Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 2,106 Words
  • 2,715 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 30. Prompt 417 But why would you want me to meet you there?

Rob has plans and so does Eric. ;) 
A Nelson POV chapter.

“But why would you want me to meet you there?” I asked Rob. “Not that I don’t want to see you as early as possible,” I smiled at Eric next to me, “but getting Jazz up at six-thirty Monday morning is Mission Impossible.”

“Hey, I can get up early for a good cause,” Jasper objected from the front passenger seat, glancing back at me with a smirk. “But meeting you in the coffee shop half an hour early, so Eric and Nelson get a few kisses in before class, hardly seems to be worth losing sleep over. Particularly since they can spend most of the evening playing tonsil tiddlywinks if they want.”

Rob laughed. “If you remember to lock the door, bro, you and Nelson can play even better games.”

I ignored them and pulled Eric closer to whisper in his ear. “I do want us to find some time alone, but mostly to see what you bought for me.”

“I hope you like it. I know I will enjoy seeing you model it.”

“Stop whispering naughty secrets in the back! Focus on the plan for tomorrow morning.”

“But you haven’t told us the plan, Rob,” my boyfriend complained.

“I checked the website of our GSA last night. On the first Monday of every month they man their office for one hour before school, during lunch and for one hour in the afternoon. I want to join tomorrow together with Eric. Jazz, I assume you’re already a member?”

“Yes, but I have to admit I rarely go to any of their meetings or social events.”

I chuckled, but didn’t say anything. I knew Jasper had been a little bit uncomfortable with the interest some of the GSA members had shown him while he was still single. It wasn’t that he minded being flirted with, but he felt bad about disappointing them when he had to admit he was straight. After he started dating Carolyn, he’d been too busy, although they had both gone with me to the GSA Christmas party.

“But why do we have to be there in the morning? I want to join too, but we can do it at lunch, can’t we?”

“I have other things I need to do during lunch. And I want to make it totally clear right from the start that I’m proud of you and I’m gonna do everything I can to support you. I don’t know Trevor very well, since we mostly take different classes, but from what I’ve heard he’s done a good job as GSA President. Do you know who’s in line to take over the position, when he graduates, Nelson?”

I shook my head and told him no. Trevor had asked me to consider running for GSA president, and my little speech at Assembly on the first day of the year had been my attempt to see whether I felt comfortable with the role. After all, one of the reasons I’d joined the drama club was to get rid of my reserve and dislike of speaking to and in front of people. Unfortunately it hadn’t worked as well as hoped, and the five minutes I’d spent on the podium presenting the aims of the GSA and inviting new students to join had been some of the most scary and unpleasant in my life. Afterwards I’d told Trevor he would have to find somebody else to groom as the next leader of West Hill High GSA. He had been disappointed, but understanding.

It was sort of the same reaction he’d shown when I declined dating him after the junior prom, come to think of it.

“…meet us at the coffee shop and go to the GSA office? You and I could go there on our own,” Eric pointed out while I was distracted.

“Don’t you understand? I want you and Nelson to be known as a couple from now on. I want Nelson to introduce you to the GSA people as his boyfriend. I want you to stroll casually through the hall, holding hands, with me and perhaps Jasper 30 yards behind you to so we can see if anyone has a negative reaction.”

“I don’t need you to babysit –” “Why are you determined to –” Eric and I exclaimed at the same time, equally annoyed. We broke off, and he gestured for me to go on.

“Rob, you might enjoy getting attention and showing off, but Eric and I are not like that. And we certainly don’t need you or Jazz to protect us. I know you mean well, and I’m pleased you want to join the GSA and be openly supportive, but –”

Rob interrupted me, “Say no more, I get your point. OK, how about we meet at the GSA office when they open and go to the coffee shop afterwards? Jazz, why don’t you give Carolyn a call? Ask her if she wants to join us at the coffee shop, my treat.”

“OK, I give in,” Jasper said. “I don’t wanna miss this.” Rob’s attempt to sweeten the deal was clever, and Jazz immediately dug out his phone to send Carolyn a text. But the words of the Super Straight Duo in the front seats made me suspect a plot twist up ahead. My boyfriend obviously had the same impression or maybe he simply knew his brother too well.

