Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 6,118 Words
  • 755 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 51. Chapter 51

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father had kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) had placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. The couple has now filed to adopt him.

Chapter 51 will pick up with a happy family dinner at the Chevas home, and the two Court Cases. Fernando’s adoption case will go smoothly, but Jeremy Santiago’s Custody Case will be contested, and things may get quite nasty!

* * * * *

DJ Chapter 51 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

It’s Monday morning the 20th of August and the only day of the week that Maria and Antonio don’t need to head to the pizzeria to prepare for the day’s business. After breakfast Maria will go to the supermarket to pick up groceries for the house and Antonio plans to cut the grass and trim the yard today.

After breakfast the unsuspecting Fernando hooked up with Liz for their ritual bike ride in the Park.

The Chevas family usually does share a family dinner at home on Monday evenings that are normally of Mexican cuisine. If they have a guest, it’s usually Fernando’s best friend, Liz.

Tonight will be special. Unbeknown to Fernando, they have invited Serena and Chuck, and also Fernando’s best male friend, Danny White to join them. They also have kept the upcoming court date secret from Fernando and everyone else until tonight.

Maria, while shopping at the supermarket, and placing the usual items in the cart, arrived at the meat department. What to serve for dinner tonight? She wanted to serve something special, and also preferred to serve a more conventional, American type of dinner. She decided to spring for a standing rib roast, and picked out a six- rib roast, confident that it would adequately serve six people. Thank goodness she has cookbooks, as she had never cooked a standing rib roast before.

In the produce department, she selected six large baking potatoes and a cabbage and carrots, to make some coleslaw, which she did know how to make. In the Deli/bakery area she picked up a package of Brown and Serve rolls and a store baked Blackberry Pie for dessert. Blackberry Pie is Fernando’s favorite dessert.

* * * * *

Dinner was planned for 6:00 PM but Danny showed up about 5:00, desiring to spend some quiet time with Fernando before dinner. The two boys migrated to Fernando’s bedroom and lay on the bed together, leaving the bedroom door open. About half an hour later Antonio looked into the room and grinned, seeing the boys both with arms wrapped around each other, and their faces all of three inches apart. These two boys are definitely into each other!

About 5:45 Chuck and Serena were at the front door and Antonio welcomed them in, shaking hands with Chuck and giving Serena a warm, fatherly hug. Maria came in from the kitchen and also gave both of them warm hugs.

“Where is Fernando?” Serena asked.

“I’ll show you,” Antonio replied, leading Serena to Fernando’s doorway and pointing at the boys, still wrapped in each other’s arms. Serena smiled, happy that her brother was now in a loving environment where he didn’t have to hide his sexuality.

“Hey, Bro,” Serena said, “Don’t I deserve a kiss?”

“SERENA!” Fernando exclaimed, leaping off the bed and running into Serena’s open arms. The two shared a sibling hug and even a sibling kiss on their lips.

Chuck, also giving Fernando a warm hug, “How is my future brother-in-law doing?”

“You’re getting married?” Fernando asked, surprised.

“Well, not likely in the very near future,” Chuck replied, “but after I finish school, and I’m financially secure, I think it’s written in the stars that Serena and I are destined to be together, for life!”

Serena, Chuck and Antonio returned to the living room, and Fernando returned to Danny.

Serena, pointing toward Fernando’s bedroom, “How long has this been going on?”

“When CPS was housing Fernando at Juvie Hall, he met Danny, and they became friends. Since Danny was released, the two of them have become nearly inseparable.”

“What was Danny in Juvie Hall for?” Chuck asked.

“He stole a candy bar from 7-Eleven, and was given 90 Days in Juvie Hall! He paid for that small crime with 90 Days of his youth. He’s promised me that he’ll never steal anything again, and I believe that’s a promise he’ll keep.”

“I was needing an additional server, Danny needed a job, and Fernando convinced me to hire Danny. After just a few months, Danny has become my best server, next to Jamie, of course. Jamie has been with me since he was Sixteen, and has become my right hand man. He can do almost anything in the store, except the bookwork. Jamie’s the only one I trust to run the register and handle money, with the exception of my wife, and now Fernando.”

