Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,693 Words
  • 2,287 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 47. Prompt 492 Now what do we do?

Tuesday morning with some flashbacks to Monday night.
An Eric POV chapter.

“Now what do we do?” Eric muttered to Rob as his brother parked the car a few spaces away from Jasper’s blue pickup. The unmistakably handsome figure of Trevor next to Nelson, both of them chatting happily with Maria, Tony, Jasper and Carolyn, made his guts clench. It wasn’t actually jealousy or worry, more like a possessive urge to jump out of the car and rush over to ‘claim’ his boyfriend. Showing the world – and Trevor – that Nelson was his and his alone, which was ridiculous because the GSA president knew this already. The dark-haired senior had given no signs of resenting Eric or his relationship with the junior who had been his Prom date a year before.

“What do you mean ‘What do we do’?” Rob gave his brother a surprised look. “You go over there and give your boyfriend a good morning kiss, and I’m gonna talk with my new friend.”

“You mean Jasper?” Eric hadn’t been sure whether to be pleased last night when Rob turned up together with the redhead, who was picking them up after the drama club meeting. He and Nelson were the only people left, since the meeting had finished twenty minutes before. Neither of them cared about the delay as it might give them lots of opportunity to kiss in the rehearsal room. Ms. Neall didn’t bat an eyelid when Nel told her he was waiting for Jasper to finish baseball practice.

“We’ll start looking at props and costumes while we wait for him.”

“That’s fine, Nelson, just remember to lock the door when you leave. I’m glad you have Eric to help you.” Did she wink as she said the last bit? They had discussed it, when the drama teacher was gone, but without reaching a conclusion. Except for the fact that Ms. Neall was fine with them being out as a couple, which was really all that mattered.

Eric had spent the next ten minutes making sure Nelson was primed for what he wanted to happen that night. With stunning success, he couldn’t help the little grin on his face when recalling the awesome moments in Nel’s bedroom later on. Anyway, a text had interrupted them, saying Jasper was on his way, and they barely had time to fix Nelson’s mussed-up hair, before the red-haired junior arrived with Rob in tow.

His brother had grinned knowingly at them, but had kept his teasing to a single remark. “I was going to apologize for making Jazz late, but I have the feeling you don’t mind.”

“What happened to make you late?” Eric was immediately worried.

“Nothing important. Coach wanted a few words before I hit the shower, and then Mitch, Jazz and I got talking about college. Now, how was the drama?”

Eric knew there was more to the story than Rob was saying, and he could see Nelson eyeing Jazz speculatively. They would worm it out of them eventually, but right now Eric didn’t want to waste time talking.

Apparently, neither did Nelson. He made sure the door to the rehearsal room was locked and gestured towards the exit.

“It was fine, no one cared about us being a couple, or more correctly: They didn’t make a big deal out of it. I suspect some of the girls were sad about Eric no longer being available, but they hid it well.”

Eric slipped his hand into Nelson’s and they strolled towards the parking lot with Rob and Jasper trailing. Like in the park – was it only yesterday? – the two jocks were discussing baseball mixed with comments about Nelson and Eric looking good together. At least, he tried to tell himself the half-heard banter about second and third bases was about baseball….

In spite of the potential for increased teasing, he was actually pleased his brother now seemed even closer buddies with Nelson’s best friend. It would have been awkward if they didn’t like each other. But he was surprised Rob thought of Jazz as a new friend, which was why he asked, “You mean Jasper?”

“No, Trevor, of course.” With that surprising remark, Rob left the car and Eric had no choice but to follow. To be honest, he was eager to get that kiss from Nelson. Sometimes, Rob had great ideas….

***

Ten minutes later he was ready to retract those words and strangle his older brother. He might even think up something nasty to punish his boyfriend.

Well, Nelson could perhaps be forgiven due to the way his face lit up and he took a few steps to meet Eric halfway and give him a short but intense kiss. The blond teen was grateful he had jerked off last night and in the shower this morning, since it prevented an instant woody from having Nelson’s body slammed up close and personal. Fuck, that guy could make Eric lose control in no time.

Nor did Eric care that both Maria and Carolyn went all ‘Oohh, new love’ over them and all the guys grinned knowingly. After kissing Nelson he could cope with all sorts of teasing.

Rob saying “You would think they didn’t get to spend last night together,” didn’t even rate a punch. Since he and Nelson hadn’t arrived together, everyone knew the ‘spend’ was evening and not all night; unfortunately.

The real reason he was pissed at Rob, and sort of everyone else too, began when he and Nelson walked over to the rest of the group. Trevor immediately greeted him with a pleased smile and a hand held out to shake.

