Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,108 Words
  • 907 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Egaran Stars - 64. Galen- Loving Departure

Abortion. It was the first option that came to mind. But Galen bit his tongue, knowing that to even suggest such a thing would kill Reinard.

“No…” he sighed, shaking his head. “What the fuck am I going to do with you?”

He stood up, pacing the length of the room as he thought. Fuck, this mistake just kept piling up. How long was he going to pay for getting too horny?

“Is there any chance you’re wrong?” the tiger demanded.

“I don’t know. My Egaran is not the best…” Reinard admitted quietly. “But two lines is good, right?”

“Depends on who you ask.”

“Well… I mean, it means I got what I want. So I guess you’re free to go whenever.”

Galen stopped his pacing, looking at the Faro leaning against the wall. Ears down, tail drooping, the fox looked downright pathetic.

“But if I left, where would I find someone to provide me my daily neutering threat?”

There was the slightest hint of a smirk, Reinard shaking his head.

“I mean it, you know. Segal raised me on his own, and I’m sure I can do the same with my kit.”

“Until you realize they’re part Egaro,” Galen pointed out. “It takes a village to raise us properly. Which might be one of the reasons we’re so free with our love, to cast a wide net for our cubs to swim in. Of course, if you don’t want me here, I would never force you to live with me. Cassie should be done with her heat in just a few days.”

“I… I don’t know,” Reinard muttered. “I really don’t know. Every part of me wants to curl up against you, make you hold me and love me.”

“But?” Galen asked, knowing there was more to it than that.

“I don’t know,” Reinard reiterated. “I do not know.”

“Okay, well, I doubt the Xanar is in, but the tiger is, so fire away,” Galen said, sitting on the couch. “Come on, talk me through this one.”

He patted his lap, and the fox reluctantly crawled into it. A hand wrapped around Reinard, Galen paying careful attention to where he let it settle, not wanting to hurt the Faro.

“I love you. At least, I think this is love. You are infuriating, you piss me off almost every day, but I couldn’t imagine ever living without you.”

“Is it just because we fucked?”

Reinard shrugged silently, helplessly.

“Okay, now let me tell you what I feel. You are not someone I ever saw myself with. But ever since I met you, I was honestly drawn to you. Sure, when you called me a rapist, that made me want to throttle you, but hey, I sort of am one now, so I’ll give you that one,” Galen smirked.

“No you’re not. You’re my Egaro, my bonded,” Reinard said, curling up in the tiger’s arms. “You only did it because I wanted you to. It doesn’t count.”

“From what I’ve heard, you are going to be unsure for a while,” Galen added, gently stroking the fox. “Moody, hungry, angry, sad.”

“So, basically myself?”

Galen chuckled quietly.

“What i’m saying is, maybe don’t go making any rash decisions, okay? If you want me to leave, I’ll find an inn to sleep at. We don’t have to be together. If you want me to never see our cubs, that’s okay. But if you want me to stay here, to help you… Well, I never really wanted cubs, but maybe that will change when I see them. Either way, I want to help you.”

The fox shook in his arms, tears running over them both. Galen kissed the top of Reinard’s head, gently rocking him as he held onto the Faro.

“I love you Galen. But I think… I think I need to be alone for a bit.”

“Okay,” Galen nodded. “What do you want to do?”

“Can… Can I go stay with Themis for a bit?”

“Well, you should probably call her first, but I’m sure she’d be okay with that. As long as Ryan’s stopped trying to poison her with devilfish. Do you know if you’ll be back?”

Reinard shook his head silently, sliding out of Galen’s lap.

“I wasn’t supposed to come this far. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do now.”

“It’s okay Reinard. You have friends who love you and would do anything for you,” Galen said, standing up. “Why don’t I get the phone, and you can call Themis? Okay?”

The fox nodded, sitting against the couch again as his body clenched visibly.

“She’ll probably be better suited to help you anyway,” Galen added. “I don’t know how to help you feel better.”

“Just call her please,” Reinard murmured, closing his eyes.

Nodding, Galen headed to the bedroom, pulling out his phone as he grabbed the Faro’s suitcase. He began folding up the fox’s robes neatly, tucking the Nepáta inside as the phone rang.

“Geia Galen, what’s up?” Themis asked breathlessly through the phone.

“Hey, I didn’t catch you at the wrong time, did I?”

“Oh no, Ryan and I are just finishing… Is everything okay?”

“Er… not really. Reinard needs to come over for a bit.”

“What’s wrong? Hold on Ryan, I need to deal with this…”

There was a quiet groan through the phone, Galen rolling his eyes at the human’s frustration. He heard Themis bite back a moan, followed by a smack.

“Hey, I said hold on.”

“Fine…” the human pouted.

“What happened Galen?”

“We think he’s pregnant,” the Egaro said quietly. “I… I don’t know how to handle this, and I don’t think he does either. He didn’t exactly plan this out.”

“Already? Galen, I know you’re a hot virile stud, but it doesn’t work that fast.”

“No, I haven’t touched him… there… since we first had sex. He decided to spit out the pill the next morning.”

He heard Themis hiss, the tiger groaning quietly.

“Look, it will take a while before anything major happens-”

“No, it’s not that. He said he didn’t want to stay here any more.”

“Oh.”

There was a lot to unpackage in that one word. Shock, disappointment, frustration… Galen could feel it all pouring through the phone, an echo of his own feelings. As much as he hadn’t wanted a relationship with the Faro, now that he was in one, he didn’t want it to end.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes. Give me a second to deal with this brat.”

“Oh, tell Ryan thanks for me. He’ll know what for.”

“Will do. And Galen? Don’t let Reinard leave until I get there.”

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Things are not good with Reinard and Galen's relationship because of the pregnancy. Only time will tell if there relationship survives.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Nooooo 😭 they make an adorable couple now that they are opening up to each other, i hope they get back together quickly ❤️

  • Love 5
Link to comment

My heart's broken in so many places. It's beyond evident both love each other, but neither are adult enough to man up in this situation. I'm certain our cast from Damian's Wolf would be smacking these two until they grew some sense. Hopefully Themis can work her words into Reinard's head. 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

My heart's broken in so many places. It's beyond evident both love each other, but neither are adult enough to man up in this situation. I'm certain our cast from Damian's Wolf would be smacking these two until they grew some sense. Hopefully Themis can work her words into Reinard's head. 

Sometimes you need some space to sort yourself out. Hopefully it won't be too much space in this instance.

  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Hopefully Reinard just needs some space to work out his feelings and Galen can keep showing him the love that he has for him.

  • Love 4
Link to comment

What Reinard needs now is to know that Galen will be there for him and the kit/cub. Galen should at least make one more attempt to get Reinard to stay.  If Reinard goes, at least it might help Galen to get over his fear of commitment and see he need Reinard as much as Reinard needs him. A bit of a sad chapter, but hopefully the separation will be brief and help both guys gain some clarity.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..