Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,313 Words
  • 1,559 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 56. Prompt 563 Oh, God! What should I do?

A Rob POV chapter, with Jasper on the sidelines as requested.

“Oh, God! What should I do?"

“Calm down, Tobias. It’s no big deal,” Mitch said.

“But she’s real pretty and clever and…and there’s no way she’d want to go on a date with me!”

Rob face-palmed himself while Jasper chuckled and Mitch sniggered. The four teens were in the showers after baseball practice, with Mitch and Tobias facing him and the redhead. Rob had been pleased to see Tobias act completely natural and carefree about them all being naked, wet and sudsy. He didn’t even check out Jasper’s admittedly impressive package or stare at Rob when he deliberately showed off his washboard abs and well-shaped biceps.

However, now he knew it was because Tobias was lost in his own thoughts about Veronica, who must have made quite an impression on him last week. Well, Amy was good-looking as well as a nice person, so with any luck her sister was the same. And with Tobias being a junior, the age difference wasn’t a problem. Rob would be more than pleased if Veronica transferred her crush to Tobias, and he was going to do his best to bolster the dark-haired teen’s confidence.

“Dude, why wouldn’t she want to date a hot baseball player like you?”

Tobias went bright-red and mumbled something inaudible, which had Mitch rolling his eyes. Rob quirked an eyebrow at the senior pitcher, who shrugged. But he seemed on-board with the idea of prodding Tobias, which was probably why he’d mentioned Amy and her sister asking about his teammate.

“Ronnie, I mean Veronica, thinks you’re good-looking,” he said casually, and Tobias’ head jerked around to his teammate, who obliged with a slow reveal of his girlfriend Amy’s information about her sister’s good opinion of Tobias.

Rob had finally worked out Tobias lacked confidence, and perhaps his glances at other guys had been feeding a budding inferiority complex, which should never have developed. OK, so maybe the junior wasn’t as hung as Jasper, as muscular as Mitch, or as handsome as Rob himself, but few guys were. However, charming looks were nothing special to be proud of. Rob’s dad had long ago made both his sons aware of his belief in ‘handsome is as handsome does.’

He’d reinforced his views with selected and heavily edited tales of the teens he met via his work as a psychologist. Plenty of them had been affected by what Mr. Perry called ‘the beauty obsession,’ either in themselves or others. Some were teens with eating disorders, mostly girls, but boys too. Others had depression or anxiety added to physical damages after accidents or illness, because they felt – and in many case were – less attractive to eyes judging only on superficial matters.

Relatives and friends of the family had been repeatedly told that remarks on the Perry brothers’ cuteness when younger or handsome looks when older were acceptable, but their parents would prefer to hear praise for polite manners, hard work, or good deeds. Once, Rob’s dad had caught him vigorously defending a ten-year-old playmate, who suffered from a bad squint. Rob hadn’t been aware of the adult audience, which included the other boy’s mother, when he berated two older kids who had made his friend cry with their cruel teasing on the playground.

It still made him cringe a bit when his dad repeated his words with relish to other people, but at the time he’d enjoyed coming up with something cutting to say. “You’re so stupid. When one eye looks in another direction you can spot the bad guys round the corner better and shoot two robbers at once. And my daddy says people who make fun of a nice guy like Ronnie have black hearts, pea brains and micro dicks.” OK, maybe his dad hadn’t said the part about dicks, but Rob had been on a roll.

The other boys were wonderfully insulted, and they had no chance to retaliate, because Ronnie’s mom chose that moment to appear from behind the bushes. She’d been really cool, simply telling her son it was time to go home, but the angry looks she gave the bullies informed them she would remember their faces. Rob had followed them and he was slightly dismayed to find his father waiting out of sight. One look at the way his dad was trying not to laugh calmed him down, and the firm clasp on his shoulder, coupled with a proud look on the way home, dispelled all worries about a parental rebuke.

“What are you grinning about, Rob?” Jasper’s voice pulled him out of his memories.

