Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,493 Words
  • 2,797 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 26. Prompt 405 You honestly think I would wear something like that?

The shopping competition gets intense.
A Nelson POV chapter but in 3rd person

“You honestly think I would wear something like that?”

They were in their third clothing shop and Nelson was getting fed up. He’d managed to buy a shirt and a pair of jeans in Abercrombie & Fitch, and Eric had been the one to find the green and black T-shirt, which might become his new favorite. His boyfriend had also bought a soft, clingy shirt for himself, which had Nelson drooling as he saw the way it molded to Eric’s well-shaped torso.

Now they were in the Benetton shop and Rob had gone directly to the rack with the New Spring collection featuring a whole range of pastel colors. His first choice was a ‘pretty in pink’ shirt which made Nelson scowl, followed by a yellow horror which had prompted his exclamation.

He followed it up with, “I’ve never worn Easter Egg colors before, why would I start now?”

“Why not, Nelson?” Jasper joined Rob at the rack. “Oh, I agree the yellow wouldn’t suit you, but the pink wasn’t too bad. With your dark hair you’d look good in the right soft colors. Hmm, I think…”

He rummaged along the rack and drew out an orange shirt with white trim and collar. “Here, try this one on, Nel.”

“Hey, if you’re taking that, you can try the pink one as well,” Rob pouted. He handed it to Eric, shoved the yellow shirt back on the rack and moved down the line.

“In fact, why don’t you get one in Eric’s favorite color?” He pulled out a light purple shirt and came over to hold it up against Nelson. “What do you think, bro?”

“Fuck you, Rob, purple was my favorite color, when I was five!” Eric tried to look pissed, but his eyes got all soft when he looked at his boyfriend. “But I have to admit…”

“Yay, I knew it!” Rob crowed and gave Jasper a superior grin.

Nelson tried to object once more, “Do you think just because I’m queer, I’m gonna like colors like those?”

“But you are gay, Nelson.” Rob sounded all confused. “Not that it makes any difference. I wish I could wear those shirts, but my mom says Eric and I have to stay with deep, cool colors, no pastels or warm colors like brown, orange or purple.”

“How does she know?” Jasper was intrigued.

“Her cousin did some sort of color chart test on her years ago,” Eric explained. “And since Rob and I take after her in hair and skin tone, she says we need to stay with the same color scheme.”

“Interesting, does your mom’s cousin still do this?”

“I think so; do you want to book a session?” Rob grinned at Jasper.

“Well, it’s not hard to work out what goes with red hair and freckles. But I was thinking about Carolyn. She’s been talking about something like this, and it’s her birthday soon.”

“We can ask Mom when we get back,” Eric promised.

“So what is your favorite color now?” the redhead asked.

“Well, dark blue mainly,” Eric began, “but I’m also rather fond of chocolate brown.” He reached out and caressed Nelson’s temple, losing himself in the beauty of his boyfriend’s eyes.

Jasper went over to another part of the shop and took a couple of shirts with darker colors and stripes. “Indigo and white, with a narrow brown stripe, how’s that? Or a blue with brown trim on the sleeves and collar?”

“Jeez guys, how many shirts do you expect me to buy? I’ve already bought three.” Nelson tried to sound annoyed, but in fact he liked most of the shirts Rob and Jasper had suggested in Abercrombie & Fitch. And just before they’d left this morning, his mom had whispered to get shirts and pants and stuck several hundred bucks in his pocket. He knew she was glad he’d found someone to help him shop.

“Well, how many dates are you going on, you know, before you seal the deal?” Rob asked with wide, innocent eyes.

“What do you mean, how many dates…” Nelson began, before he suddenly turned bright red and stopped talking.

“Hmm, Rob has a point, you know…” Jasper patted his shoulder. “I made sure to dress well for my dates with Carolyn, and I’m certain it helped. She commented on my excellent taste several times – including my CK briefs.”

“Shut up! Both of you!” Eric grabbed the shirts and stood in front of Nelson, who hid his face against the broad back, trying not to laugh. “He doesn’t have to buy ANY shirts to ‘seal the deal’ you moron. NO shirt would do the trick. Now, fuck off and leave us alone. We’ll see you at two-thirty.”

