Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 10,847 Words
  • 1,888 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 30. Chapter 30

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father has kicked him out (which happens way to often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) have placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. There is no direct, or implied, sexual activity between Fernando and any other character in this story.

HEADS UP! Chapter 30 contains NO SEX, if you’re only looking for stories written to make you hard and horny, skip this chapter. Chapter 30 mostly deals with Fernando’s transition into a loving (gay friendly) foster home, and his adjustment to a new school and making some new friends, and maybe a bit of humor. If you’ve been following this story, I think you’ll love this chapter.

Just a side note, to try and eliminate confusion. Anthony and Antonio are the same person. His real name is Antonio Chevas, and he and Maria are Mexican, but he named the business Anthony’s Pizzeria to give it a more Italian sounding name. Most people just assume that he is Anthony.

 

* * * * * *

On Thursday morning, February 15th, Maria rose early, about 6:15 AM, made coffee, and started preparing Huevo con Chorizo (Eggs and Chorizo Sausage) for breakfast burritos. Antonio came into the kitchen about 6:30, kissed his wife good morning and poured a mug of coffee. After that first cup, he went in to wake Fernando at 6:55.

Antonio, turning on the ceiling light and causing Fernando to cover his eyes with his arm, "Wake up son, breakfast is almost ready, and Mary will be here to pick you up at 8:00. Did you sleep well?"

"Like a rock!" Fernando replied, "Good morning, Dad, I’ll be out as soon as I can get dressed." Anthony left the room and returned to the kitchen, grinning.

Maria, seeing the smile, "What did you find amusing, Honey?"

Anthony, snickering, "I couldn’t help but notice that Fernando’s underwear was on the floor, evidently he sleeps naked. He’s 15, I guess he has the right to sleep how he wants."

About 10 minutes later Fernando walked into the kitchen dressed in clean slim fitting jeans, a plaid, long sleeved sport shirt and sneakers.

"My, you look handsome this morning!" Maria exclaimed.

"Thanks, Mom," Fernando replied, "I figured I should try to dress decently for my first day in a new school." Maria nodded approvingly.

"I hope you like Huevo con Chorizo Burritos," Maria commented.

"I like almost all food, I’m not very fussy," Fernando replied.

The three finished eating breakfast and Mary arrived at 7:55 to pick up Fernando and take him to his new school. About a half a block from Fernando’s home they came upon a group of about 12 teenagers that looked to be high school age. Mary pulled along side of them and asked what school they attended. Several answered "Carter High" and this is where they catch the school bus. They told her the bus is scheduled to arrive at 8:10. Mary knew that Carter High is the school Fernando will be attending. Tomorrow morning, Fernando will be joining this bunch to ride the bus to his new school.

Carter High School is the only high school in this part of the county and has less than 300 students split between 10th, 11th and 12th grades. Students are assigned to a homeroom, with about 30 to 35 students in each homeroom, for a total of nine homerooms, three for each class.

Mary led Fernando to the main office to submit his school records and get him registered. Mrs. Quick, the school clerk, welcomed them. Mrs. Quick asked Sabrina, her assistant, to watch where the busses unload and grab Chad Stewart, and bring him to the office.

Chad, when he and Sabrina walked in, "Good morning Aunt Mary, have you brought us a new student?"

"Yes I have, Chad." Mary responded, "Fernando, this is Chad Stewart, President of the Sophomore Class, and also my nephew. Chad, this is Fernando Gomez, he is in foster care, and transferring from Sherman High."

Chad, shaking hands with Fernando, "Welcome to Carter High."

"Chad," Mrs. Quick stated, "I know you are in Mrs. Wentworth’s homeroom and Fernando will also be assigned to her homeroom. Would you escort Fernando quickly around the school, and introduce him to Mrs. Wentworth and his other homeroom classmates? Fernando, when Chad is done, please return here so I can give you your class schedule."

"I’d be happy to," Chad replied, "Fernando, let’s go." Fernando followed Chad out of the main office. Chad led Fernando around the school and pointed out what was where. Fernando asked where the boy’s rest room was and Chad said it was at the other end of the hall, but the boy’s shower room also had bathroom facilities, and was right close by.

When Chad and Fernando entered the boy’s shower, Fernando noticed the open showers and had an unpleasant Déjà vu of what almost happened at Juvie Hall. Hopefully, the boys here in this school won’t be like those thugs in Juvie Hall.

Chad, while the two boys were in the locker room, "Fernando, signups are in progress for both the Softball and Baseball teams. You might consider signing up for one of them."

"Maybe softball," Fernando responded, "I’m really more of a soccer guy."

"That’s a fall sport," Chad replied, "this is a small school and we don’t have a football team, but we do compete in soccer, and basketball in the winter."

"I’m only 4’11", kinda short for basketball. I would consider trying out for Softball, though, thanks."

Chad ended the tour in room 203, Mrs. Wentworth’s homeroom, and introduced Fernando to Mrs. Wentworth (who is also one of the English teachers) and the students that were already there. Fernando told Chad that he could find his way back to the office.

Mrs. Quick told Mary that Fernando would need a note from his parents or guardians in order to have the bus drop him off at the shopping center instead of the pickup stop near Fernando’s home. She accepted a note from Mary for today, but Fernando would need the note for tomorrow, and the future. It will be the same bus that he rides in the morning, Bus number 34.

Fernando is actually starting his classes today. Mrs. Wentworth marked Fernando as ‘present’ in her register, and told him she would expect him in her English class a little later. Mrs. Quick gave Fernando his class schedule, and issued him a locker with a combination lock, so he would have a place to put his books today.

Fernando needs to do some shopping this evening. Southside Drug should have most of the school supplies he needs, including a backpack. By tomorrow he should be all set for school. After what he has gone through the last few weeks it will feel good to be back in school, but he has no friends there yet. He’s quite likable, and will likely make some friends easily, but probably not the kind of friends he really wants.

He misses his friend Danny White and intends to write him this weekend. By the time Danny gets his letter, he should be down to only a couple more weeks of detention.

* * * * * *

Thursday morning was quite typical for DJ and Jamie. They attended their computer lab from 9:00 to 12:00, ate lunch in the cafeteria, then killed some time just chatting with some other students until time for their volleyball class at 2:00. They left the student lounge and headed to the Men’s locker room about 1:45 to change into their gym outfits. Rusty entered the locker room about the same time.

"Hey Rusty," DJ greeted, "how are you and Jamal getting along?"

Rusty, with both thumbs up, "Doing great! We did Jamal’s parent’s yard Tuesday together, spent the night at his house, and then yesterday afternoon after classes we uncovered the pool at my Grandparents and got it ready for summer. His Dad bought a new grill, and we picked that up at Lowe’s and took it to Jamal’ house. He’s at my grandparents house now, waiting for me to get home from this class, and we’ll be coming to school tomorrow from my place."

