them. Jasper is a clever guy. A ginger too...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Tim! Jasper is such an awesome guy and a gem to have in a tense situation. I'd kill for a boyfriend with red hair and freckles!

 

When will the zealots ever listen to their own words? If God exists and is infallible, then he made gays as well, and it can't be a mistake, but rather a challenge to those who wish to follow Jesus' teachings fully. Alas, so few people really understand that, and focus on the antique concepts of the Old Testament which were designed to promote the expansion of God's people by breeding...The New Testament was exactly that--a fulfillment of the Law and a replacement of the Covenant to bring Man closer to God.

 

We mustn't forget that Palestine was not a backwater at that time--it was the center of trade between the East and Rome. More than incense flowed through that land--ideas and philosophies also had their travels.

 

Maybe there should be a Team Jasper? :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm with CG - I'm all for a Team Jasper :thumbup: He is another young man who is an example of the type of "straight man" we need more of in this world. My favourite line was "The condition of being ignorant and indoctrinated; the cures are called science and education". I read the chapter to my son and he said he was going to remember that line for the next time he comes across any "haters" (his words) :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was fun! Great little scene with Jasper's turn to shine. The build-up and payoff were perfect... a fitting end to their trip to the mall. Loved the dialogue and all the people clapping... just perfect... yes to Team Jasper! Cheers... Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 07:06 AM, Puppilull said:
So great to see the guys have friends who stand up for them and protect them. Jasper is a clever guy. A ginger too...
Yes, at this rate we'll never get to see Nelson exercise his skills to protect Eric, lol. But I think Jasper was also doing Rob a favor, verbal punching can be as good as physical.

Jasper is indeed clever, and also fairly popular with his teammates, who appreciate his humor and tolerate the morning grumpiness. :lol:

Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 07:18 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
Great chapter, Tim! Jasper is such an awesome guy and a gem to have in a tense situation. I'd kill for a boyfriend with red hair and freckles!

 

When will the zealots ever listen to their own words? If God exists and is infallible, then he made gays as well, and it can't be a mistake, but rather a challenge to those who wish to follow Jesus' teachings fully. Alas, so few people really understand that, and focus on the antique concepts of the Old Testament which were designed to promote the expansion of God's people by breeding...The New Testament was exactly that--a fulfillment of the Law and a replacement of the Covenant to bring Man closer to God.

 

We mustn't forget that Palestine was not a backwater at that time--it was the center of trade between the East and Rome. More than incense flowed through that land--ideas and philosophies also had their travels.

 

Maybe there should be a Team Jasper? :)

Thanks CG, I'm delighted you approve, and I wholeheartedly concur in your evaluation of the zealot idiocy. It's not as if we need more humans on earth today.

We did have a proposal for a Team Jasper earlier on, so maybe it's time for Adi to make new T-shirts. :D

I generally prefer blonds, but freckles are cute, and I'm partial to ginger men with green eyes. Shame this one is straight, eh?

Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 07:59 AM, EagleIsaac said:
I'm with CG - I'm all for a Team Jasper :thumbup: He is another young man who is an example of the type of "straight man" we need more of in this world. My favourite line was "The condition of being ignorant and indoctrinated; the cures are called science and education". I read the chapter to my son and he said he was going to remember that line for the next time he comes across any "haters" (his words) :lol:
Aawww Isaac, what a wonderful compliment, please hug your son for me, and thanks for finding the chapter good enough to read to him. :worship:

Yes, Jasper's punchline is my favorite too. I'm a great believer in science and education, and it saddens me every time I come across deniers of facts and Scientific evidence. The most recent one in DK is another round of anti-vaccine idiocy. :rolleyes:

Team Jasper YAY !

Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 08:03 AM, dughlas said:
Love the ginger.
Me too. Glad to have another Team Jasper member, Adi, we really need those T-shirts. :lol:
Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 12:01 PM, Headstall said:
That was fun! Great little scene with Jasper's turn to shine. The build-up and payoff were perfect... a fitting end to their trip to the mall. Loved the dialogue and all the people clapping... just perfect... yes to Team Jasper! Cheers... Gary
It was fun to write too - and a draft of this scene has been sitting in my story notes for a while, waiting for an opportunity to use it.

I agree Jasper needed some time in the limelight. He's beeen a great friend to Nelson for years, standing up for him whenver needed. But in this case I think he was also running interference for his new friend Rob. None of them or us wants Rob grounded again, right?

Lots of Team Jas members :D

Link to comment

Wonderful. A 'How to deal with religious bigots' prompt. I've read scenes that go into chapter and verse of the Bible to try and justify the nature of humankind. So it's nice when you let gentle reasoning and humour make your point. Loved this. Brian

