Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 3,907 Words
  • 640 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 59. Chapter 59

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father had kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) had placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. The couple has now adopted Fernando.

In Chapter 59, DJ and Jamie share lunch with Lucas, Camille’s boyfriend, and Lucas shares some totally surprising information with them. Chad and Dorie take Phillip home on Monday, as planned. On Wednesday Joe takes Brandon car shopping,

DJ Chapter 59 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

Monday morning, DJ, Jamie and Brandon arrived on campus about 7:50, and Chad, Phillip and Dorie arrived a minute later, parking in the next slot. DJ and Jamie vaguely know Chad and Phillip due to their common membership in the Rainbow Alliance, and greeted them warmly. Brandon and Dorie shared an affectionate hug.

Chad, Phillip, DJ and Jamie all headed to their 8:00 AM classes, while Brandon and Dorie had some time to kill, as their first class is at 9:00. Holding hands, Brandon and Dorie walked slowly toward the main entrance.

“Baby,” Jamie stated, as the two headed to the Chemistry Lab for their 8:00 AM Chem. 2 class, “It looks like Brandon has found a girl of interest.”

“Don’t you remember,” DJ replied, “that’s the girl that Brandon met the night we took our cousins to the Waterhole. She’s a friend of Kerri’s, the girl that Damion is now dating.” The boys entered the lab and took their usual seats, next to each other.

After class, as DJ and Jamie were leaving the room, several students were waiting outside the door to enter, for the Chem. 1 class that was at 9:00 AM.

DJ, recognizing a familiar face, “Lucas?”

“Lucas Johnson,” he replied, with a smile. “DJ, Jamie, we met at your Brother Rodney’s Birthday Party.” The three boys bumped fists. “I’m your sister’s boyfriend.”

“You and Camille are still dating?” DJ asked.

“Six months now,” Lucas said, smiling, “and no end in sight!”

“Lucas, wanna hook up for lunch in the lounge,” DJ said, “and we can kinda catch up on things?”

“Sure, I’d like that,” Lucas replied, “see you then.” DJ and Jamie were both surprised to see Lucas here, at CC. The last time they saw Lucas he was still a senior in high school, and they’d never discussed Lucas’s plans for education. DJ and Jamie have a big surprise coming.

Lunchtime arrived, and Chad and Phillip met at the student lounge to share lunch, as usual. Chad suggested they get in line.

“Go ahead and get your lunch Chad,” Phillip said, “I’m not eating, I’ll just get us a table.”

“You gotta be hungry, Phillip,” Chad stated.

“Not really,” Phillip said, “I’m good till you get me home, and I’ll find something in the fridge to eat then.” Chad strongly suspected that Phillip had no money for lunch, but was too proud to admit it. Chad entered the line, picking up two Cheeseburgers Deluxe, two medium fries, and two cokes. After paying, he carried the tray to the table where Phillip was sitting, and set the tray down.

“That’s a lot of food for one dude,” Phillip commented.

“You’re right,” Chad replied, grinning, “I can’t eat all of this, you’re gonna have to help me!” Chad placed one of each item in front of Phillip and the equals at his seat.

Phillip, tears escaping his eyes, “Chad, you’re too good to me!”

“Boyfriends know what boyfriends need!” Chad exclaimed. “There’s no way I could eat lunch in front of you, and let my boyfriend starve.” Phillip smiled, and the boys dug in.

During the same lunchtime, DJ and Jamie came through the line, getting their lunches, and looking around the student lounge looking for Lucas, without success. Settling at a table, they spotted Lucas going through the line. When Lucas paid, and picked up his tray, DJ and Jamie both stood up, waving their arms to gain his attention. Lucas headed over and joined them, sitting down.

“Last I knew, you were still in high school,” DJ stated, “I’m a bit surprised to see you here. What is you curriculum?”

“I graduated from high school just a few days after that birthday party. I don’t really have a curriculum here,” Lucas explained, “I’m just taking some select courses here, this semester and next, that will transfer to Pre-med.”

“Hopefully, by taking these classes here, I can get through Pre-med. in three years instead of four, and delay going off to University for a year. Its a lot cheaper to live at home and go here, than to spend all eight years at university! It will also give me an extra year to spend with Camille before I have to leave.”