“Why insist on going to the coffee shop at all?” Eric leaned forward to poke Rob’s arm while we waited at the traffic light. The two conspirators in front exchanged glances.

“The baseball team meets there on Monday mornings after a game weekend. Isn’t that right?” I said, just realizing it.

After taking a left turn as the lights changed, Rob shrugged. “I want to see the reaction of all the members of the baseball team when you two arrive with me and Jazz.”

Jasper backed him up, “We know most of them are fine about you. Not only the seniors who were at the mall today, but also the team members from our year, Nelson. Rob and I want to put peer pressure on the few meat heads who haven’t seen the light.”

Hmm, perhaps it wasn’t a bad idea for the team to tackle the issue while sober and calm, and away from the coaches. Hopefully, this would also prevent the matter of Rob punching two teammates from coming to their attention.

We were approaching the Perry home, and Rob slowed down. “Do we have a deal? You don’t have to stay with us after the first five minutes, if you want to sit on your own and make lovey-dovey eyes at each other.”

“Nelson, you and Eric can figure out where to meet for lunch on your own, and what you’re going to do while Rob and I have baseball practice.” OK, now I was sure Jazz and Rob had planned this out beforehand. But if Jazz was willing to get up early for this, so was I.

“That’s easy. The drama club has a meeting, and if we’re done before you, we’ll simply wait,” I replied.

I smiled at Eric and he squeezed my hand. I knew he was thinking the same thing as me. The special moment in the rehearsal room when we declared our feelings and shared our first kiss was engraved in my heart and mind, never to be forgotten. I certainly wouldn’t mind having a little private time with him after drama club, say in the costume room.

 

Rob was first through the front door after we arrived. “Mom, Dad, we’re back,” he hollered as he shed his jacket and shoes. The rest of us followed his lead and left our shoes by the front door. Eric took my backpack and pointed upstairs, and I nodded.

Jasper and I followed Rob into the kitchen and as expected my parents were there, taking to Eric’s Mom and Dad. I’d seen our car parked out front. They greeted us with variations on “There you are, boys. You made it before the pizzas. and Did you have a nice time?” Sometimes parents are so predictable.

“Nelson, did you manage to get new shirts?” my mom greeted me. I nodded, but this didn’t satisfy her curiosity. “Did you find something nice?” Jeez Mom, thanks!

“More like Rob, Eric and I found them for him,” my traitor friend replied. Just you wait, Jazz, I’ll get my revenge tomorrow morning. At this point Eric entered the kitchen.

My mom sent us all a delighted smile. “Excellent, I’m glad you have friends with good taste, Nelson. Let’s see what you bought.”

Rob grinned, but before he could suggest I included whatever Eric had bought for me, my boyfriend quickly changed the subject.

“When do we eat, Mom?”

“The pizzas should be here soon.”

“Do you want us to lay the table here or in the dining room? Or could we take our pizzas upstairs to my room?”

“I think it would be nice if we all ate together, please lay the table in the dining room.”

“OK.” Eric went over to the sink to wash his hands and I joined him. When I had dried mine, he loaded them with eight plates and grabbed a tray with glasses and cutlery. As we walked out of the kitchen door I heard Rob’s dad ask him, “So, how was the trip to the mall? Any trouble for you or the boys?”

‘Good luck with answering that question truthfully,’ I thought, and from Eric’s snort, I knew he had a similar opinion. Recalling our talk this morning, I wondered if my mom had put the idea in Mr. Perry’s head.

In the dining room Eric put the tray down on a side table and I did the same with the plates. Moments later we were lip-locked with our arms around each other. Fuck, I loved the taste of his lips and the way his body molded to mine.

The sound of the doorbell startled us and we jumped apart.

“Shit, let’s get the table set.” Eric grabbed a stack of placemats and began placing them. I followed suit with plates and cutlery.

“There’re only four knives and forks.”

“Yeah, put them at that end for the rents, paper napkins will do for us.” He put place mats along the center of the table too. “For the pizza boxes,” he explained when I looked at him questioningly.

Oh right. I grabbed a stack of paper napkins from the sideboard, put one on each plate and left the rest at the teen end of the table. Eric set out the glasses and just then Rob entered with a stack of pizza boxes. Jasper followed with bottles of water, coke and apple cider, and the adults walked in behind him each carrying a beer.

