Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,107 Words
  • 3,099 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 16. Prompt 364 That is the last time I am telling you anything! (II)

Sometimes you need to take a stand.
An Eric POV chapter

“That is the last time I am telling you anything!”

Rob jumped up from the table, and Nelson wished he were invisible. The meal had been pleasant up to this point with delicious food and relaxed talk. But after they had finished, Rob and Eric’s dad brought up the subject of his elder son’s fight with his teammates.

“Now Rob, Eric should be prepared…”

“No!” The angry teen fumed, “I only told you what they said so you would understand why I hit them and broke up with Melanie. They won’t say anything in school, since plenty of people will report them if they do. Chris and Ryan are both seniors, and they will be gone by the end of the year. And in any case, I expect Nelson will stay glued to Eric’s side, and no one is stupid enough to say anything hateful in front of him.”

Rob’s mom tried to defuse the situation. “Since you’re standing up, Rob, why don’t you fetch the ice cream from the freezer. Nelson, I hope you like apple pie?”

“Yes, ma’am... I mean Diane, but I’m not sure I can eat any right now. I had too much lasagna, it was delicious.”

“OK, in that case maybe we can wait an hour or two. When do you have to be home?”

“I texted my parents and I hope they’ll pick me up on the way home. But if ten-thirty is too late, I can leave earlier.”

“Lord no, we never go to bed before eleven on the weekend, so that’s fine. Why don’t you boys go upstairs for a bit and we’ll have pie around nine-thirty?”

“Thanks, Mom,” Eric stood up quickly, and Nelson followed his lead. But manners and habit made him ask.

“Shouldn’t we help clear the table?”

Eric’s mom smiled at him, “Just put your plate and glass by the sink, and I’ll load the dishwasher later. It’s normally Eric’s job, but not when he has company. Now off you go, boys, and do stop scowling, Rob. We will respect your wishes to keep matters confidential, won’t we, Will?”

“Yes, as long as there are no more incidents and both of you promise to tell me immediately if any of you get harassed. Nelson, I assume your parents are of the same opinion?”

“Yes sir, and since they are both lawyers, they have a pretty good idea about how to handle any problems. My mom has done legal counseling concerning hatecrimes for years.”

“Good to know. We’ll invite your parents over for dinner soon and ask their advice. And yes, Rob, we’ll keep the talk on general rather than specific matters.”

All three teens were grateful to escape, and Eric made no objections when Rob followed Nelson and him into his room. Rob threw himself down on the bed and groaned.

“Fuck. Parents. Sometimes they are too much.”

For once Eric agreed completely with his brother, “Yeah, I’m sorry about that, Nelson.”

“Not to worry, my parents would have been the same. Worse, actually since any cross-examination by them would have made you tell everything. Why do you think I’m so bad at lying?”

Eric went over to put some music on and he and Nelson sat together on the bed with their backs against the wall. Rob was across the bed at the other end; he turned on his side to look at them.

"So that’s why you never denied being interested in Eric, after I forced you to ask him on a date?” He laughed.

“Not much point since I had just told Jazz about having a crush on your brother. And you didn’t force me to do anything.”

“Jazz thought it was…,” Rob began, but his brother interrupted.

“Damn, I completely forgot.” Eric smacked his forehead. “Jasper and Carolyn told us to congratulate you on your home run. They had to go, so I promised.”

“Thanks, bro. Hey, how come you’re here instead of at Nelson’s place?”

“Well, we asked Dad for a lift, and he suggested taking us home, the worse luck, I guess. But now I’m glad he did. Even if you did barge in without knocking.”

“I knocked.”

“But never waited for a reply.”

“Come on Eric, if you don’t keep your door locked, you can’t blame people for entering. Like Mom did the other night.”

“Well, I guess rather you than Mom. Not that I want you to…” Eric trailed off, unsure how to express his horror at the thought of anyone surprising Nelson and him in an intimate situation.

“Rob, I wanted to ask you something.” Nelson thought a change of subject would be useful.

“Go ahead.”

“Is it OK if I tell Jazz about the fight? And are you going to tell the coaches?”

“Yeah, I guess you can tell him, and I’ll fill him in on the details on Monday. I don’t plan to tell anyone at school, but if Chris or Ryan blab, I may have to. I suppose it depends on what Chris tells his parents about how he got a fat lip. Or, he might decide to drop baseball.”

Eric decided he wanted to know. “Rob, is Chris the guy you talked to when Nelson and I met you before the game?”

“Yeah, that’s right, why?”