He turned around and propelled Nelson towards the changing room, muttering something about damn annoying brothers and ditto with redheads. When the sales assistant by the changing room asked how many shirts they had, he almost snarled at her, but managed to stop himself and take a deep breath, before saying five and holding them up for her to see.

After locking the door to the changing room the boys indulged in a long kiss and a cuddle. Nelson wanted to tell Eric how much he loved him going all protective, but he refrained. He didn’t want to appear defenseless. So when Eric started to apologize for Rob, Nelson shook his head.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll get used to your brother’s behavior. After all, I manage to live with Jazz’s weird sense of humor. But I have to say the two of them together is a bit much.”

“Fuck, I wanted to strangle Rob in Abercrombie & Fitch, but he did have a point. Both of those jeans really did show off your assets in the best possible way.”

“Don’t tell him or Jazz, but I plan to go back and buy the other pair as well and three of the shirts.”

“Yeah? I liked the black jeans.”

“They were rather tight.” Nelson thought they were almost indecent in the way they hugged his ass. But he had to admit, they fit perfectly.

“Mmmhmm,” Eric slid his hand over the sexy butt which drove him crazy with desire. “Like my annoying brother said: ‘if you have it, flaunt it.’ And you sure have what I want, babe.”

“Eric,” Nelson hissed. “You’re making me so hard, stop it.”

He turned to the mirror and began trying on the five shirts, one by one. After a bit of discussion they agreed on the purple and the orange shirt, even if Nelson still grumbled about them being too gay.

“No, they’re not, Nel. I wish I could wear purple, but my mom says warm colors make our faces look sallow. The only brown I get to wear are belts.”

“Hmm, does this mean purple or yellow would be OK for underwear?”

Eric stared at Nelson for a second before nodding. The older teen sent him a teasing smile and gathered up the shirts to exit the changing room. With Eric trailing he went to the counter and bought the two shirts they had decided on. There was no sign of Rob and Jasper, so they went back to Abercrombie & Fitch and Nelson bought the black jeans and the two shirts he had liked best.

By now his backpack was full and Nelson suggested finding Rob and asking for his car keys so they could dump everything in the trunk.

“OK, I’ll send him a text and ask him to meet us at the car.”

When they got there, Rob and Jasper were waiting, ready to tease them for taking so long.

“Did you have fun in the changing room, bro?”

“So tell me, Nel, which shirt does Eric want to take off you?”

They ignored them and Nelson stuck the whole backpack in the car after retrieving his wallet. He decided to use the easiest ploy to distract his friend, and probably Rob too.

“I’m getting hungry. Should we have a quick meal or just buy lots of snacks and drinks at the movies?”

“Do we have time to go to Dunkin or Baskin?” Rob took the bait and revealed his love of cake and ice cream.

“It’s only ten-to-two, I vote for Donuts,” Jasper declared. Nelson hid a grin; bring up food and Jazz was sidetracked immediately.

“OK, that’s fine with me. Eric?” Nelson remembered he wasn’t on his own and needed to consult his boyfriend on his wishes.

“Lead the way, Rob,” his brother declared and took the hand Nelson had extended. As they ambled along behind the two baseball jocks, Eric whispered in Nelson’s ear. “Purple silk panties or yellow satin boxers. You honestly think I would wear something like that?”

“Well, I guess… it would be a lot to ask,” Nelson tried to keep the disappointment out of his voice.

“For you Nelson… I’d do anything to seal the deal.”

Happy now, dugh, LL and CG? ;) 
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

:D :D that was awesome Tim! Thank you. That was as funny as I thought it was going to be. :yes: This hungry bird is very happy. :). "Straight eye for the gay guy"! :rofl: Loved that Dugh!
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 01:48 PM, dughlas said:
Thanks Tim.

 

Straight eye for the gay guy ...