“So Lucas,” Jamie asked, “what are you aspirations?”

“To be a Doctor,” Lucas replied, “an MD. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always dreamed of becoming a Doctor. It’s a long, hard road, four years of Pre-med, four more of Medical School and at least a couple more of internship—and a ton of student loans.”

“What university are you going to?” DJ asked.

“I’m hoping my grades are good enough to be accepted at the University of Virginia,” Lucas stated. “UVA has one of the highest rated Medical Programs in the country.”

“Any particular specialty,” Jamie asked, “or just a General Practitioner?”

“I’m not totally certain, yet,” Lucas replied, “There is a heavy demand for oncologists, as cancer is one of the leading causes of death. But I also have a love for children, and I might become a pediatrician.”

“There’s an increasing number of children that die of childhood cancer,” Jamie stated, “maybe you could become an oncologist, specializing in pediatric cancers.”

Lucas, tears in his eyes, “Nothing would please me more than to save a child’s life from that dreaded disease!”

“Lucas,” Jamie stated, “whatever path you travel, I can sense that you will become a very caring and loving Doctor.” Lucas smiled.

“And if your relationship with Camille continues to grow,” DJ added, “we could end up with a Doctor in our family! Lucas, keep your dream alive, and know that we wish you nothing less than total success.”

“Thanks, guys,” Lucas replied, “with guys like you behind me, there’s no way I can fail!” Lunch finished, the three boy’s rose from the table, both DJ and Jamie giving Lucas a warm and sincere hug, before Lucas left.

“Baby,” DJ stated, “before today, I only knew Lucas as Camille’s boyfriend. There’s a lot more to Lucas Johnson that I didn’t know about. My love and respect for him has escalated to a ten, on a scale of ten.”

“He’s a very likable young man,” Jamie replied, “I really believe that he has the strength and determination to achieve his goal. I’m looking forward to sharing more lunches with him in the coming days.” Soon after lunch, DJ and Jamie headed to their 1:00 PM class, which would end at 2:00. They still would need to wait for Brandon to come out from his 2:00 PM class, ending just before 3:00 PM before they could head home. Being a Monday, neither DJ nor Jamie are scheduled to work.

At 3:00 PM they all headed to the parking lot. DJ and Jamie waited patiently for Brandon and Dorie to share a departure kiss and hug. Brandon then climbed into the back seat of Jamie’s car and Dorie into the back seat of Chad’s and they left campus. Jamie headed to the Seldon home, and Chad heading toward Phillip’s. Chad following Jamie first to the Seldon home, wanting to be certain where Brandon lived, as he would be picking Brandon up there on Saturday.

Driving on toward Phillip’s home, he pulled off the road about two blocks before reaching Phillip’s home. Leaning over the console, he and Phillip shared their own passionate departure kiss. Neither of the boys wanted to share a kiss in front of Phillip’s house, just in case Phillip’s Dad might be observing. Arriving at Phillip’s home, both Phillip and Dorie exited the car, Dorie assuming the front passenger seat, and Phillip grabbing his overnight bag, and heading into the house.

“About time my wandering son returned home,” Jacob Leonard stated. “I think we need to have a talk!” (uh-oh!)

“About what?” Phillip asked, “What have I done?”

“I’m not sure,” Jacob replied, “What is this compulsion you have, to be spending so much time with that Chad boy?”

“His name is Chad Wheeler,” Phillip replied, “we met at college, and just became good friends, he’s the closest friend I have.”

“I would hope you aren’t sleeping with him,” Jacob stated, “when you stay over at his house.”

“Of course not,” Phillip fibbed, “I sleep in the guest room.” (Not a total lie, as Chad’s room used to be the guest room)

“So are you gaining any headway into getting a girlfriend?” Jacob asked.

“Maybe,” Phillip answered. “Chad is picking me up Saturday afternoon, and we’re going to have dinner with his family. Then we’re going up to the Waterhole and maybe we’ll meet some decent girls up there. That where Chad’s sister, Dorie, met the boy she is dating now. We’re taking Dorie and Brandon with us.”

