Jump to content
    Timothy M.
  • Author
  • 1,456 Words
  • 2,193 Views
  • 40 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy’s Terrible Prompt Stories - 55. Prompt 544 It’s time to bury the hatchet.

Rob on a mission. A Nelson POV chapter

“It’s time to bury the hatchet.” Rob’s voice was low but firm.

Jasper gave me a small jab with his elbow, and we shared a quick grin. The blond Perry brothers had marched straight up to Ryan, who tried to look unconcerned as he sipped his morning coffee. The café had its usual crowd of early Monday morning coffee-buyers, but since there had been no baseball game over the weekend, none of the players were present. However, Rob knew Ryan would be there, because his dad dropped him off early every morning on his way to work.

Eric had been convinced by Rob that they needed to take the initiative. Now that Chris was gone from the team, Rob wanted everyone else to move on and forget the fight. But Ryan would have to get used to Eric and me being around. Eric said he was reluctant but could see Rob’s point. It was a good test of his ability to deal with issues which he might face as GSA president. I was happy to lend my support, and Jasper didn’t even complain about having to get up half an hour early. I think he likes to be Sir Rob’s squire.

“I’m not the one on a war path, home-run boy. But since Coach thinks you can do nothing wrong…” Ryan shrugged without finishing his sentence and took another sip of his coffee.

“The baseball team needs you, Ryan,” my boyfriend told him. “I’ve looked at the statistics for the past year, and you’ve executed more double plays than anyone else. You may not hit many home runs, but your sacrifice bunt is wicked.”

Ryan shrugged again but we could all see he was flattered by Eric’s praise. “It goes with my place in the lineup.”

Jasper shook his head. “No, you’ve earned that place by your abilities to bunt and base run. Not everyone can reach first base on an infield hit, and you steal bases regularly, too.”

“Maybe, but what’s the point of you telling me this?”

Rob pulled out a chair and sat next to Ryan. “The point is no one gives a shit about Chris dropping out, but you’re important to our game.”

Jazz casually slid into the seat across from Ryan. “You’re too clever to believe the dumb shit Melanie and her cousin say, so why do you really give a fuck about Nelson and Eric?”

I turned away to walk up to the counter, hoping the teammates would find a way to bury that hatchet for good. Ryan didn’t have to change his mind about Eric and me as a couple; he just had to keep his mouth shut for everyone to get along.

When I got back with our drinks, Jazz and Ryan were discussing the upcoming baseball game against a team they expected to be an easy win. Jasper was hoping to get an inning or two as relief pitcher, since his wrist wouldn’t be up to the strain of being the starter. Rob was leaning back with a satisfied smile on his face and my attentive boyfriend jumped up to help me.

“Here you go, Jazz,” I said and placed his double latté in front of him. My best friend waved his thanks distractedly, but that was OK. I knew the matter had been settled from the way he and Ryan were trading fake insults about each other’s skill.

Eric slid Rob’s cup across the table. “See you later, bro.”

He simply nodded, but when Eric reached out and grabbed my hand, Rob’s grin got wider. I had our hot chocolates in a carrier in my other hand and we turned and made our way out of the café.

“It looked like the problem has been resolved,” I remarked, and Eric nodded.

“Yeah, now we understand where Ryan is coming from. Even better, it means Rob won’t pressure us to join him at café team-meetings.”

I waited for him to continue but he simply kept walking. When I glanced sideways there was a tiny smirk on his lips. I jostled him with my shoulder.

“Come on, out with it!”

“What?” Innocent blue eyes twinkled at me, and I growled.

“You’re as bad a tease as Jazz.”

“But at least I’m not as bad as Rob.”

I simply raised my eyebrows at him and let go of his hand. Taking one of the cups from the carrier I gave it to him and held my own with one hand while stuffing the empty carrier into a bin.

“Ryan told us a story, but we promised we wouldn’t tell anyone else. It’s more sad than bad, but I can see why he doesn’t want it to spread around.”

“OK, I promise as well.” I took a sip of my hot chocolate, guessing Ryan would have assumed Eric might tell me.

