Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,003 Words
  • 3,249 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 7. Prompt 328 You expect me to believe that? (I)

Somehow, brothers know exactly how to wind each other up.
A shared Rob and Eric POV chapter

“You expect me to believe that?”

Rob shook his head at his younger brother, who tried to look innocent.

“You send me a text saying you don’t need a lift home. When I ask Tony, he said you didn’t go with him and Maria. Mom says you got dropped off by a redhead in a blue pickup. And you’ve been smiling all evening and not paying any attention to people around you. And yet, when I ask if anything happened at school today you say ‘nothing important’ and expect me to believe it! Now spill the beans!”

Eric blushed and motioned Rob to come inside his room before he shut the door. He had headed upstairs, even though it was only 9.30 on a Friday night, and his brother had cornered him and demanded to be told what was going on.

“Ehm, I guess I lied when I said nothing important happened. Except it was more than important, it was sort of miraculous.”

Rob smirked and threw himself on Eric’s double bed. “And did it by any chance involve a certain dark-haired junior called Nelson? Who happens to have a red-haired friend with a blue pick-up?”

Eric shrugged. “OK, OK, Jasper and Nelson dropped me off before going home, so what?” He sat down on the bed next to Rob and leaned back against the wall, enjoying this chance to wind his brother up a bit.

“Yes, Eric. I figured that out for myself, thank you. I’m not totally dumb, even if you’re the smart nerd around here. I want to know what happened before that.” Rob punctuated his demand with a punch on Eric's arm.

“Well, ehm, to cut a long story short, I asked Nelson to be my boyfriend and he agreed,” Eric said with the grimace of somebody ripping off a Band-Aid and enduring the pain quickly rather than drawing it out.

“WHAT ?!”

“You heard me.” Eric smirked, and Rob sat up and caught his brother in a monster hug. He squeezed until Eric managed to poke him in the side and wheeze, “Let go, you lout, I’m suffocating.”

Rob released his younger sibling, only to slap his shoulder and tousle his hair. Rob wore a huge grin on his face, as he bounced on the bed like a five-year-old.

“Way to go, dude. I’m so proud of you! Woo-hoo, my baby brother has a sweetheart!”

Of course, this was the moment their mom opened the door. They’d probably missed her knocking, and she stood there with a pile of clean clothes and a surprised look on her face.

Eric smacked his loud-mouthed brother on the back of the head and wished he were miles away. Even if he had just come out to his parents, nothing had been said of any potential or actual boyfriends.

He got up and went over to take the clothes, “Thanks, Mom.”

“Next time, please remember to bring up your clean stuff from the laundry room when you take your washing down. And that goes for you too, Rob. Your baseball gear is everywhere.”

“OK, mom.” Rob actually sounded contrite, but Eric wasn’t sure whether it was for blurting out stuff or for being lazy.

She reached out to pat Eric’s cheek gently and smiled, “I’ll leave you two to your talk, then.” And she winked and closed the door.

Eric groaned in dismay. Mom had winked at him and pretended she wasn’t consumed with curiosity over the ‘significant other’ subject. But he knew she would soon be putting him through a kind, but thorough, third degree. The way Rob had been grilled when he started dating Melanie. At the time Eric had been amused, but now he suddenly knew why Rob had squirmed during that meal.

“Oops, sorry about that, bro. Anyway, tell me how you managed to snag Nelson.” Eric rolled his eyes at Rob’s choice of words, but relented.

“Well, I wanted to talk to Ms. Neall. I caught her back stage as the lunch break started. She said she had to meet Nelson in the rehearsal room, so I tagged along. When she left, I told Nelson I liked him and wanted us to be boyfriends. He agreed.”

“Just like that?!” Rob stared at his younger brother in disbelief.

“Yes, did you expect him to say no?”

“No, I mean did you just come straight out and ask him?”

“Yes Rob. I thought that was the whole point of all your efforts; to have me and Nelson go on a date. Well, congratulations, you’ve achieved your goal, so you can stop pushing.”

“OK, OK, relax. But what happened after he said yes?”

“What do you mean?” Eric tried to pretend he was confused.

“Well, did you cuddle him? Make out? Something fun?!” Rob leered at Eric, who scowled at his nosy brother.

“No, I didn’t make out with him, you crude jerk.“

“You expect me to believe that?”

Eric couldn’t help blushing. “Ehm, well, we did kiss. Once. Briefly. And he hugged me when we met up after school.”

“So, what was it like?”

“Nice.” Eric wasn’t going to admit to the instant reaction that the quick kiss and the two hugs had caused him. But he’d gone up to bed early to relive those moments in his imagination and deal with the inevitable result. Speaking of which…

“Now, if you don’t mind, Rob, I’m tired. So…” He went over and opened the door.

“Yeah, right. You’re just eager to call your hot boyfriend and indulge in a bit of...” Rob’s suggestive hand movement made his meaning clear.

“Fuck no! We’re going out on a date tomorrow, so I’m just going to bed early. Now get out!”

Rob’s teasing laughter and the taunting repeat of “You expect me to believe that?” made Eric fume as he slammed the door behind his annoying older brother. But ten minutes later, the memory of his first kiss and Nelson’s soft lips had him excited in quite a different manner.

To all the Rob fans: I hope you enjoyed the antics. :lol:
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/02/2014 07:02 PM, Carlos Hazday said:
I'm with John on this one, Team Rob all the way!
Glad you approve, I had so much fun writing this chapter. And we're not done with Rob yet!
Link to comment
On 11/02/2014 08:26 PM, aditus said:
We should get t-shirts!

