Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,499 Words
  • 2,387 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 34. Prompt 168 Now why on earth would I do that?

Another one for Team Rob.
The Perry brothers are at it again.
An Eric POV chapter

“Now why on earth would I do that?” Rob put on his best innocent face, but Eric rolled his eyes at his older brother. ‘Nice try, bro,’ he thought.

“I don’t know why, but you seem to enjoy prying into my relationship with Nelson, and that’s why I told you not to ask questions about what we were doing with our time.”

“You realize you’re more or less admitting that whatever it was, you’re too embarrassed to talk about it,” Rob pointed out.

“Whatever. I can’t prevent you from making up dirty pictures in your head, but as long as they stay there, I don’t care.”

Nelson tried to change the subject. “Did you have a nice work-out, Jazz?”

“Yeah, but my legs are killing me.”

“You had better be able to drive properly, or Dad will kill you,” Nelson teased.

“No worries, I just need to rest a bit. Your brother is a tough guy to compete with, Eric. He suggested I do lunges, lots of them.”

“That’s why I don’t try to keep up with him.” Eric knew all about Rob’s motivation techniques in the fitness room, a mixture of cajoling, pushing, and showing off. ‘Look what you might achieve if you work as hard as me.’ Somehow even their dad fell for it, when the three of them worked out together.

“Well, you can outrun me any day, bro, so I think we’re even.” Rob grinned at him. The four of them were seated around the kitchen table eating pizza. Rob and Jasper had downed protein drinks first, to counter the less-than-optimal fast food after a workout. The parents were still in the dining room having coffee.

“Nelson, what sort of workout do you do with your martial arts?” Apparently Rob had decided to stick with the new subject, and Eric let out a silent sigh of relief.

“Well, I have several routines to warm up, which keep me limber but also builds fitness. And I run, and do a bit of weight training to make sure all my muscle groups develop evenly. I’m after balanced strength, not bulk.”

“I think most people don’t realize how strong you are. You look slender and your clothes don’t show off your muscles. Well, except for your tight jeans, they sure reveal your well-trimmed butt.”

“ROB!” Eric didn’t appreciate the last compliment to Nelson, even if he happened to think the same.

“What? Come on, bro, you have to agree that of the four of us, Nelson wins the butt contest. You win the leg contest, and Jasper the arms and shoulders one.”

Nelson leaned in and whispered, “You do have very sexy legs, Eric.” A hand squeezed his thigh to emphasize the point.

“And which contest do you win, Rob?” Eric regretted the question the moment he said it, and the smirk on Rob’s face showed he loved having trapped his brother into enquiring.

“Do you really have to ask after you walked in on me this morning?”

“Ewww, Rob, don’t remind me. That was gross.”

“Why do you suddenly use a German[1] word?” The three other teens groaned at Rob’s bad pun.

“OK, apart from that, I’m sure most of the girls at school would vote me the winner of the contest for ‘over-all sexiest stud’ in the senior year.”

“Why not of the whole school, now that you’re at it?” Eric tried to sound sarcastic, but the fact was Rob qualified for the title. No wonder Melanie had set her sights on him, and all the more surprising she had let her prejudices lead her to piss off her boyfriend. How on earth could she not know how loyal Rob was to him? He might tease and annoy, but Eric had never doubted Rob would have his back. It wasn’t fear Rob wouldn’t accept him which had made him hesitate to come out to his brother.

“I thought you would say Nelson is the sexist stud in school after tonight.” Rob tried to mold his face into a worried frown, but Jasper’s laugh spoiled it. The redhead immediately contradicted Rob.

“Oh no, Nel would never agree with that. Eric gets the prize any day. Nelson always admired the handsome and brainy guys. Like Jake Shears, James Franco or Matt Damon. Good Will Hunting is one of Nelson’s favorite movies.”

Eric smiled at his boyfriend. “I like that movie too.” He turned back to Rob and Jasper and did his best to sound casual. “I’m quite happy if I’m the only guy to find Nelson the sexiest man in the world. That way I won’t have any competition for his heart.”

