Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 13,150 Words
  • 2,178 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 35. Chapter 35

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father has kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) have placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. There is no direct, or implied, sexual activity between Fernando and any other character in this story.

In Chapter 35:

Joe and Doug are faced with a dilemma

DJ and Jamie meet their West Coast Cousins

Damion and Brandon lied to their parents

Ron and Liz plan a date

Karen and Carl take on two more boys

The Grandsons will be pallbearers

Granny is laid to rest

The cousins plan a fun weekend together

* * * * * *

Doug and Joe woke up about 8:00 AM on Wednesday March 7th, Doug headed to the kitchen to make a full pot of coffee. They saw no reason to wake the boys, as they had already decided not to go to class this week. They elected to just have a couple mugs of coffee and then head to the city. They just dressed casually, picked up the envelope that Jamie had brought with the Death Certificate enclosed and headed out.

 

They arrived at the Charlotte Chapel of the Lynch Funeral Home, about 10:00 AM and told the receptionist who they were and their reason for their visit. About 5 minutes later they were greeted by a man, who introduced himself as Jeff Saunders. He invited Doug and Joe into his office.

 

Gentlemen,” Jeff said, “there are some technicalities we need to get out of the way, and it’s usually easiest to take care of them in order. Which one of you is Joseph Reynolds?” Joe raised his hand. “Do you have a copy of the original Death Certificate?”

 

We don’t have a copy.” Joe stated, “but we have the original.” Joe opened the envelope and handed the DC to Jeff. Jeff took it to the receptionist to have her make some copies.

 

Joseph,” Jeff said, “You would be wise to keep the original in a safe place, such as a safe or a lock box, and use the copies for other purposes, such as for Insurance Companies, and we only require a copy. I’ll give you some extras.”

 

We’ll need to go over some things for the obituary, we file it with the newspaper, so it’s important that we have the details correct. Her name is Agatha Reynolds, does she have a middle name or initial?”

 

If she did,” Joe said, “I never knew what it was.”

 

Her residence, at time of death, was at the GASC in Smalltown, right?”

 

That’s correct.” Joe said.

 

Survivors,” Jeff said, “Any siblings?” Joe shook his head.

 

Children, and locations?”

 

Daughter, Julia Whitlock and Son-in-law, Richard Whitlock of San Francisco.

 

Son, Joseph Reynolds, and Son-in-law, Douglas R. Kendall of Smalltown.

 

Jeff, surprised, “Are you two married?”

 

Joe, smiling, “We became loving husbands on January 14, this year.” Doug and Joe both showed Jeff their wedding bands.

 

Congratulations, Gentlemen,” Jeff said, smiling. “Any grandchildren?”

 

Four,” Joe said, “Damion and Brandon Whitlock, of San Francisco, Douglas J. Kendall and Jamie Seldon, both of Smalltown.”

 

Hold on,” Jeff said, “Douglas J is your husbands son?” Doug and Joe nodded.

 

So, by marriage, that makes him a grandson, right?” How does Jamie fit into the picture?”

 

Jamie is DJ’s boyfriend of about a year,” Joe explained, “and Mom regarded Jamie as her grandson also.”

 

Hold on again,” Jeff said, “who is DJ?”

 

That’s Douglas J, he goes by DJ.”

 

Jamie doesn’t fit in because he is not an actual relative, despite the emotional feelings between him and the deceased,” Jeff said. “Let me give this to Linda, so she can get it typed up.”

 

Jeff, returning, “You’ve requested the service to be held at 11:00 AM Friday morning in our Smalltown Chapel, but there are no visitation times requested, did you forget about those?”

 

Sir,” Joe responded, “Mom was a rather new resident of Smalltown. She came here for our wedding, in January, and then decided to stay here, instead of returning to her home in California. In the two months she lived here, very few folks ever got to know her, and most of them that do are our closest friends and coworkers. Having a viewing would be a waste of time and money.”

 

I understand,” Jeff said, “just an alternative option, since you plan the service for 11:00 on Friday, might be to have a viewing on Friday at 10:00 AM, just before the service. It would allow those few visitors to have an opportunity to pay last respects, and offer support to your family.”

 

Joe and I looked at each other, and quietly agreed to use that option.

 

Who will be the officiating minister?” Jeff asked. Again, Joe and I looked at each other, another detail we were confronted with.

 

Joe,” I said, “do you think Pastor White would do the honors?”

 

I don’t know if she does funerals,” Joe replied, “but I still have her number, and we could ask her. Jeff, we’re going to have to get back with you on that.”

 

I’ll need to know by early afternoon, tomorrow,” Jeff replied, “have you made arrangements for pallbearers?”

 

Joe,” I commented, “I somehow didn’t realize how much was involved in making funeral arrangements.”

 

Me either,” Joe said, “I guess Mom had to go through all this when Dad passed, quite a few years ago. Jeff, would you be able to provide us with pallbearers?”