“Eric, I was looking for you, and Nelson said you would arrive about now.”

“Why were you looking for me?”

“Rob told me you might consider running for GSA president next year, and Nelson says you’ll be perfect for the job. Your friends Maria and Tony seem to agree.”

“We’ll join the GSA to support you, won’t we, Tony?” Maria gushed, and her boyfriend looked resigned. “Well, and because it’s a great cause too.” She smiled at Trevor, who gave a small bow of thanks. You could almost see Maria thinking, ‘Oh my, he’s such a gentleman, and handsome too.’

“I’ll become more active in the organization if you want me to,” Jasper told him and Nelson, and Carolyn smiled and nodded to show her approval.

“You stand a good chance with Nelson and Jasper backing you. The election is the easy part, but running the GSA afterwards, now that takes guts and hard work.”

“Oh, my brother has plenty of courage. He asked Nelson to be his boyfriend, and he’s one scary dude.”

“I’m not scary or you wouldn’t have dared to walk up to me and use the F-word. I still can’t believe you did that.”

“I got terrified when you got up and gave me the killer look,” Rob said and made an ‘avert your eyes’ gesture with crossed fingers.

Meanwhile, Eric was quietly fuming at the way everybody was assuming he actually wanted to run for office. When Trevor suggested Eric could meet up with him during the week in order to discuss the matter, he had to make an effort not to snap. After all, the polite senior had been misled by Rob and he did phrase his opening remark as ‘might consider running.’

“I’ll talk it over with Nelson and we’ll find you, when I’ve made a decision.”

“Great! It would be such a relief to know I can leave the GSA in good hands. More members who are straight would be cool, and it’s nice that you have ties to different groups of students.”

“I’m not promising anything.”

“That’s OK; it’s a big decision to make. At least, you’re doing well academically, so none of your teachers will object to you getting involved in a student organization and devoting part of your time to helping your peers.”

“How much time do you spend on the job?” Eric hadn’t even considered this aspect, being focused on not wanting the attention attached to the position. Being out and Nelson’s boyfriend was more than enough.

“At least five hours a week, and sometimes ten, depending on the level of activity. An important part of the job is answering emails from non-member students questioning their orientation and whether to come out, which is why the GSA president has to be someone trustworthy and discrete. But he or she also has to be out, since by tradition the post is always held by a non-straight member. Although, I suppose tradition is a strong word for a high school club less than ten years old.”

It was clear Trevor was passionate about the GSA and finding a good replacement. It was hard not to admire his devotion and determination to help fellow students. Maybe Eric should reconsider about the GSA leadership if no one else wanted it? But he still wanted to strangle Rob for putting the idea in everyone’s heads.

Speaking of Rob, his brother moved over next to Trevor and began a sort of flirtatious behavior with the GSA president coyly flirting back. What the fuck was up with that? Clearly, none of them were serious, but Rob kept poking Trevor with banter and the somber dark-haired teen actually laughed and joked back. “Sure, you can go with me to the Prom…Committee meeting tomorrow afternoon, but you can only be an observer.” They had even arranged to hang out after the meeting to ‘discuss the outcome’ and managed to make it sound like a date, even though it wasn’t.

Oh well, at least Eric and Nelson could hold hands in the background and share a few quick kisses while everyone’s attention was on Rob and Trevor. And Eric had to admit it was fun seeing his brother matched in witty comebacks and innuendoes for once. But Jasper got the last word just as the bell rang.

“Dude, will you quite the horsing around and invite him to the Prom already!”

“Are you talking to Rob or me?” Trevor asked.

“Both, of course. Just get it over with, will ya!”

And Eric burst out laughing at Rob’s shocked expression.

I know it’s short, but I wanted to do a current prompt. Hope you liked the Rob / Trevor interaction. ;) 
:thankyou: AC for a fast edit / beta job.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

"Just get it over with, will ya!” made me think Jasper was really saying "Just kiss already!"

 

Now that would be just desserts for Rob's shameless flirting, but I bet he'd quickly be singing the "I kissed a boy and I liked it" song ;)

 

Great chapter, buddy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I love this one, Tim! With Nelson's help, I think Eric would make a good GSA president, and I'm sure his family would give him help too. It would look very good on college application forms.
You know, I hope Rob does ask Trevor to the Prom...it would help the GSA's image, and give a shot in the eye to Mel and her bigoted friends--being dumped for a guy--hilarious even if it isn't really a true date.
More please!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

lol so Rob seems to be enjoying flirting with Trevor. I wonder what is going on in that brain of his? :lol: I can imagine how irritated Eric would be, being practically 'voluntold' for the President position. He's so private that I can understand his trepidation. I think he'd actually enjoy it, but he wants it to be his decision.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