“When he was about seven, he saw his sixteen-year-old cousin kiss another teen boy. He accidentally outed both of them the next day, and apparently the fall-out was bad. It’s such a painful memory he can’t stand to see other boys kissing, because it reminds him of what everyone had to go through.”

“Oh no, that’s awful. What happened to his cousin?”

“I think it was the other boy’s parents who were the main problem, but Ryan’s cousin hasn’t forgiven him yet. Or at least that was the impression I got. He didn’t go into much detail.”

“But he was just a kid,” I exclaimed, suddenly feeling sorry for the brash guy who apparently hid a vulnerable interior behind bluster and scowls.

Eric shrugged. “It’s not something we can do anything about, apart from helping him get over his issues with PDA.”

“Maybe simply telling someone his story will help. I bet it’s a real sore subject in his family; the kind of touchy memory no one talks about. So he never gained any perspective.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean, although we don’t really have any taboo family secrets that I know of.”

I started laughing. “Not with Rob around, I imagine.”

“No, he hates secrets and he’s too honest to keep any himself. So, can I hold your hand again, now?”

He shifted his cup to his left hand and held his right hand out to me. I couldn’t resist the entreaty in his eyes and entwined my fingers with his.

We walked into the school and made our way to the costume room. We had finished assembling the boxes of props and costumes, but I made sure to take out a few bits and pieces which needed fixing up. Eric had his script out, so he could pretend to memorize his role. Actually, he was already mostly word perfect, since I had helped him during the weekend. I read out the other roles and helped him get the intonations and gestures right as specified in the manuscript. If the drama teacher showed up, we could quickly fall into the same pattern.

“This has been the best two weeks of my life.”

Once again my boyfriend amazed me with his ability to say or do the unexpected. He wasn’t being mushy, but calmly stated the fact as if he had calculated everything the way he did those baseball statistics.

“I’m not just talking about us being boyfriends, or the night we spent together.”

“I know what you mean. I’m feeling happy and confident too.” My mom had commented on my improved state of mind, saying she liked seeing me smile more. One of my teachers had even mentioned my recent essay had an unusually positive outlook.

“But I have to admit Friday night was special.”

Eric embraced me and something hard poked me on the hip as he nuzzled into my hair.

“Mmm, you smell nice. Makes me want to lick you, eat you, swallow you. Like the other night.”

“Eric!” Now I had major problems with my tight jeans as my dick fought to get out there and collect on the promise.

“When can we spend the night together again?” His blue eyes were filled with longing, and I gulped. He had been an enthusiastic lover, both giving and receiving, but the best part had been lying in each other’s arms afterwards, sated and happy and convinced we were perfect for each other. His warm body close to mine reminded me of every delightful moment.

The words fell out of my mouth. “You could come home with me tomorrow. Even if you can’t spend the night, we can still....”

“Yes, please.” Our kiss was chocolate-flavored and hot enough to make my knees shake. I’m so grateful no one discovered us. And for once I’m also grateful of short teen fuses. Jeez, that mouth….

:thankyou:  to AC Benus for another fast and helpful edit. Happy New Year
Copyright © 2017 Timothy M.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Hot ! Hot ! Hot ! (implied hotness for Friday night)

 

I'm actually glad that things have been left unsaid / to our imagination ... Nelson and Eric are both young teenagers and this older person (me) really shouldn't be perving on their ... er ... anything ... :facepalm:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Good for Rob to bury the hatchet. Sometimes people have reasons for their behavior, if you're able to step back from the emotion and willing to find out what that reason might be. Granted, that reason might be because the person is just a jerk, but sometimes, as is the case here, there are painful memories spurring the reaction. Now that it is out in the open at least the boys can help him get past it.
Oh and great use of private rehearsal time ;) I knew Eric's enthusiasm would wear down Nelson's resolve. There is only so much of a hot, willing partner a guy can take. :P The fact that they care so much about each other only makes using restraint that much harder.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

:D

 

Burying the hatchet was necessary. All this tension concerning Eric and Nel- well, anything gay, really- isn't great for team moral and cohesion. The team was left with two options, kick off Ryan or work things out.

