Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 5,668 Words
  • 803 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 48. Chapter 48

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father has kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) have placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. Warning, There may be a description of gay male sex in this chapter.

Chapter 48 picks up on Saturday, the day that Jamie and DJ are taking their cousins to The Waterhole. A surprise may result from this. At the beginning of the following week, Antonio, Maria and Fernando receive some welcome and happy news.

* * * * *

DJ Chapter 48 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

It’s 8:00 AM on Saturday morning, and the day that DJ and Jamie are taking Damion and Brandon to the Waterhole that night. Randy has scheduled DJ to open with Gloria and promised him to be off at 4:00 PM. Antonio has scheduled Jamie as the day server from 11:00 AM until 4:00 PM, and has Louise coming in to cover Jamie’s closing shift along with Danny.

Damion is always off on Saturdays and Antonio gave Brandon the whole day off. DJ and Jamie had spent the night with us and are having coffee with Joe and me, while excitedly telling us about their plans to take Damion and Brandon to the Waterhole. As Jamie's car is at the Seldon’s, Jamie is going in with DJ at 10:00.

Joe and I are happy that our Sons are so close to our nephews and the four of them have become the closest of friends. We’re certain that all four of them will have an enjoyable night at the Waterhole.
Damion is the only one of the four boys that can legally consume alcohol but he probably won’t. DJ will be turning 21 in November and Joe and I hope he won’t turn to alcohol. Jamie is just a few months younger than DJ and Brandon is still just 20.

I prepared breakfast for the boys, and for Joe and myself, and the boys left right after we ate.

* * * * *

About 3:00 PM Damion and Brandon both decided to take showers, but not together! Damion took his, and Brandon entered the shower while Damion shaved. Brandon has little facial hair yet and only shaves a couple of times a month. After showering, both boys went to their bedrooms and dressed in tee shirts and tight fitting jeans that allows their anatomy to be somewhat noticeable, especially as both boys wear boxers.

DJ and Jamie arrived about 4:15 and jumped into the shower together (of course), then pulled on clean boxer-briefs and went to their room and dressed similarly, DJ in his red skinny jeans and Jamie in a pair of slim-cut jeans.

By 5:30 all four boys, looking like a Saturday night, were ready to leave. It’s about an hour and a half drive to the Waterhole, and they wanted to be there by 7:00 to share a nice dinner before the nights activities picked up around 8:00 or a little after.

Giving Carl and Karen hugs, and Karen a kiss, the boys all entered DJ’s Tracker. With DJ at the wheel, Jamie copiloting, and the brothers in the back seat they departed. While en route Jamie explained the Waterholes’ practice of using red and green wristbands to differentiate between those who could purchase alcohol and those who were not yet of age.

Arriving at the Waterhole DJ parked the Tracker and they all headed toward the entrance. Just outside the entrance, a security man was checking ID’s and placing red or green wristbands on the patrons.

DJ, knowing that Damion was the only one old enough to be served alcohol, “Damion, do you plan to drink any alcohol?”

“Nah,” Damion replied, “I prefer to stay sober.”

“Just give us all red bracelets,” DJ told the man, and he did.

Just inside the entrance another man sitting at a small table informed the boys that there was a $5.00 per person cover charge.

“Jamie,” DJ asked, “you got twenty dollars?”

“Yep!” Jamie replied, and dug into his wallet and pulled out a Twenty from his today’s tip money. “This is for all four of us,” Jamie told the man, handing him the Twenty. The man then used a red ‘PAID’ rubber stamp and stamped the backs of the four boy’s hands.

Approaching the hostess, she asked if they were having dinner.

“We are,” DJ replied, “Can Chico be our server?”

“I’m sorry,” she stated, “Chico no longer works here.”

Jamie, disappointed, “Chico has always been our server, what happened?”

“His—husband landed a higher paying job in the city, and they moved away from here,” she answered. “I can still seat you with a decent server, I’m sure Daniel will take good care of you. Follow me please.” She led them to a table and laid menu’s in front of them. Within five minutes a very handsome young man that looked like a teenager approached their table.

“Hi guys, and welcome to the Waterhole, I’m Daniel, and it’ll be my pleasure to serve you guys tonight.” Glancing at the red bands on their wrists, “May I take your orders for some non-alcoholic beverages?”

