Jump to content
    Yeoldebard
  • Author
  • 1,004 Words
  • 927 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Egaran Stars - 6. Galen- A Tiger's Rage

Galen set his tablet aside, removing his earband. He'd heard everything, the volume of the video low. And despite Iason's perfection in the video, Galen couldn't focus. He wasn't a child. Why would Reinard think that?

"I'm finished," he announced.

"Great," Themis said. "I have a few things to discuss with Pasiphaë. Why don't you head home and come back around eight Hephaestus time tomorrow morning."

The Egaro nodded, glancing at Reinard. He wasn't sure what the Faro's problem was, and he didn't expect to get to the bottom of it in one night. But Galen was determined to figure the fox out eventually.

"So… am I staying in the house, or will I be moving to the city proper once Cassandra is off her heat?" he asked.

"That is up to you honestly," Themis replied. "If the two of you get along, you're welcome to live together."

"And if I don't want to live with someone who might molest me in my sleep?" Reinard added.

"Are you saying I don't have self control?!"

Galen growled at the fox, his eyes burning in rage. To insinuate that he would rape the Faro… it was an attack on Galen himself.

"Hey!" Themis snapped. "Reinard, enough! We aren't out to fuck you and you need to get that out of your head. You are safer here than probably anywhere else in the galaxy."

"Well excuse me for not being very trusting," the Faro scowled.

"There is no excuse for what you just said. That was too far Reinard."

Galen just shook his head. He doubted the Faro cared.

"I'm going home. I'll see you at eight Themis," he said roughly, before leaving the room.

Calling a boat, the tiger got inside, still fuming. The door opened again behind him, Reinard crawling in.

"No point in wasting the money on another vehicle," the Faro grunted.

Galen ignored him, the boat pulling away from the pier. He was pissed, and at the moment, the tiger didn't know if he could go even a week living with this fox.

"Look, I'm sorry if I off-"

"I don't care."

He really didn't. That tinge of pain in his chest had nothing to do with Reinard's disapproval, his downright speciest views. The tiger grunted, watching islands breeze past, doing his best to ignore the fox.

"Okay, fine. You hate me, I don't understand you. We only have to deal with this for a week and then you can move in with that other tiger, right?" Reinard said.

"Whatever."

The trip was torturously long, Galen burning with rage and sorrow. To be judged by someone he didn't know… why did he care? His heart hurt, his muscles were tense. The sooner he could get to the house, the better… even though he'd still have to deal with the fox there.

Finally, the boat bumped against the pier of their island… Reinard's island. If he was so worried about being raped, Galen would let him have the place on the edge of the city. Where no one would ever come visit, and he could spend his days in glorious isolation, slowly driven insane by the lonely waves pounding on the shore.

Galen stepped out of the boat, catching his balance briefly on the dry land. Frowning as he realised he didn't have a key, the tiger motioned to Reinard.

Muttering quietly, the fox moved up the stairs, unlocking the house for the tiger.

"You realise there's only one bed, right?" Reinard mentioned.

"Oh fuck…"

Silently, Galen cursed Themis. Maybe it had just been an oversight, but he doubted it. The tigress never missed a thing. It was more likely she wanted the two of them to be emotionally close, if not actual lovers. There was no chance of that happening now.

"Fuck you Themis…"

The tiger grabbed his bag from where he'd left it earlier, carrying it to the bedroom

"I'll sleep on the floor. Wouldn't want you to think I'm going to rape you," he growled.

"I said I'm sorry-"

"No. You don't say you're sorry. Well, fine, you do, but don't you dare expect me to accept the insinuation that I cannot control my body or my mind. I'm telling you right now, if I ever fucked you, it would be because you asked me to, and no other reason," he snarled, glowering at the fox.

Reinard gulped, staring up at the pissed tiger. Galen pushed past him, the fox stumbling back as his eyes stared after the tiger.

Galen began pulling out clothes, setting them in a rather large closet. He laughed quietly, realizing there was no way Reinard would be able to use the closet. The fox would be unable to reach the hangers. He couldn't help finding humour in the situation. If nothing else, laughing did help feel a little better.

"You don't have to sleep on the floor. It's a big bed," Reinard said behind him. "I'll just…"

The fox cut off as Galen scowled.

"Just what? Lock your body away so the big bad Egaro can't reach it?"

"I'M TRYING TO BE NICE!"

The outburst startled them both, Reinard's ears folding in shame.

"Fuck this… if you won't accept my apology, I'll just find somewhere else to live. Clearly Egaro and Faro are not meant to mix," he growled.

Galen blinked slowly, his head spinning.

"No. No, you're staying here. We're doing this. It's a matter of pride now. You think I can't keep my hands to myself, I'll fucking show you," the tiger growled.

"Fine. Hands off, no touching, no kissing, no groping," Reinard challenged.

"Consider it done, little guy," Galen sneered.

"Fuck you."

"Not on your life…"

The two stared each other down, neither blinking. Finally, Reinard turned away with a growl, Galen smirking.

"You didn't win," Reinard said immediately, hurrying from the room.

"Spoken like a loser," Galen called after him.

He heard a video screen turn on, shaking his head. So it would be ignorance then. That he could do.

Copyright © 2020 Yeoldebard; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

When you're living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed, and working at the same place, completely ignoring someone isn't going to work for very long.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

When you're living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed, and working at the same place, completely ignoring someone isn't going to work for very long.

Yeah, eventually they will have to figure stuff out. Hopefully it won't take too long; the longer resentment builds, the worse it tends to get.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..