 

We can, but that would require additional staff, and would considerably add to the overall cost of the funeral. How old are the grandsons? And are the ones in California planning to come for the funeral?”

 

Damion and Brandon are 21 and 19, and they are flying out here from LA in the early morning. DJ is 20,”

 

We’ve had similar situations before,” Jeff said, “If the grandson’s are informed, that it would be the last thing they could do for their grandparent, they will often accept the task. There are three grandson’s and if Jamie feels that close to your Mom, he would likely accept the task as well. We would still need two more, is it possible that DJ and Jamie might have a couple of close friends that may be willing to be pallbearers?”

 

I hate to even ask DJ to be one,” I said, “we can see how he feels about it when we get home, I’m quite certain Jamie would agree to be one.”

 

I’ll get hold of Damion and ask him and Brandon, I think they will accept the task,” Joe said. “Jeff, thanks for the suggestions, and I’ll call you in the morning with the details.”

 

Jeff took us to the display room, and Doug and I chose a nice casket. We all shook hands, and Joe and I headed back home. I drove, and Joe got on the phone. He called Pastor White and she agreed to officiate.

 

We stopped at Cracker Barrel and had some lunch on the way home and then stopped by WAWA and picked up a large Italian Sub on wheat to take back for the boys, feeling that they can’t live on just soup.

 

When we got back to the house, DJ and Jamie were sitting quietly on the sofa in the den, both of them with long faces, and Jamie’s arm was around DJ’s shoulder. DJ seemed to be doing a little better but was still far from normal. Joe and I entered the den and both boys looked at us like “Are we in trouble?”

 

We have something we need to discuss with you guys,” I said.

 

Jamie, with a slight smile, “We didn’t do it, Dad.”

 

I know that,” I said, grinning, “but we’re hoping you will, Joe?”

 

We had a meeting with Jeff Saunders at Lynches today,” Joe explained, “trying to get everything arranged for Mom’s funeral service on Friday. Pastor Evelyn White, the minister that married us, is going to officiate, but when Jeff asked us who the pallbearers were going to be, we were stumped.”

 

Jeff suggested,” I said, “that we ask the grandsons to do the final last thing they can for their Grandma, by being pallbearers. Jamie, he said he couldn’t list you in the obituary as a grandson, because you’re not an actual relative. We know you loved her as much as any grandchild would love their grandmother, and you could do that final task, helping to lay her to rest, along with the other grandsons.”

 

Did you ask Damion and Brandon?” Jamie inquired.

 

I’m going to ask them tonight.” Joe said, “In talking with them last night, they’ve impressed me as being quite outstanding young men, and I’m quite sure they will accept the task.”

 

Aren’t there supposed to be six pallbearers?” Jamie asked, “Even with me as one, I’m only counting four.”

 

You’re right, Jamie, we’re still lacking two.”

 

Bryan and Phil knew Granny quite well,” Jamie said, “I think they would be willing to help, should I call them?”

 

Go ahead, Jamie,” Joe replied, “It won’t hurt to ask them.”

 

Jamie left the room and went into the bedroom for some privacy, and called Bryan. Bryan told Jamie that they were definitely planning on attending Granny’s funeral, and he was quite certain that Phil would be willing to be a pallbearer, along with him. He would ask Phil that night, after Phil got home from work. He told Jamie that both he and Phil are scheduled to work Friday night, and they needed to be home by 2:30 Friday afternoon. Jamie then returned to the den and relayed Bryan’s acceptance to us.

 

Joe, writing, “Okay, I think we have the pallbearer list, Damion and Brandon Whitlock, Douglas J. Kendall, Jamie Seldon, Bryan and Phil. What are Bryan’s and Phil’s last names?”

 

Bryan Hopkins and Phil Raish,” Jamie replied.

 

Dad,” DJ said, sadly, “I don’t think I can do this.”

 

Jamie, pulling DJ close, “C’mon baby, grow some balls, you can do it, and you know I’ll be right by your side! You’ll be fine.” DJ smiled weakly. “I think we need to warm up some of that soup, I’m getting hungry.”

 

Joe and I stopped at Cracker Barrel on the way home, but there’s an Italian Sub on the table,” I said, “with DJ and Jamie printed all over it.”

 

Jamie, smiling, “C’mon DJ, let’s destroy it!” Jamie pulled DJ off the sofa, and pulled him to the table, and they went to work on it.

 

* * * * * *

 

About 4:30 Joe made a call to Karen, and she answered.

 

Hi Joe,” Karen said, “We’re all really sorry for your loss, have you made final arrangements yet?"

 

Pretty much,” Joe replied, “Have you got a few minutes?”

 

Not really,” Karen replied, snickering, “Carl’s at work, I think the boys are at your house, Phil and Bryan are both working, and I’m busy twiddling my thumbs! What’s up?”