“Awww, that’s cute, bro. But don’t worry about his body either. I’m sure Nelson can fend off any unwanted attention. If not, I’d be glad to help.”

Eric shook his head, but didn’t bother to reply. This was one of the reasons he’d hesitated to come out to Rob. He so did not want his brother to meddle in his love life. That was why he had decided to come out after Rob had left for college. But he had to admit getting Nelson as his boyfriend was worth any challenge, even Rob alternating between annoyingly protective and provocatively teasing.

Jasper was the one to change the topic this time. “Well Rob, we shall soon see what you’re worth on the open market. I bet all the single girls are plotting how to get you to ask them on a date. And what are you doing about the Prom? Will you still take Melanie?”

“Fuck no, I’m not gonna speak to her ever again, if I can avoid it. But I guess I have to tell her to find another date for the prom, just to be sure she knows. She can ask her stupid cousin to go, for all I care. But I’m not going to ask any of the single girls from school; it’s not fair to raise any hopes. I’ll go stag if I can’t convince Cassie to go with me.”

“Are you sure she doesn’t have a Prom date already?” Eric asked.

“Last time I spoke to her, she was still hoping Jonathan would be able to come home and escort her. But that guy is a dickhead, and I bet he won’t spend the time or money on her. Well, that’s my luck, and Cassie is much too good for him anyway.”

“You’re not going to…” Eric didn’t know how to phrase his question nicely.

“Nah, I won’t poach, but I’m going to treat her the way she deserves to be, and hopefully she’ll come to her senses and tell Jon to fuck off. And who knows? Cassie and I might go to the same college, and I think we could become better friends at least.”

“You probably would have been already, except Melanie can’t stand her. Maria and Tony say the feeling is mutual.” Eric couldn’t help adding this little tidbit of information. He’d felt less uncomfortable about not being able to put up with Melanie after he realized his best friends felt the same way.

“You never told me that.” Rob frowned at him, but Eric shrugged.

“Would you have listened? You enjoyed being with her, and as far as I could see, she did her best to please you.”

“Are you accusing me of thinking with my dick?”

“Is that what you were doing? But no, I thought Melanie was at least being nice to you, and that's what mattered. She gave me no reason to not like her, except for the part where she tried to set me up with her friend. If I think about it, it was annoying, but she probably meant no harm. Anyway, I'd never mess with your life for no good reason.”

“Oh, well it doesn’t matter now anyway, but next time I start dating someone, I want you to be honest and tell me what you think. I actually trust in your good sense, Eric, so please give me your opinion.”

“Well, for what it’s worth, I like Cassie. But I promise to vet any future girlfriends of yours without fail.”

Jasper and Nelson burst out laughing, Eric joined them, and eventually Rob did too.

The kitchen door opened and Eric’s dad stuck his head inside.

“Glad to see you’re having fun, boys. Did you want some dessert? It’s ice cream with canned fruits.”

Rob jumped up from the table.

“Sure thing, can we eat it in my room?”

“Well, we were going to join you in here. There are a couple of things we’d like to talk about.”

“Was that me, Dad, or all of us?” Rob asked while Eric got up to clear the table and get out bowls and spoons.

“All of you.” Mr. Perry withdrew, and the four teens exchanged looks, not liking the ominous sound of that.

“Oh, fuck, what now?” Rob expressed their feelings perfectly.

 

[1] Gross means large in German.