 

I'm glad, Rob & Co chose the latter. Ryan sounds like a great player, so it'd be a shame for the baseball team to lose him. And, overall, he sounds like a great guy.

 

Thanks Tim, for this great chapter! :hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 05:35 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

That mouth what???? 0:) He didn't finish the thought....

 

Great chapter as always

 

:hug:

LOL, Caz, I'm sure you can finish that sentence in so many exciting ways. :gikkle:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 05:54 AM, hohochan657 said:

Hot ! Hot ! Hot ! (implied hotness for Friday night)

 

I'm actually glad that things have been left unsaid / to our imagination ... Nelson and Eric are both young teenagers and this older person (me) really shouldn't be perving on their ... er ... anything ... :facepalm:

LOL, you all seem determined to make me laugh. I'm glad you found it hot in an understated way. I'll have to get back to those older guys we can perv on without :*)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 05:59 AM, LitLover said:

Good for Rob to bury the hatchet. Sometimes people have reasons for their behavior, if you're able to step back from the emotion and willing to find out what that reason might be. Granted, that reason might be because the person is just a jerk, but sometimes, as is the case here, there are painful memories spurring the reaction. Now that it is out in the open at least the boys can help him get past it.

Oh and great use of private rehearsal time ;) I knew Eric's enthusiasm would wear down Nelson's resolve. There is only so much of a hot, willing partner a guy can take. :P The fact that they care so much about each other only makes using restraint that much harder.

LOL, yeah, there was no way Nelson would withstand the earnest efforts of Eric for long. He's as stubborn as Rob in some ways, and quite daring too.

Ryan's behavior was a bit of a mystery to Rob, and he's not one to give up until he's solved it. I have the feeling he and Jazz will continue to help Ryan - who might benefit from a chat with Mr Perry.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 06:27 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

:D

 

Burying the hatchet was necessary. All this tension concerning Eric and Nel- well, anything gay, really- isn't great for team moral and cohesion. The team was left with two options, kick off Ryan or work things out.

 

I'm glad, Rob & Co chose the latter. Ryan sounds like a great player, so it'd be a shame for the baseball team to lose him. And, overall, he sounds like a great guy.

 

Thanks Tim, for this great chapter! :hug:

Ryan has his good sides, even if he has a few rough edges. He probably suffers from a lack of attention from his parents, who should have made sure their kid had dealt with the aftermath of a rather explosive situation. But Rob and Jazz will do their best.

Glad you like the chapter. :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 09:04 AM, JohnAR said:

So what about Rob's date? ;-) Can't have him being too much a saint.

LOL, don't worry, I'll find something suitably Rob-like. :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Naughty boys! Or...? LOL

 

Good that they cleared the air. No need to go around holding grudges unnecessarily.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 10:24 AM, Puppilull said:

Naughty boys! Or...? LOL

 

Good that they cleared the air. No need to go around holding grudges unnecessarily.

LOL, yes, very naughty boys. Once you find out how good it feels, it's even harder to resist temptation.

Rob's not the kind of guy to hold grudges, and I think Ryan will be OK from now on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 10:55 AM, dughlas said:

Rob behaving well and Eric being naughty ...

LOL, dugh, I hadn't thought about it that way, but you're absolutely right. Oh well, Rob is sure to revert to typical Rob-like behavior soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You had me worried for a bit, min ven...cutting away from Rob and Ryan's conversation at the crucial point had me on the edge of my seat--and wondering if I should take my blood pressure pill early. :)

 

I'm glad Ryan's attitude stems from an unwitting event he caused with his cousin, rather than some truly terrible thing which involved him personally being hurt physically. It also points up how sensitive he is if he's still hurting about the rift between him and his cousin after a decade--it makes us want to see him come around to be more like his true nature. With Rob and Jasper as role models, I think he'll be in good hands now. (I just cant call Jasper 'Jazz'--with my attraction to red-heads, I often read it as 'Jizz'). I hope you know that American bit of slang! :facepalm::X