 

Karen, I hate to ask these kind of things but, I’m wondering if you might have a vacancy at the Seldon Hotel for three nights?”

 

Can I presume that your sister and brother-in-law are coming for Mom’s funeral?”

 

On the contrary,” Joe said, “I think you would find these guests much more desirable than my bitch sister and her homophobic husband. She has already stated that they would not travel this far for her funeral!”

 

The room your Mom stayed in might be available, you said ‘these’ guests’, so I’m assuming it’s more than one?”

 

It’s my nephews, Damion and Brandon, they’re 21 and 19. Damion reached out to me last night, and told me they are coming to pay their final respects to their Grandma. They’re flying in from LA, and Jamie and DJ are going to pick them up at the airport tomorrow afternoon.”

 

I think the aspect of DJ meeting his cousins, that he didn’t know he even had, is helping to bring him out of the doldrums. These boys are straight, but when we were all on speakerphones last night, Brandon said that cousins are the best kind of friends, even if they are gay!”

 

That’s cute,” Karen said.

 

These boys are nothing like their parents. Damion told me that, growing up in the suburbs of Frisco, gay people were about as common as ketchup on french-fries. He said that their parents are homophobes.”

 

I think I like these boys already,” Karen said, “Joe, now I have something to do, I need to wash the sheets on that bed, and make a triple batch of cookies! I think you know that Carl and I will welcome them.”

 

Thank you so much, Karen,” Joe said, “I think you’re an angel. Oh, about the funeral, we are having a visiting time, at 10:00 AM Friday, just before the service at 11:00 AM. Pastor White, the minister that married Doug and me, is officiating, and we plan on all the grandsons being pallbearers, along with Bryan and Phil. I haven’t asked Damion and Brandon yet, but I think they will be agreeable to that.”

 

Joe, after completing his call with Karen, “Doug, I need to go to the GASC and gather up Mom’s personal stuff, will you go with me?”

 

Of course,” I replied, “DJ, Jamie, will you guys be OK for a while, Joe and I are going to the GASC (Golden Age Senior Community) to get Granny’s personal items, we should be back in a couple of hours.”

 

We’ll be fine, Dad’s,” DJ answered, and Jamie agreed.

 

* * * * * *

 

I drove Joe to the GASC and arrived about 5:30 PM. We approached the receptionist,

 

Gentlemen,” the receptionist said, “visiting hours aren’t until after 6:00 PM, the residents are all eating dinner right now.”

 

We didn’t come to visit,” Joe said, “my mother, Agatha Reynolds, was a resident here and we just came to pick up her personal items.”

 

The receptionist, a somber expression on her face, “She is one of our favorite residents, she’s not returning?”

 

Mom passed, about 11:30 yesterday morning,” Joe stated.

 

Oh, I’m so sorry,” she said, “we hadn’t been informed, if you know where her room is, I guess you can go on in there. If you need some boxes, the kitchen usually has some hanging around.”

 

Joe, as we went to get some boxes, “Doug, I see no reason to take her clothes, let’s just pick up about three or four smaller ones.” We grabbed four boxes and went to Mom’s room.

 

Joe opened one draw and found her important papers, Social Security information, her Birth Certificate, Victor’s Death Certificate, her insurance policy, banking information, and a sealed envelope. Joe, with tears in his eyes, handed me the envelope. Printed on the envelope was ‘Last Will and Testament’ and, in Mom’s handwriting, ‘Please don’t open until after I’ve gone to meet the Lord, Agatha Reynolds’. Joe placed all of those papers in a box.

 

On the dresser were four photographs, one was a young Victor and Agatha, and Joe believed it was taken the day his parents got married. One was of Joe and I, with Mom in between us, taken at our wedding. One was the photo of our handsome DJ, that Joe had sent to her, and the last was one of two young men.

 

Joe, handing me that last photo, “Doug, this is Damion and Brandon, taken when they were about Ten and Twelve years old. They’ve aged a bit since then.”

 

They’re very nice looking boys, Joe,” I commented.

 

I’m so glad they’ve decided to come out,” Joe said, “I can hardly wait to see them. Doug, I think you’re going to like them. Please remind me to call them tonight, I still have not asked them to be pallbearers.”

 

Joe and I spent the next half an hour, scouring the apartment. Joe picked up her prescriptions and threw them in the trash. We only needed two boxes for everything, including a scrapbook, two photo albums, her jewelry box, and three or four other memorabilia, and her handbag. All that was left in her room was her clothing. We each picked up a box and headed out.

 

Joe, stopping by the receptionist, “We have everything of any importance, Miss, would you be kind enough to contact Goodwill and ask them to pick up her clothing?”

 

Yes, sir,” she replied, “we’ll take care of that tomorrow, I’m so sorry for your loss, she was a wonderful lady, and we’ll miss her too.”

 

Joe and I arrived back home around 7:00 PM, and carried the boxes into our bedroom. We reheated the remainder of that soup and ate it.