Maria, stepping to the living room doorway, “OK ALL, DINNER IS SERVED!” Fernando and Danny bounded out of the bedroom and quickly assumed the chairs at the backside of the table. Chuck and Serena instinctively sat across from the boys. “Babe, can I ask you to carve the roast?”

“Of course, Sweetheart,” Antonio replied, slicing off the end of the roast, “Who wants well done?”

“If I may,” Serena said, holding up her plate, Antonio dropping the first slice on her plate. Slicing the remainder of the roast into five slices, Chuck and Danny accepted the medium rare slices from the center, Fernando and his Dad grabbed the medium slices and Maria took the other well done end. Along with baked potatoes and the coleslaw everyone enjoyed the dinner, and all offered their complements to the chef, which Maria humbly accepted.

Dinner finished, the only leftovers left over was a couple servings of coleslaw and 2 rolls. Maria gathered up the dirty plates and rib bones, telling everyone to keep their forks for dessert. She carried the pile of dishes to the kitchen and returned shortly with six small plates and the Blackberry Pie. Cutting the pie into six slices, she handed the first two plates to the boys.

“MOM!” Fernando exclaimed, “Do you know that Blackberry Pie is my favorite?”

“I do, Son,” Maria replied, smiling, “I had you on my mind when I selected Blackberry.” Serena smiled, noticing how easily those words, especially the reference to calling Fernando ‘Son’ flowed so naturally out of Maria’s mouth.

Antonio, as everybody was finishing their pie, “Sit tight everyone, we have some recent news to share with all of you.” Everyone turned his or her attention to Antonio. “Maria and I had two reasons for inviting you all to share dinner with us tonight.”

“Number One was to allow Fernando and Serena to connect as siblings in a loving family environment. Believe me Chuck, Serena, Maria and I have unofficially adopted you both as part of our family.”

“The second reason,” Antonio continued, “We’ve received word from our attorney that our petition to adopt Fernando as our own Son will be heard in Family Court on Thursday, August 30th. He told us that Fernando’s Birth Parents have signed off and have no plans to contest the adoption. By signing off, they will have no further financial responsibility or parental rights to claim Fernando as their child.”

Then, with tears leaking from his eyes, “Assuming everything goes well, as planned, Fernando’s last name will change from Gomez to Chevas and Fernando will become our forever Son, ALL OURS!”

Danny, turning to Fernando, “I’m so utterly happy for you Fernie,” and proceeded to share a lip kiss with Fernando. Chuck, faking a look of disgust at seeing the two boys kissing, covered his eyes. Serena left her seat and walked around to give her brother a loving hug, then returned to her seat.

“I don’t think,” Serena stated, “that Fernando could have hand picked a more loving couple to be his parents. It’s so easy to feel the love you both have for him, and the love he has for you. I’m so happy to see Fernando happy in his own skin, with no fear of his parents finding out his little secret.” Fernando smiled, and so did Antonio and Maria. “Would you like me to go to court with you, to testify on Fernando’s behalf?”

“It’s Family Court,” Antonio replied, “and not like criminal court. Steve said that since your parents have already signed the release forms he expects the adoption to go through smoothly without a glitch. Thanks for the offer anyway, but I think we’ll be fine.”

Maria, as Serena, Chuck and Danny were ready to leave, with Danny and Fernando in an embrace, “I hope you know that you are always welcome to come by without an invitation. There is no way we would ever stand between you and your brother.”

“Thanks for a wonderful dinner, and a very enlightening evening,” Chuck stated. Pushing Danny aside, he wrapped his arms around Fernando, giving him an affectionate hug. “Fernando, Serena and I have nothing but hearts full of love for you, and we’re happy that things seem to be going well for you. We’ll see you again soon.”

Chuck and Serena left, and Danny and Fernando shared one last kiss before Danny left for the five-minute walk to his house. Antonio and Maria felt that everyone enjoyed the dinner and the companionship the group had shared together.