“Well, you didn’t notice but he wasn’t too pleased to see us holding hands.”

“Tough luck. You two have as much right to hold hands as any other couple in school.”

Nelson decided to intervene before Rob worked himself into another righteous fit.

“You can’t force people to accept, Rob. If they don’t say or do anything, that’s the best you can hope for. And Chris obviously knew better than to say anything in public. However, I’m surprised he mouthed off in front of you later.”

“Well, he didn’t know I was listening, so I guess that explains it. Anyway, forget about that asshole. What did you do today, apart from watching the game and a movie?”

Nelson shrugged, “Talked, played a computer game, had lunch. Just got to know each other better.”

Rob’s attention was on his brother’s face and his grin morphed into a leer. Nelson turned his head and sure enough Eric was blushing.

“Soooo, bro how well did you ‘get to know’ Nelson?”

“Shut up, Rob. I’ve never plagued you for details about your dates, have I? Why do you keep asking about stuff that’s none of your business?”

Nelson wondered too, and here was a chance to tease the jock back, “Yes, Rob, do tell us why?”

“No reason, guys. Just want to know if you’re happy together.”

I wonder if you can guess what the next prompt is.  :lol:
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/13/2014 06:28 AM, Suvitar said:
Another cute little story, this time with an intriguing question at the end :P
Yes, and won't it be fun to find out the answer. :lol:

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Link to comment

Darn it Tim, I was wondering what Chris and Ryan said, and you adroitly dodged the issue. :) It's nice to see you're addicted to prompts now--they're like Lay's Potato Chips in the commercial here: 'nobody can eat just one!'

 

Eager for the next bit, even though it distracts me from writing my chapter. :) And that goes for AC too--he posted a new chapter also!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You are becoming such a master at getting us nowhere too fast in the story but making us think we have progressed some because we love your characters so much and you make their interaction vital and alive. Can't wait to see the Rob development! Please hurry it on!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 09:11 PM, Jaro_423 said:
You are becoming such a master at getting us nowhere too fast in the story but making us think we have progressed some because we love your characters so much and you make their interaction vital and alive. Can't wait to see the Rob development! Please hurry it on!
a master of getting us nowhere too fast ? :lol: I like that, Jaro. And thanks for the praise of my writing.

I promise I'll write as fast as possible.

Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 08:37 AM, ColumbusGuy said:
Darn it Tim, I was wondering what Chris and Ryan said, and you adroitly dodged the issue. :) It's nice to see you're addicted to prompts now--they're like Lay's Potato Chips in the commercial here: 'nobody can eat just one!'

 

Eager for the next bit, even though it distracts me from writing my chapter. :) And that goes for AC too--he posted a new chapter also!

Yep, and I'm going to keep dodging. :)

And you're right, I'm addicted now and you'll all have to suffer along with me. :lol:

Glad you like the chapter.

Link to comment

Team Rob is happy (at least this member of the team is!)

I'm so glad he stood up to his parents and that they acknowledged his right to be pissed with them. Mom was masterful at defusing what could have escalated into a nasty situation. Smart woman to realize her sons being honest and willing to speak with them was the important thing.

High school kids, of course Chris' fat lip will be a subject of conversation on Monday just as Rob breaking up with his girl will be. On the plus side, his coming to the defense of his little brother so quickly and dumping a homophobic two-bit-whore will probably mean all the single girls in school will be drooling over him. The baseball game heroics won't hurt one bit either. That boy is going to get so laid!

I wouldn't say you get us nowhere fast but your pace is not the swiftest by far LOL

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 03:40 AM, Carlos Hazday said:
Team Rob is happy (at least this member of the team is!)

I'm so glad he stood up to his parents and that they acknowledged his right to be pissed with them. Mom was masterful at defusing what could have escalated into a nasty situation. Smart woman to realize her sons being honest and willing to speak with them was the important thing.

High school kids, of course Chris' fat lip will be a subject of conversation on Monday just as Rob breaking up with his girl will be. On the plus side, his coming to the defense of his little brother so quickly and dumping a homophobic two-bit-whore will probably mean all the single girls in school will be drooling over him. The baseball game heroics won't hurt one bit either. That boy is going to get so laid!

I wouldn't say you get us nowhere fast but your pace is not the swiftest by far LOL

Thanks Carlos, you know your opinion matters to me.

Your praise for Rob's mom made me happy, and I think you nailed it with the observation that she treasures her sons confiding in their parents above all.