“Daniel, I’m just curious,” DJ asked, “How old are you?”

Daniel, grinning, “I know I don’t look it, but I’m actually twenty-two. Because we often have to serve alcohol they won’t hire a server here that’s under twenty-one. Will this be separate checks?”

“Just one check, Daniel,” DJ replied, “These two (pointing to the brothers) are our cousins and they recently moved here from San Francisco. My babe and I wanted to show them a good time so tonight is our treat.” Daniel took the drink orders, Pepsi’s for Jamie and DJ, and Dew’s for the cousins.

Damion, while Daniel was getting the drinks, “I was hoping we might get a cute waitress.”

“It’s been my experience that waiters tend to give better service than waitresses.” DJ said, “Maybe it’s because guys have to work harder to earn their tips. A lot of straight guys will tip a waitress just because they’re cute and only tip a waiter for prompt service.”

“I think our server is gay,” Brandon commented. “DJ pretty much told him that he and Jamie are gay when he called Jamie ‘babe.’ I just hope he doesn’t think that Dami and I are gay.”

“What would it matter,” Jamie said, “what he thinks. I’m sure he gives equal service to both gay and straight customers.”

Daniel, delivering their drinks, “Would you like to order an appetizer?”

“We would,” DJ said, “Please bring us the large variety tray, with extra shrimps!”

“There will be, I think, an extra $8.00 charge for the extra shrimp.” Daniel said.

“I know” DJ replied, “but they’re well worth the extra. Guys, wait until you taste the coconut shrimp! It’s awesome.”

“Let me get the order in for your appetizer,” Daniel said, “while you guys decide what to order for your dinners.” Daniel left and the boys all studied the menu, deciding what to order.

Daniel, returning shortly and refilling their drinks, “Your appetizer should be out in just a few more minutes.”

“Wow!” Damion remarked, “We didn’t even have to ask him for refills.”

“A good server,” Jamie said, “never leaves their guests with empty glasses. He’s just doing his job, and doing it well.” The boys all decided on their choices for dinner. Brandon had selected the grilled, blackened Salmon fillet.

Daniel returned shortly with a large tray on his shoulder, and set it on the table next to theirs. He placed a small plate in front of each of them, and cleared a spot in the center of the table and sat the large appetizer tray in the center, then the small platter piled high with coconut shrimp next to it. In the center of the large tray were cups of Marinara sauce for the cheese sticks, Ranch and Bleu Cheese dip for the hot wings, and fried mushrooms, and seafood sauce for the shrimp. The boys gave Daniel their choices for their entrees and prepared to dig in to the appetizers.

Brandon, after tasting the shrimp, “Daniel, can I change my mind for my dinner entree?”

“Of course,” Daniel replied.

“Instead of the blackened salmon, I want the 15 piece coconut shrimp, but with tarter sauce instead of the seafood sauce.”

“Not a problem,” Daniel replied, “I’ve gotcha covered. Enjoy your appetizer, and I’ll put in your orders.” Daniel went on his way. In about 15 minutes, giving the boys time to enjoy the appetizer, he returned with four bowls of salads.

“Who gets the Caesars?” Daniel asked.

“That’d be DJ and me,” Jamie replied, pointing to DJ. Daniel reached around each of them with his right hand and placed the salad in front of them, lightly touching both boys’ right shoulder with his left hand.

“And I guess you two get the garden salads with Bleu Cheese.” Daniel said, walking behind Damion and Brandon, and placing the salads in front of each. He used his right hand to place a salad in front of Damion, then transferred the other salad to his right hand and reached around Brandon to set it down and lightly touched Brandon’s shoulder with his left hand. He then picked up the tray and walked away.

“He touched me,” Brandon complained.

“What do you mean he touched you?” Jamie asked.

“When he set my salad down in front of me, he laid his hand on my shoulder,” Brandon replied, “I think he was making a pass.”

Jamie, grinning, “I highly doubt that, you’re just over reacting, I think he’s just friendly. I hardly think that touching your shoulder constitutes making a pass.”

“I don’t know, maybe,” Brandon replied, “I just feel uncomfortable if another boy touches my body.”