"Speaking of the pool," Rusty continued, "some weekend, after the weather warms up and when my grandparents are gone away, Jamal and I plan to host an all male, all gay, clothing optional pool party. I’m telling you now that you two are on the guest list."

Jamie, grinning, "That sounds awesome, we’ll be looking forward to that! I can picture a bunch of naked gay guys skinny dipping!"

"Not only that," Rusty remarked, "Jamal’s parents have accepted me as Jamal’s boyfriend, and Jamal is welcome at my home too. It’s really cool, having families that accept and understand us."

"I’m glad for you and Jamal," DJ added, "Jamie and I are both fortunate enough to have families that understand and love us, unconditionally. See you on the court."

When DJ plays volleyball he wears a constant smile, seems like he is really getting into the game, and is having a lot of fun.

 

* * * * * *

Fernando managed to get through his first day without incident. He observed that maybe about 5% of the students were of Hispanic heritage and the rest about 50/50 black and white. In his first class, which was World Geography, he was aware that he had no pencils, pens, or notebook. Lori, a rather nice, friendly girl gave him a notebook that she said was an extra, and he could keep it, and the teacher, Mrs. Lawrence, gave him a pencil she said he could keep. He would be taking that textbook home today, as there was a reading assignment that needed to be done before Friday.

At 1:30 to 2:50 the boys were scheduled for Physical Education on Mondays and Wednesdays, and the girls had P.E. at the same time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Other days he had study hall at that time. School days end at 3:15 and the busses leave to take the students’ home at 3:30.

Chad had informed Fernando that he needed to bring his gym shorts, probably a tank top or tee shirt, sneakers and a towel on the day of his first PE class (Monday). The coach, (PE teacher) will assign him a locker in the boys shower room, and Chad advised him he may want to get a combination padlock for his locker to protect his personal stuff while in gym class, and his exercise clothing and towel at other times. Chad told him that most of the boys had a separate pair of sneakers just for PE that they kept in their lockers.

With the exception of Physical Education, the students had the same classes every day, Monday through Friday. Chad also suggested that, since we’re nearing the end of the basketball season, Fernando might wish to attend the game Friday night and root for the Carter Cardinals. Tip off should be about 7:30 PM. That invitation helped to make Fernando feel even a little more welcome and comfortable in his new school.

At lunchtime all the kids headed to the cafeteria except Fernando, and he just kinda hung in the hallway, not having thought about bringing any money with him.

"Hey, dude," a tall black boy spoke to Fernando, "Aren’t you going to eat?"

"I didn’t think to bring any money with me," Fernando replied.

This boy, putting his hand on Fernando’s shoulder, "C’mon bud, it’s only 75 cents, I gotcha covered. I wouldn’t want to see anyone be hungry. I’m Devon, Devon King, and I believe you’re name is Fernando Gomez?"

"Right, I just transferred here from Sherman High, and this is my first day," Fernando answered. The two boys bumped fists. Devon and Fernando went through the cafeteria line and Devon paid for both of their meals.

"Let’s sit over here," Devon stated, and led Fernando to a table where two other boys were sitting.

Devon spoke, "Mike Calhoun and Drake Edwards, this is Fernando Gomez, and this is his first day here at Carter." Both young men stood and shook hands with Fernando. Mike is white and Drake is black, not that it really makes any difference.

"Fernando, you’re coming to the game tomorrow night aren’t you?" Drake asked.

"I’m thinking about it, maybe."

"Fernando," Devon stated, "If you’re gonna be part of this school, you damned better be around to support the Carter Cardinals! The three of us are all part of the basketball team."

Fernando, smiling, "OK guys, I’ll try to be there!" Fernando is actually starting to feel welcome and wanted.

"Whatdya mean you’ll try?" Devon asked.

"Well, my foster parents run Anthony’s Pizzeria, and, if it’s busy, there may be no one available to bring me to the school, or pick me up after the game."

"I got you covered, bud," Devon responded, smiling, "my parents never miss a game, I’ll ask them to pick you up at Anthony’s and bring you to the school. After the game, just come into the boys’ locker room and hitch a ride with one of us back to the pizzeria. I know some of us will be headed there after the game. Are you OK with that?"

Fernando, smiling, "Sounds like a plan to me. You don’t think your parents would mind?"

"Not at all, I know my parents," Devon replied, "they will likely be there to pick you up about 7:00 PM, so be ready."

Fernando, as the four boys got up to leave, "Devon, thank you so much for buying my lunch. I’ll pay you back tomorrow."

"No need to," Devon replied, "one day someone else, maybe even me, might not have lunch money, and you can pay it forward. I’ll see you in class tomorrow."

Fernando was in study hall when the bell rang out at 3:15, signaling the end of the school day and that it was time to board the busses. He went to his locker and grabbed the notebook, and his English and Geography textbooks, and made his way down the hall with about 150 other students. He found bus number 34 and stepped onto it, handing the note from Mary Stewart to the bus driver, instructing her to drop him off at the shopping center. She nodded in response.

"Ma’am," Fernando asked the driver, "is there any particular seat you want me to use?"

"I haven’t assigned seats, so just sit anywhere you wish," she said.

Fernando walked about halfway toward the back and selected an empty seat, sitting next to the window. A couple minutes later a young lady approached him.

"Excuse me, but you’re sitting in my seat," she stated.

Fernando, instantly rising, "Sorry miss, I didn’t know." He is looking around for another empty seat, but didn’t see one.

"Hey, don’t leave," she said, "I usually sit in that seat, next to the window, but nobody usually sits on the side next to the isle, are you new here?"

"Yeah, this was my first day here at Carter, I was transferred here from Sherman. My name is Fernando Gomez."

"I’m Elizabeth Martin, but most everyone just calls me ‘Liz.,’ do you have a nickname?"

"I think I do now," Fernando said, "my foster parents run Anthony’s Pizzeria, and Jamie, one of the servers, started calling me ‘Fernie.’"

"I think that’s a cute nickname, for a cute boy," Liz said, smiling, "what grade are you in?"

Fernando, blushing a little, "I’m in Tenth."

"So you’re a sophomore, and I’m a junior, are you Mexican?"

"No, my biological parents are Argentine, but I was born here, so I guess I’m just American. There were problems at home and CPS took me and placed me in a foster home. I’ve only been with them since yesterday, and so far, I’m very happy there. I call them Mom & Dad, and they treat me more like their son than my real parents ever did."

"I’m happy for you that you, apparently, got placed in a good foster home," Liz commented, "Some kids aren’t that lucky."

It was only about an 8 or10 minute ride from the school to the shopping center.

Fernando, as the bus pulled into the shopping center, "Here is where I get off, see you later." He picked up his books and walked toward the front door of the bus.

Liz, smiling, "Bye, Fernie, see you tomorrow."

It was about 3:45 when Fernando entered the pizzeria. There were no customers, Maria and Anthony were sitting at a table, and both rose when they saw Fernando enter and held their arms open to give him a hug. It seems that Anthony and Maria have quickly lost their hearts to this young man.