“Huh? Oh, I was just remembering when my dad bought me my first great baseball bat.” That reward had been appreciated and much used.

“A baseball bat? You’re chubbing up thinking about a baseball bat?” Everyone within hearing distance broke out laughing.

“Huh?” Rob looked down to see he was definitely on his way to be half-erect. “Nah, this bat has a mind of his own, and he’s been feeling neglected for a while. Any excuse to get some attention.”

“Aww, poor Rob,” Jasper teased, as they made their way out of the showers to the locker room.

“Shut up, Jazz. You’ve got Carolyn, Mitch is dating Amy, and Tobias has Veronica drooling over him.”

“And I bet your brother has Nelson going cross-eyed with love. Those two are completely head-over-heels.”

Rob shared an eye-roll with the redhead, and Mitch sniggered again. “Yeah, tell me about it…no wait, don’t.” Rob returned to the important subject at hand. “Anyway, are you going to invite Amy’s sister to the Junior Prom, Tobias?”

“Ah, well, uhm,” Tobias stuttered, but then he got a look of determination on his face. “I’m going to call her this afternoon and ask if she want to see a movie with me on Friday night. Or perhaps we can meet up after the game on Saturday.”

“Tell her Amy and I will join you on a double-date on Friday if their parents are reluctant to let her go alone,” Mitch told him.

“That would be cool. Those two are close, aren’t they?”

“Yes, and let me tell you Amy’s quite protective of her baby sister. You’re the first guy she’s approved of as dating material for Ronnie.”

“Yeah?” Tobias’s whole face lit up in a smile.

“Dude, any sibling would approve of you for their kid sister,” Jasper told him. “You’re nice, handsome but not vain, unlike some we could mention.” He flicked his towel at Rob, who managed to jump out of the way.

“Oy, cut it out, carrot head. But you’re right about Tobias being a good catch and match for Veronica. If she’s anything like Amy she’ll need a clever, patient and hot baseball player.”

“Don’t you say anything bad about my girlfriend,” Mitch began, but then a slow grin spread on his face. “Dude, did you just call me hot?”

“Yup, I have on good authority you’re smoking hot where it counts.”

“You mean Amy?” Mitch frowned, half-confused and half-flattered.

“Nah, but I’m sure she’ll say the same about your action on the mound. Coach says it’s getting hotter all the time. Why, were you thinking of something else?”

Rob did his best to smile with innocent surprise, when Mitch flipped him off with a growl; Jasper and Tobias chuckled.

“Anyway, Jazz and I have to go pick up the lovebirds at the drama club. Good luck on inviting Ronnie out, and when you take her to the Prom, you can hang out with the cool gang led by Sir Traffic Cone here. Don’t forget, you two are going to be the senior pitcher and catcher next year.”

“I thought the lovebirds would get that award.” Jasper grinned as they left. “At least outside the diamond.”

“Yeah, I bet they will both walk funny after the Prom, if not before.”

“Yikes, TMI. Dude, TMI.”

:thankyou:  to droughtquake for inspiration and AC Benus for a fast edit.
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I was wondering when Rob would refer to his dick as a baseball bat. :P I'm actually surprised it took him this long, lol.

 

Anyways, wonderful chapter Tim! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sir Traffic Cone? Well, I’ve heard of porn performers who have ‘accommodated’ them… Has Rob been practicing? ;-)

 

I’ll let you decide when you are ready for more Jazz inspiration! ;-)

 

And thank you. I’ll put the pitchfork away – for now! ;-)

Link to comment

That was amusing. Four hot men in the shower... nothing wrong with that image... nope, not at all. Thanks for the update, buddy... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Friday is turning into a real date night! They can join Mason and Brianna name at the movies! ;)

 

Such sweet guys... And they're naked!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Okay, I can picture two of the four guys, Rob and Jasper, and that's enough to get me interested... :D
So, Rob getting aroused in the shower, fairly common if the talk was about girls...you're teasing the heck out of me--I want him to get that way with a guy! What happened to the GSA president--Trevor, was it?
I've got my fingers crossed that Rob will at least try the other side of the fence...it might make him get a better understanding of his brother and Nelson.
You're definitely a tease, but I thank you for the image of our hero and his side-kick in the shower--nice early birthday present!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 08:43 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

I was wondering when Rob would refer to his dick as a baseball bat. :P I'm actually surprised it took him this long, lol.