“Brandon,” DJ said, “I think you’re just suffering from a bit of homophobia. Jamie and I have both touched you and even hugged you and you didn’t seem to object.”

“That’s different, you’re my cousins, and I know you.”

Daniel, returning, and picking up the plates and the empty appetizer tray, “Let me get these out of the way, your dinners will be out shortly.”

About ten minutes later Daniel returned with a large tray on his shoulder, and sat it on the empty table next to the boys.

Daniel, picking up the first two platters, and placing the first in front of Brandon from the end of the table, “Coconut shrimp with fries and tarter sauce,” then setting the other plate in front of Jamie, “Prime Rib medium rare, baked and California Veggies.” Picking up the remaining two platters and walking to the other end of the table, setting the first in front of Damion and the other in front of DJ “Prime Rib medium with baked and broccoli, times two. Is everything right?” The boys all nodded an affirmative.

Daniel, picking up the tray, “I’ll be back shortly to check up on you, and see if you need anything, enjoy!” They all dug in.

“Wow!” Damion exclaimed, “this is the best Prime Rib I’ve ever tasted! They must have some good chef’s here.”

“These fries are really good too,” Brandon stated, “I like the way they fry them with the skins still on them. I don’t even need ketchup on them.” Damion’s hand snuck over and relieved Brandon of a couple of the fries, just to test them, and he agreed.

A few minutes later Daniel returned to check up on them.

“Daniel,” Damion asked, “Can I order just an order of fries?”

“Not a problem,” Daniel replied, smiling, “I’ll bring you a boat of them, on the house.” When Daniel returned with Damion’s fries, the boys were pretty well finished with their meals.

“Can I interest you guys in some dessert?” Daniel queried.

“Sounds tasty,” DJ replied, “but I don’t have any room left, I’m stuffed! You guys can get some dessert if you want.”

“I think we’ll pass,” Damion said, “we’re stuffed too. Great dinner, Daniel, Thanks.”

“I guess we’re ready to settle up,” Jamie stated.

“We’ve got a pretty decent live band tonight starting at 9:00,” Daniel stated, “in case you want to hang around and maybe do some dancing. I’ll get your check."

DJ, grinning, “We didn’t drive all the way from Smalltown just for dinner, of course we’ll get on the floor and shake some bootie!” Daniel grinned.

When Daniel returned with the check, DJ and Jamie asked Daniel to split the tab between their debit cards. Returning with the receipts and cards, they both added a $15 tip to their receipts, gaining a smile and grateful ‘thank you’ from Daniel.

“When you guys get settled at a table by the dance floor, I’ll bring you some fresh drinks—no additional charge.” The boys all migrated to the dance floor and selected a table. About 8:30 the DJ started to play some music and the boys watched as the band set up their equipment and instruments on the platform. Having drunk over two glasses of Dew with dinner, Damion and Brandon were in need of a restroom and asked DJ where it was, and DJ directed them to the back corner of the Dance Floor, where a lighted sign stated ‘Restrooms.’ After the cousins returned, DJ and Jamie also made a trip to the men’s room.

Even though the DJ was playing danceable music, the floor was empty, but several of the tables had people seated at them, waiting for the band to start playing.

At precisely 9:00 PM the front man of the band took the mic.

“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen! We are The Ace of Spades, and we are privileged to have been invited back, once again to entertain you on another Saturday night at the Waterhole. To help you warm up, we’re gonna start the night with an oldie by Chris Montez, come on everybody and LET’S DANCE!”

The band started to play and DJ pulled Jamie onto the floor and they started the ball rolling. Within a minute they were joined by several other couples all getting down. Looking around the floor, there was one other obviously gay couple, two girl couples, and two probably straight couples.

Brandon, antsy to get on the floor, “Dami, shall we?”

“NO WAY!” Damion responded, “I ain’t dancing with another boy, even if you are my brother!”

The bands’ next number was KC and the Sunshine Bands’ ‘Shake Your Bootie’. DJ and Jamie stayed on the floor for this song, and even more couples came onto the floor. Damion and Brandon were closely watching one of the female couples, that looked quite young and attractive, and wondering if they were lezzies.