"Well Son," Anthony asked, "how was your first day at Carter High?"

"Not bad," Fernando answered, "actually it was pretty decent. Do you and Mom think you could get by tomorrow night, if I was not here to help you?"

"Probably," Anthony replied, "what do you have on your mind?"

Fernando explained about how the day went, and how Devon King bought his lunch, and he ate with Devon, Mike and Drake, and they all encouraged him to attend the Basketball Game tomorrow night. That Devon’s parents would pick him up here and take him to the school before the game. He also mentioned that he needed to pick up some school supplies, and that he had some reading assignments to do tonight.

"Son," Anthony said, "there is no way I would want to deprive you from attending your school’s games. I’m actually pleased that you want to get involved with your schools activities. I think it will help you meld into the school, and not feel like an outsider."

Anthony, reaching for his wallet, "Will $20 get what school supplies you need? You should be able to get what you need over there at Southside Drug."

"I don’t know, a backpack will probably take most of that," Fernando replied, smiling.

"Wait," Anthony said, "you’re probably right, here’s another $10, if you have anything left over, you can use it for lunch money."

"Thanks, Dad," Fernando replied, smiling, as he stuffed the $30 in his pocket and headed to Southside Drug.

Fernando found a backpack that he liked, and one of only two that were still left in stock, and gathered up the other school supplies he needed and headed to the checkout where Gwen was working.

"I haven’t seen you before," Gwen said, "what school do you go to?"

"Carter High," Fernando answered, "today was my first day there, I was transferred from Sherman."

"Did your family move to a different neighborhood?"

"No, I’m a foster child, and my foster parents live in a different area from where my real parents live, I really like my foster parents, though, and I think I’m much better off with them."

"Did you see the Carter Cardinal Tee shirts we just got in?" Gwen asked. "They’re on that rack over there, check ‘em out."

After Fernando paid for the merchandise, he walked over and checked out the Tee’s. Some were red and some were white, all had a Cardinal bird image on the front with lettering stating ‘Carter Cardinals’ and lettering on the back stating ‘GO CARDS!’ He wants one to wear to the game tomorrow night, but they’re $15 that he doesn’t have right now. He still has that $20 that Jamie and Ruth gave him last night, but it’s at home. He plans to come back tomorrow and get one to wear to the game tomorrow night.

When he returned to the pizzeria, Anthony suggested he hit his homework, and told him the best place to study is in the party room, or, if he preferred, he could study in the office.

"Thanks, Dad," Fernando replied, "I’ll be in the party room, come and get me if you need any help." He took his new school supplies and gathered his textbooks and headed to the party room to study.

About 4:45 PM Anthony entered the party room and told Fernando that dinner was ready. Fernando followed Anthony out to a table where there were three tossed salads, and three plates of Fettuccini Alfredo with chicken. The three enjoyed their first dinner together as a family. Anthony had to break away a couple times to make pizza’s that were ordered. Lindsey had one table to serve, and Ruth came in to work at 5:00 PM.

Anthony, at about 5:15, "Fernie, how much more time do you need for your homework?"

"I don’t know," Fernando replied, "maybe 15 or 20 minutes."

"When you finish, I’d like to show you how to run the cash register so you can cash out customers, if it’s OK with you."

Fernando, smiling, "Sure Dad, I’ll do anything I can to help you and Mom out, I hope you know that." Anthony smiled, loving the cooperation he is getting from this young man. He is very happy that he and Maria have this foster son to care for.

As usual for a weekday night, they closed at 9:00 PM and headed home. Fernando took a shower and was in bed shortly after 10:30 PM, after kissing his parent’s goodnight. He loves living here with Maria and Anthony.

Anthony, just after he and Maria went to bed, "Baby, I feel like I was meant to be a father, and I love that young man so much. I couldn’t ask for a better son."

"I know what you mean, Honey," Maria responded, "if Fernando were to be removed from our care, I’d be heartbroken. I think we needed him as much, or maybe even more, than he needs us! We just didn’t know it. I think we’ve all been blessed."

* * * * * *

Friday started out about like Thursday except that Maria fixed a more conventional breakfast of Bacon and Eggs, Toast and orange juice. Mary would not be coming today, but Fernando still had to leave the house about 8:00 AM to catch the school bus at 8:10.

Anthony wrote a note for the bus driver stating that she was to drop Fernando off at the shopping center every day except Mondays, and signed it ‘Antonio Chevas, Fernando Gomez’s foster Dad’ and gave it to Fernando to give to the bus driver.

After breakfast, Fernando went back to his room, stuffed the two $10 bills (his cut of the tips) into his pocket, donned a light jacket, threw the backpack over his shoulders, came back and kissed Anthony and Maria goodbye, and headed out to catch the bus.

Liz, as Fernando approached the group of teens at the bus stop, "Fernie! I didn’t realize you live in this neighborhood, which house do you live in?"

Fernando, pointing, "The third one down on the left, kind of a gray-blue one."

"That’s so cool," Liz replied, smiling, "I live in that white corner house, so we’re only two doors apart!" Then, raising her voice, "Hey gang! This is Fernie Gomez, and this is just his second day at Carter, you guys wanna give him a welcome?"

All the other teens in the group either shook hands or bumped fists with Fernando and three or four even gave him a welcoming hug. When the bus arrived, Liz invited Fernie to share her seat and he accepted. Fernando is hoping, in the back of his mind, that Liz is not developing romantic thoughts about him. He’s not ready to tell her that he likes boys, although he is enjoying her friendship.

* * * * * *

Friday afternoon when school let out Fernando made his way to bus 34 and he and Liz shared the same seat on the way home.

"Are you coming to the game tonight?" Liz asked.

"As a matter of fact, I am," Fernie replied, smiling. "Devon King’s parents are picking me up at the pizzeria and bringing me to school for the game. He said I could likely catch a ride back with one of the players, as some of them will be going to the pizzeria after the game."

"Fernie, you’ll see me at the game," Liz stated, "I’m one of the cheerleaders." Fernando smiled and nodded.

When the bus dropped Fernando off at the shopping center, he dropped his backpack into the rear seat of his parents Malibu, and headed into the pizzeria.

"Where is your backpack?" Anthony asked.

"I dropped it into the car," Fernando responded, "I’ve got all weekend to study, and I’m going to the game tonight. I do need to go back to the drug store before the game though."

"What did you forget?" Anthony inquired.

"I want to get one of those ‘Carter Cardinal’ tee shirts to wear to the game tonight, I didn’t have the money yesterday to get it."

Anthony, reaching for his wallet, "How much are they?"

"$15, but I brought the money that Jamie and Ruth gave me for helping them out Wednesday night, so I can pay for it myself," Fernando stated, "I’ll see you in a few minutes." He left.