“I probably won’t be home until quite late Saturday night, or probably early Sunday morning. It’s about an hour and a half from the Waterhole back home. Chad’s going to drop Brandon and me off, then he and Dorie will be going on home. Brandon only lives a few blocks away from me, in our same subdivision.” Jacob has a glimmer of hope. He doesn’t know that the Waterhole has a half-gay clientele, and Phillip isn’t about to inform him of that fact.

“Son,” Jacob asked, “How much money do you have?”

“Actually, I’m broke,” Phillip replied, “I wouldn’t have had lunch today at school if Chad hadn’t been kind enough to buy me lunch.”

“Here Son,” Jacob stated, pulling a Twenty from his wallet, “This should cover your lunches for the rest of this week. Will another Twenty on Saturday cover your expenses on Saturday night?”

“It should,” Phillip replied, “I think the cover charge is like Five dollars, and Fifteen should take care of my food and drinks. Thanks, Dad.”

“Not a problem, Son,” Jacob said, “I hope you all have a good time up there.” That was the extent of their Father and Son chat for today. The major issue will be coming up on Sunday, the one that Phillip is dreading.

* * * * *

On Wednesday Phillip drove his Dad’s station wagon to campus, and shared lunch with Chad, as usual. They were joined by Dorie, since Brandon had taken off with DJ and Jamie for lunch with his Uncles. It was also the day that Uncle Joe was to take Brandon car shopping, and Brandon was excited.

I had prepared a pot of Beef Stew and biscuits for Joe and I to share with our Sons and Brandon today. We see DJ and Jamie several times a week, as the boys also spend at least two or three nights a week here with us. We don’t see our nephews nearly as often, as they stay with Jamie’s parents and Damion now has a full time job. It’ll be a pleasure to have Brandon here for lunch and Joe is planning to take Brandon car shopping this afternoon.

It’s likely that our Son’s won’t hang around too long after lunch, as DJ will be covering my deliveries today at 3:00 PM and Jamie will be covering both his server duties, plus Brandon’s busboy duties at the pizzeria. Antonio was kind enough to schedule Brandon off for the day, knowing that Joe was going to try to help Brandon get a car.

Wednesdays are the only day that Joe and I are both off, and we often share a quiet dinner together at the Hometown Cafe on Wednesday evenings. We may just include Brandon tonight.

The boys arrived from campus at just 12:30 and after Joe and I shared hugs with all three I quickly ladled five bowls of stew, and placed the plate of homemade biscuits on the table. All three boys, evidently quite hungry, demolished their stew, and asked for seconds, not leaving much leftover stew to be put away.

Joe, as they all finished eating, “Brandon, are you about ready to go car shopping?”

“I’ve been ready, Uncle Joe!” Brandon exclaimed, a wide grin on his face, and prepared to walk out. “Thanks for a great lunch, Uncle Doug.”

“You’re entirely welcome, Brandon,” Doug replied, “I hope you can find what you’re looking for.” Brandon stopped by Jamie’s car on the way to the Taurus, retrieving an envelope containing his ‘car fund’ savings. Sitting in the passenger seat, with Joe behind the wheel, they took off, Joe driving them to the largest used car dealership in Smalltown, parking in one of the spaces that had a sign stating ‘CUSTOMER PARKING’. Just glancing around, there were likely well over a hundred, perhaps even two hundred vehicles on the lot to choose from.

Typical of many car lots, the hottest and most desirable, as well as the more expensive vehicles were parked in the front. Joe and Brandon walked toward the back of the lot, where the older, less desirable and cheaper vehicles were parked and viewed the merchandise. All of the vehicles had a price posted on the windshield, along with the year, make and model. A sticker on the driver’s side rear windows gave more detail, such as engine, transmission, mileage and accessories.

A couple of the cars had pricing of only $499 and $599, within Brandon’s price range, but looked like they might be ready for the old car graveyard. An older blue Honda Civic caught Brandon’s eye, but it was in serious need of a paint job. The price was $1299, a bit higher than Brandon was hoping to spend.

Joe examined the sticker, it was a four-cylinder engine, with an automatic transmission, and the only added accessory was the stock AM/FM radio. The one feature that caught Joe’s eye was that it only had 46,000 miles on the odometer while most of these older vehicles had in excess of 100 grand.