“I get to be designated driver tonight,” Jasper told me, and I knew he was proud my dad trusted him to drive us home.

We all sat down and for a time nobody talked as we focus on eating the pizza while it was still hot. I was relieved to see my parents, like their hosts, didn’t use knife and fork for the pizza, although my mom did cut her slices in half lengthwise before picking them up. Rob was stuffing himself, but Jasper slowed down on his third slice, but stared longingly at the boxes.

“Are you ill, Jasper?” my mom asked. “I’ve never seen you stop after only three slices of pizza.”

“No, but I’ve hardly done any exercise all week, and today has been one long fast food festival.”

Rob suddenly stopped eating. “That’s right; we were going to do a work out in our fitness room.”

He slid his eyes sideways to Eric and me, but quickly focused on his parents. “Mom, is it OK, if we take a break from the pizza? We can heat it later.”

“Well, if you all think it’s a good idea?” I felt Eric nudge my leg under the table and I quickly nodded together with Eric and Jasper. We finished the slices on our plates and excused ourselves. I was a bit baffled, but willingly followed Eric upstairs.

On the landing outside Eric’s room, Rob stopped. “Guys, you have one hour. Jazz, come along and I’ll find you something to wear.”

My best friend grinned and gave me a thumbs-up before sauntering after Rob to his room down the corridor. Before I could say or do anything, Eric had hauled me into his room, closed and locked the door.

“Time to try on my gift, Nelson.” Oh, man…

A tiny cliffhanger, perhaps. :P 
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter, Tim...I wonder if the guys will get any major flack from the coffee shop Monday? I hope not, but there were several 'dicks' on the team who are likely too stupid to know better than to cause trouble--they did it on the diamond, after all.

Can you give us some idea of the town's size and location? If it's small, then the existence of a GSA is not likely. Columbus, with a million people, has only a few schools with chapters. My home town of now about 5,000 still doesn't have one though I graduated nearly forty years ago.

More please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think is is great that Rob and Jasper want to join the GSA as a show of support for Eric and Nelson, but at the same time I think that Nelson and Eric are getting a little overwhelmed with the "out, proud and in your face" vibe that Rob seems to want them to project. I get being proud of yourself and not hiding, but both Eric and Nelson seem far more introverted than either Rob or Jasper so I can see any attention - good or bad - making them uncomfortable after a while. I think they MAY have made Rob realize that, but we will see once they get to the coffee shop and school. And Rob is absolutely right - remember to lock the door Eric! :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, I had think about this. But I think I found out Rob is even more cunning than I expected. He is pushing the couple so overtly and proudly in order to come across as so confident in his straightness nobody would question his preferences. And at the same time it allows him 1on1 time with Mr. Redhead - of course 'only' to give the couple some opportunity for tonsil work. But who knows what Jasper and Rob are r e a l l y up to in the gym?

(Going back to my little dirty corner ... 0:) ). JAR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/27/2015 07:52 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
Great chapter, Tim...I wonder if the guys will get any major flack from the coffee shop Monday? I hope not, but there were several 'dicks' on the team who are likely too stupid to know better than to cause trouble--they did it on the diamond, after all.

Can you give us some idea of the town's size and location? If it's small, then the existence of a GSA is not likely. Columbus, with a million people, has only a few schools with chapters. My home town of now about 5,000 still doesn't have one though I graduated nearly forty years ago.

More please!

I have no idea what will happen Monday morning, but I'm hoping for nothing dramatic. AC will help me avoid unreal scenarios.

I've looked at several possible NJ cities, but haven't made up my mind. Suggestions are welcome, but otherwise I'll stay with a fictional town of appropriate size. :)

I'm writing as fast as I can, but have to stop to wipe up drool now and then. :P

Link to comment
On 05/28/2015 12:16 AM, EagleIsaac said:
I think is is great that Rob and Jasper want to join the GSA as a show of support for Eric and Nelson, but at the same time I think that Nelson and Eric are getting a little overwhelmed with the "out, proud and in your face" vibe that Rob seems to want them to project. I get being proud of yourself and not hiding, but both Eric and Nelson seem far more introverted than either Rob or Jasper so I can see any attention - good or bad - making them uncomfortable after a while. I think they MAY have made Rob realize that, but we will see once they get to the coffee shop and school. And Rob is absolutely right - remember to lock the door Eric! :P
Yes, they MAY have convinced Rob, but if not a few more forceful arguments may occur. :lol:

Eric and Nelson have no need to show off their new relationship, but would rather explore in private. Behind a locked door. As per the end of the chapter. Stay tuned for more...