 

* * * * * *

 

About 9:00 PM Wednesday Antonio and Maria were finishing up cleaning the pizzeria, and Fernando was just finishing his homework. His phone rang, it was Liz.”

 

Liz, excited, “Guess what Fernie, I just got a call from Ron! He wants to take me to a movie Friday night, and then to the pizzeria for pizza. What time do your parents close on Fridays?”

 

We close at 9:00 PM most nights, but not until 11:00 on Fridays and Saturdays, “Fernie stated, “I’m so happy for you, Liz, you don’t have a basketball game Friday night?”

 

Not this week,” Liz said, “we’re going into the playoffs, and they’re scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, and Ron is taking me to them also, but I will also be cheerleading. I told you that you would be the first to know if Ron asked me for a date. Thank you so much for giving him my number.”

 

I hope you know I’d do whatever I can for my best friend,” Fernie said, I guess you’ll tell me how it works out.”

 

You know I will Fernie,” Liz said, “I just wanted to let you know, I’ll see you tomorrow at the bus stop, Goodnight.”

 

Goodnight Liz,” Fernie said, “Thanks for letting me know.”

 

* * * * * *

Oh!” Joe exclaimed, “I need to call Damion and Brandon, it’s almost 9:30 and they’re planning to head to LA about 10:00.”

 

Dad, can you put it on speakerphone,” DJ asked, “so we can hear what they say?”

 

Sure,” Joe said, placing the phone on speakerphone and dialing Damion’s number. Damion answered on the second ring.

 

Hi Uncle Joe,” Damion said, “I’m sorry we didn’t get back to you, regarding the flight times.”

 

Is Brandon there with you? I hope you guys are packed and ready, I know you’re planning to leave at 10:00, and its almost 9:30 now.”

 

We’ve been packed!” Brandon remarked, “I packed right after I got home from class, and Dami picked me up about 3:00 this afternoon. Uncle Joe, I think you’ve forgotten about the time difference, it’s only 6:30 here! Dami and I are so ready to make this trip, we are so anxious to meet DJ and Jamie.”

 

Did your parents give you flack, about coming out here?” Joe asked.

 

No,” Brandon said, “we fibbed a little, Mom and Dad think we’re going on a road trip to Vegas for the weekend, and we told them we wouldn’t be coming home until Sunday night.” Joe and I couldn’t help grinning.

 

I need to ask something very serious of you guys,” Joe said, “we would like for the grandsons to be the pallbearers for your Grandma, DJ and Jamie have already agreed, are you guys willing?”

 

I’m not sure,” Brandon asked, “exactly what do pallbearers do?”

 

They’re the guys that carry the casket, from the funeral parlor to the hearse, and then from the hearse to the grave, “Joe explained.

 

Oh,“ Brandon said, “aren’t there supposed to be six? Dami and me, plus DJ and Jamie only makes four.”

 

Brandon,” Jamie interjected, “two of our closest friends, Bryan and Phil, offered to fill the gap, and be the other two pallbearers, they both loved Granny a lot, too.”

 

Boys,” Joe said, “It would be the very last thing you could do for your Grandma, can we count on you?”

 

Brandon,” Damion said, “I know it’s a heavy load, but I want to help, are you with me?”

 

Uncle Joe,” Brandon said, “you can count Dami and me in. I guess we’ll be seeing you tomorrow, after our plane lands.”

 

What time is your flight?” Jamie asked, “and what time is it supposed to arrive in Charlotte?”

 

We leave LA at 6:00 AM, and arrive in Charlotte at 1:00 PM,” Damion said, it’s a seven hours flight.”

 

Is that arrival at 1:00 PM your time or our time?” Joe asked.

 

Let me check,” Damion said, “that’s our time, it will be 4:00 PM Eastern time.”

 

Thanks for clarifying, Damion,” Jamie said, “I’d hate for us to be hanging around the airport for 3 hours waiting for your plane to arrive, do you have a flight number?”

 

United, 842.” Damion said, “where will we be sleeping tomorrow night?”

 

Jamie’s parents have come to our rescue once again,” Joe said, “Jamie’s Mom is awesome, I know you’ll love her. They have a spare bedroom, and she is planning for you to stay with them for the whole weekend.” Jamie grinned.

 

How will we find each other at the airport?” Damion asked.

 

I think maybe you should all exchange phone numbers, so you can contact each other, and then you can hook up,” Joe suggested.

 

The four boys all shared each other’s phone numbers, and then Joe and Damion hung up.

 

Joe went to the bedroom and got the photo of Damion and Brandon and showed it to DJ and Jamie. “This was what they looked like a few years ago, but they were only about maybe 10 and 12 then, but it’s likely they’ll still be recognizable.” DJ and Jamie agreed that they were nice looking boys.

 

I made a pot of hot cocoa, and we all had some, and then we soon all went to bed. DJ and Jamie cuddled together, pretty much as normal, and shared some passionate kisses, and even though they managed to make each other a little hard, they didn’t consider having any sex.

