Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,013 Words
  • 888 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Egaran Stars - 5. Reinard- The Signing

"I think that's enough for today," Pasiphaë said.

The Faro turned off the camera, the tablet next to it full of video he had been recording. Reinard let out a yawn as Pasiphaë picked up the tablet. Six hours of training was rough, especially since he had no real idea what he was doing. He was learning quickly, but his head hurt now.

"It's a good start," Pasiphaë mentioned neutrally. "But you'll need to work on your aim a bit more. We want to focus on the groin, not avoid it."

"Right… sorry," Reinard said quietly.

He had just spent hours working with inflatable dolls, working on getting over the fact that their privates were on display rather prominently. And yet the Egaro wanted more from him. He wasn't sure he could deliver.

"You did good though, for your first time. And most of our filming lasts anywhere from a minute to ten minutes, so your arms will have a chance to rest. A little more work, and you'll be almost as good as me. If you are still interested in working here, of course."

The Faro nodded quickly, not wanting to lose this chance at a job, however unsuited he seemed to be for this line of work.

"Great. Now, you'll be earning the Alliance minimum salary, which comes out to seven hundred a month. Rent on the house on Neko Island is two hundred, and is already calculated into your pay, so you really have the full seven hundred for food and whatever else you want or need."

Reinard nodded his understanding, fighting back another yawn. The fox wondered if he could just deal with the rest of this later. He doubted it though.

"Okay then, why don't you head to Themis' room? She's probably got all of your papers in order by now."

Pasiphaë guided the fox out of the room, leading him through the building. A loud moan sounded through a door and the Faro flinched. There was so much sex here. Of course there was, it was a part time brothel. He still needed to wrap his head around that. People could just… show up, and have sex… and then never see each other again. It was disturbing.

"Might I suggest you watch some videos tonight? You certainly wouldn't want to jump like that while filming," Pasiphaë chuckled. "The camera bouncing around does not help the actors look their best."

"Yeah… um… what videos should I watch?"

"Oh, well, I recommend The Gaia Flyers. It's an old classic from… what, almost two hundred years ago. It's not sex focused, but it does show Egarans having sex."

"Two hundred years?!"

He wasn't sure why he was surprised. Faro lived that long, though most of them were retired by a hundred. Of course, his clan was lucky to reach fifty years old, though that was more political than anything. Finding a younger being who enjoyed movies probably from his great-segal's time shouldn't be that shocking to the Faro.

"Yeah, I like the older films. Though you're bunking with Galen, right? Maybe he'll have some better suggestions for you."

"I'll… uh, I'll ask him," Reinard nodded as they entered the office.

"There you are!" Themis beamed. "I thought Pasiphaë ate you for a while there."

"Nah, too much fur," the other Egaro waved off. "I'll see you tomorrow and we'll continue your training, okay Reinard?"

"Yeah, see you then," Reinard agreed, looking around.

He found Galen staring at a screen, the tiger wearing an audio-band around his head. There was an enraptured look on his face, his hand twitching rather close to his lap. Reinard was almost afraid the tiger was about to start playing with himself right there.

"Don't mind him; he's just doing some research," Themis waved off. "I have a few papers I need you to sign if you've decided to stay."

Reinard nodded, his eyes moving back to Themis and the sheaf of papers. He picked up a pen, twirling it slowly between his fingers.

"Okay, but I'm not signing away my freedoms, right?"

"Oh no, Egara got rid of slavery centuries ago," Themis replied. "You have nothing to fear from that. This is just saying that you agree to work here for seven hundred credits a month, your rent is to be paid by the company, you are at least fifteen years of age, and a disclaimer notice that nothing you put out may be sent off planet as you are still underage by Alliance standards. It's all standard stuff for an Egaran company."

"I don't get that. Isn't Galen a kid? Why is he-"

"He is not a kid by Egaran standards though. And neither are you. The Alliance lets us all alone honestly, as long as we don't force our views on other worlds. I suggest you keep that in mind."

"But… Faro don't fully mature until we're twenty…"

"You seem pretty mature to me," Themis shrugged. "Look, you know what sex is, right?"

"Yes…"

"You know about consent?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then as long as you can knowingly, and willingly, consent, you are allowed to work here. And working here does not mean you will have sex."

Reinard frowned, but dropped the matter. He needed the money and at least here, he knew Themis wouldn't let anything bad happen to him.

He scrawled out a signature on the papers, Themis tucking them away.

"What if I can't do it?" the Faro asked.

"Well, you really should have asked before signing," the tiger frowned. "But we can let you go, should you not work out. You would be given three months pay, and assistance in finding a new job, both from the company and from myself. You shouldn't worry about that though; I'm certain you'll do great here."

Reinard wasn't so sure of that. But he was certainly going to put his all into this job. There was no way anyone would think to look for him here. It was the perfect cover. Hopefully here he would be allowed to live in peace.

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

So Reinard is actually in hiding from someone or someone's. It is an unlikely place to look for him.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Great place to work for Reinhard, especially as he is hiding from someone. That's probably the last place they would expect to find him.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..