The band slowed things up, playing a ballad suitable for slow dancing. While DJ and Jamie held each other tightly and got into the slow dance, the two young girls headed to a table and sat down.

Damion and Brandon decided to test the water, and approached the girls.

“Excuse me ladies,” Damion said, “I’m Damion, and this is my brother, Brandon. We’re new here, and wondered if you two are like—together?”

“Yes—and no,” Kerri said, “we’re together, but just best friends. We’re not romantically attached, if that’s what you meant. I’m Kerri and my friend is Dorrena, she goes by Dorie. We try to come up here every two or three weeks, hoping to meet some nice boys.”

“This is our first time here, and we’re looking for the same thing.” Damion said. “Oops, that didn’t come out right, we’re NOT looking for nice boys, we’re looking to meet some nice girls. Could we interest you in a slow dance?” The girls glanced at each other with a wink.

Kerri offered her hand to Damion and he took it, leading her onto the floor, and Brandon and Dorie also went onto the floor, both couples seeming to enjoy the slow dance.

Jamie, dancing with DJ, “Check out the cousins, Baby.”

“Looks like they maybe found some dance partners,” DJ said.

When the slow dance ended, many of the couples drifted off the floor. Damion and Brandon walked the girls back to their table.

“Can we get our drinks and sit with you?” Brandon asked.

“You sure can,” Dorie replied, smiling. The boys walked over to their table and got their drinks, and returned. The boys sat on opposite sides of the table and the girls next to them.

“So where are you guys from?” Kerri asked.

“Originally we’re from San Francisco,” Damion explained, “but now we live in Smalltown.”

“That’s cool,” Kerri replied, “we both live in Smalltown too. How on earth did you ever end up in a jerkwater place like Smalltown?”

“It’s a little complicated,” Damion replied, “you see those two boys, the blonde and the black one dancing together? They’re our cousins, and they brought us up here tonight.”

“How did you end up with a black cousin?” Dorie asked.

“Like I said, it’s complicated.” Damion said. “There’s a substantial amount of gayness in our family. The black dude is DJ. He grew up in Smalltown, in the projects, and had a really bad home life. Uncle Doug took DJ under his wing, and eventually adopted him, legally. Meanwhile, my mother’s brother, my Uncle Joe, who is gay, rekindled an old relationship with DJ’s adopted father, Doug. Well, Doug and Joe got married, so by marriage, Doug also became our Uncle, and by marriage Uncle Joe became DJ’s Step Dad.”

“You’re right, it is complicated,” Kerri said, “but it’s also very interesting. Tell us more.”

“Our Grandma Reynolds, our Mother’s mother came here from California to Smalltown to attend Uncle Joe and Uncle Doug’s wedding. While our Uncles were on their honeymoon, Granny decided to not return to California. Granny accepted DJ as her Grandson, and Granny and DJ became very close. Granny knew how much DJ and Jamie cared for each other and adopted Jamie as another grandson.”

“So how did Jamie come into the picture?” Dorie asked. “I know who Jamie is, kinda, he works at Anthony’s Pizzeria.”

“Shortly after DJ moved in with Doug, DJ met Jamie at the pizza place, and the two of them had an instant attraction to each other. They fell in love and have been together now for well over a year. They say that gay relationships never last, but I don’t see an ending in sight for Jamie and DJ.”

“What made you and Brandon decide to move here from San Francisco?” Kerri asked, “I would think San Francisco would be a cool place to live.”

“When Grandma passed away,” Damion explained, “Bran and I felt compelled to come and pay our last respects. Mom couldn’t even be bothered to attend her own mother’s funeral! Bran and I lied to our parents, and told them we were going to visit Las Vegas when we really came here for Grandma’s funeral.

“And you just decided to stay here?” Dorie asked.

“Not exactly,” Damion continued. “We’d never met our cousin DJ or Uncle Doug until the time of Grandma’s death, and it had been several years since we’d seen Uncle Joe. Uncle Doug made arrangements for us to stay with Jamie’s parents until we returned to California. In the few days we spent here, we became very close to DJ and Jamie, and realized how much love our East Coast family had for us. Even Jamie’s parents showed us love that we weren’t used to receiving.”