* * * * *

It’s now Monday, August 27th, and three days away from court. As usual for a Monday, the Chevas family is planing a home cooked meal at home. About 4:00 PM someone knocked at the front door. Antonio answered the door and it was Mary Stewart, and Antonio welcomed her inside, offering her a seat. Maria came in from the kitchen and joined them.

“How is everything going?” Mary asked.

“It couldn’t be better!” Antonio remarked, smiling, “We are going to be in Family Court this Thursday to make Fernando our legal Son.”

“I’m aware of that,” Mary replied. “You do realize that once the adoption is approved, Fernando will no longer be an award of the state and you will not be receiving any more payments for his support as foster parents.”

“We’re well aware of that,” Maria stated, “and we will no longer have to live in fear of losing our most precious Son! We’ve grown to love Fernando just as much as if he’d been born to us! To lose him would break our hearts.”

“We’ve learned, kind of late in life, how to be parents,” Antonio said, “but it’s been an experience we’ll cherish till the day we die.”

“In my opinion,” Mary stated, “you two have been excellent foster parents. Would you maybe consider fostering other children in the future?”

“We accepted fostering Fernando mostly because he was a unique boy in a special circumstance. His sexuality was never, and still isn’t an issue with us. Needing to spend so much time at the pizzeria, I don’t feel that we’re in a position to take on another foster child.”

“What about Fernando’s further education, do you plan to send him to college?” Mary asked.

“He’s only a junior this year, and will be turning 16 in December, and has two more years of high school. We have opened an account that we’ve named ‘Fernando’s College Fund’, just in case he decides to go on to college, or maybe Community College. It’s his choice, what he wants to do, but he will have our support, which ever road he decides to travel.” Mary smiled.

“Just for your information,” Mary stated, “I have already sent a letter to Judge Canton recommending that he approves your petition to adopt Fernando. Assuming that he approves it, you won’t be getting any more visits from me. Good luck in court.”

“Thank you Mary,” Antonio said, “our attorney, Steve Jones told us that, since Fernando’s parents have signed off, he expects the adoption to be approved.” Mary shook hands with Maria and Antonio and left.

* * * * *

It’s now Thursday, August 30th, and court day. On Tuesday, Antonio had posted a sign on the front door of the pizzeria, stating that ‘Due to Family Matters we will not be open until late afternoon on Thursday, August 30th’.

Court time was scheduled at 9:00 AM and the Chevas family arrived at about 8:40 AM. Looking at the posted court docket that stated Family Court was to be held in Courtroom 2. They entered the courtroom and sat together in the fourth row. Just a couple of minutes later, Rena and Candy entered, sitting in the third row in front of the Chevas’s.

A couple of minutes after that, Juan and Crystal Santiago arrived with Jeremy and his little sister, Andrea. Jeremy wanted to sit with his Mommies, and Juan allowed him to, while he and Crystal took seats in the third row, on the opposite side of the aisle. Of course Rena and Candy knew Juan, but none of them knew the Chevas family.

It was still just 8:50 and about ten minutes before court. Jeremy was shifting nervously in his seat, needing to tinkle after the long drive from the city.

“Mommy,” Jeremy spoke softly, “I need to tinkle.” When Jeremy was younger, Candy or Rena would take him into the Lady’s Room but he’s now ten and much prefers to use the Men’s Room.
Also, thanks to Bryan, he no longer needs assistance. Fernando overheard Jeremy’s request, and also was getting an uncomfortable pressure down there.

“Ma’am,” Fernando said, “I’ll be glad to take him to the Men’s Room, I need to go too.”

“Why, thank you, young man.” Candy replied, smiling. The boys walked up the aisle, exiting the courtroom into the lobby.

“I’m Fernando, what’s your name, kid?”