DJ, as he met Fernando in the store, "Hi Fernie, how is everything going? And how is the new school?"

"I’m very happy, DJ, my foster parents treat me better than my real parents ever did, and I love them both very much. Most of the students that I’ve met seem to be pretty cool, and they really encouraged me to attend the basketball game tonight. I want to get one of those ‘Carter Cardinal’ tee shirts to wear to the game."

"We did have just red and white ones," DJ stated, "but we got another shipment of them today, and now we also have yellow and light green ones." Then, leading Fernie to the tee shirts, "What color would you like?"

"Wow!" Fernie exclaimed, "What color do you think would look best on me?"

"I’m partial to red," DJ stated, "but the red bird looks better on the white, yellow and green ones, I think the green one would look great on you. You’re pretty small, I think you need a size S. If you get a Small and it’s too tight, bring it back and we can swap it for a Medium."

Fernie, holding the light green shirt against his chest, "I think I like the green one." DJ nodded in approval.

"Randy," DJ asked, "can you please check us out?" Randy came out from the pharmacy to DJ’s terminal, and DJ retrieved his debit card from his wallet. Randy rang up the purchase, giving DJ the 10% employee discount.

"I have the money to pay for it," Fernando said.

"Fernie," DJ retorted, "I want to buy this for you, as a gift, Randy, this is Fernando Gomez, he is Anthony and Maria’s new foster son, and Fernie, this is my Manager, Randy Shultz."

Randy, after completing the transaction, and coming out from the terminal, "Welcome to our family, Fernando," and gave Fernando a warm hug. He then returned to the pharmacy.

"What did he mean when he said ‘Welcome to our family’" Fernando asked DJ.

Before answering, DJ looked around to see if anyone was within earshot. "Fernie, generally speaking, LGBT people consider other LGBT people to be ‘family’. I think you know that Jamie and I have been boyfriends for almost a year now, and Randy and his boyfriend have announced their wedding plans. My Dad and his former boyfriend tied the knot in January and are now husbands, so I have a Dad, and a Step-dad, that I care deeply for."

"Wow," Fernie responded, "I just learned a lot in the last few minutes. That would mean that my friend Danny, that I met in Juvie Hall, and I are ‘family’ just because we’re both gay?"

"You learn quickly, my young friend," DJ answered, smiling, "but because society isn’t widely accepting of our lifestyle, we need to keep our sexuality under wraps. I need to get back to work, I hope you enjoy the game tonight, just remember, you need to be careful who you share some personal information with. No one needs to know why you were removed from your real parent’s home and placed in a foster home. I’ll probably see you before you go home tonight."

"Thanks, DJ, and thank you for the shirt. See you later." Fernando had a sprint in his step and a smile on his face as he headed back to the pizzeria.

When Fernando entered the pizzeria, it was after 4:30 PM and there were only a couple of customers. Jamie had clocked in at 4:00 PM and Maria was just finishing dinner for her family. For dinner tonight she was preparing cabbage and kielbasa. Jamie delivered a pizza to the second table and refilled their drinks, then turned his attention to Fernie.

Jamie, giving Fernando a warm hug, "So, little brother, how did school go today?"

"Decent," Fernie replied, "and I have something to show you."

Fernando, pulling the new tee shirt out of the bag, and holding it up proudly, "DJ bought this and gave it to me today! I’m going to wear it to the basketball game tonight."

"Cool," Jamie reacted, "how are you getting to the school?"

"Devon King, one of the players, has asked his parent’s to pick me up here and take me to the game, and he said some of the players would be coming here after the game, and I could catch a ride with one of them to get back."

"Sounds like you’re starting to make some new friends," Jamie responded, "I’m happy for you, I hope you enjoy the game."

Maria had already set the table for three, then brought out a large dish and placed it in the center of the table. She looked at Jamie.

"Jamie," Maria asked, "do you like cabbage and kielbasa?"

"I sure do," Jamie replied, "DJ’s Dad has made it a couple times."

"I think we have plenty," Maria said, "grab another bowl and silver and you can have dinner with us."

Jamie, wasting no time getting another bowl and returning to the table, sitting next to Fernie. "Thank you, Maria, it’ll be a pleasant change from pizza." Jamie is keeping his eyes on the guests, making sure they are well taken care of. Jamie will be working until close tonight at 11:00 PM (or after).

The first table of four people got up, and the adult couple (the other two were likely their kids) headed to the register to pay their bill and Fernie went to the register to take care of them.

The father, speaking to Fernie, "We haven’t seen you before, are you a new employee?"

"No," Fernando replied, "I’m Fernando, and Anthony and Maria, that own this restaurant, are my foster parents. Was everything satisfactory?"

"Everything was perfect, the food and the service was awesome," he answered, "can you break a twenty into two tens?"

"Sure," Fernie answered, giving the man back two $10 bills. The man then handed one of the tens to the young boy, who, in turn, placed the ten on the table, smiling. Kids love to tip. $10 is a pretty decent tip for a $24 tab!

Dinner finished, Fernando gathered up the dirty dishes and took them to the dishwasher (meaning the machine). Ruth clocked in at 5:00 PM, and business started to pick up. Friday nights are one of the busiest in the pizza business. Fernando is watching the clock, as he is expecting the Senior King’s to pick him up about 7:00 PM.

As it got busier, both Ruth and Jamie had more tables to serve, and Fernie resumed his activities that he had done Wednesday, bussing tables, and helping to keep patrons supplied with drinks, and occasionally cashing out a customer or taking care of carryout orders. He is gradually learning the business.

About 6:50 PM a tall black man walked in.

Jamie, greeting him with the usual, "Eating in or getting carryout?"

The man, grinning, "I guess it’s carryout, I’ve been requested to pick up a young man by the name of Fernando and take him to school for the basketball game. I’m Devon King’s Dad."

"Hold on a minute," Jamie replied, "and I’ll get him." Then, taking a buss tray from Fernie, "I’ll take that, Fernie, I think your ride is waiting, over by the door."

Fernando, walking up to the man, "Mr. King?" He nodded. "I’m Fernando Gomez, can you wait just a couple of minutes for me, so I can change my shirt?"

"Sure, no problem," Mr. King answered.

Fernie slipped back to the office, changed shirts, and came back out about 3 minutes later, proudly wearing his new, green ‘Carter Cardinals’ tee shirt.

Addressing Anthony, where he was making pizzas, "Dad, my ride is here, I’ll see you after the game."

"See you then, have fun and I hope your team wins!" Anthony replied, smiling.

Mr. King led Fernando to his car, where his wife was sitting in the front passenger seat, and two younger boys sat in the back.

"Okay boys," Mr. King commanded, "slide over and make room for Fernando. Fernando, this is Mrs. King, Devon’s Mom, and his two younger brothers, Steven and Andrew." Steven looked to be about 12 and Andrew about 9 or 10.

"It’s nice to meet you, Fernando," Mrs. King said, "so how did you and Devon meet?"

