Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,283 Words
  • 2,358 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 58. Prompt 538 I need to find a way to make this right.

A Jasper POV chapter, as requested.

“I need to find a way to make this right.”

Jasper sighed, then grunted as Carolyn hit a sore spot below his shoulder blade. He really didn’t want to discuss Rob’s ex while getting a much-needed massage from his girlfriend, but she dug her thumb into the tense area, and he winced.

“Ouch, yeah that’s the place, but could you be a bit more gentle?”

A kiss on the side of his neck was followed by a tad softer but persistent circling of her strong fingers on the muscle which bothered him. Carolyn’s mom was a certified physiotherapist and had taught her how to give a helpful backrub. She’d also given her advice on which kind of injuries to stay away from, in order not to make matters worse. The first time Jasper had shown up with a sore arm from pitching, Miriam had calmly asked him to strip.

“Come on, get that T-shirt off, young man.”

“But….” For once the redhead had been at a loss for words.

“If Carolyn is going to date a jock, she should know how to help. Up to this point she’s mostly practiced on me and her sister. I’m sure she’s eager to get her hands on those magnificent muscles of yours.”

Next thing Jasper knew, he was lying topless and face down on her massage table while mother and daughter were discussing how Carolyn should deal with his body.

“We’ll stick to his back and shoulders for now. We can add his legs when you’ve gotten more familiar.”

“Mom!”

Jasper wondered if Carolyn’s ears were as hot as his.

“Well, some pitchers have leg problems as well as shoulder and arm trouble. It depends on their pitching technique. We’ll have to watch a couple of his games, so I can get an idea of how he performs. You’re a leftie, right Jasper?”

“Uhm, yes ma’am.”

A swat landed on his backside making him jerk in surprise. “Haven’t I told you to call me Miriam?”

“Yes, Miriam.”

“Now, you can see the arm and shoulder muscles on his left side are more developed than his right, but not by much. This means your hunky boyfriend is clever enough to know he should exercise both sides of his body equally.”

“When I give a massage, I should work on both sides as well?” Carolyn asked, and he felt her hands glide from his shoulders and down his back. Nelson would never stop teasing him if he knew the first time Carolyn touched him half-naked was in front of her mom. They’d kissed and hugged, but she insisted on taking things slow, and he wasn’t going to pressure her after only two months of dating. He’d dreamed about her being his girl for too long to blow it now.

“Yes, and don’t forget to work on his pectorals too. They’ll need loosening up after a game. If you don’t have access to a massage table, have him lie on the bed and straddle him.”

“MOM!” Fuck, he wished he could sink into the ground.

“What, dear? Massage is supposed to be asexual. You’re fully dressed, and I’m sure he’ll be good. I’ve known Jasper’s parents for years, and their son will behave like a gentleman.”

Jasper sighed again at the memory. Having known Carolyn and her parents since they were both children had been an advantage in one way, but difficult in others. When his feelings turned from friendship to love, he hadn’t quite known how to tell her. With the encouragement of his best friend, he’d finally worked up courage to ask Carolyn for a date. Her parents had welcomed him in his new role, but at the same time they knew him well enough to tease.

“Jasper, are you paying attention?” He was brought back to the present by Carolyn pinching his ear.

“Uhm, no. Did you ask me something?” He knew better than to pretend.

“What were you thinking about?” She moved from focusing on the sore spot to kneading along his spine.

“About the day I invited you on a date for the first time. Mmmm, that feels awesome.”

“Were you nervous?” Soft kisses followed her hands up his back.

“I thought you might say no, perhaps even laugh at me.”

“I did laugh.”

“Yes, but that was after you said ‘Yes, of course. I’d love to go out with you.’ I was too happy to care.”

“I couldn’t help it. You looked so surprised, but I’ve been in love with you since we were fourteen.”

“You’ve told me before, but you hid it so well at the time, I had no idea.”

“But what made you think of this now?”

“I guess I was thinking how lucky I am compared to Rob.”

“So you did hear me say I was going to talk with Mel again.”

“I don’t really see the point. Rob’s not going to take her back, no matter what.”

“I think she knows that, and her main complaint is not having a date for Senior Prom.”

Jasper snorted. Of course Melanie would regret not being on the arm of one of the most popular seniors of West Hill High. He almost wished Rob would take Trevor to the Prom just to spite her.

“She could go with Chris.”

“Her cousin who plays baseball?”

“Yes, except we made him leave the team.”

“Because of Rob’s brother?”

“No, actually it was Chris being nasty to Tobias, our junior catcher. He’s taking the younger sister of Mitch’s girlfriend to the Prom and I promised they could hang out with us. Is that OK?”

“Yes, that’s fine. Anyway, Mel’s Prom date isn’t my problem. I need to find a way to make things right between us.”