“Jeremy,” Jeremy replied, politely offering his hand and the two boys shook hands. Fernando held the door for Jeremy, walking in behind him. The Men’s Room had a toilet and a urinal, side by side. Jeremy glanced at the urinal that was too high for him and shoved his pants down, pulling his foreskin back to tinkle into the toilet, while Fernando unzipped and pulled his own foreskin back to use the urinal. Fernando naturally glanced over, noticing that Jeremy’s somewhat smaller pecker was also uncut.

“Jeremy,” Fernando stated, “we have something in common.”

“What’s that?” Jeremy asked.

“Take a look,” Fernando replied, turning toward Jeremy and holding his penis to show Jeremy that he also had foreskin.

“You’re the only other boy I know,” Jeremy stated, “that still has that skin on your peter. I wonder why all boys don’t have it?”

“Because most American parents have it cut off at birth, but I don’t really know why,” Fernando explained. “You and me are special, our peckers are complete!” Jeremy grinned, and Fernando gave him a hug. The boys washed their hands and returned to the courtroom.

Soon after court was in session, the third case to be heard was the Chevas case to adopt Fernando Gomez. After viewing the petition Judge Canton stated that he wished to speak with Fernando and asked Fernando to approach the bench, with his attorney.

Steve Jones approached the bench, his hand on Fernando’s shoulder trying to ease Fernando’s anxiety.

“Young man,” Judge Canton spoke, “I have here in my hand a petition filed by Mr. and Mrs. Antonio Chevas to legally adopt you as their Son. Do you understand just what this means?”

“I believe I do your Honor,” Fernando replied. “It means that I will have forever parents that love and respect me, as I love and respect them. Parents that can overlook my flaws, and still love me, for who and what I am. The past few months that they have been my foster parents, has been the happiest time of my life!”

“Fernando,” Judge Canton asked, “What happened, that caused you to run away from home?”

“I didn’t run away, your Honor,” Fernando explained, “There was an incident at my former school between me and another boy. The principal called both of our Dads in for a meeting. When it was over the other boy’s father took him home, and Papa said that a pervert like me was not welcome in his house, and walked out, leaving me in the principal’s office, with no home to go back to.”

“Mr. Jones, Do you have anything to add to this story?” Judge Canton asked.

“Yes, sir,” Steve replied, “When Fernando’s father walked out of the principal’s office, having verbally kicked Fernando out of his home, he really had no choice but to contact CPS.

“Mr. Jones, do you know what that school incident entailed?”

“Yes, sir,” Steve replied, Fernando and the other boy were caught by a teacher, kissing in one of the stalls in the boy’s restroom. The teacher escorted both boys to the Principals Office. The Principal called the boy’s fathers in for a meeting. When Fernando’s father found out what the incident was about, he called Fernando some derogatory names that I can’t even repeat here.”

Judge Canton, shaking his head, “It’s hard to conceive all that happened over a little kiss! Fernando, I need to ask you a question, and please be truthful. Do you consider yourself to be gay?”

Fernando, staring a hole through the floor, “Yes, sir, I can’t help it, I’m just attracted to boys, and I have been for most of my life.”

“I fail to comprehend how parents can turn against their children over their sexuality. Fernando, if I approve this adoption, it means that Antonio and Maria Chevas will become your legal parents. You will be getting an updated Birth Certificate, listing Maria and Antonio Chevas as your mother and father, and your last name will be changed from Gomez to Chevas. Are you comfortable with that?”

“Does that mean that I won’t be sent back to live with my hateful parents ever again?” Fernando asked.

“It would mean that,” Judge Canton replied, “Once I approve this adoption, Maria and Antonio will be your legal parents until the day they die. We have just one more step to take. DOES ANYONE IN THIS COURTROOM HAVE AN OBJECTION TO THE LEGAL ADOPTION OF FERNANDO CARLOS GOMEZ TO BE THE LEGAL SON OF MARIA AND ANTONIO CHEVAS?” There was no response.

“Will Maria and Antonio Chevas please approach the bench?” Maria and Antonio walked up in front of the Judge. “With my signature on this petition, I hereby approve this adoption. Mr. and Mrs. Chevas, please welcome your new Son, Fernando Carlos Chevas into your lives! Mr. Jones will be handling the paperwork and filing for Fernando’s new Birth Certificate, which you should be receiving within 10 to 15 business days.”