Link to comment

Another great job, Tim. At first I thought Rob was being way too pushy, but when it became apparent what he was trying to do, I understood. This foursome is a lot of fun, and I enjoyed Nelson's POV on this one. So far, each chapter has had it's own special charm, and this one continues the trend. I loved the quick and passionate kiss in the dining room while everyone else was in the kitchen... so typical of young love to make the most of any opportunity. Cheers... Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/28/2015 03:54 AM, JohnAR said:
Well, I had think about this. But I think I found out Rob is even more cunning than I expected. He is pushing the couple so overtly and proudly in order to come across as so confident in his straightness nobody would question his preferences. And at the same time it allows him 1on1 time with Mr. Redhead - of course 'only' to give the couple some opportunity for tonsil work. But who knows what Jasper and Rob are r e a l l y up to in the gym?

(Going back to my little dirty corner ... 0:) ). JAR

LOL, well I'm sure you're not the only one to dream about Rob and Jas. I have no objection, but the official line is still 'the Super Straight Duo' as opposed to the 'Cute Gay Couple'. Stereotyping is fun. :rofl:

And I know all about the scary things going on in your corner :o

Link to comment
On 05/28/2015 04:05 AM, Headstall said:
Another great job, Tim. At first I thought Rob was being way too pushy, but when it became apparent what he was trying to do, I understood. This foursome is a lot of fun, and I enjoyed Nelson's POV on this one. So far, each chapter has had it's own special charm, and this one continues the trend. I loved the quick and passionate kiss in the dining room while everyone else was in the kitchen... so typical of young love to make the most of any opportunity. Cheers... Gary
Thanks Gary, I'm glad you decided Rob wasn't too pushy - even after AC and I had toned it down I felt Rob was still close to the limit. But he knew when to back off so Nelson and Eric should set clear borders on his behavior.

Young love making most of an opportunity is a theme which will be continued in the next chapter. ;)

Link to comment

Thank you for posting another chapter with your poor head aching. :hug: It was another great chapter :). I do love that Rob (and Jazz) are so supportive of Eric and Nelson and their relationship. I agree with Eagle (and you) that Rob may have to tone it down a little though, if only because Nelson and Eric are pretty private people. That being said, I agree that they should not be shy about holding hands or hugging in the hallways (or at the coffee shop). I also like Rob and Jasper's plan to have Nelson and Eric walk in to the coffee shop when the rest of the team is there. It's a controlled way for Rob to judge some of the reactions of his teammates (although some MAY be smart enough to keep their mouths shut with Rob and Jazz nearby).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/28/2015 04:24 AM, LitLover said:
Thank you for posting another chapter with your poor head aching. :hug: It was another great chapter :). I do love that Rob (and Jazz) are so supportive of Eric and Nelson and their relationship. I agree with Eagle (and you) that Rob may have to tone it down a little though, if only because Nelson and Eric are pretty private people. That being said, I agree that they should not be shy about holding hands or hugging in the hallways (or at the coffee shop). I also like Rob and Jasper's plan to have Nelson and Eric walk in to the coffee shop when the rest of the team is there. It's a controlled way for Rob to judge some of the reactions of his teammates (although some MAY be smart enough to keep their mouths shut with Rob and Jazz nearby).
I may have to go back through all the chapters and change Jas to Jazz. :) I like the vibe I get from your version.

I'm not sure whether Jazz is encouraging Rob or not, but Nelson will probably tell them both to stop pushing, if they don't tone it down soon.

But Rob giving them an hour of privacy may atone for many past and future blunders. :lol:

Link to comment

Yes, it seems Rob is pulling Jazz B) into intrigue. I'm glad our couple figured it out, because after about 5 minutes of Rob trailing him, I think Eric would have had a major, name-calling tantrum right there in the corridors of their high school.