 

* * * * * *

 

About 8:00 AM on Thursday morning Rose Robinson was reading the Obits, and noticed that Agatha Reynolds had died. She read the list of survivors and saw that Douglas J. Kendall was listed as a grandson. She immediately phoned Jamal, knowing that he probably didn’t know. She told him the details that were given in the paper.

 

Jamal, after receiving the news, “Oh my god, poor DJ, Thanks Mama,” then “Rusty! DJ’s Granny has passed away, we have to do something! There is a viewing at 10:00 AM, tomorrow at Lynches, followed by the Memorial Service at 11:00 AM.”

 

We need to send flowers, and I think we need to be there tomorrow,” Rusty stated, “there is no way we’re going to let one of our closest friends go through this without our support. Let’s go to the florist and get some flowers ordered.” Jamal and Rusty headed out to do the chore.

 

About the same time, Annie Gill read the same item in the paper. Matt was sleeping in, as he didn’t have classes on Thursday, and Annie woke him, to tell him the bad news. Matt jumped out of bed and followed Annie to the kitchen.

 

Mom,” Matt asked, “Can you order flowers for us, and please add Marie’s name on them? When is the viewing, and the service?”

 

Certainly, son,” Annie replied, “Viewing is at 10:00 AM tomorrow morning, followed by the service at 11:00 AM at Lynches Smalltown Chapel.” Annie prepared breakfast for Matt and herself and they ate.

 

Mom,” Matt said, “can I borrow the credit card, I need to do some shopping.”

 

What are you needing, son?” Annie asked.

 

I need a men’s suit, shirt and tie, and a pair of men’s dress shoes,” Matt replied, “I have to have something decent to wear tomorrow.”

 

I guess you’re planning to go to the funeral?” Annie asked.

 

Mom,” Matt remarked, “wouldn’t you want to go, if it was your best friends Grandmother that passed on? I need to be there to support DJ and Jamie. She was DJ’s only grandparent.”

 

I’m planning to go also,” Annie said, “I consider Doug and Joe to be pretty close friends too, but I already have some decent clothes to wear.”

 

Matt went to his room to get dressed in something casual to go shopping and quickly called his girlfriend to let her know. He also asked her to accompany him tomorrow, and she said she would. Annie called the florist and ordered the arrangement, then handed Matt the credit card and he left.

 

A few minutes later, Matt entered the only men’s clothing store in Smalltown, and was looking over the selection of suits. A salesman asked if he could help him and Matt informed him what he needed.

 

I can help you better,” the salesman stated, “after I have your measurements, do you know your sizes?”

 

No sir,” Matt replied.

 

Stand on this stool, young man and I’ll get your measurements. Do you dress left or right?”

 

I’m not sure what that means,” Matt said.

 

Let me explain,” he said, “a mans genitals tend to hang to one side of center, if they hang to the left, you would be a left dresser, to the right, a right dresser, and it can make a difference in how the trousers fit.”

 

Sir, I think I need to explain something,” Matt said, “I’m an F2M Trans, and I don’t have any male genitals, yet.”

 

That helps,” he said, “I know better what we’re working with, and I’m certain we can fit you just fine. Please turn your back to me.” Squeezing Matt’s ass cheeks lightly “your lucky in one respect, you don’t have the large buttocks typical of many females. We occasionally get a Butch lesbian in here, and they can be quite a challenge to fit, because of the big butts.” Just the way he said it made Matt snicker a little.

 

Okay, he said, we’ve got your waist and inseam, and no concern about the dress, at least not now.” He smiled. “Now we need to get upper measurements, please step down to the floor.” Matt complied.

 

I’m Cederick, by the way, and what is your name young man?”

 

I’m Mathew Gill,” Matt answered, “but I go by just Matt.”

 

Cederick measured Matt’s shoulder width, arm length and chest size.

 

You’re still a bit heavy chested,” Cederick said.

 

Not as heavy as I used to be,” Matt said, smiling, “hormones have helped, and after spring semester ends I’m going to Atlanta and a doctor there is going to get rid of these (pointing to his breasts). Its called upper surgery, they will remove my nipples, suck out the mammary glands, then replace my nipples to where they should be on a man.”

 

I’m learning a lot today,” Cederick said, “I’m not trying to be too personal, but do you have binders?”

 

I have some,” Matt said, “I try not to wear them on a daily basis, and I’m not wearing them right now.”

 

What would be your color choice in a suit?” Cederick asked.

 

I’m debating between black and navy,” Matt replied.

 

Black is pretty formal,” Cederick said, “and navy is probably a little more versatile, is there a particular need for the suit right now?”

 

Matt, a couple of tears escaping his eyes, “One of my closest and best friends Granny passed away, and the funeral is tomorrow. I need to be there to offer my support for him and his family.”