“In addition to being dedicated homophobes,” Brandon added, “Mom and Dad were cold and selfish. Mom hated the fact that Uncle Joe was gay and referred to his marriage to Uncle Doug as a mock wedding. Growing up in Gay Francisco, Dami and I grew up very tolerant of gay folks. We needed to be, because us straight folks were outnumbered. We love DJ and Jamie, and we both think they’re pretty cool, even if they are gay!” The two girls giggled.

“So there you have it folks!” Damion stated, like a TV announcer, “The real reason why the Whitlock brothers have left California and are now residents of the Tarheel State!” The girls both smiled.

The band started playing another up-tempo song and DJ and Jamie were quick to get back on the floor and get down. They were pleased to notice that both of the cousins seemed to be enjoying getting down with the girls they’d met. Returning to a slower tune some of the dancers left the floor, and DJ and Jamie held each other close, swaying to the music. As usual, DJ and Jamie ground against each other and both boys developed erections, which they preferred to ignore.

Damion and Kerri passed close by DJ and Jamie, and DJ and Damion made eye contact. Damion, grinning, gave DJ a thumb up, letting DJ know that things were cool and he was having fun.
When the slow dance was over, both couples returned to the table and continued their conversation, and getting to know each other.

“So what do you guys do?” Kerri asked, “Are you in school or working or what?”

“I’ve graduated with a degree in accounting,” Damion stated, “I’m working as an Office Manager for Smalltown Contractors.”

“No kidding!” Kerri remarked, “You work for Phillip West?” Damion nodded, “He’s my Uncle, the world just got smaller!”

“What about you, Brandon?” Dorie asked.

“Thanks to Jamie’s help, I work part time at Anthony’s Pizzeria, just as a busboy and dishwasher,” Brandon replied. “Come fall I’ll be going to the Community College to continue my degree in Graphic Arts. Most of the classes I took at San Francisco CC are transferring here.”

“OH MY GOD!” Dorie exclaimed, “Our world is shrinking at the speed of light! I can’t believe this, Brandon, I’ll be starting my second year at CC this fall, and in the same curriculum! We could easily end up in some of the same classes together.”

Brandon, grinning, “If those classes get too boring, at least I’ll have someone pretty to look at.”

“You think I’m pretty?” Dorie asked.

“They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” Brandon said, “and this beholder sees beauty when he looks at you. I’d be quite proud to have a girl as pretty as you hanging on my arm.” Dorie smiled.

“You’ve got a beautiful smile too,” Brandon stated, “With that smile you could probably trap almost any boy you might want!”

“You’re not to shabby either Brandon,” Dorie replied, “to be totally honest, I’ve never had a boyfriend. My parents have always told me not to be too anxious, and to get to know the boy well before committing to anything!”

“Dorie,” Brandon responded, “I respect your parents advice. The only commitment I would like from you is very small. I would like for you to commit to getting to know me better, and allow me to get to know you better—a lot better. Is that too much to ask?”

“Probably not,” Dorie replied, smiling. “Would you be willing to make that same commitment to me?”

“I think you know the answer to that,” Brandon replied, “I’m prepared to do whatever I need to do to win your heart! Let’s seal our commitments with some dance floor activity.” Brandon led Dorie onto the floor, and they danced the current song and the next three or four ending with a nice slow song.

Brandon wrapped his arms around Dorie, guiding her around the dance floor. Brandon Junior was not being cooperative and insisted on maintaining a status of total hardness, just following orders from his brain, but just what was Brandon’s brain thinking?

For one of the first times in his life, Brandon was wishing he wore briefs, boxer-briefs or even a jockey strap! As Fernando and Danny had discovered last night at the pizzeria Brandon is rather well endowed. When a boy is hung like Brandon, it’s hard to conceal the size, especially when it becomes erect and is pressing against the fabric of his boxers and jeans.

In actuality, unlike Damion, who had regularly practiced sex with his former girlfriend, Sylvia, Brandon is still sexually a virgin. Dancing closely with Dorie didn’t prevent Brandon from having unclean thoughts racing through his mind and raising havoc with his raging hormones. His boyhood longed to get into Dorie’s pants but his mind wanted to keep their possible relationship clean until the time they were both ready to advance into something greater.