From inside the showroom, salesman John Adams had observed Joe and Brandon pull in, with a two or three year old Taurus, and watched where they walked to. He suspected that they might be looking for a vehicle for the younger lad, and headed out to greet them, back at the last row of cars.

John, approaching Joe and Brandon, “Good Afternoon, gentlemen, I’m John Adams, is there anything I may be able to help you with?”

“Thanks, John,” Joe stated, extending his hand, “I’m Officer Joe Reynolds, and this is my nephew, Brandon Whitlock. We’re just kind of looking around right now, to see what might be available. Brandon is in serious need of some wheels.” John shook hands with Joe then offered his hand to Brandon, Brandon returning the handshake.

“I’m sure we have something here that will fill the need,” John stated, “I noticed you were giving this Civic a once over, Brandon, what do you think of her?”

“I like the car, sir,” Brandon replied, “but it’s kinda ugly!”

“Nothing that a paint job won’t fix,” John replied, smiling. “If we give it a paint job, it’ll go on the front row, but will sport a $1699 price tag.”

“So what’s the scoop on this car?” Joe asked.

“It was owned by an older couple,” John explained, “and they kept it well maintained, and didn’t drive it a lot. The old man passed away, and his widow had never driven, and contacted us to see if we’d be interested in buying it. They lived near an industrial area, and the output of a chemical plant caused the paint to fade, like it is. With the low mileage on it, it will give someone a lot of service without any major repairs. Brandon, would you like to give her a spin?”

“I’d like that, sir,” Brandon replied, smiling.

“May I see your driver’s License?” John asked, which Brandon quickly retrieved from his wallet, handing it to John. “California!”

“John,” Joe explained, “Brandon and his brother, Damion just recently moved here from San Francisco, and he hasn’t yet been to DMV to get his license switched to North Carolina.”

“I see,” John said, “He’ll need to do that soon. If you two will just hang loose for about five minutes, I’ll get the keys and a set of dealer’s plates.” While John was gone, Joe checked out the nearly new tires. Another plus, and they aren’t recaps!

Returning, John placed the dealer’s plates on the car, and unlocked the car, handing the keys to Brandon. Brandon started the car, which purred nicely, and unlatched the hood, he and Joe looked at the engine compartment, which looked nearly new with no evidence of exhaust or oil leaks. Joe pulled out the dipstick, and the oil was clean. Joe believed that this car would serve Brandon well. Joe closed the hood.

Brandon, with a smile on his face, secured the seat belt, adjusted the rear view mirror, and pulled out to the main road, then onto the freeway, where he could get the speed up to 65 MPH and see how it handled at a higher speed.

“Joe,” John said, “when Brandon returns from his test run, ask him to park it where it came from, and you two can discuss what you think of it. Do me a favor, lock it up, and bring the dealers plates and keys back to me. I’ll be at my desk in the showroom, and we can hopefully make a deal to make it Brandon’s new ride.”

About ten minutes later, Brandon returned, and Joe relayed John’s message, Brandon backing the Civic into it’s spot.

“What do you think Brandon?” Joe asked, “Is this a car you’d be comfortable in owning?”

“It handles well, and performs nicely, Uncle Joe,” but I do have a couple of issues with it. The paint job sucks, and it needs a real audio system—with a CD player!”

“Those are both things that can be remedied,” Joe replied, “Shall we try to make a deal to buy it?”

“You’re a lot more experienced with these kinds of things, I’ve never bought a car before,” Brandon stated, “I’ll be happy to let you do the talking. Let’s try!” Joe removed the dealer tags, and Brandon locked up the car, they both headed inside. Brandon stopped by the Taurus and grabbed the envelope containing his ‘car fund’ and they quickly located John.

John invited them to sit in the two chairs in front of his desk.

“To start with Brandon,” John asked, “How are you planning to pay for the car?”

“I’m hoping I can get financing,” Brandon replied, “I sure don’t have that kind of cash laying around. I hope there’s enough here to at least make the down payment,” laying the envelope on the desk. John opened the envelope and counted the money.