"Well, yesterday was my first day at Carter, and I didn’t think to bring any money for lunch, and Devon bought my lunch. We ate at the same table, and just kinda started to get acquainted from there. He introduced me to Drake and Mike and all three of them encouraged me to come watch them play, and so here I am, on my way to watch the Carter Cardinals win this game."

"You’ve got a nice, positive attitude, Fernando," Mr. King stated.

"Are you from Mexico?" Steven asked.

"No," Fernando responded, "I’m Hispanic, but I was born here. My parents were from Argentina, so I guess I’m Argentine American."

"Oh," Steven replied, "kinda like we’re African American?"

"I guess," Fernando answered.

They arrived at the school and paid their admission for the game. Because Fernando is a student, with proper ID, his admission was $1.00. Mr. King had to pay $2.00 each for him and his wife, and $1.00 for each of the boys. Fernando elected to sit on the lowest bleacher seat alone, not wishing to infringe on anyone else’s territory, if someone wanted to sit next to him, fine.

During two or three of the cheerleaders’ routines, Liz was right in front of Fernando. She waved and winked at him.

The game itself was anything but a blowout. The Devils and the Cardinals seemed to be taking turns leading. At one time, the Cards were up by 2, then a few minutes later, the Devils gained the lead by one or two points. It’s down to crunch time folks.

The cheerleaders had done their last exhibition, with only about 5 minutes to go in the game, and Liz came and sat next to Fernando.

Thirty seconds on the clock, the Devils up by two, 62 to 60, with the Cards in control of the ball. The Cards desperately need two points to tie the game, and take it into OT. The clock is ticking down, 11, 10, 9, 8, Conner throws the ball to King, who takes two quick steps backward, and fires from behind the three-point line. Whoosh! Nothing but net, just as the buzzer sounds.

The Cardinal fans go crazy, Cards win by one at the buzzer! Fernando and Liz were hugging each other and jumping up and down with excitement.

Fernando, one of the first supporters to run onto the floor and wrap his arms around Devon, "Great shot, Devon!"

"Thanks, Fernando, I’m really glad you came, and I love your shirt, I hadn’t seen one quite like that before. Where did you get it?" Devon asked.

"Southside Drug just got them in today, they have them in yellow also." Fernando replied.

"Thanks for coming tonight," Devon said, "You still need that ride back to Anthony’s?"

"Yeah," Fernando answered.

"Well just follow us into the boys shower, and we’ll get you one."

Fernando followed the players to the locker room. What a sight, about 9 or 10 players from each school crowded into a locker room and shower meant for about 8 guys. He’d never seen so many good-looking athletic bodies, naked, in one place before.

Gradually, the bodies dried themselves and started to put on clothing.

Devon, still naked, spoke up, "Hey! are any of you guys heading to Anthony’s Pizzeria?"

There were about 5 or 6 ‘YES’ answers, and then ‘Why’s’.

"One of our teams newest supporters needs to catch a ride there, if somebody can help (pointing) Fernando out," Devon stated.

Mark, approaching Fernando, "I’m Mark, thanks for supporting the Cards, there are four of us going there, it might be a tad cozy, but I know we can fit a little guy like you in with us. Just be ready to leave as soon as we’re all dressed."

"Thanks, Mark, I really appreciate it," Fernando replied.

When Mark and the rest of his carload pulled into Anthony’s there were quite a few cars in the parking lot. He parked, and the five guys walked into Anthony’s. The pizzeria was BUSY! Almost all of the tables were occupied. Jamie had already "drafted" DJ to come and help as soon as he got off work at the store. Within minutes, Fernando was also working. Anthony’s was getting hammered. Ruth was to have finished her shift at 9:00 but Anthony asked her to stay through this unexpected rush.

"Son," Anthony stated, "I think you can be of the most help if you’ll handle the carryout orders, and the register, and maybe do some bussing."

"Sure, Dad," Fernando replied.

The big talk was about the Card’s big win, and that 3 pointer that Devon King threw up, clinching the game for the Card’s. Devon was like a celebrity, and wasn’t even there to accept the praise.

Although Anthony’s officially closes at 11:00 on Friday evenings, it was 11:45 when the last of the guests paid and left, and 12:15 AM when the crew finally got to leave. It will be a short night for DJ, as he is scheduled to be in at 10:00 AM Saturday morning. Anthony and Maria will need to be at the restaurant about 9:30 to start their prep. They are thankful there are no parties scheduled for any time early tomorrow. It was very busy all evening, and Ruth and Jamie both did well on tips.

Jamie told DJ when they went to bed that he’d made over $100 in tips tonight. They were both exhausted and snuggled together, falling asleep soon, with not even a thought about having sex.

Fernando, just before he and his parents went to bed, "Dad, do I really need to go to the pizzeria with you in the morning?"

"Probably not," Anthony replied, "what did you want to do?"

"Well, I don’t have school," Fernie responded, "I’d like to sleep in, maybe watch a little TV, play some of my music, and, most of all, I want to write a letter to my friend, Danny White. He’s still in Juvie Hall, but he should be getting out in another 2 or 3 weeks."

"What about your breakfast, honey?" Maria questioned.

"Mom!" Fernie exclaimed, "I’m 15 years old, and I’m not helpless, I am perfectly capable of getting my own breakfast and lunch. Also, if I’m home, I can do my homework that will be due Monday."

"You’ll need to come to the restaurant later," Maria added, "how will you get there?"

"It’s not that far," Fernie responded, "I can walk there in about 15 or 20 minutes."

"I think," Anthony stated, "especially since we don’t have a home phone, I need to get you a cell phone. I can have it added to my account, and it shouldn’t cost too much more." Then, reaching into one of the cupboards and retrieving a key, "Fernie, please try not to lose this key, it’s a spare key to the house, and you will need it to get in if you’re not with us."

Fernie, taking the key and placing it in his wallet, "Thanks, Dad, do you have an envelope and a stamp, so I can mail that letter tomorrow?"

"Not here, Son, but we do have both at the store," Anthony answered, "It’s late, I think we all need to get to bed."

Fernando, kissing his parents goodnight, "You’ll both be gone to work before I get up tomorrow, so I’ll see you later, when I get to the store. Mom, Dad, I love you both very much, goodnight." They all headed to bed.

* * * * * *

Earlier on that same Friday evening a young man pulled up in front of the Walsh home and walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. Ken Walsh answered the door.

"Hi Matt," Ken greeted warmly, "come on in, the ladies should be ready shortly. A little bird told me that your favorite restaurant is Red Lobster, and your girlfriend wanted us to go there tonight. Come sit in the living room with me while we wait."

"Thank you, Sir," Matt replied, "If you don’t mind my asking, what is your occupation?"

"I don’t mind at all, Matt," Ken said, "I’m an investment advisor, and stock broker. How are things going in school? And are you keeping your grades up?"

