Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,003 Words
  • 1,053 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Egaran Stars - 65. Reinard- The Pain of Abandonment

“Are you sure you want to do this?”

Reinard shrugged helplessly, staring at his feet. His suitcase was packed beside him, the fox almost insulted at how fast Galen had packed it. As though the Egaro couldn’t wait to get rid of him. The tiger himself was missing, their goodbyes already said.

Themis leaned against the door, not taking a step into the house. It was some weird tiger thing. Supposedly if she didn’t step into the house she wouldn’t have to eat Galen’s food. Reinard didn’t understand it at all.

“Look, I’m not going to be mad if you say no Reinard. Yes, I came all this way for you. I’d do it again,” the tigress said gently. “I don’t exactly know how you’re feeling, but I can promise I will get you through this, whether you want to stay here or not. From what I’ve heard, you’re going to want to cuddle with Galen a lot over the next few months.”

“I… I need to know if this is just because we’re bonded or not,” Reinard whispered.

“Okay, let me ask you something Reinard. If this is because the two of you fucked, would it be any different than if you had natural feelings for Galen? I understand you need a moment to think, to get away. Trust me, I get it. But don’t block him out, okay?”

Themis motioned out toward a waiting boat, lifting the small suitcase easily.

“Come on, let’s get you out of here for the night.”

Reinard followed her slowly, making sure the door was locked behind him. The sky reflected his mood with dark clouds, threatening rain even as it shone with the lights of the islands around them. It gave the world an angry look, a bright red glow to the air around them.

They slid into the back of the boat, Themis paying the tiger up front. Before he knew it, Reinard was bouncing in the boat, grimacing as his body protested the rough treatment.

“We’re about half an hour from my place,” Themis said, holding onto a handle by the door. “I know it’s not as wonderful as the roads of Athalea, but you don’t want to know how many times roads have been attempted, only to be washed away by the rains here. Stars, even the pedestrian bridges get torn away sometimes.”

Reinard grunted, fingers clenching his seat as he bounced. This wasn’t helping his stomach at all, and every landing made his tailhole scream from Galen’s earlier abuse. Even worse was the sense of loss, his heart pining for the Egaro he was leaving behind. Why was he doing this again? It felt so wrong… he was supposed to love his Bonded, to be by his side always. Not abandon him to live alone.

Several times he was so close to telling the driver to turn around, take him home, but Reinard forced it down, retreating into a small ball as the boat rolled through the ocean waves. Themis watched him silently, letting the Faro work through his emotions.

Finally the boat bumped against a pier, the tiger uncoiling from her seat. Reinard followed her from the boat, frowning at a drop of water hitting his head. Looking up, the Faro blinked as another drop hit his eye, Themis letting out a loud curse.

“Come on, let’s get inside before it hits,” she said, nudging him along ahead of her. “I hope you don’t mind, but Ryan’s spending the night too.”

Reinard shrugged, knowing that he’d probably be listening to the two fuck all night.

“You have your inhaler, right?”

“Does everyone know about that?”

Themis sighed, looking at him pointedly as they reached an apartment complex. Reinard pulled the inhaler from his robes, showing it to her before stuffing it back into his clothing.

“Yes, everyone knows. It’s a controlled substance. We don’t need anyone calling the authorities because they weren’t aware you were prescribed it,” Themis said, opening the door to a ground unit. “In you go.”

Reinard stepped into the apartment, taking in a small room with a couch and a screen. Ryan was laying across the couch, watching a couple of tigresses go at it on the screen.

“Turn that off Ryan,” Themis scowled, watching herself get fingered by Daphne.

“Why? It’s hot and we never got to finish,” the human protested. “You don’t mind, right Reinard?”

The Faro shrugged, turning away from the screen so he didn’t have to watch. It wasn’t like he could tell the man no. This wasn’t his house.

“I mind,” Themis grumbled, grabbing a remote. “You know I don’t like watching myself work.”

She led Reinard through the apartment, showing him a small guest room. The bed inside wasn’t big, but Reinard would still have to climb to reach it. Not that he didn’t have that problem wherever he went.

“Thanks for doing this Themis. Do… do you know if I can still use my nepáta while pregnant?” he asked.

“You should be able to, but if you’re worried, you can ask Noreen about it,” the tigress shrugged. “If you need extra towels, just ask. Give me about five minutes and I’ll have some food set out-”

“Don’t worry about feeding me,” Reinard said, even as his stomach grumbled loudly.

“Uh uh, none of that. If you’re eating for two, you need extra food,” Themis said sharply. “I’ll have it waiting in five minutes. Go ahead and make yourself comfortable.”

She left the room, and Reinard let out a loud sigh, climbing onto the bed. He fell back, letting his body sink into the soft mattress as he stared up at the white ceiling. This hurt more than he expected, a dull throbbing in his heart to match the one in his tailhole, and Reinard wondered again if he could actually do this. What was it Noreen had said? A life of loneliness wasn’t something they’d wish on their worst enemy? The Faro was starting to understand why.

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Sad 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh, Reinard... This chapter pulled some deep heartstrings. I so wished he followed his thoughts of having the boat turn around. Maybe Galen will have second thoughts and show up in the dead of night. 

Wonderfully written, Ye. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

Poor Reinard, I feel sorry for him at this moment in time. Hopefully Galen will change his mind and take his bonded back.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, astone2292 said:

Oh, Reinard... This chapter pulled some deep heartstrings. I so wished he followed his thoughts of having the boat turn around. Maybe Galen will have second thoughts and show up in the dead of night. 

Wonderfully written, Ye. 

The choices they've made are starting to add up. Turning around would have been so simple, and no one would have blamed him. But Reinard's stubbornness is not to be dismissed lightly. Even if Galen does show up, we have to wonder if Reinard would accept his intrusion on his self-forced loneliness.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

It won't be easy on either Galen or Reinard.  I think both of them will find the separation almost unbearable.  Working in the studio will create many awkward situations. I hope Themis and the studio can keep the pregnant Faro a secret. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..