You're welcome, dughlas. I'm pleased you liked it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 01:53 PM, LitLover said:
:D :D that was awesome Tim! Thank you. That was as funny as I thought it was going to be. :yes: This hungry bird is very happy. :). "Straight eye for the gay guy"! :rofl: Loved that Dugh!
Well, you did inspire me to do the 'epic straight boy clothing war' LOL, so you deserve it. And it's still a draw.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Excellent shopping trip--Nelson gets to show off his assets in new pants too! I really hope Eric doesn't buy boxers--they have to be the most unattractive underwear invented, and the most annoying with their lack of support. I've found briefs the most arousing on my boyfriends, and am just glad I found things other than 'tighty-whities' when I started buying my own around age 15...colored Jockeys or Polos were pretty new back in the 70s, so the timing was pretty good. :)

Isn't 'panties' still a female term? Are you saying Eric should buy female underwear? Depending on the cut and style, briefs can be bikini style, trunk style, or near-thongs. Not being too up to date, do they even make men's underwear in satin or silk?

Next chapter please, Tim!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 07:35 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
Excellent shopping trip--Nelson gets to show off his assets in new pants too! I really hope Eric doesn't buy boxers--they have to be the most unattractive underwear invented, and the most annoying with their lack of support. I've found briefs the most arousing on my boyfriends, and am just glad I found things other than 'tighty-whities' when I started buying my own around age 15...colored Jockeys or Polos were pretty new back in the 70s, so the timing was pretty good. :)

Isn't 'panties' still a female term? Are you saying Eric should buy female underwear? Depending on the cut and style, briefs can be bikini style, trunk style, or near-thongs. Not being too up to date, do they even make men's underwear in satin or silk?

Next chapter please, Tim!

Well, what would Eric know about sexy underwear at age fifteen ? For that matter, I'm not sure Nelson has much experience either. But they can probably have fun online looking at various options. :P Bikini style sounds good (if somewhat female too).

I'm writing and hope to get it done over Easter. No promises though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/04/2015 11:05 PM, Robert Rex said:
Funny as hell.....I chuckled all the way through!

Good job!

Thanks, Rex. I have to admit I grinned quite a bit while writing.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was hilarious AND charming... and Eric is a firecracker... I think Nelson is going to have his hands full with that guy. The Jasper and Rob shirt Olympics was very well done, Tim. Bravo...cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I finally caught up :o The clothing battle royale was great! Very funny having the two straight jocks competing for who can find the best clothing for the gay kid. Way to smash stereotypes boys! :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 04/05/2015 09:57 AM, EagleIsaac said:
I finally caught up :o The clothing battle royale was great! Very funny having the two straight jocks competing for who can find the best clothing for the gay kid. Way to smash stereotypes boys! :lol:
I'm impressed and immensely grateful for all the wonderful reviews. They made me revisit the chapters and all the other great reviews my friends have left for me. :)

As long as it's a competition I guess jocks will participate, lol. Especially if they get to tease at the same time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/05/2015 09:23 AM, Headstall said:
That was hilarious AND charming... and Eric is a firecracker... I think Nelson is going to have his hands full with that guy. The Jasper and Rob shirt Olympics was very well done, Tim. Bravo...cheers...Gary
Yes, Nelson is realising this too, I think. It's funny how Eric's temper flares up when it comes to defending his boyfriend, whereas he is normally quite calm and deliberate. I'm glad you liked the epic shirt competition, it was fun to write.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

It's nice that Jasper is asking about the personal stylist-slash-colorist for Carolyn's birthday. It shows in a subtle way that he's a good boyfriend, and is already thinking about her present.

 

In the shop, maybe Nelson should have suggested that Rob try on the purple shirt :funny: maybe a nice light, and 'gay color' (as in cheerful and colorful, lol) would suit him to a tee.

 

The encounter in the fitting room – with Eric again being the 'aggressor,' and taking his boy from behind – was steamy hot and sweet at the same time. Great job. :great:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/13/2015 01:22 PM, AC Benus said:
It's nice that Jasper is asking about the personal stylist-slash-colorist for Carolyn's birthday. It shows in a subtle way that he's a good boyfriend, and is already thinking about her present.

 

In the shop, maybe Nelson should have suggested that Rob try on the purple shirt :funny: maybe a nice light, and 'gay color' (as in cheerful and colorful, lol) would suit him to a tee.

 

The encounter in the fitting room – with Eric again being the 'aggressor,' and taking his boy from behind – was steamy hot and sweet at the same time. Great job. :great:

I'm glad somebody appreciates Jasper's good qualities. :) He is a great friend and boyfriend.