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You seem determined to unearth lots of worms. Lol! The religious bigots was just another and Jasper's teasing request was such a fun way to deal with it. I wonder what worms you might be wanting to unearth in future episodes. I wait expectantly. Lol! I thought I might make a suggestion, but with your strong feel for science and education I got cold feet and I will reserve my suggestions for another time. Lol! It might detract from this delightful story which I want to go on enjoying for as long as possible, so don't be in any hurry to go anywhere. Lol! Bet you never thought you would hear that from me! Lol! Keep up the good work!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was awesome Tim! I love a man with brains and a sarasctic wit...and Jasper has all of that in a cute ginger package. :lol: Sometimes, although punching them might seem like a fun idea, the best way to deal with bigots and religious zealots is with a sense of humour that leaves them gaping like a fish out of water. I :heart: the Team Jasper idea. The guy is such a good friend he definitely deserves some of the limelight :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 05:21 PM, lomax61 said:
Wonderful. A 'How to deal with religious bigots' prompt. I've read scenes that go into chapter and verse of the Bible to try and justify the nature of humankind. So it's nice when you let gentle reasoning and humour make your point. Loved this. Brian
LOL, maybe Jasper should write a booklet with that title. He's stood up for Nelson a few times over the years and had a lot of fun doing so. I spent a lot of time and effort on this scene (as did my beta), and I'm so pleased you liked the result.
Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 08:03 PM, Jaro_423 said:
You seem determined to unearth lots of worms. Lol! The religious bigots was just another and Jasper's teasing request was such a fun way to deal with it. I wonder what worms you might be wanting to unearth in future episodes. I wait expectantly. Lol! I thought I might make a suggestion, but with your strong feel for science and education I got cold feet and I will reserve my suggestions for another time. Lol! It might detract from this delightful story which I want to go on enjoying for as long as possible, so don't be in any hurry to go anywhere. Lol! Bet you never thought you would hear that from me! Lol! Keep up the good work!
Wow, I think that's the most lols I've had in a review. :lol: And yes, you telling me NOT to be in a hurry to go anywhere, had me :rofl:

I shall dig up as many squiggly things as I possibly can, and please do tell me your suggestions. PM me or use the forum, I love getting ideas from my readers.

I'm delighted you liked this chapter - and now you're all caught up - and with great reviews too. Impressive and wonderful to come home to after a long day at work.

Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 09:06 PM, LitLover said:
That was awesome Tim! I love a man with brains and a sarasctic wit...and Jasper has all of that in a cute ginger package. :lol: Sometimes, although punching them might seem like a fun idea, the best way to deal with bigots and religious zealots is with a sense of humour that leaves them gaping like a fish out of water. I :heart: the Team Jasper idea. The guy is such a good friend he definitely deserves some of the limelight :yes:
Yeah, me too LL, brainy guys in a nice package is the best. And while I'm not averse to a well-deserved punch, I think the mental or spiritual slap has a longer lasting effect. Glad you agree.

Team Jas is getting as many members as Team Rob; please procced to the forum for your T-shirt (I hope :unsure: ), when Adi has caught up.

Link to comment
On 05/08/2015 02:18 AM, Robert Rex said:
Too funny! Great chapter--you did well!
Thanks, glad I could make you laugh, then I know I've done well.
Link to comment

Tim,

As communicated separately I am starting to lose confidence in my 'preferences' as I continue to be most attracted to/by your 'straight' male characters. Maybe deep inside me is a straight girl wanting to come out. ;-)

As said days ago I fully endorse the GingerUnitedNetwork, I'll get the T-shirt when available.

While I continue to be surprised how mature, intelligent and wise New Jersey teenagers are, I have to say I enjoyed myself royally.

JAR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/08/2015 03:28 AM, JohnAR said:
Tim,

As communicated separately I am starting to lose confidence in my 'preferences' as I continue to be most attracted to/by your 'straight' male characters. Maybe deep inside me is a straight girl wanting to come out. ;-)

As said days ago I fully endorse the GingerUnitedNetwork, I'll get the T-shirt when available.

While I continue to be surprised how mature, intelligent and wise New Jersey teenagers are, I have to say I enjoyed myself royally.

JAR

Well considering all the heartache your put me through in Meta, I'm getting a :evil: satisfaction out of dangling these desirable straight men in front of you. Revenge !

And with all the silly teens we encounter in stories on GA, I think my sensible ones barely make up for it. But I admit having four of them in one story may be stretching the credibility too far. :rofl:

Team Ginger Rules :D

Link to comment

Yep, I'll definitely design the t-shirt. Even if Sunday school boy seemed to be a caricature, he sadly is not but quite real. :angry:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/10/2015 03:47 AM, aditus said:
Yep, I'll definitely design the t-shirt. Even if Sunday school boy seemed to be a caricature, he sadly is not but quite real. :angry:
Thanks :D - our Ginger Team will be thrilled.

I wish the SSB was entirely made up - and to be honest I've never met someone like him, but everyone seems to think him believable. Which is sort of depressing when I think about it. :no:

Link to comment

Laughter and kisses in the face of ignorance and indoctrination..? Brilliant! :thumbup:

 

On the one hand Eric and Nelson need to be ready to stand up for themselves, but on the other, they won't get the chance if they keep hanging with Team Straight Guy Squad! (BTW, That's the name of my new copy-right protected screenplay for an action film of the type that Rob likes – think Cappy America battles the evil forces of Pat Robertson! :pissed: hehe )

 

Very cute chapter, now where's the next..? 0:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/13/2015 06:04 AM, AC Benus said:
Laughter and kisses in the face of ignorance and indoctrination..? Brilliant! :thumbup:

 

On the one hand Eric and Nelson need to be ready to stand up for themselves, but on the other, they won't get the chance if they keep hanging with Team Straight Guy Squad! (BTW, That's the name of my new copy-right protected screenplay for an action film of the type that Rob likes – think Cappy America battles the evil forces of Pat Robertson! :pissed: hehe )

 

Very cute chapter, now where's the next..? 0:)

LOL, you're right Eric and Nelson will never get a chance to rescue each other with Rob and Jas teaming up around them. But I think they have even better reasons to want some time on their own. :P

Laughing and kissing is a lot more fun than trying to convince stupid bigot.

Link to comment

Love how they settled everything with words and not fists.

 

It would have been so easy to just thump the bigoted idiot. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..