Special thanks to AC Benus for doing a fast edit of this chapter. I hope this stops the nagging about more Rob. :lol:  (as if...)
CG, I hope you enjoyed the little German joke. ;) 
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I liked the German joke! And the chapter. Since Rob wasn't anywhere near naked or in a shower, this might not appease Team Rob. Not enough robgasms...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

The joke was fabelhaft, Tim...tak.
I liked the whole thing, but especially when Rob said he wanted Eric to tell him what he thought of his girlfriends because he trusted his judgment. Rob is an awesome brother, and things like that make up for his rambunctious moments. I'm also glad that Eric finally voiced his concerns about meddling...I know Rob will try, but he feels responsible for Eric, so I think he'll keep it to more serious situations now.
Rob going stag to the Prom, I can just see that causing a stir...but it would be nice if he can help Cassie too.
Great chapter, min ven!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Strong evidence of the solid bond between the brothers in this instalment. That is a wonderful thing to have and despite any teasing that might occur, they both know it's all in jest.
Add Nelson and Jasper and the brotherly bond is four strong. :boy::boy::boy::boy::P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/24/2015 10:29 PM, Puppilull said:

I liked the German joke! And the chapter. Since Rob wasn't anywhere near naked or in a shower, this might not appease Team Rob. Not enough robgasms...

So simply having Rob dominating a lot of the chapter is no longer enough ? He has to be naked too? Jeez this is going to be difficult. You will have to revisit ch. 32 for your Robgasms. :lol:

Did you get the joke without the footnote? I wasn't sure whether I could leave it out. But hopefully it can be ignored if unnecessary.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 12:54 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

The joke was fabelhaft, Tim...tak.

I liked the whole thing, but especially when Rob said he wanted Eric to tell him what he thought of his girlfriends because he trusted his judgment. Rob is an awesome brother, and things like that make up for his rambunctious moments. I'm also glad that Eric finally voiced his concerns about meddling...I know Rob will try, but he feels responsible for Eric, so I think he'll keep it to more serious situations now.

Rob going stag to the Prom, I can just see that causing a stir...but it would be nice if he can help Cassie too.

Great chapter, min ven!

Thanks CG, I'm glad you liked it. :D

Hopefully, Eric is slowly working out that voicing his concerns and wishes is better than hiding them. Not only in relation to Rob, but even more so with Nelson. Communication is a must in a relationship - not all the time, but keeping quiet about important matters is stupid. I'm speaking from experience here.

I'm not sure we'll ever get as far as the prom, but whatever happens, Rob is likely to do well. That boy is destined to come out on top in every situation. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 02:05 AM, Reader1810 said:

Strong evidence of the solid bond between the brothers in this instalment. That is a wonderful thing to have and despite any teasing that might occur, they both know it's all in jest.

Add Nelson and Jasper and the brotherly bond is four strong. :boy::boy::boy::boy::P

That is a very astute observation. Eric teasing Rob is noteworthy and signals his growing confidence and a more relaxed attitude. And Rob telling Eric he respects his opinion was important. They need to gradually become more equal as brothers and friends. The age difference still plays a role, but it will disappear eventually.

Thank you for reviewing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I really respect that Rob is comfortable enough with himself to be able admire a fine ass(et) regardless of who it belongs to. ;) I like the interaction between the brothers. The affection between them is obvious. It's great that Rob wants Eric's opinion on girlfriends because it was obvious by the end that he wasn't with his girlfriend for her personality and if Eric had said something maybe Rob would have smartened up sooner. Great chapter Tim.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 03:19 AM, EagleIsaac said:

I really respect that Rob is comfortable enough with himself to be able admire a fine ass(et) regardless of who it belongs to. ;) I like the interaction between the brothers. The affection between them is obvious. It's great that Rob wants Eric's opinion on girlfriends because it was obvious by the end that he wasn't with his girlfriend for her personality and if Eric had said something maybe Rob would have smartened up sooner. Great chapter Tim.

Great review, Isaac. I love how you identify the important points. The brotherly affection becoming clearer and how Eric can help Rob and not just the other way round. Rob may have ignored Eric's opinion at first, but he would have taken a closer look at Melanie rather than letting matters slide and staying in an empty relationship.