 

I’m very sorry to hear that, Matt,” Cederick said, “would you like to try on a navy?” Matt nodded. Cederick shuffled through the navy suits on the rack and pulled one out, checking the sizes of the trousers and the jacket.

 

I think this will work,” Cederick said, “come on back with me to the fitting room, and try it on.” Matt followed Cederick to the back of the store. The fitting room had only a curtain, and no door. Cederick politely waited outside while Matt changed into the suit. He stepped out and Cederick checked him out, to see how it fit.

 

The pants fit perfectly, but the jacket was a bit snug.

 

I think you may need one size larger in the chest,” Cederick said.

 

I don’t think so,” Matt responded, “I don’t often have the need for a suit, I can wear the binders for tomorrow, and after my surgery, my chest will be smaller, so it should fit fine in the future.”

 

Okay Matt,” Cederick said, “is there anything else I can help you with today?”

 

Yep,” Matt said, “I need a shirt, tie and a pair of men’s dress shoes.”

 

Cederick help Matt pick out a dress shirt in Robin’s egg blue, and a white necktie.

 

May I try the shirt on?” Matt asked.

 

Of course,” Cederick replied, “you know where the fitting room is.”

 

Five minutes later Matt returned to the front of the store, wearing the shirt, and it fit perfectly.

 

Can I ask one more favor?” Matt said, “I have no idea how to tie a necktie.”

 

I’ll help you,” Cederick said, smiling, “first, button that shirt all the way to the top, and straighten the collar.” Matt did as asked.

 

Cederick stepped behind Matt, and showed him how to tie it. He then told Matt to loosen the knot, and slide the short part of the tie in, so that it could be brought over his head, leaving the knot intact. Now all Matt has to do is pull the tie over his head, and tighten the knot, and he’ll be good to go tomorrow morning.

 

You said you needed dress shoes?” Cederick asked, then led Matt to the shoe department.

 

This might be tricky,” Cederick said, “men’s shoes typically come in D or E width, and I suspect you’ll need a B, or C, you still have the feet of a female, have a seat, take off your right shoe, and let’s measure it.” Matt’s foot measured a 9B.

 

Do you want black shoes?” Matt nodded. “There is not going to be much choice, 9B is quite narrow, we might find a 9C that will fit the bill.” Cederick looked over the possibilities on the shelves. “Would you consider white shoes? I have a pair of white dress shoes that are on closeout, and they are a 9B, do you want to try them on?”

 

Why not,” Matt answered. He tried them on, and they were actually quite comfortable. Matt had previously bought sneakers most of the time, and he could get by wearing Ladies sneakers but he didn’t want ladies dress shoes. He agreed to take them.

 

Cederick rang everything up, and Matt paid with the credit card.

 

Cederick,” Matt said, “I really appreciate your help, and understanding.”

 

Matt,” Cederick stated, smiling, “you’ve been a challenge, but I’ve sincerely enjoyed serving you today. I’m sorry for the reason you came here today, but I wish you success and a speedy recovery on your upcoming surgery.”

 

Cederick offered his hand, and Matt shook it. He then gathered his new wardrobe, took it to his car and headed home.

 

* * * * * *

 

Thursday morning Joe and I got up, made coffee and sat at the kitchen table, drinking our first cups, DJ and Jamie walked in and joined us a few minutes later. We were all naked, as usual, some things never change. About 9:00 AM I donned the apron and prepared us some breakfast.

 

Mom and Dad are gonna have a house full this weekend,” Jamie commented, “I wonder what it will feel like to them, having six 20 year old boys under their roof at the same time?”

 

I don’t know about Carl,” Joe said, “but when I talked with Karen yesterday, she acted like she was looking forward to hosting Damion and Brandon for the weekend. She said she was going to bake a triple batch of cookies.” That comment brought a smile to both DJ’s and Jamie’s faces.

 

Are you guys coming home tonight?” I asked.

 

I don’t think so, Dad,” DJ replied, “we want to spend all the time we can with my cousins, and get to know them. I’ll take my dress slacks, shirt and tie with me today, and we can head to the funeral parlor from there in the morning. Mom and Dad will have a house full of pallbearers.” Joe and I just realized that all six of them would be sleeping in the same house tonight.

 

Jamie and DJ decided to take Jamie’s car to go to the airport, because the back seat is much more comfortable than the back seat of the Tracker. Jamie’s phone rang, and it was Karen.

 

Hi, Mom,” Jamie answered.

 

Have you and DJ left yet?” Karen asked.

 

No, Mom,” Jamie replied, “their plane won’t be arriving until about 4:00 PM, so we’ll probably leave here around 2:30 to pick them up.”

 

Honey,” Karen said, “I’m planning dinner for all four of you tonight, so don’t stop and eat along the way, you should all be here by around 6:00, and I’ve made plenty of cookies, too.”