Maria instinctively turned to Fernando, giving him a warm and motherly hug and the two shared a mother and son lip kiss for the very first time. The expression on Fernando’s face was one of pure ecstasy, and the feeling of his Mom’s lips on his made him feel nothing short of super-loved!

“Thank you very much, your Honor,” Antonio stated, “You’ve just made at least three people very, very happy!” Steve turned to Maria and Antonio, shaking their hands, and then gave Fernando a warm and loving hug. The Chevas family walked out of the courthouse, holding hands, and smiling. Rarely eating anywhere besides the pizzeria or home, Antonio drove to the Hometown Cafe and treated his family to a celebratory luncheon.

* * * * *

Back at the courthouse at 11:00 AM the court clerk announced the next case, ‘Candace Stanley and Corina Lopez and their petition to obtain custody of Jeremy Santiago’.

Judge Canton, holding the petition in his hand, “Will Ms. Stanley and Ms. Lopez please approach the bench?” Candy and Rena walked to the bench, holding hands.

“Ladies,” Judge Canton stated, “I’m a bit confused, what is your actual relationship with Jeremy Santiago?”

“We’re his mothers,” Candy replied, “I was actually still married to his father when Jeremy was born, and that’s why he was named Jeremy Santiago. He was only three months old when Juan and I separated and Rena and I were into a relationship. Rena and I raised Jeremy together until he was almost three, and we both considered Jeremy to be OUR baby boy. Rena loves Jeremy just as much as I do.”

“After Juan married Crystal, and they had a daughter of their own,” Candy continued, “they filed for custody of Jeremy and won, using our sexuality and relationship against us. For the last seven years, Rena and I have only had Jeremy for a few hours every other Sunday. It’s always been our responsibility to pick him up on Sunday morning, and return him on Sunday evening. We both cherish those precious few hours that we get to spend with our boy.”

“I see,” Judge Canton said, “You never have Jeremy for overnight, or for the whole weekend?”

“No, your Honor,” Candy replied, “We only have a one-bedroom apartment, and if Jeremy were able to spend the night he would be relegated to sleeping on the couch. If we’re awarded custody, we’re prepared to move into a two-bedroom apartment so that Jeremy would have his own bedroom.”

“I see that.” Judge Canton replied, “as usual, Mr. Jones has supplied me with details, crossed all the t’s and dotted all the i’s. I noticed that you two just recently married, but you’ve filed this petition with different last names, why is that?”

“When Juan and I divorced,” Candy explained, “I assumed my maiden name of Stanley. Then when Rena and I married, we just mutually agreed to keep our maiden names, to eliminate a lot of complications.” Judge Canton nodded, understanding.

“I think I have all I need from you ladies,” Judge Canton stated, “you may return to your seats. JEREMY SANTIAGO, please come up here so that we may have a chat.” As Candy and Rena returned to their bench, Jeremy came out to the aisle.

“Sweetheart,” Candy said, “just answer his questions truthfully, and you’ll be fine.” Jeremy nodded and walked up to the Judge.

“Young man,” Judge Canton asked, “Do you know why we’re here today?”

“Yes sir,” Jeremy answered, “My mommies are trying to make it so that I can live with them again, like I used to.”

“Jeremy, how would you describe your current home life?”

“It’s not too bad in the evenings and weekends, when my Daddy is home, but she’s mean to me when Daddy is at work,” Jeremy replied. Crystal bristled and stood up.

“I OBJECT, YOUR HONOR!” Crystal exclaimed, “ HE’S LYING, I’VE NEVER BEEN MEAN TO THAT BOY!”

Please sit down, Ma’am,” Judge Cantor stated, “You’ll have a chance to explain shortly. Another outburst like that and I’ll charge you with Contempt of Court!” Juan took her hand, and encouraged Crystal to sit back down.