Nice one Tim!

Please design one and display it in the forum - I'd love to see that.
Link to comment

Gotta love Rob's bull-in-a-china-shop approach to things! Makes me wish I had gorwn up with an older brother.

I don't know which to look forward to more, the date with Nelson, or the interrogation by Eric's mom! If Nelson actually comes in to get Eric, I wonder if she'll start in on him? :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/02/2014 10:18 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
Gotta love Rob's bull-in-a-china-shop approach to things! Makes me wish I had gorwn up with an older brother.

I don't know which to look forward to more, the date with Nelson, or the interrogation by Eric's mom! If Nelson actually comes in to get Eric, I wonder if she'll start in on him? :)

I guess that means we have another Team Rob member?

I'll do my best to fulfill both wishes, but I think Eric will probably avoid the last one if he can.

Link to comment

Ahhhh Rob!! The king of discretion...not. The big adorable bull in the china shop is back with one foot in mouth. I loved this...the genuine concern and happiness for his brother and the interest in what they did...I think he wanted gory details...sounds gay to me lol. Great chapter Tim. Team Rob kicks ass!! Well done....cheers...Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/03/2014 02:59 AM, Headstall said:
Ahhhh Rob!! The king of discretion...not. The big adorable bull in the china shop is back with one foot in mouth. I loved this...the genuine concern and happiness for his brother and the interest in what they did...I think he wanted gory details...sounds gay to me lol. Great chapter Tim. Team Rob kicks ass!! Well done....cheers...Gary
Well, what can I do with Team Rob cheering him on? It's hard to resist when he's so much fun, and you leave nice reviews for me.
Link to comment

“Just like that?!” Rob asked.

Yep, just like that - after MONTHS (or what seems like months) of dithering drama. This is a super cute chapter that had me laughing almost every time Rob opened his loutish mouth to speak, although Eric seemed to be impervious to the fact that everything his brother told him was sweet and considerate.

I hope by going to bed early, Eric and Nelson plan on an all-day Saturday outing. Say a picnic..?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/03/2014 04:58 AM, AC Benus said:
“Just like that?!” Rob asked.

Yep, just like that - after MONTHS (or what seems like months) of dithering drama. This is a super cute chapter that had me laughing almost every time Rob opened his loutish mouth to speak, although Eric seemed to be impervious to the fact that everything his brother told him was sweet and considerate.

I hope by going to bed early, Eric and Nelson plan on an all-day Saturday outing. Say a picnic..?

Aren't you glad I spared you the months of drama? lol You've only known these guys for five days.

Yes, I do believe Eric and Nelson have planned a whole day together. They want to catch up on lost time.

Link to comment

Rob has a big mouth, but he clearly cares very much about his brother and means well....it just doesn´t work like that all the time :*)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/03/2014 06:34 AM, Suvitar said:
Rob has a big mouth, but he clearly cares very much about his brother and means well....it just doesn´t work like that all the time :*)
Eric will probably forgive Rob once he's been dating Nelson for a while and has gotten used to being out. I think Eric tends to take himself and life a bit too seriously (sort of like me), so he needs a brother to poke him and laugh.

At least Rob has a big heart to go with his mouth.

Link to comment

Ha Rob's big mouth strikes again :P Discrete that kid is not :lol: I think Eric might cheerfully strangle him one day. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/02/2015 10:34 PM, EagleIsaac said:
Ha Rob's big mouth strikes again :P Discrete that kid is not :lol: I think Eric might cheerfully strangle him one day. :lol:
Glad it made you laugh too. Do we have another Team Rob member?

I think Eric has considered the idea once or twice. :lol: and there's worse to come...

Link to comment

Oh, Eric is nicer than me. I would have wound Rob up in answer to his question about what they had done after Nelson said yes, by saying something like, "Well we did :X but that's private..." then I'd have kicked him out still asking more questions.

 

As for letting their Mom find out, well they both should have been paying more attention so Rob shouldn't get the sole blame for that one. Maybe 70/30. ;)

 

Great chapter :yes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/23/2015 09:20 PM, Caz Pedroso said:

Oh, Eric is nicer than me. I would have wound Rob up in answer to his question about what they had done after Nelson said yes, by saying something like, "Well we did :X but that's private..." then I'd have kicked him out still asking more questions.

 

As for letting their Mom find out, well they both should have been paying more attention so Rob shouldn't get the sole blame for that one. Maybe 70/30. ;)

 

Great chapter :yes:

Maybe Eric felt Rob deserved to know, since he did after all get the ball rolling. Or perhaps he just knew Rob would keep nagging, lol.

At least Eric doesn't have to worry about breaking the news of his boyfriend too.

Link to comment

Rob released his younger sibling, only to slap his shoulder and tousle his hair. Rob wore a huge grin on his face, as he bounced on the bed like a five-year-old.

 

- Rob's such a kindhearted brother, wanting Eric to just be happy. I like how supportive he and their parents are. And, of course, mothers know everything.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/11/2017 09:55 AM, Thirdly said:

Rob released his younger sibling, only to slap his shoulder and tousle his hair. Rob wore a huge grin on his face, as he bounced on the bed like a five-year-old.

 

- Rob's such a kindhearted brother, wanting Eric to just be happy. I like how supportive he and their parents are. And, of course, mothers know everything.

Yeah, Rob is the older brother we all want - even if he does get a bit too much at times. He genuinely cares about Eric.

Yes, mothers do seem to know - but with a son like Rob it's difficult to avoid knowing. :rofl:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..