:D Eric for President! :D I know he ain't happy with Rob volunteering him, but hopefully he'll see why everyone thinks it's a fantastic idea: Eric's smart, resourceful, and won't take crap from anyone. :yes:

 

And you can't help but feel Trevor's excitement. I mean, he does care a lot about GSA and its members. He wants the best possible successor. He thought he found that in Nel, but when Nel said he couldn't do it, it was understandably a disappointment. So, Eric to the rescue! :lol: Trevor found the perfect successor, as stated before, Eric's smart and he's also young (will be a sophomore next year) so that will be three years with GSA under Eric's able leadership. It's a dream come true for Trevor.
Of course, that doesn't mean Eric will give Rob a pass :gikkle:

 

Speaking of Rob... He and Trevor were awesome! :D Now Rob has someone to match his witty humor. Although, I think he'll take it as a challenge to make Trevor speechless and rattle him, lol.
I think it's a great idea for Rob to go to the Prom with Trevor. Not only would it send a clear message to the school, but it'll also divert everyone's attention from Eric and Nel to himself and Trevor. Eric would definitely appreciate that since he hates being in the spotlight, and will feel comfortable enough to dance with his date as everyone else (especially the bigots) ask themselves, "why is Rob's date a guy?!" Hehe...

 


Thank you Tim for another amazing chapter! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/19/2016 07:21 AM, AC Benus said:

"Just get it over with, will ya!” made me think Jasper was really saying "Just kiss already!"

 

Now that would be just desserts for Rob's shameless flirting, but I bet he'd quickly be singing the "I kissed a boy and I liked it" song ;)

 

Great chapter, buddy.

:blink::lmao:

I hadn't thought about that at all, AC, only the Prom was on my mind. I can sort of see Rob kissing a guy if only to find out whether it does anything for him or not. On the other hand, he may never go there unless he falls in love. Time will tell or not... ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/19/2016 08:42 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I love this one, Tim! With Nelson's help, I think Eric would make a good GSA president, and I'm sure his family would give him help too. It would look very good on college application forms.

You know, I hope Rob does ask Trevor to the Prom...it would help the GSA's image, and give a shot in the eye to Mel and her bigoted friends--being dumped for a guy--hilarious even if it isn't really a true date.

More please!!

Thank you, min ven. I think Eric would be a good GSA president, and like you say his family and friends will back him up. They just need to convince him.

Rob might go with Trevor for a laugh or to bolster the GSA image, but unless Melanie tries to harm him by more gossip, I think he'll prefer to go stag than find a new date. Also I think Trevor would like a real date, but if none are available he may 'settle' for Rob. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/19/2016 11:08 PM, LitLover said:

lol so Rob seems to be enjoying flirting with Trevor. I wonder what is going on in that brain of his? :lol: I can imagine how irritated Eric would be, being practically 'voluntold' for the President position. He's so private that I can understand his trepidation. I think he'd actually enjoy it, but he wants it to be his decision.

To tell you the truth I often wonder what is going on in Rob's brain. :unsure::lol: But he does enjoy the flirting fun with Trevor.

Eric wanting it to be his decision was an astute observation, LL. He hates Rob pushing him, but Nelson may have more success. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/20/2016 01:19 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

:D Eric for President! :D I know he ain't happy with Rob volunteering him, but hopefully he'll see why everyone thinks it's a fantastic idea: Eric's smart, resourceful, and won't take crap from anyone. :yes:

 

And you can't help but feel Trevor's excitement. I mean, he does care a lot about GSA and its members. He wants the best possible successor. He thought he found that in Nel, but when Nel said he couldn't do it, it was understandably a disappointment. So, Eric to the rescue! :lol: Trevor found the perfect successor, as stated before, Eric's smart and he's also young (will be a sophomore next year) so that will be three years with GSA under Eric's able leadership. It's a dream come true for Trevor.

Of course, that doesn't mean Eric will give Rob a pass :gikkle:

 

Speaking of Rob... He and Trevor were awesome! :D Now Rob has someone to match his witty humor. Although, I think he'll take it as a challenge to make Trevor speechless and rattle him, lol.

I think it's a great idea for Rob to go to the Prom with Trevor. Not only would it send a clear message to the school, but it'll also divert everyone's attention from Eric and Nel to himself and Trevor. Eric would definitely appreciate that since he hates being in the spotlight, and will feel comfortable enough to dance with his date as everyone else (especially the bigots) ask themselves, "why is Rob's date a guy?!" Hehe...