“Four Hundred and forty dollars,” John stated, “The finance company’s like to have at least Five or Six Hundred down on a vehicle in that price range, but we may be able to still get approval with Four-forty. I need to get your vitals, Brandon, for the Credit Application.” John, sitting at the terminal, asked a ton of questions that Brandon answered, to the best of his ability. Completing the application, John printed off two copies.

“Son,” John stated, “To be totally honest, I think we can get this approved, but you do have some negative things working against you. You’ve only lived at your current address for three months, and your employment has only been for a few weeks, and it’s just a part time job. Lack of credit history doesn’t help either.”

“If we can get it approved, I know how these finance company’s operate, and they’re going to hit you with probably about 24% interest, rather high for an auto loan.”

“John,” Joe inquired, “How much can you knock off that price, if we were to pay cash?”

John, calculating in his mind, “I can drop it to an even $1200, that’s about the best I can do.”

“And maybe throw in the paint job?” Joe asked.

“Man, you guys drive a hard bargain!” John remarked. “Okay, and give it a paint job, in the same color! But no new Audio System! That’s gonna be on you to add. I know how you young guys like to drive around thumping, and making everybody’s windows rattle.” Brandon grinned.

“Brandon, let’s hit the bank,” Joe stated, “I think we can get you a car loan at the bank for a lot less interest, and that will drop your monthly payments. John, will a $1200 cashiers check take care of our obligation?”

“Not quite,” John replied, “There’s still Sales Tax and Registration Fees, but that $440 that Brandon has in cash will more than take care of that. The combined total shouldn’t be quite $200, and he’ll have a jump start on the Audio System. He’ll also need to get some insurance on his new ride.”

“Thank you for everything, John,” Joe stated, “We should be back before Five with that check.”

“Just a heads up guys,” John stated, “I’ll make the arrangements for the paint job ASAP but the boys probably won’t do the painting until Friday, and it will need the weekend to cure. We should have everything ready for Brandon to roll by late Monday afternoon!”

“I’ll take Brandon to my insurance agent on Saturday morning to get his insurance coverage. I’ll be working Monday afternoon, and likely, Brandon can get one of his cousins to bring him here to pick up his car.”

Heading to the bank, where both Joe and Brandon now have accounts, Joe cosigned for Brandon’s car loan. They got the check, made out to the dealership, and returned to give it to John. Both Brandon and Joe shook hands with John, and left for home, Brandon a very happy and excited young man, now only five days away from having his own wheels!

Arriving back at our house, Brandon was bubbling with excitement to tell me what they’d bought. While Brandon explained what they’d done, I changed into something suitable, and Joe and I headed to the Hometown Cafe with Brandon, treating him to a celebration dinner.

After dinner, we took Brandon to the Seldon’s home and dropped him off. Joe and I know he’ll be anxious to share the purchase of his new ride with DJ, Jamie and Damion, as well as Karen and Carl.

A little later, he couldn’t wait to call Dorie and tell her. Since he wouldn’t be actually picking up his car until Monday, it wouldn’t change anything about their plans to double date with Chad and Phillip this Saturday night.

To be continued......................

(Author’s note)
My apology folks, sometimes doo doo occurs. I had planned more for this chapter but room ran out before all of the activities did. Some of the events I’d promised will need to be covered in CH 60.

Ahead in Chapter 60, on Saturday Chad picks up Phillip and Brandon as planned, and the four enjoy their double date at the Waterhole. Also on Saturday, Rena and Candy host a party to celebrate Jeremy’s Birthday. On Sunday Phillip gets the balls to come out to his parents, and we find out how his parents react. Thanks to you guys for sharing this ride with me, and as always a special thanks go out to those of you willing to share your thoughts by leaving COMMENTS! I 💓 you guys!
Doug
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:  I'm finding it incredibly difficult to keep up with my three stories that are all still in progress, with all these beautiful boys in three regions of the country.  Effective immediately, I am placing 'Watergame' and 'JC' on the shelf to continue at a later time.  I am continuing to write and upload chapters of 'DJ' beginning with Chapter 60 and once that story ends, I will be picking up the others.  I'm sorry to likely be disappointing some of my readers.  If you're not already following me, I suggest you do so and you'll be notified when I upload new material.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..