“I know you’ve been friends for years, but….” He didn’t quite know how to express his disgust with Melanie and he wasn’t going to tell Carolyn to drop her. She would have to make that decision herself.

“I have to admit I’m finding it hard to forgive her.” Carolyn sighed, and her hands made random patterns on his back. Jasper didn’t mind her being distracted; he enjoyed all kinds of touching. “But I also feel bad for not realizing she was letting her church be a bad influence. She mentioned getting a new pastor a few years ago, but I didn’t pay much attention. We don’t discuss religion, and Mel’s not the preaching kind. But I can’t help thinking I could have prevented her loss of tolerance and good sense.”

“Perhaps, but you’re not the one who has to take the first step to make this right.”

“No, but I want to give Mel a chance.”

“You’re still speaking to her.”

Carolyn snorted and moved sideways to sit next to him on the bed. “Nothing I say to her on that subject seems to get through.”

He sat up and leaned forward to kiss her. “Then maybe it’s time to forget about her. My back feels great after you’ve worked your magic on the tense parts.”

When she returned his kisses with enthusiasm, he moved closer and took her hand. Placing it on his chest he deepened the kiss. Soon their hands were roaming, hers on his naked skin and his fingers sneaking under the hem of her T-shirt. After almost two years of dating, he knew exactly how to distract his girlfriend.

When they came up for air, Carolyn’s sigh was happy and her voice held more giggle than grief.

“Hmmm, seems like you have one more tense part. Do you need some help with that too?”

Fuck yeah, Carolyn knew exactly how to handle him too. She really was a talented and caring girlfriend.

For droughtquake and other ginger lovers. Happy now?
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I’m not unhappy! It was fun to have an entire scene with Jazz shirtless. (Too bad Carolyn was there! But it is funny that Miriam was there the first time he took his shirt off in front of Carolyn. Pale people blush so nicely!)

 

I’ll put away my pitchfork for now…  ;-)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment

"...he enjoyed all kinds of touching." I bet he does ;)

 

I agree with Drought that it was nice to see (and feel) a semi-nude Jasper under our grasp for an entire chapter. Well done!  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Aw! Jazz and Carolyn are so great together. :D Something tells me, two years from now, Nel and Eric will be just as in-tuned! :yes: Not that they are not in-tuned right now, it's just they still have yet to fully explore each other sexually, like Jazz and Carolyn have. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like how comfortable and easy Carolyn and Jasper are as a couple. You show their relationship is solid, and based on years of friendship. It was a fun scene, buddy... Straddle him? Mom!... he he... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment

:2thumbs:  :kiss:

Man Ja(i)zz shirtless...if only we had the video!  I really think Mel has to be left to her own devices--she's chosen her path and has to live with it, and Carolyn knows her talking about religion won't help.  As for the Prom, I'd rather see Rob stay home than even think about taking her.  I still believe he ought to take Trevor--no one will really think he's gay, but it will reaffirm the support he has for his brother and the GSA.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmm ... barechested ginger jock ... my favorite flavour. I liked the brief flashback to Jazz's first massage. I think Caroline's mom had his number. I also noted they've moved on to including the legs and other stiff bits. Thanks for this treat.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Nice to see a mom depicted as a sensible person... LOL And Carolyn is such a good partner to Jasper. Even if some would perhaps rather see him with a Carl... Hmm. I wonder what will happen at Prom. Things seem to build up. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It was great to have a Jazz chapter :)  It made me chuckle reading about Carolyn's mom.   She's very matter of fact, even while she's mortifying her daughter :lol:  I love the massage.  These two young people obviously care about each other, as lovers and as friends, and are comfortable with each other.  With so much teenage angst out there, this was really nice to see.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 5:51 PM, droughtquake said:

I’m not unhappy! It was fun to have an entire scene with Jazz shirtless. (Too bad Carolyn was there! But it is funny that Miriam was there the first time he took his shirt off in front of Carolyn. Pale people blush so nicely!)

 

I’ll put away my pitchfork for now…  ;-)

 

Thanks, I'm glad the Jazz chapter was a success and gave me a respite from pitchforks. :lol:  I have to have some straight boys in my story, or it wouldn't be believable. it's bad enough I have parents with humor. ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 6:00 PM, AC Benus said:

"...he enjoyed all kinds of touching." I bet he does ;)

 

I agree with Drought that it was nice to see (and feel) a semi-nude Jasper under our grasp for an entire chapter. Well done!  