While Brandon and Dorie were enjoying their closeness on the dance floor, Kerri and Damion sat together at the table and got into a deeper discussion.

“Kerri, have you got, or ever had a boyfriend?” Damion asked.

“Not really,” Kerri replied, “I’ve dated a few boys, but none of them ever worked into a relationship. Most of them lost interest in me when I wouldn’t give them what they wanted. I’m still virgin, and I want to stay that way until I meet the boy that I would consider for marriage. How about you?”

“I had a girlfriend, Sylvia, back in Frisco,” Damion stated, “We were together for about a year, and I broke off our relationship when Bran and I decided to move here.”

“Didn’t it bother you to leave her behind?” Kerri asked.

“Not really,” Damion replied, “I loved Sylvia, and she was a good lay, but I never was really ‘in love’ with her. She wasn’t the girl that I ever dreamed of marrying.”

“Is that all you boys think about,” Kerri remarked, “getting a girl into the sack and—you know—having sex?”

“I’ll admit that all boys like to get it off,” Damion replied, “but there are other ways to get sexual relief besides having intercourse with a girl. If I were to meet the right girl, the one that I fall in love with, I would be willing to use one of those alternative methods for sexual gratification.” Kerri grinned, picturing Damion self masturbating or maybe even stroking him off herself, or even giving him head.

In the back of her mind she wonders what Damion might sport between his legs and would love to have the opportunity to fondle it. She likes Damion, and wants to get to know him better.

“So you know that I work for your uncle at Smalltown Contractors. Would you care to tell me what you do?” Damion asked.

“Sure,” Kerri replied, “I’m the activity director at the Golden Age Senior Community. It’s my job to try and find things for the old folks to do to keep them from just rotting away. I run the Bingo Games every day, and sometimes I take them out for their Doctor’s appointments or shopping.”

“The Golden Age Senior Community is where Grandma lived before she took sick and passed away,” Damion said.

“What was her name?” Kerri asked.

“Agatha Reynolds, or Aggie,” Damion replied.

“Oh, I remember her well,” Kerri replied, “she was a really sweet old lady, and we were all very sorry to hear that she didn’t make it, we all loved her.”

“DJ and Jamie went to the hospital to see her,” Damion explained, with tears in his eyes, “and she passed on right in front of them. She was the only grandparent that DJ knew, and he was totally devastated. The Doctor had to give him a tranquilizer to calm him down before Jamie could drive them back to Smalltown. Then, at the viewing before the funeral, DJ fell to pieces and one of his closest friends from college comforted him. I think that DJ took her passing away worse than the rest of us. DJ and Grandma seemed to have developed a special bonding.”

“I know that had to be a really difficult time for you and your family,” Kerri commented.

“It was,” Damion replied, “but some good came from it too. Our Mom didn’t even have the decency to pay tribute to her own mother, but Brandon and I came out here to pay our last respects. We’d never met our cousin, DJ, and he and his boyfriend, Jamie, became very close with Brandon and me. The four of us formed a pact, and our desire to be close to DJ and Jamie, as well as our Uncles, was most of the reason we left San Francisco and moved here.” Kerri smiled.

“Damion,” Kerri stated, “I’d like to think that something else might have resulted from that sad time. If DJ and Jamie hadn’t brought you here to the Waterhole tonight, who knows if or when I might have ever met you. In case you haven’t realized it, I find myself highly attracted to you, I hope I’m not overly attracted.” Now it’s Damion who has the smile on his face.

Damion, taking Kerri’s hand into his, “I think that attraction is a two-way street. I know we only met each other tonight, but I really would like to get to know you better—a lot better! Since moving here, I’ve met just a few girls, but none of them have made me feel like you do. Kerri, would you consider dating me?”

“You mean like a real date? Not a bedroom date.” Kerri asked.

“Yeah,” Damion said, “Like maybe dinner out, and a movie.”

“I’d be agreeable to that,” Kerri responded, leaning over and planting a kiss on Damion’s cheek. “When are you thinking of us doing that?”

“Soon,” Damion replied, “I work Eight to Five, Monday through Friday and I’m off on weekends, what is your work schedule?”