Your predictions about Monday are totally plausible, and I think they may inspire one or two chapters. Particularly in relation to Rob's future :P

Link to comment

Tim,

Team Rob is indeed pleased. Rob is single; he stood up to his beliefs even if it meant to be "grounded" (good luck in grounding Rob). Looking forward to who is going to end up with ;-).

JAR

PS Only on comment on the whole education discussion in the forum: Parents have no clue; and everyone one's that until they become parents ;-).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 09:35 AM, JohnAR said:
Tim,

Team Rob is indeed pleased. Rob is single; he stood up to his beliefs even if it meant to be "grounded" (good luck in grounding Rob). Looking forward to who is going to end up with ;-).

JAR

PS Only on comment on the whole education discussion in the forum: Parents have no clue; and everyone one's that until they become parents ;-).

Hi John, glad to have you back and pleased.

Yes, I don't think grounding Rob will work for very long. :lol:

Link to comment

"Yes Rob, please tell us why". I loved this. What is really great about this chapter is how well Nelson fits in...he almost seems like a third brother. He seemed to know exactly when to help Rob out when things got tense with Rob's parents. And Rob's parents are awesome in that they know that at times they have to placate Rob. They are such good parents for all the grumbling the boys do. I get the feeling that Rob fits in and supports the other two for reasons of his own. Will they come to light at some point? Team Gay Rob wants to know :huh: . You continue to take us on this really great, somewhat innocent ride...a ride I think we all want to stay on....cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/14/2014 08:34 PM, Headstall said:
"Yes Rob, please tell us why". I loved this. What is really great about this chapter is how well Nelson fits in...he almost seems like a third brother. He seemed to know exactly when to help Rob out when things got tense with Rob's parents. And Rob's parents are awesome in that they know that at times they have to placate Rob. They are such good parents for all the grumbling the boys do. I get the feeling that Rob fits in and supports the other two for reasons of his own. Will they come to light at some point? Team Gay Rob wants to know :huh: . You continue to take us on this really great, somewhat innocent ride...a ride I think we all want to stay on....cheers...Gary
I guess no matter how awesome your parents are, all teens grumble about them at times. They wouldn't be teens if they didn't. :lol: But I'm glad that my readers appreciate the parents, because many stories have a bigoted mom or dad being the drama aspect. With good reason, I suspect, but I wanted to show normal parents who annoyed all of their kids whether gay or straight.

And I fell over laughing at your first line. I did think Team Rob would be VERY interested in the answer. Chapter 17 has just gone for beta reading, so hopefully you'll know more soon.

Link to comment
On 12/17/2014 12:03 PM, LitLover said:
Definitely have a happy Team Rob member here.
Yay another Rob fan :lol: Please go and get your T-shirt over in the forum.

Thanks Lit, I'm flattered you spent time on your birthday to read the story !

Good call on Rob and Eric's parents, that's just how I wanted them to come across.

Link to comment

So the teammate didn't know Rob heard him. Still a stupid thing to say anywhere near him. Eric's parents are great - and I understand their concern. They know Rob will protect his brother - but Rob can't be everywhere.

"Yes Rob, please tell us why" Rob does seem to leave the door open for a lot of those questions doesn't he? :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 02:11 PM, EagleIsaac said:
So the teammate didn't know Rob heard him. Still a stupid thing to say anywhere near him. Eric's parents are great - and I understand their concern. They know Rob will protect his brother - but Rob can't be everywhere.

"Yes Rob, please tell us why" Rob does seem to leave the door open for a lot of those questions doesn't he? :P

Yes he does - and I think he likes to do it. :lol:

I'm glad you like the parents, since I know you're one too.

Link to comment

I wish we could find out what Melanie said and read how Rob took on the bullies - although I do understand it is not a relevant part of the story, it doesn't stop me being curious.

 

Great chapter :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/24/2015 01:55 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

I wish we could find out what Melanie said and read how Rob took on the bullies - although I do understand it is not a relevant part of the story, it doesn't stop me being curious.

 

Great chapter :)

Keep reading, Caz, keep reading. :lol:

Glad you liked this, and you're almost half way now.

Link to comment

-rolls around- Why is this story so good? It's getting late in my time zone and I can't stop reading...dagnabbit, Timothy! :worship:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/11/2017 11:58 AM, Thirdly said:

-rolls around- Why is this story so good? It's getting late in my time zone and I can't stop reading...dagnabbit, Timothy! :worship:

Why are your reviews so good? It's almost midnight, and I need to go to bed. I wanted to catch up before the site goes off-line for the big update, but I think the rest of my replies will have to wait.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..