I'm still not sure about Rob expressing admiration for a male ass. Is he doing it to tease, to show Eric he's cool with 'gay stuff', or does he actually appreciate male beauty? Perhaps time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

wow onkel Tim!!...wow!! 2 chapters in such a short span, I like it ^_^. all things aside I think this chapter shows how close the Perry brothers are, Jazz and Nel are really close enough to be brothers as well. it feels nice to see how Rob values Eric's opinions in his personal matters. I almost feel that he meddles in Eric's relationship because he thinks that it's his right to do so even though it's all in good sense. my prediction about the reason for which Eric stayed in the closet turned out to be quite true after all ;) . anyway tak for kapitel onkel tim, elsker dig... knus og kram :hug::kiss:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 04:37 AM, Headstall said:

Another enjoyable chapter, Tim. Well done. Cheers... Gary

Thanks Gary, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've been having difficulties with writing Rob for a while, trying to balance the carefree, fun guy with the caring brother who appreciates Eric. I hope I managed it here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 05:01 AM, Victor Gutte said:

wow onkel Tim!!...wow!! 2 chapters in such a short span, I like it ^_^. all things aside I think this chapter shows how close the Perry brothers are, Jazz and Nel are really close enough to be brothers as well. it feels nice to see how Rob values Eric's opinions in his personal matters. I almost feel that he meddles in Eric's relationship because he thinks that it's his right to do so even though it's all in good sense. my prediction about the reason for which Eric stayed in the closet turned out to be quite true after all ;) . anyway tak for kapitel onkel tim, elsker dig... knus og kram :hug::kiss:

Well, don't expect me to always be this productive, although I have to admit your enthusiastic reviews and comments in the forum do inspire me to keep writing. All authors thrive on feedback and I'm lucky to have many GA friends responding to my stories. :D

Anyway, I'm glad I fulfilled your expectations about why Eric did not come out to Rob earlier. It made sense to me. :)

I would like to add that not only does Rob feel entitled to meddle in Eric's life, but he expects Eric to meddle right back. :lol: Ignoring Rob would make him unhappy, and Eric taking an interest is important. Baseball is the prime example so far.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A cliff hanger? Really?? That's not fair :pissed:
Good to hear the boys getting on and growing closer all the time as a group. Good, loyal friends are always an important asset to anyone. :)
Looking forward to more *hint* *hint* 0:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 08:52 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

A cliff hanger? Really?? That's not fair :pissed:

Good to hear the boys getting on and growing closer all the time as a group. Good, loyal friends are always an important asset to anyone. :)

Looking forward to more *hint* *hint* 0:)

I may come to regret the cliff hanger even more than you, because I have absolutely NO idea what happens next. :o So it may take a while for me to write ch. 35. :(

I agree that it's important for the four of them to be friends, it makes it a lot easier for Nelson and Eric. And Rob can go to college knowing there are two great guys looking aout for his brother.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Rob checking out and appreciating male body parts. We are making progress ... step by step.
And since when do you use cliffhangers???? You better deliver now.
PS Rob taking a guy for the prom (one can dream).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/25/2015 11:59 PM, JohnAR said:

Rob checking out and appreciating male body parts. We are making progress ... step by step.

And since when do you use cliffhangers???? You better deliver now.

PS Rob taking a guy for the prom (one can dream).

Rob appreciating male ass is nothing new as Eagle-eyes pointed out in the forum. As to whether it will lead to anything, time will tell (or not).

Re cliff hanger, see my reply to Caz.

Feel free to dream, but if Rob won't lead girls on he's certainly not going to do it to a guy. Plus Nelson would not be amused.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

'annoyingly protective and provocatively teasing' That's Rob, lol. Loved it. :) And what's with the cliffy again? I know I can just click 'next chapter' because I'm still so much behind...but the dogs want out for a walk and I need coffee.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/04/2015 09:24 PM, aditus said:

'annoyingly protective and provocatively teasing' That's Rob, lol. Loved it. :) And what's with the cliffy again? I know I can just click 'next chapter' because I'm still so much behind...but the dogs want out for a walk and I need coffee.

Glad you found the description apt. :D And considering the cliffies we suffered in RRS, I'm sort delighted to pay you back a little. But don't worry, it's nothing bad, so take the poor dogs for a walk.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..