“Mine is kinda f’d up!” Kerri replied, “I work Eleven to Seven, Monday through Saturday with Sundays off, and another day off that varies from week to week. I have to help get the residents to the dining room for lunch and dinner, and get them back to their rooms afterward. I need to make a special request to get a Saturday night off, like today I got relieved at 4:00 PM in order to come up here tonight, but I’ll lose three hours pay.”

“That IS messed up!” Damion remarked, “I don’t want to wait a whole week to see you again, what is your other day off this week?”

“I think it’s Wednesday, but I’m not positive.” Kerri replied, “I can check the schedule Monday and let you know for sure.”

“Assuming it is Wednesday,” Damion stated, “suppose I pick you up about 6:00 PM. We can go to dinner and take in a movie afterwards, or do an early movie and hit one of the eateries in the mall afterwards. What is your domestic situation?”

“I’m not sure what you mean by domestic situation?” Kerri asked.

“Do you have your own place or live with someone else?”

“Oh, I still live with my parents,” Kerri answered, “but I’m free to come and go as I please.” Dami grinned. “If you’re going to pick me up, I need to give you my address, and maybe we should swap phone numbers too.” Damion agreed, and the two traded phone numbers saving them in their cell phones. Kerri also gave Damion her address and he saved it in the GPS on his phone. Not yet really knowing his way around Smalltown, Damion didn’t realize that Kerri lives only about three blocks away from him. Both Damion and Kerri are looking forward to their first date.

It was 11:45 PM and the frontman made the dreaded announcement:

“LAST CALL FOR ALCOHOL! We hope you’ve all enjoyed our music as much as we’ve enjoyed playing for you. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, If you’ve had one too many, find a sober person to drive you home! We don’t want to read statistics in the morning paper on Monday! We’re going to slow things up a bit, how many of you remember the classic instrumental from Santo and Johnny, please enjoy our rendition of ‘SLEEPWALK!’”

DJ and Jamie love this tune, and were the first couple on the floor. The Whitlock Brothers and their girls weren’t far behind. The band finished the set with a real oldie, ‘Goodnight Sweetheart’. As the band started to pack up, many of the dancers left the floor and there was a waiting line at both restrooms, as many of the patrons wanted a last chance pee before departing from the Waterhole.

DJ, Jamie, the brothers and the two girls walked out as a group and headed to the parking lot. DJ unlocked the Tracker and they waited patiently while Damion and Brandon shared departure hugs and kisses with Kerri and Dorie. DJ and Jamie were pleased that the cousins had evidently met some nice girls. The couples finally broke their embraces, and the girls headed to Kerri’s car and the boys into the Tracker.

Out of courtesy, DJ waited until Kerri pulled out and followed them out of the parking lot and onto the road, heading back to Smalltown. On the way home, Damion was excited to tell the other boys that he and Kerri had a date planned for Wednesday evening.

“Way to go, Bro!” Brandon exclaimed, smiling, “The closest Dorie and I have gotten is to exchange phone numbers.”

“So what do you guys think of the Waterhole?” DJ asked.

“I can only speak for myself,” Damion replied, “but I had an awesome time tonight—and met a great chic too!”

“I’d be ready to come up here again!” Brandon said, “and I think I met a pretty cool girl, I can’t wait to get to know her better. Thanks guys, for bringing us up here.”

“You’re entirely welcome guys,” Jamie stated, “but the next time, you guys are going to have to pay for your own meals!” DJ and Jamie were both pleased that the boys had a good time.

The boys followed the girls all the way into Smalltown, until Kerri pulled into the neighborhood where Dorie lived, and then drove on to the Seldon home.

To be continued...........

* * * * *

So ends another chapter in the saga of DJ, Jamie and company. We only made it to bedtime on Saturday night, and the Whitlock Brother’s introduction to the Waterhole.

Chapter 49 will pick up on Tuesday, August 14th, when Maria, Antonio and Fernando will have some happy news to share, and hopefully cover Damion’s and Kerri’s first date Wednesday eve.
As always, your comments are welcome and appreciated. I 💓 you guys, and thank you for reading my tales.
Doug
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I'm glad Damion and Brandon had a good time and met potential girlfriends.

That was cool.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..