 

Mom, you’re the greatest,” Jamie said, grinning, “you know how much we guys all like your cookies, and I’ll bet that Damion and Brandon have never even tasted homemade cookies. If the plane is behind schedule, I will call you, otherwise we should be there by 6:00.”

 

* * * * * *

 

Jamie,” DJ commented, while they were on the way to the airport, “I’m afraid my cousins won’t like me, especially knowing that we’re gay.”

 

You worry too much, baby,” Jamie countered, “what little we talked on the phone, my impression is that they are pretty open-minded, and I think that they are as anxious to meet us, as we are to meet them.”

 

I hope you’re right,” DJ stated, “We’ll soon know.”

 

It was about 3:45 when Jamie parked the car in the short term parking lot. They both walked into the ‘Arrival’ part of the terminal, and directly to the ‘United Airlines’ counter. The board listed flight 842 as due at 4:00 PM and the comment stated ‘on schedule’. DJ and Jamie both found a seat together and they were both about as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

 

The voice over the PA system announced ‘United Flight 842 from Los Angeles is arriving at Gate Seven’. DJ and Jamie were on their feet instantly, and heading over toward Gate 7. They watched as the passengers walked down the ramp. They saw two young men coming down the ramp and believed them to be the cousins.

 

Are you Brandon and Damion?” Jamie asked.

 

We are,” Brandon answered, “can I guess that you are DJ and Jamie?”

 

You guessed right,” Jamie said, “which one of you are who?”

 

I’m Damion, and he is Brandon,” Dami replied, “which one of you is DJ, and I guess the other would be Jamie?”

 

DJ, raising his hand, “I’m DJ, and this is my boyfriend, Jamie.”

 

I think we got caught a little off guard,” Damion said, “no one ever told us that you were black!”

 

Not that it makes any difference,” Brandon quickly added, smiling, “we’re just so happy to meet you guys.” Brandon threw his arms around DJ, giving him a very warm hug, which DJ returned. Damion and Jamie also shared a tight hug.

 

We need to claim our luggage,” Damion said, leading the other three toward the baggage claim counter. The luggage was on a conveyor and Brandon and Damion both pulled their bags off the conveyor, showing the attendant their matching claims checks.

 

We packed our dress clothes together in the big suitcase, and things like our boxers, socks, shorts, tee shirts and toiletries are in the smaller bags,” Damion stated.

 

They all walked out to the platform, and Jamie told them to all wait there and he would get the car and pick them up, which he did, pulling up about 6 or 7 minutes later. They placed the luggage into the trunk, Damion and Brandon took the back seat, DJ and Jamie took the front, and Jamie drove them out of the airport, heading home.

 

Jamie,” Damion asked, “the food they served us on the plane wasn’t very filling, would it be too much to ask you to stop somewhere so we could grab something to munch on?”

 

Nope!” Jamie exclaimed, grinning, “Mom is fixing dinner for all of us, and we’ll be eating as soon as we get home.”

 

How long before we get home?” Brandon asked.

 

About an hour,” Jamie replied.

 

Shit!” Brandon exclaimed, “I gotta pee pretty bad, I don’t think I can hold it for an hour.”

 

There’s a rest area about 5 minutes ahead,” Jamie said, “we can make a pit stop there.”

 

Jamie pulled into the rest area, and Brandon literally ran to the rest room, DJ and Damion took advantage of the stop and relieved themselves as well.

 

About 5:45 Jamie pulled into the drive at the Seldon home, and parked. DJ grabbed the large suitcase and the cousins each took a smaller bag, and they headed to the back (kitchen) door, Jamie held the door while the others walked in. Karen was stirring pork gravy on the stove, and placed the spoon on the spoon rest. The aroma was tantalizing.

 

Mom,” Jamie announced, “These are DJ’s cousins, Damion and Brandon Whitlock, Guys, this is my Mom, the greatest mother in the world, Karen Seldon.”

 

Karen, blushing a little, “I’m not too sure about being the greatest mom in the world,” and then giving both cousins a warm, welcoming hug, “I do try to give ALL of our boys the love and respect they deserve, and that includes you two. I want you two boys to feel welcome and wanted here, please make yourselves at home!”

 

Mom,” DJ remarked, “Jamie’s right, you are the greatest, and the only person I really think of as my Mom.”

 

Well,” Karen said, “if you and Jamie continue to love each other the way you do now, I expect that some day I will at least be your mother-in-law. Jamie, would you please mash the potatoes?” Karen asked, “and DJ, why don’t you show the boys to their bedroom. Dinner will be ready shortly.”

 

DJ, explaining the bedrooms, and pointing to each, “This is Mom and Dads room, and here is the bathroom, this room is Jamie’s and mine, and that one is Bryan and Phil’s, and this one at the end will be yours, for a few days, anyway. If you want, you can go ahead and bring your luggage in here. You might want to hang your dress clothes up.”

 

Only one bathroom for eight people?” Brandon questioned.