 

Thanks, buddy, it always makes me happy when you approve of the fun I get up to. I do a little happy dance when I earn a LOL in your edit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 7:07 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Aw! Jazz and Carolyn are so great together. :D Something tells me, two years from now, Nel and Eric will be just as in-tuned! :yes: Not that they are not in-tuned right now, it's just they still have yet to fully explore each other sexually, like Jazz and Carolyn have. :) 

 

Thanks, Drewbear, you made me laugh with your conclusions about how far advanced Jasper and Carolyn are in their relationship. But I guess you may be right about them having a more intimate connection than the new couple. But Nelson is working hard to catch up. :P 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 7:11 PM, Headstall said:

I like how comfortable and easy Carolyn and Jasper are as a couple. You show their relationship is solid, and based on years of friendship. It was a fun scene, buddy... Straddle him? Mom!... he he... cheers... Gary....

 

Thank, Gary. I'm pleased their friendship came across as the base of a comfortable connection. Do you recall Jasper advising Rob to try being friends first with his next girlfriend ? Or at least being friends as well. This was my attempt to show why Jasper held that view. Glad the Mom scene got a laugh, I was grinning while I wrote it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 7:28 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

:2thumbs:  :kiss:

Man Ja(i)zz shirtless...if only we had the video!  I really think Mel has to be left to her own devices--she's chosen her path and has to live with it, and Carolyn knows her talking about religion won't help.  As for the Prom, I'd rather see Rob stay home than even think about taking her.  I still believe he ought to take Trevor--no one will really think he's gay, but it will reaffirm the support he has for his brother and the GSA.

 

Thanks, CC, I'm glad you liked the shirtless ginger image. :P  droughtquake was sure you (and dugh) would approve. :lol: 

Don't worry about Rob taking Mel to the Prom, he'll go stag rather than that. But of course there are other options too, as you point out. He hasn't made up his mind yet, so :X 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/27/2017 at 8:33 PM, dughlas said:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm ... barechested ginger jock ... my favorite flavour. I liked the brief flashback to Jazz's first massage. I think Caroline's mom had his number. I also noted they've moved on to including the legs and other stiff bits. Thanks for this treat.

 

Thanks, dugh, it was nice to do something for Team Jasper, and droughtquale gets the credit for pointing out he should have his own POV chapter(s). Since it was a success, I may do him again. (I bet Drew sees lots of innuendo here...)

Yup, Miriam knows Jasper well, but she also trusts him to take good care of her daughter - and as you say Carolyn takes good care of him too. :P  If she didn't I'm sure we could find a few volunteers... 

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/29/2017 at 9:28 PM, Puppilull said:

Nice to see a mom depicted as a sensible person... LOL And Carolyn is such a good partner to Jasper. Even if some would perhaps rather see him with a Carl... Hmm. I wonder what will happen at Prom. Things seem to build up. 

 

Thanks, Puppilull. I bet you're a sensible Mom too with a slightly twisted sense of humor. So I'm not surprised you can relate to Miriam. :rofl: 

I'm glad I have some readers who totally approve of Carolyn as the perfect partner for Jasper, and who don't go Eeww at the hint of MF sex.

Sigh yes, the Prom :facepalm:  it may end up a 5K+ chapter to deal with everything.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 3/30/2017 at 4:22 AM, LitLover said:

It was great to have a Jazz chapter :)  It made me chuckle reading about Carolyn's mom.   She's very matter of fact, even while she's mortifying her daughter :lol:  I love the massage.  These two young people obviously care about each other, as lovers and as friends, and are comfortable with each other.  With so much teenage angst out there, this was really nice to see.

 

Thanks, Litlover, your praise and interpretation make me all :2thumbs: since it perfectly describe what I was trying to achieve. Everyone seem to approve of having a Jasper POV, so I'll have to try that again at some point. Maybe he and Carolyn can go on a double date with Nelson and Eric?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

 

Thanks, Puppilull. I bet you're a sensible Mom too with a slightly twisted sense of humor. So I'm not surprised you can relate to Miriam. :rofl: 

I'm glad I have some readers who totally approve of Carolyn as the perfect partner for Jasper, and who don't go Eeww at the hint of MF sex.

Sigh yes, the Prom :facepalm:  it may end up a 5K+ chapter to deal with everything.

You know… You could try a different sort of prompt for the Prom chapters. Each chapter should have a different song as the theme. How many songs do they play at a Prom? (I never went to any of mine.) That would only change your pace very slightly. You’re on track to get to Prom sometime in late 2025 or so.  ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

 

Thanks, Drewbear, you made me laugh with your conclusions about how far advanced Jasper and Carolyn are in their relationship. But I guess you may be right about them having a more intimate connection than the new couple. But Nelson is working hard to catch up. :P 

I should have wrote my comment differently. :lol: I meant for "in two years" to be "within two years" given that the lovebirds have this year and next year to explore each other fully before Nel is off to college. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Spoiler

Does anyone else find it ironic that Timmy basically just said, “I need to find a way to make this right” about that followed a chapter prompted by the phrase, “I need to find a way to make this right”?  ;-)

Whoops! Wrong chapter!

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..