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/30/2016 11:16 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

You had me worried for a bit, min ven...cutting away from Rob and Ryan's conversation at the crucial point had me on the edge of my seat--and wondering if I should take my blood pressure pill early. :)

 

I'm glad Ryan's attitude stems from an unwitting event he caused with his cousin, rather than some truly terrible thing which involved him personally being hurt physically. It also points up how sensitive he is if he's still hurting about the rift between him and his cousin after a decade--it makes us want to see him come around to be more like his true nature. With Rob and Jasper as role models, I think he'll be in good hands now. (I just cant call Jasper 'Jazz'--with my attraction to red-heads, I often read it as 'Jizz'). I hope you know that American bit of slang! :facepalm::X

LOL, CG, I do indeed know that particular slang word and I'm always extra careful not to write it by mistake when talking about Jasper. I'm sure he would be able to handle any teasing, though.

Sorry about giving you heart palpitations (not ;) ), it wasn't intentional, and I was more worried about Team Rob growling about missing out on Rob time. :lol:

Good points about Ryan, I'll keep in mind you want to know more about him. Maybe a spin-off story one day? I think he hero-worshipped his cousin a bit, and no one helped them deal with the breach.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sorry but have i missed a chapter,no mention at all of the night of the night of the the date,i have waited 55 blooming chapters for the BIG scene,not one word????,i fully expected a blow by blow (lol) account of there first night together but ended up with zilch not a word.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 04:44 AM, bubby1234 said:

Sorry but have i missed a chapter,no mention at all of the night of the night of the the date,i have waited 55 blooming chapters for the BIG scene,not one word????,i fully expected a blow by blow (lol) account of there first night together but ended up with zilch not a word.

LOL, bubby, sorry about that. If you check out post 1496 in my forum story discussion topic, you'll see why: "And yes, I know I didn't finish Eric and Nelson's date, but this prompt called for Rob."

I'll try to make it up to you later - but I'm sure your imagination is better than anything I can come up with.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter, Tim. And yeah, what dugh said :) . Makes sense that that memory would deeply affect Ryan. Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 11:57 AM, Headstall said:

Another great chapter, Tim. And yeah, what dugh said :) . Makes sense that that memory would deeply affect Ryan. Cheers... Gary....

Thanks, Gary, I'm glad you liked it. Yeah, dugh had a very good point. But Eric's been the good little brother for so long, perhaps it's time for him to have some fun. :P

Poor Ryan, if only his parents had seen what you do. :no: No one has helped him deal with the situation, so his feelings of guilt have been blown all out of proportion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Ryan's behavior was a bit of a mystery to Rob, and he's not one to give up until he's solved it. I have the feeling he and Jazz will continue to help Ryan - who might benefit from a chat with Mr Perry.

Another potential GSA recruit?

 

And that ups my count to three spinoffs! ;-)

(I just can't call Jasper 'Jazz'--with my attraction to red-heads, I often read it as 'Jizz'). I hope you know that American bit of slang!

A Gay musical friend of mine used to get confused about the name of Iomega’s larger capacity companion to their Zip Drive from the mid-‘90s: the Jaz Drive. He kept calling it the Jiz Drive – he wondered why Iomega would choose a name like that!
Link to comment

The motivation to help others get over their issues is a noble one. It's nice to see Rob lead the charge of being the bigger men. I guess we'll see what they really can do to get Ryan over his hump.

 

Great chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/02/2017 10:04 AM, AC Benus said:

The motivation to help others get over their issues is a noble one. It's nice to see Rob lead the charge of being the bigger men. I guess we'll see what they really can do to get Ryan over his hump.

 

Great chapter.

Thanks, AC. Rob does have a great role model in his dad, who is a psychologist working with troubled teens / college students. Rob is also blessed with the urge to figure out secrets, mainly in order to help or understand motivations of people, but of course also to influence them. He can be motivated by noble intentions, but also personal gain - in this case for the team and for Eric. He wants nothing to disrupt Eric's happiness, and if Ryan benefits too, so much the better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..