LOL, I wish I'd thought of telling Rob to try on the purple shirt - I bet he would have done it too. :lol:

Bad boys in the fitting room - sounds like porn to me :*)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wonderful exchange again but so good on the clothes thing. I like that Nelson is not that way and needed help as this made way for such fun in the shops! And in the change rooms! Lol! I wondered if you were going to get too carried away at one point! Lol! But I love your restraint too. You really building us up for a hot scene ahead - hope you practicing for that! Lol! And so much more to come (Oops! Hadn't intended that pun!) in the movies still. Hope they wearing something that hides wet patches. Lol!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/07/2015 04:41 PM, Jaro_423 said:
Wonderful exchange again but so good on the clothes thing. I like that Nelson is not that way and needed help as this made way for such fun in the shops! And in the change rooms! Lol! I wondered if you were going to get too carried away at one point! Lol! But I love your restraint too. You really building us up for a hot scene ahead - hope you practicing for that! Lol! And so much more to come (Oops! Hadn't intended that pun!) in the movies still. Hope they wearing something that hides wet patches. Lol!
Thanks Jaro, that sure caused plenty of lols, which I take as a compliment.

Yes, I did almost get carried away in the changing room scene, but the thought of Rob barging in restained me. I'd never have lived down the :facepalm: of that !

I'll have to find a way to get Eric and Nelson on their own. Hot :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I hate shopping - for clothes, not for food. My favorite colors are black, blue and deep purple. But I love watching other people buying clothes. And I love seeing others in nice colors, even the Easter egg variety. LOL Your writing was as if I'd been there. Thanks, Tim. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/10/2015 01:12 AM, aditus said:
I hate shopping - for clothes, not for food. My favorite colors are black, blue and deep purple. But I love watching other people buying clothes. And I love seeing others in nice colors, even the Easter egg variety. LOL Your writing was as if I'd been there. Thanks, Tim. :)
I agree with you and Nelson, buying clothes is boooring - now books on the other hand :D

Glad the scene lived in your head - and that you're catching up on the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/24/2015 at 7:55 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

mmm, doughnuts....now you made me hungry :P

 

Love the way their intimacy is growing. :heart:

LOL. donuts twice in one day is OK with you too?

Glad you don't think they are getting intimate too fast.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Eric & Rob are Winters? (Color palate)

 

I thought about mentioning this in the last chapter, but I got distracted and forgot. In the US, we have Sales Associates (we used to have Sales Clerks, but Associates sounded less demeaning or something). Sales Assistants work in the UK where they say passive-aggressive things like, "That will be £6, thank you." In the US, we'd be more likely to hear, "That will be $10, please."

 

I'm sure the Cardmaker would know all about that, but he seems to have gone into hibernation for a very long nap with a certain Viking. Maybe a young Dane can wake them up by crawling into bed with them soon…

Link to comment
On 01/10/2017 11:11 PM, droughtquake said:

Eric & Rob are Winters? (Color palate)

 

I thought about mentioning this in the last chapter, but I got distracted and forgot. In the US, we have Sales Associates (we used to have Sales Clerks, but Associates sounded less demeaning or something). Sales Assistants work in the UK where they say passive-aggressive things like, "That will be £6, thank you." In the US, we'd be more likely to hear, "That will be $10, please."

 

I'm sure the Cardmaker would know all about that, but he seems to have gone into hibernation for a very long nap with a certain Viking. Maybe a young Dane can wake them up by crawling into bed with them soon…

Yeah, I guess the are in the Winter color palette with cold and deep colors, same as me.

I often mix up British and American terms. AC tries to catch them all, but sometimes I slip one by him. :lol:

Good idea about waking Patrick and Peter up. I just need to get a CC twins chapter off to my editors and then I can tackle my third story. ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

“Well, how many dates are you going on, you know, before you seal the deal?” Rob asked with wide, innocent eyes.

 

“What do you mean, how many dates…” Nelson began, before he suddenly turned bright red and stopped talking.

 

“Hmm, Rob has a point, you know…” Jasper patted his shoulder. “I made sure to dress well for my dates with Carolyn, and I’m certain it helped. She commented on my excellent taste several times – including my CK briefs.”

 

- Just about died laughing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/11/2017 at 6:00 AM, Thirdly said:

- Just about died laughing.

 

Well, I'm grateful you didn't die, because I'd miss your wonderful comments.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..