“You need to chill, Baby,” Juan stated in a low voice. “We’ll have a chance to respond and tell our side. I’m trying to win this case and keep our son with us.”

“Jeremy,” the judge asked, “just what does your Mommy do, that you consider to be mean?”

“She’s NOT my mommy!” Jeremy exclaimed. “My Mommies are sitting over there, (pointing at Candy and Rena) she’s just my Daddy’s wife. The only friends I have are a few kids I’ve met in school. She won’t let me play with any of the neighbor kids, and she won’t allow me to ever bring another boy into the house. If I do something bad, she sends me to my room—for hours, and I have to get her permission to even go to the bathroom!”

“Jeremy,” Judge Canton asked, “Are you aware that sometimes men marry men, and women marry women?”

“Sure,” Jeremy replied, “we’ve been taught that in school. It’s called div—div—div something.”

“Diversity?” Judge Canton suggested.

“Yeah, that’s the word, and not all families are the same.” Jeremy replied, “Most families have a Mommy and a Daddy, but some families have two Daddy’s or two Mommy’s, like I will have, if I’m allowed to live with my Mommy’s.”

“If you were to stay with your Mommy’s you would be living in a different school district, and you would no longer have the school friends you have now. You’d be meeting all new kids. I need to ask you one more question. If the choice was yours to make, which it isn’t, would you prefer to live in an alternative home, with two Mommy’s or a more normal home with a Mommy and a Daddy?”

“That’s easy,” Jeremy replied, “I want to live with my Mommy’s. I hate those Sunday nights when my Mommy’s have to take me back to my Daddy’s house!”

“Thank you, Jeremy,” Judge Canton said, “I will consider what you’ve told me while making my decision. You are free to return to your Mommy’s. I WOULD LIKE TO CALL MR. AND MRS. SANTIAGO TO APPROACH THE BENCH.” Juan and Crystal rose from the bench, along with Andrea.

“Candy,” Juan asked, “would you be kind enough to watch Andrea while we talk with the judge?”

“Certainly,” Candy replied, as Rena slid over, making room for Andrea to sit between Jeremy and herself. Rena put her arm around Andrea’s shoulders and Andrea seemed quite content.

“I’ll be honest with you,” Judge Canton stated, “I’ve been known to base my decisions on what I feel is in the children’s best interest. After listening to Jeremy’s mothers, and hearing Jeremy’s own testimony I’m inclined to award Jeremy’s custody to the mothers. Unless you can give me substantial reasons to change my mind, that will be my decision.” Crystal raised her hand. “Mrs. Santiago?”

“Your Honor, how can you even consider awarding custody of an impressionable young man to a pair of known lesbians? Given a couple of years, they’ll probably turn Jeremy into a gay boy!”

“Ma’am, I’ve done a lot of research into the statistics,” Judge Canton replied. “Approximately ten percent of children grow up to be gay or lesbian by the time they become teens, and whether raised by gay or straight parents doesn’t alter the results. Sexual orientation is not something that can be taught, it comes naturally.”

“I’ve also been accused of being mean to Jeremy,” Crystal stated, “I’ve been reluctant to let him play with the neighborhood children because some of them are as old as sixteen, and I didn’t want Jeremy to be learning bad words from them. I don’t allow him to bring other kids into the house. He and Andrea can make enough mess, without half the neighborhood trampling through the house!”

“What about sending him to his room for hours?” Judge asked, “Don’t you think that might be a rather harsh punishment?”

“When Jeremy is naughty, he probably deserves a good spanking, but I prefer to send him to his room. It gives him time to think about what he did, and also keeps him from getting underfoot. I was brought up in an era where children should be seen and not heard.”

“Mr. Santiago,” the judge asked, “do you have anything to add?”

“Yes, sir,” Juan stated, “I think a young boy needs a good male roll model, and if he lives with his mothers, there would be no male role models in his life.”

“Actually there would be,” Canton stated, “I planned to give you one whole weekend a month, Friday evening until Sunday evening to have Jeremy. In addition, they have a couple of college boys that share the apartment next door that have taken a liking to Jeremy and spend time with him. He also likes them both a lot.”