 

Anyways, wonderful chapter Tim! :hug:

LOL, Drew, I'm pleased I finally lived up to your expectations about Rob and baseball bats. :rofl: Glad you enjoyed the chapter. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 09:08 AM, JohnAR said:

And there I was hoping Rob would finally catch. Mean me. ;-)

I'm sure you're not the only one hoping, JAR.

But as your Meta fans know, hopes and wishes may not come true.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 09:16 AM, droughtquake said:

Sir Traffic Cone? Well, I’ve heard of porn performers who have ‘accommodated’ them… Has Rob been practicing? ;-)

 

I’ll let you decide when you are ready for more Jazz inspiration! ;-)

 

And thank you. I’ll put the pitchfork away – for now! ;-)

You can blame JAR for the traffic cone nick name, he let Rob invent several for Bradley in Meta.

I think the inspiration you sent will last me all year. :blushing:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 09:46 AM, Headstall said:

That was amusing. Four hot men in the shower... nothing wrong with that image... nope, not at all. Thanks for the update, buddy... cheers... Gary....

Thanks, I'm glad I could amuse you and make some hot images appear in your mind. I certainly liked creating them. :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 10:13 AM, Puppilull said:

Friday is turning into a real date night! They can join Mason and Brianna name at the movies! ;)

 

Such sweet guys... And they're naked!

He, he, yes Tobias and Veronica might get along well with Mason and Brianna.

We all like the idea of sweet naked guys in the shower. :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 01:10 PM, dughlas said:

Wet and sudsy jocks ... *sigh*.

Well, you did ask for more ginger fun, right? Happy to oblige.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 12:35 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

Okay, I can picture two of the four guys, Rob and Jasper, and that's enough to get me interested... :D

So, Rob getting aroused in the shower, fairly common if the talk was about girls...you're teasing the heck out of me--I want him to get that way with a guy! What happened to the GSA president--Trevor, was it?

I've got my fingers crossed that Rob will at least try the other side of the fence...it might make him get a better understanding of his brother and Nelson.

You're definitely a tease, but I thank you for the image of our hero and his side-kick in the shower--nice early birthday present!

Happy birthday, CG, glad you liked the gift - even if it was sort of accidental. Maybe I should ask drought to send you some of those inspirational pics - but you better be ready to :P and :*)

Trevor is still around and he and Rob may indulge in a bit more of the mutual teasing. Whether it will ever go any further :X

Hope you have a nice day - and your Morningstar birthday chapter should be up soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Haha you have to love hot, sudsy shower talk :P The more I read about Rob, the more I like him as a person. He's been keeping that armour nice and shiny since he was a little kid. Good for him, and good for his parents for setting such a wonderful example,

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 03/07/2017 08:55 AM, LitLover said:

Haha you have to love hot, sudsy shower talk :P The more I read about Rob, the more I like him as a person. He's been keeping that armour nice and shiny since he was a little kid. Good for him, and good for his parents for setting such a wonderful example,

Thank you, LL, I guess you're firmly on Team Rob now? Yeah, Rob was always a champion of the unfairly treated. He gets a kick out of it in a good way, knowing he helped or made a difference. Of course, it didn't always work out, but he's been refining his tactics for years. More in the next chapter.

I'm pleased you noticed the influence of his parents, they tried to reward good behavior and discourage unhelpful stuff - not just in their kids.

Yeah, like dugh said, hot sudsy studs... sigh :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..