 

 

Thank you Tim for another amazing chapter! :hug:

You're welcome and thank you for a long, wonderful review.

I love your enthusiasm, Drew. :hug:

But yes, you're right about Trevor being pleased about the thought of Eric becoming his successor and I think he sold the idea quite well. With Nelson behind the idea, I think Eric will soon cave. But Rob won't be forgiven in a hurry, no. ;)

Yeah, Rob likes the idea of rattling the calm and cool Trevor. Whether he'll go as far as inviting him to the Prom for real, I'm not sure. But perhaps Trevor will ask him first. :lmao:

You could be rigth about this diverting the attention from Nelson and Eric, but remember, they are not going to the same Prom. Nelson is only a Junior, but Trevor and Rob are Seniors.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Finally another chapter with Nelson in it :D I already like Trevor, stark contrast from Nelson :yes: Maybe he and Rob should end up going to the same university. that would be great :yes: Jasper did great :D Rob being shocked is something rare :lol: True, Eric running for GSA president would be a great thing. It would also do a good job of keeping him busy if Nelson ends up studying in a university far from home :yes: Right now, their relation lacks any kind of drama, having a long distance relation will strengthen their bond :yes: but at the pace your story is moving, I'm pretty sure that'll happen by chapter 300 or so :P
Great Chapter as always Onkel Tim : hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/20/2016 01:25 PM, Victor Gutte said:

Finally another chapter with Nelson in it :D I already like Trevor, stark contrast from Nelson :yes: Maybe he and Rob should end up going to the same university. that would be great :yes: Jasper did great :D Rob being shocked is something rare :lol: True, Eric running for GSA president would be a great thing. It would also do a good job of keeping him busy if Nelson ends up studying in a university far from home :yes: Right now, their relation lacks any kind of drama, having a long distance relation will strengthen their bond :yes: but at the pace your story is moving, I'm pretty sure that'll happen by chapter 300 or so :P

Great Chapter as always Onkel Tim : hug:

Why Victor, do you really mean to say there should be more drama in Eric and Nelson's relationship? :o Hmm, I'll see what I can do, but I'm going to blame you if things go wrong. ;):lol:

You're easy to satisfy if this short glimpse of Nelson makes you happy. :yes: I promise to write another chapter soon with him and Eric on their own. :P

Yes, Eric for GSA president will keep him busy, but as you say there's a long way to go. :facepalm::rofl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

It was short, as you say, but you kept it interesting. I think you're toying with us as to what Rob might do. Flirting with Trevor was fun, and every straight guy should be able to do that. I have straight friends I flirt with and vice versa. It's harmless, and it's a lot of fun. I also know a few are closet cases lol. Jasper is just such a cool dude, and calling Rob on the flirting was hilarious. It would be funny if Trevor called his bluff, and asked him seriously to the prom. Eric might have been pissed with his brother, but he's thinking about running for GSA... so Rob's tactics worked... like they usually do... great chapter, Tim... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/20/2016 04:18 PM, Headstall said:

It was short, as you say, but you kept it interesting. I think you're toying with us as to what Rob might do. Flirting with Trevor was fun, and every straight guy should be able to do that. I have straight friends I flirt with and vice versa. It's harmless, and it's a lot of fun. I also know a few are closet cases lol. Jasper is just such a cool dude, and calling Rob on the flirting was hilarious. It would be funny if Trevor called his bluff, and asked him seriously to the prom. Eric might have been pissed with his brother, but he's thinking about running for GSA... so Rob's tactics worked... like they usually do... great chapter, Tim... cheers... Gary....

:facepalm: I can't believe I forgot to reply to your review, Gary ! :o I think I read it just before going to bed and I wanted to be fresh and read it again before replying.

Toying with you? Now, would I ever do that? 0:):*):lol:

I'm glad you liked Rob, Trevor and Japser joking around, I had such fun writing it. I think Rob is enjoying the chance to be 'one of the guys' without having to watch what he says. Trevor might do exactly what you say, but I think he would prefer a real date.

Anyway, you're right about Rob's tactics usually working. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Victor mentions chapter 300 (in the year 2030?)…

 

Will Eric & Nelson have managed to get to their Prom yet? Will Rob have gotten his first same-sex kiss yet? Will Rob & Trevor have spent the night after their Prom in a hotel together? ;-)

Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 02:19 PM, droughtquake said:

Victor mentions chapter 300 (in the year 2030?)…

 

Will Eric & Nelson have managed to get to their Prom yet? Will Rob have gotten his first same-sex kiss yet? Will Rob & Trevor have spent the night after their Prom in a hotel together? ;-)

Those are very good questions. I wish I knew the answers. :rofl:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..