 

I also loved the engagement of the 'lips locks,' but that pesky doorbell! You seem intent of building your readers' frustration just like it's building within your boys. I hope the promised alone time coming up can reconnect them to each other, and us to their love once more. Translation = make the scene sizzle! :heart: :heart: :heart:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/27/2015 at 9:41 PM, AC Benus said:

Yes, it seems Rob is pulling Jazz B) into intrigue. I'm glad our couple figured it out, because after about 5 minutes of Rob trailing him, I think Eric would have had a major, name-calling tantrum right there in the corridors of their high school.

 

I also loved the engagement of the 'lips locks,' but that pesky doorbell! You seem intent of building your readers' frustration just like it's building within your boys. I hope the promised alone time coming up can reconnect them to each other, and us to their love once more. Translation = make the scene sizzle! :heart::heart:  :heart:

LOL, I hadn't thought about that, but I think you're spot on about the tantrum. There's only so much protective big brother Eric can take before he boils over.

But Rob sort of redeemed himself by engineering some private time for Eric and Nelson. I shall do my very best to make it an sizzling hour behind the locked door - and you'll get your chance to help. ;)

Edited by Timothy M.
Link to comment

It's nice that Rob wanrs to be so supportive, but he does drive his brother up the wall... Persistent? Who, me? He should let Nelson and Eric take it at their pace. Now, it sounded almost like he wanted to parade them around school to provoke a reaction (which he then could handle like a good big brother...). Sure, being able to be open about their feelings is great, but it should be Eric's and Nelson's choice.

 

I'm looking forward to that fashion show... Just wonder how long the clothes actually stay on...?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/28/2015 06:32 AM, Puppilull said:
It's nice that Rob wanrs to be so supportive, but he does drive his brother up the wall... Persistent? Who, me? He should let Nelson and Eric take it at their pace. Now, it sounded almost like he wanted to parade them around school to provoke a reaction (which he then could handle like a good big brother...). Sure, being able to be open about their feelings is great, but it should be Eric's and Nelson's choice.

 

I'm looking forward to that fashion show... Just wonder how long the clothes actually stay on...?

I'm glad all my readers are on to Rob and his antics, and that you support the right of Nelson and Eric to be private about their relationship. It was exactly my intention with this chapter, and you summarized it very neatly.

As to the fashion show :X

Link to comment

testing out the reactions of the team outside of school is a good idea. there are no teachers around to scold them about swearing, bloody noses, split lips... ;)
Nearly caught up again :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 08:17 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

testing out the reactions of the team outside of school is a good idea. there are no teachers around to scold them about swearing, bloody noses, split lips... ;)

Nearly caught up again :2thumbs:

Why Caz, are you saying you approve of Rob's plan ? :o

Well, it may work out, we shall have to see when I get that far. I got distracted in the next few chapters. :P

Link to comment

You know I love Rob, but he is a bit much. He means well, still... And that wasn't a tiny cliffhanger.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/04/2015 08:26 PM, aditus said:

You know I love Rob, but he is a bit much. He means well, still... And that wasn't a tiny cliffhanger.

LOL, yes, Rob is a bit much at times, so Eric being annoyed with him now and then is quite fair. And you're not allowed to complain about the cliff hanger, when you can go straight on to the next chapters. ;)

Link to comment

I decided to take a Jasper & Rob break after finishing Thaw (after finishing Unforgivable). No contract killers or cheating exes lurking here – at least so far!

Link to comment
On 01/21/2017 06:51 PM, droughtquake said:

I decided to take a Jasper & Rob break after finishing Thaw (after finishing Unforgivable). No contract killers or cheating exes lurking here – at least so far!

LOL, you're right. Only a few bigoted high school teens, who Rob can easily deal with. This is supposed to be a story filled with fun and good feelings, and the only time I tried to deviate, AC was quick to slap me down. Quite rightly (and kindly) too. :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment


Before I could say or do anything, Eric had hauled me into his room, closed and locked the door.
“Time to try on my gift, Nelson.” Oh, man…

- *snickers* teenagers

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/17/2017 at 7:52 PM, Thirdly said:


- *snickers* teenagers

 

I know. :gikkle:  So glad you're still enjoying the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..