"I’m trying to earn straight A’s, but I’ve got a couple of B’s in the mix," Matt stated, "I think I told you, I’m doing the 2 plus 2 with the goal of becoming a Mechanical Engineer. The first year is nearly complete, just a couple more months."

Matt immediately stood up when the ladies entered, Marie and Matt walked toward each other and shared a tight hug, and a passionate kiss.

"You look awesomely beautiful tonight, sweetheart," Matt exclaimed.

"Thanks, baby," Marie replied, "and you always look very handsome to me."

"Can we cool the sweet talk and get out of here?" Ken said, grinning.

Marie and her Mom both pulled coats from the front closet, Ken held his wife’s coat and Matt held Marie’s, while the ladies pushed their arms into the sleeves. Ken held the front door open while the other’s exited, then locked the door behind them. Both Ken and Matt held the passenger side doors open on the Cadillac while Marie and her Mom slid in, then walked around and entered the car from the other side.

Marie snuggled close to Matt in the back seat and Matt’s arm instinctively wrapped around Marie’s shoulder while Ken piloted the car toward the Red Lobster. Being a Friday evening, the parking lot was quite full, and there was going to be a 15 or 20 minute wait for seating.

Finally the hostess announced, "Walsh, party of four" and turned them over to Sean, their server for tonight.

Sean, as he led them to their table, "Good to see you Matt, is this your sister? (Referring to Marie)

"No Sean," Matt replied, "I don’t have a sister, this is my girlfriend, Marie Walsh and this is her Mom and Dad."

Ken, looking at both guys, "You guys know each other?"

"Not real well," Sean answered, "Matt and I share one of the same classes at college."

(Matt is thinking, if Sean had ever doubted his maleness, this should convince him that he is a guy)

Ken ordered a carafe of wine for he and his wife, knowing that neither Marie nor Matt are old enough to drink alcohol (legally). Matt and Marie both requested Mountain Dew. When Sean returned with the drinks, he also brought them a basket of the Red Lobster’s famous cheesy biscuits, and took orders for their dinners.

Sean gave them excellent service, and the food was great, as usual. They thoroughly enjoyed the dinner and the companionship. Ken picked up the tab, and added a $25 tip for Sean.

On the way home, M&M did some heavy petting in the back seat, and Matt was glad he’d thought to stuff a Kotex in his crotch. All in all, it had been a fantastic evening. When they arrived back at Marie’s house, M&M went to Marie’s room, and enjoyed a couple of private hours together, then Matt left about 11:00 PM and headed home.

* * * * * *

Saturday morning Fernando woke up, needing to pee, and had no idea what time it might be. He slipped out of bed and looked out of his window and noted that the Malibu was not in the driveway, so he knew that his parents had left for work, and he was alone in the house.

He walked into the bathroom and relieved himself, then used a couple sheets of toilet paper to blot up those last 4 or 5 drops that always like to hang under the foreskin. He always wishes that he had been circumcised and hates having that foreskin covering the head of his penis.

Fernando took advantage of the fact that he was alone, and walked into the kitchen naked, to see what time it was. Wow! It was 12:20 PM already. He hadn’t expected to sleep this late!

He started to check out the cupboards and found a box of Cheerios that had never been opened, and noticed a basket with some fruit on the counter, taking a banana from it. The refrigerator produced a jug of milk. Breakfast! He enjoyed the pleasure of sitting at the table, naked, and eating breakfast.

Looking out the back door, he had a desire to check out the back yard. Had it been warmer (but it is still February) he would have liked to walk out naked and see what the back yard had to offer. He then decided to go ahead and write that letter to Danny.

He spent the next hour writing the letter, then finally decided to get dressed and explore the back yard, ending up in the front yard, and sat down on the front steps.

"Fernie!" Liz exclaimed, approaching him from the street, "What are you doing today?"

"Not too much," Fernando answered, "I slept in this morning, and just had some breakfast about an hour ago, and wrote a letter to a friend, you?"

"I was hoping you might like to take a walk in the park with me, unless you have something important to do?" Liz said.

"I didn’t know there was a park close by," Fernando answered, "that might be a good way to kill some time, how far away is it?"

"Probably about a 15 minute walk from here," Liz said, "I need to get a jacket and tell my Mom where we’re going, if you’re ready we can go to the house now, and I can introduce you to my Mom."

"OK, I need a jacket too," Fernando said, "and a quick trip to the bathroom, and I have to lock the doors, give me about 5 minutes." Liz waited patiently until Fernie came back out.

"Come on in," Liz said, opening the front door of her home, "Mom," she said, "I’d like to introduce you to our new neighbor, Fernando Gomez, he is a foster son to the Chevas’s that live two doors down, Fernie, this is my Mom, Alice Martin."

"Nice to meet you, Ma’am," Fernando said, "Liz and I met on the school bus and have kinda gotten to know each other a little."

"It’s nice to meet you too," Mrs. Martin asked, "So what are you two planning to do?"

"I asked Fernie to go with me," Liz said, "and take a walk in the park with me. We’ll be back in a couple of hours, Mom."

"Okay honey," Mrs. Martin said, "you two enjoy your walk and be good."

Fernando, as they walked out the door, "See you in a couple."

They walked about a half a block, passing the school bus stop, and Liz reached for Fernando’s hand, and they continued walking, holding hands.

Liz, about 5 blocks later, "Come on, Fernie, this way, we’ve only got about 3 more blocks to go. I’ll give you a heads up, there aren’t any sidewalks, per se’, but there are bike paths that are shared with walkers."

They arrived, there was a parking lot near the entrance to the park, and a sign at the entrance that read ‘MUNICIPAL PARK’ ‘Open during daylight hours’ ‘Please observe rules’ Biker’s Welcome, NO POWERED VEHICLES PERMITTED, Please clean up after your pets, No Open Fires Allowed.

"Fernie," Liz asked, "do you have a bike?"

"I did," Fernando answered, "but it got left behind, at my former home, I hope to get a new one before long."

"Cool," Liz responded, "when you get one, we can ride our bikes here."

Liz and Fernando wandered around the park. The only grass was around a few picnic tables, and the park benches. The many trees gave the sensation of walking in a forest. There were a number of signs that read ‘CAUTION! Watch out for bikers’.

"This is a pretty nice park," Fernando said, as Liz pulled him over to sit on a bench with her." She made an attempt to kiss him, but he pulled away.

"So Fernie," Liz inquired, "what happened, that CPS placed you in a foster home?"

"I think that’s kind of personal, Liz," Fernando answered, "and not something I’m ready to share, maybe we should head back toward home."

"No! We just got here, Fernie, I like you, I like you a lot, and I want to be your friend, maybe your best friend," Liz responded.

"I think I need to keep some things to my self, Liz."

"Fernie," Liz replied, "friends, especially close friends, share secrets with each other. I really want to be your friend, and I really want to know what happened, because I care about you. Please?"