“So do we get to keep custody of Jeremy?” Juan asked.

“Hold on a minute,” Judge Canton said, “WILL MS. STANLEY AND Ms. LOPEZ PLEASE COME FORWARD.” Candy and Rena asked Jeremy to stay with Andrea, and walked up to the Judge’s desk, joining Juan and Crystal.

“After hearing all three sides of this case”—Crystal interrupted.

“Three sides, Your Honor?” Crystal asked.

“Yes, ma’am, your side, the mother’s side and Jeremy’s side,” Judge Canton replied, “I feel that it’s in Jeremy’s best interest to award custody to his mother’s, Candace Stanley and Corina Lopez, with an effective date of September 1st.”

“That’s only two days away, Your Honor!” Juan protested.

“I’m aware of that, sir,” Judge replied, “and I’m also aware that Jeremy will be transferring to a new school, which will be resuming just two days after Labor Day. It will be in Jeremy’s best interest to start the new school year in his new school. Ladies, you will need to get Jeremy’s school records from his former school in order to get him registered on the first day at his new school.”

“In addition to awarding custody, Ms. Stanley and Ms. Lopez have filed for support payments of a modest $100 a month. I feel that $100 a month is inadequate, and I’m ordering Juan Santiago to pay a modest $150 a month toward Jeremy’s support, payable by the tenth day of each month, starting in September. You will need to continue paying support until Jeremy becomes Eighteen years of age.”

“Thank you, Your Honor!” Candy exclaimed.

“I trust that you parents are adult enough to make the transition as smooth as possible for Jeremy,” Judge Canton stated, “Are there any more questions?” No one had any. “If there are no more questions, this case is closed!”

Candy and Rena picked up Jeremy and Juan and Crystal picked up Andrea and they all left the courthouse and headed to the parking lot.

“Candy,” Juan stated, “I’m surprised that the Judge awarded you custody, and I accept our defeat. I’ll take the first steps toward Jeremy’s move. Crystal, while I’m at work tomorrow, will you go by the school and pick up a transcript of Jeremy’s records?”

“I can do that,” Crystal agreed.

“Candy, I’ve never been to your home, and I’m not certain of your address. If I may keep Jeremy over the weekend, I will get his toys and clothing packed, and bring him to your place Sunday evening. Will that be satisfactory?”

“That’ll be fine,” Candy replied. “We need to go to the leasing office today and sign the lease for apartment 213, which is right up the stairway from 202, where we are now living. 202 is a basement apartment and furnished, but 213 is unfurnished. We’re going to need to go shopping for two new beds and other furniture. Jeremy may need to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights, until we can get the new furniture delivered, hopefully by Tuesday.”

Jeremy, smiling, “That’ll be fine, Mommy, or maybe Phil and Bryan will let me sleep with them for a couple of nights.”

“I’m not too certain if that would be a good idea,” Candy replied, knowing that Phil and Bryan usually sleep naked. She knows, of course, that the boys are gay, but is certain they’re not pedophiles and Jeremy would be safe, sleeping with them. It would also likely prevent the boys from having any sex.

Juan and Crystal gathered up Jeremy and Andrea and said goodbye to Candy and Rena and headed home. Juan was disappointed, but felt that the Judge had been fair in his decision.

Candy and Rena headed to their apartment complex, stopping first at the leasing office. The couple had been long term residents of apartment 202, and switching to apartment 213, right over Phil and Bryan’s apartment 203 was pretty straightforward. After paying the September rent for 213 and signing the lease, the manager handed the keys for 213 to Rena.

He agreed to allow the ladies to use both apartments for a week, allowing them time to get their furniture delivered, and their personal stuff moved from the old apartment. He then gave them congratulations for winning custody of their Son.

After leaving the leasing office, they drove into their parking spot for 203, and before descending the stairs, took a few minutes to check out the new apartment. It was somewhat stuffy, with no electric and no AC yet. They would contact the electric and water company’s tomorrow (Friday) morning to get them turned on.