"If I tell you," Fernie replied, "will you promise not to tell anyone else, and you probably won’t want to be my friend anymore."

"Try me!" Liz exclaimed, "Tell me your secret, and I’ll carry it to my grave."

Fernando told Liz the whole story, starting with the day he got caught kissing the other boy in the restroom, up to when he was placed in the foster home with Anthony and Maria. Liz listened intently, periodically wiping tears from her face.

Liz, as Fernando finished the story, "Oh My God, how could your father do that?" She threw her arms around Fernando, hugging him and kissing his cheek, "Fernie, so what if you’re gay? I still love you, for who you are, and I still want you to be my best friend!"

"So you’re OK with me being gay?" Fernando asked.

"You betcha," Liz replied, grinning, "and I still want to share my seat on the bus with you, too." Liz’s cell phone rang. "Hi Mom."

Liz’s mom was speaking on the other end.

Liz, smiling at Fernando, "Sure Mom, I’d be glad to bring him home for lunch, give us about 15 or 20 minutes to get there, see you in a few, bye."

"Fernie, Mom asked me to bring you home for lunch, and I want your phone number, so we can keep in closer touch with each other."

"I don’t have a phone, yet," Fernando stated, "but Dad wants to get me one and add it to his account. As soon as I know the number, I’ll give it to you." Liz smiled.

Liz and Fernando arrived back at Liz’s house and enjoyed a casual lunch with Liz’s Mom. After lunch, Fernando returned home and attended to his homework. He will be walking to the restaurant later to help his parents until they close tonight at 11:00 PM.

Fernando likes the relationship, or friendship that seems to be developing between Liz and him. He likes Liz a lot, but only as a friend, he would prefer to have a boyfriend, rather than a girlfriend (of course).

About 3:30 PM Fernando grabbed the letter he’d written to Danny, and left the house, locking the doors and started the walk to Anthony’s Pizzeria, arriving there about 20 minutes later.

Fernando, soon after his arrival, "Dad, can I get an envelope and stamp from you so I can get this letter mailed out to Danny?"

Anthony went to the office and got the items, bringing them out and handing them to Fernando. Fernando addressed the envelope, sealed the letter inside, placed the stamp on it and headed to the Post Office to mail it, which is only about 5 minutes from the Pizzeria.

It was not busy when he returned and Fernando had time to tell his parents about his day, and the enjoyable time he had spent with Liz, and having lunch with Liz and her Mom.

Jamie, right after he clocked in at 4:00 PM, "Anthony, it’s just a suggestion, but I could train Fernie as a server. It could be quite beneficial, when we get really busy, or if one of the servers calls out, and Fernie would get some tip money that he could use to buy things he wants without having to depend on you for everything. He is usually here every afternoon after school, and it might even save you a little payroll money."

"Jamie," Anthony replied, "I think that’s a good idea, but I think we should ask Fernie if he wants to be a server, and not just treat him like a slave." Jamie nodded in agreement.

Jamie, approaching Fernando, "Fernie, would you like to be a server?"

Fernando, smiling, "Yeah, but I think we should ask Dad if he wants me to do that, would I get paid the same as you do?"

"You’re underage, Fernie, so you can’t be on the payroll, but you would get your tips. I can start training you tonight, if you want to be a server," Jamie said.

Fernando, approaching Anthony, "Dad, Jamie told me that if I wanted to be a server, he can train me, starting tonight, would that be OK with you?"

"Son, you can help us out here, because you’re family, but I cannot put you on the payroll until you’re 16. If you want, I can let Jamie train you."

"I’d like that, Dad," Fernie said, "Jamie told me he can start training me tonight."

"OK Jamie," Anthony said, "I guess you’ve got a new trainee."

"Fernie," Jamie instructed, "for the next couple of hours, I just want you to be my shadow, and watch how I do everything, ok?"

"I gotcha," Fernie replied.

Jamie’s phone rang, and it was DJ. "Hi baby," Jamie answered.

"Jamie," DJ said, "I just got a text from Bryan, Phil got next Saturday off, and Bryan is getting off at 4:00 PM, and Randy is scheduling me off at 4:00 that day, so I guess we’re all set to go to the Waterhole that night."

"Cool," Jamie replied, "I’ll remind Anthony that I’m supposed to be off that night, Thanks, baby!"

"Anthony," Jamie stated, "I just wanted to remind you that I’m supposed to be off next Saturday night."

"Yep," Anthony responded, "I’m going to need you for a party at noon, but I’ll get you out by 2:00, 3:00 at the latest."

Jamie trained Fernando off and on for the rest of the evening. Fernando actually served 5 tables that evening, and made $24 in tips. They were able to close Saturday night at 11:00 PM and left the pizzeria about 11:10.

* * * * * *

Sunday morning Maria, Anthony and Fernando all slept in a little, leaving the house at about 10:00 AM. Anthony drove by Bojangle’s and picked up Sausage and egg biscuits for all of them, which they ate after arriving at the pizzeria at 10:30 AM. Fernando helped Anthony and Maria with the prep.

About noon they had surprise visitors, Mr. and Mrs. Martin, and Liz.

Mr. Martin, approaching Anthony, "Are you Fernando’s foster father?"

"I am," Anthony answered, "Is anything wrong?"

"Not at all," Mr. Martin replied, "Your foster son, and my daughter, Liz, have become rather close friends, and I just wanted to meet the foster parents, and Fernando. I guess our paths have just never crossed, even though we live only two doors apart. I’m John Martin, this is my wife Alice, and our daughter, Elizabeth. I assume this young man is Fernando?"

"You assumed right," Anthony responded, "I’m Antonio Chevas and this is my wife, Maria, and we are very happy to have had this beautiful young man placed in our care."

Mr. Martin, smiling, "Antonio, if I may call you by your first name, we are headed to the city to do some shopping at one of the big malls, and Liz asked us to stop by here and see if Fernando could go with us?"

"I think it’s fine with us," Anthony said, "if Fernie wants to go."

"Dad," Fernando stated, "I’d love to go with them, and maybe I could pick up a couple of things I need, too."

"What is it you need, Son?"

"I have gym class tomorrow, and I need a pair of athletic shorts, a gym bag, and a combination padlock for my locker," Fernando said, "and if we can afford it, I could use a new pair of sneakers."

"I’ll be glad to help Fernie shop for those things," Liz stated.

"Anthony, pulling $100 from his wallet, "Try to keep it under $100, Son," and handed the $100 to Fernando, "John, what time do you think you’ll be back?"

"Maybe around 8:00 PM, unless we stop for dinner, then it might be around 9:30," John replied.

"Fernando," Anthony said, "You may need a little more money if you stop for dinner."

"If we stop for dinner," John said, "I’ve got it covered."

"I guess, if you get back before we close, he does have a key to the house, and it’s only two doors away from yours." Anthony said.

"If we don’t hit the road," John said, "the mall will be closed before we even get there, let’s go!"

The Martins and Fernando walked out and headed to their car, Liz and Fernando shared the back seat. Even now, knowing that Fernie likes boys, Liz still likes Fernie a lot.

Before they got to the mall, John stopped at an Ace Hardware store so that Fernie could get a combination padlock.

Fernando was able to find the things he wanted, with Liz’s assistance. They did stop at a Cracker Barrel restaurant on the way home, and John paid for the whole tasty meal. Liz was holding Fernando’s hand most of the way home. Anthony and Maria were home before they got back, and welcomed their son when he came in.

Before Fernie went to bed, he got a bath towel and bar of soap, and packed his gym bag, putting the new sneakers in it, along with his new gym shorts and a matching tank top, clean underwear and socks.

* * * * * *

Monday morning, Maria fixed breakfast for Fernie, he ate, grabbed his backpack and gym bag, and headed out to catch the bus at just a couple minutes past 8:00 AM. Fernie and Liz shared the same seat on the bus as usual.

Antonio slept in this morning until about 9:00 AM, and after he’d had breakfast, he busied himself with some outside work. He did some trimming with the weedeater, and trimmed some of the bushes. The grass hadn’t really started to grow yet, so he figured it wouldn’t need cutting for another week or two.

After his computer class ended, Fernie put his backpack in his locker, grabbed his gym bag and headed to the boy’s locker room. He, along with about 30 other boys, started to change for gym. He found an empty locker, put his outside clothing, soap and towel into the locker and secured the padlock, then went into the gym.

After roll call, the PE instructor put the boys through a series of warm-up exercises, then completed the warm-up with about 6 laps around the outside walls of the gym. He then divided them into two groups, and they spent the next hour playing volleyball. At 2:50 PM PE class was over, and the boys all headed to the locker room to shower, dress, and be ready to board the busses after 3:15.

Boys will be boys, and there was some horseplay, mostly some guys slapping other guys on their bare bottoms, and Fernando wasn’t spared this abuse, receiving a couple of slaps on his bare a$$, but it was all in fun. 25 minutes is not a lot of time for 30 boys to shower, dry and dress. They all dried in a hurry, got dressed and headed out of the locker room. Most of them headed to their lockers to pull on their jackets and grab their backpacks, as the bell had already rung.

When Fernie boarded the bus, Liz was saving his seat for him.

Liz, smiling, "How was your first gym class?"

"Fast and furious," Fernie replied, "I think that was the fastest shower I’ve ever taken."

"A lot of the girls wear shower caps because they have more hair, and wouldn’t have the time to dry it," Liz commented.

"Just curious," Fernie asked, "do some of the girls like to slap other girls butts in the shower?"

Liz, grinning, "Yep, did you get yours slapped?"

"Yeah, twice!" Fernie replied.

"It’s all in fun, you know," Liz replied.

"I’ll bet my cheeks are red!" Fernie remarked.

Liz, looking at Fernie’s face, "Nope, they’re not."

"I didn’t mean (pointing at his face) these cheeks."

Liz, laughing, "Oh, you’d have to drop your drawers for me to see the color of ‘those’ cheeks!" They both laughed.

Monday is the only day that the bus drops Fernando off at the bus stop by his house, and Fernie mentioned that, as he and about 12 other students exited the bus.

"Good night, Liz," Fernie said, "See you tomorrow morning."

Fernando, as he entered the house, "Hi Mom, Hi Dad, My, it sure smells good in here!"

"Do you like roasted chicken?" Maria asked.

"I told you, I like almost all food, but I really love roasted chicken," Fernando replied.

Most of the time I tend to cook food that is more authentically Mexican, or Hispanic," Maria said, "but sometimes, like tonight, I cook a more traditionally American meal. I think we all get tired of Italian food almost every day."

About 5:30 PM the Chevas/Gomez family enjoyed a meal of roasted chicken with stuffing and gravy, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli (with cheese sauce), and whole cranberry sauce. For dessert Maria had picked up a cherry pie.

After dinner, Maria took care of putting away the leftovers and doing up the dishes, Antonio settled in the living room in front of the TV, and Fernando slipped into his room, put a CD in his Boom Box to play, and started his homework.

About 9:00 PM Fernie finished his studies, exited his room and sat on the sofa next to Antonio. Antonio instinctively put his arm around Fernando’s shoulders, pulling him closer, and Fernie then snuggled even closer to Antonio. A few minutes later, Antonio noticed that there were a few tears sliding down Fernie’s face.

"Is something wrong, Son?" Antonio asked.

"No, Dad," Fernie replied, "but do you have any idea how wonderful you make me feel? Your arm around me like this, and sitting here with you makes me feel so warm, secure and wanted."

"That good," Antonio replied, "Maria and I want you to feel that way, you are wanted, and loved, a lot more than you probably realize. Son, it was a big step for us, having never had children, to suddenly become parents to a teenage boy, but it’s a step that we will never regret, and we’re very happy we took that step."

"Dad," Fernie said, "I’m glad you took that step too, I’m happier here, with you and Mom, than I can ever remember being, anytime in my life. You and Mom have a permanent place in my heart!"

About 11:00 PM, Antonio breaking the serenity, "Son, I think we all need to get to bed, tomorrow is another busy day for all of us."

"I didn’t want to leave the comfort of your arm around me," Fernie said, "I could have stayed there like that forever."

Maria had already made some hot cocoa, they all drank a mug of it, and soon headed to bed. Kissing Fernando good night, and getting that return kiss from him is something they all look forward to. Maria and Antonio have quickly developed a lot of love for this beautiful young man.

(to be continued………)

I hate to beg, like a dog for a bone, but I really like to read comments!
Coming in Chapter 31:
Danny White receives a welcome letter
Rusty pops Jamal’s Cherry
Fernando tries out for the softball team
DJ and Jamie take Bryan and Phil to the Waterhole
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hiya, I've been enjoying the story from the beginning especially  with the raunchy start ofthea pissing contest. I like the way it is unfolding. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, joebuck said:

Hiya, I've been enjoying the story from the beginning especially  with the raunchy start ofthea pissing contest. I like the way it is unfolding. 

Pissing contest in 'Watergames' a different story by the same author.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

What a nice story! Fernando, should have a boyfriend soon, unless it is Danny. Maybe, Fernie will join the GSA club ..

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I am happy for Fernando, Antonio, and Maria! It is great to see how quickly they have become a family. It is also nice to see Fernando settling in to his new school. Thanks. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Sweet chapter, Fernando settling in well at home and school is great to see. Not sure what his homelife was like previously, but it seems as though there wasnt a lot of affection because he seems to be thriving on and even craving closeness with his new family. 

Its been mentioned by others, Im not sure if he and Danny are boyfriend material. Both have expressed interest in someone closer their own age. Im thinking maybe an older brother figure perhaps. Still loving this beautiful story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..