Descending the stairway to their apartment, and Bryan and Phil’s apartment the ladies were excited to tell the boys about their day. Approaching the door to 203 they tried the door and it was locked, indicating that both Phil and Bryan had probably left for work, as they rarely ever lock the door while they are home.

It was nearly 4:00 PM when the ladies entered their own apartment and prepared a late lunch, planning to go furniture shopping after eating. While Rena prepared them lunch, Candy went ahead and phoned the electric and water company’s, and both of them agreed to turn on the utilities sometime on Friday.

After eating, both ladies changed from their dressy clothing they’d worn for court into more casual outfits, and headed to the furniture stores. They believed that both of the local furniture stores were open until at least 8:00 or 9:00 PM.

Arriving at the first store, that had a sign in the window stating they offered easy financing, they entered, quickly approached by a salesman who introduced himself as Rick.

“What may I help you ladies find today?” Rick asked.

“We’re actually in the market for a house full, or an apartment full of furniture,” Candy replied. “We’re moving from a one-bedroom furnished apartment into a two-bedroom unfurnished apartment.”

“I’m sure I can help you find everything you need,” Rick said, smiling, and looking forward to a big sale. “Where would you like to start?”

“We don’t have a truck, are you able to make delivery?” Rena asked.

“We offer free delivery, up to 25 miles from the store,” Rick responded, “where do you ladies live?”

“At Colony Apartments,” Candy replied, “we’re not too far away.”

“That’s only five or six miles away,” Rick replied. “I need to tell you that the boys are booked for deliveries tomorrow, and with Monday being a holiday, I doubt that we can make delivery until next Tuesday, and someone would need to be at home to let the guys in with your furniture.”

“I suppose one of us could take the day off from work,” Candy stated, “or maybe one of our neighbor boys might be able to be around to let the delivery guys in, I’m not sure of their college or work schedules.”

Starting with the bedrooms, Candy and Rena selected a twin bed for Jeremy, along with a dresser and a desk, then selected a full bedroom suite for their own bedroom. After that they decided to just purchase a kitchen table with six chairs and wait until they have more money to buy dining room furniture. They agreed on a sofa and easy chair for the living room, and added a coffee table and end tables. Lastly they added a matching pair of lamps to place on the end tables.

Satisfied with their choices, Rena wrote a $100 check against their joint account for the down payment, and both ladies signed their lives away on the payment contract. On the way home they stopped at Lowe’s and purchased six medium sized packing boxes and some bubble wrap. They figured they could pack a few boxes, carry them up to the new apartment, unpack them and repurpose the boxes for the next batch.

It was nearly 9:00 PM when they arrived home, hoping that the boys would be home so they could share their happy news with them. Neither Bryan nor Phil was home yet. They might just have to wait until they share their naked coffee together on Friday morning, likely for one of the last times.

Tired, after a long and stressful day, Candy and Rena retired early. Having taken Thursday off for court, both ladies were scheduled to be back at work on Friday morning.

Bryan returned home about 10:30 PM, anxious to find out how the ladies day in court went. Apartment 202 was dark, evidently the ladies had already gone to bed, so he entered his own apartment to await Phil’s arrival, about 11:30. When Phil arrived, he came in with a large tray of Nacho’s Deluxe from Denny’s and the two boys went to town on them, washing them down with Pepsi’s.

Both boy’s tired after working all evening, they soon also retired, just cuddling together without having any sex, and falling asleep.

To be continued..........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Ahead in Chapter 52, Phil and Bryan share their last naked coffee with Candy and Rena. Jeremy arrives on Sunday evening and gets to sleep over with Phil and Bryan for two nights. Candy and Rena ask another favor of the boys, and the boys assist the girls in their move upstairs to Apartment 213. Thank you guys for reading my stories, and a special thanks to those of you that are kind enough to offer your comments. Did I mention that we authors 💓 comments? I 💓 you guys!
Doug
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..