 

Actually six,” DJ answered, smiling, “Mom and Dad have their own bath in their bedroom. It’s not too bad, Jamie and I always shower together, and Bryan and Phil do, most of the time, and I don’t know about you two.”

 

Brandon and I haven’t showered together since we were about 5 or 6 years old, and I don’t think we’d want to do it now,” Damion stated, “That’s even more gay than sleeping together!” DJ grinned.

 

I probably ought to give you a heads-up as to how mornings typically are here. Mom gets up and starts coffee, and we guys usually put on just our underwear, sit at the table and have coffee, then breakfast, and then get dressed for school, or work, or whatever. Even Dad sits at the table in his briefs, Mom usually wears a housecoat, and she’s very much accustomed to seeing all of us guys in our underwear.”

 

Why don’t you guys just leave your pajamas on when you go to the kitchen in the morning?” Brandon inquired.

 

Pajamas!” DJ exclaimed, “I don’t think any of us even own a pair, that’s why we pull on our underwear.”

 

You mean,” Brandon said, “you guys sleep raw?”

 

Brandon,” DJ explained, “when you’re sleeping with the person you love, cuddling with them, with your naked bodies touching, allows you to feel even closer to each other.”

 

DJ’s right,” Damion admitted, “when Silvia stays over with me, we sleep together naked. Bran, when you have a girl stay over with you, I’ll bet you’ll get rid of your clothes too.”

 

I don’t know,” Brandon replied, “it just seems a little gross to me, but that’s not apt to happen as long as I’m living with Mom and Dad.”

 

Even though I’m working now,” Damion said, “I could still be living with Mom and Dad, but you know that they would never allow me to bring a girl home for the night. That’s the main reason why I wanted my own place.”

 

Why did you get a two bedroom apartment?” Brandon asked.

 

Two potential reasons,” Damion replied, “it was only $150 more a month for a two bedroom unit, and I might pick up a like minded roommate, that could share the cost with me. The other reason, when I can get a bed for the other bedroom, I have a brother that I love a lot, and it would be a place he could bring his girlfriend and fuck her brains out!”

 

Brandon, smiling, “You would let me do that? And not tell our parents?”

 

Were brothers!” Damion exclaimed, “I would never rat you out, and I hope you would feel the same.”

 

Thanks, Dami,” Brandon said, as the two brothers lovingly hugged each other. “We have shared a lot of secrets with each other that Mom and Dad never knew about, including this trip, they think we’re in Vegas.”

 

Let’s go back to the kitchen,” DJ said, “you guys can unpack after dinner, and Mom is probably serving it up now.”

 

On the table was a platter of sliced roast pork, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a bowl of steamed greens. Damion and Brandon sat on one side of the table, DJ and Jamie on the opposite side, and Karen at the end. Karen told everyone to dig in, and they did.

 

Those mashed potatoes are awesome,” Damion commented, “its been years since I’ve had real mashed potatoes, can I have some more?”

 

Of course you can, sweetheart,” Karen answered, “I always try to cook plenty for everyone. Nobody should ever have leave my table hungry.”

 

Damion helped himself to another spoonful of potatoes, topping it with the homemade pork gravy, and a couple of tears slid down his face, and Karen noticed them.

 

Damion,” Karen asked, “are you OK?”

 

I think so,” Damion replied, “it’s just that you called me ‘sweetheart’ like you really meant it, and it kinda caught me off guard. Mrs. Seldon, what would you prefer that Brandon and I call you? Mrs. Seldon seems a bit awkward, and due to age difference, ‘Karen’ seems rather disrespectful.”

 

I called you sweetheart, because I think you are both pretty nice young men,” Karen answered. “I suppose, considering all the complicated relationships, and since you are DJ’s cousins, that might make me and Carl your Aunt and Uncle?”

 

Perfect!” Brandon exclaimed, smiling, “so where is Uncle Carl?”

 

He’s working until 12:30, and won’t be home until after 1:00 AM,” Karen said, “you guys likely will not meet him until tomorrow morning. The same goes for Phil, but he’ll be home about 11:30, and he may be home before you go to bed. Bryan works at Applebee’s and is due home about 8:30 or 9:00.”

 

The ‘family’ finished eating about 7:00 PM, Jamie walked over to the kitchen sink and started to draw hot water for the dishes, and DJ gathered all the dirty plates and silverware from the table, and took them to Jamie. Karen, still chatting with Damion and Brandon, put away the leftovers. By 7:30 Jamie had finished the dishes, and DJ pulled them from the rinse water and placed them in the drainer. When Jamie had finished the dishes, he took the dishrag and wiped the table.

 

Mom,” Jamie said, “I know it’s not even 8:00 yet, but DJ and I have had a long, hard day, and we’re going on to bed. Damion, Brandon, we’ll see you in the morning.”

 

DJ and Jamie gave both Damion and Brandon a loving hug, and kissed Karen on the cheek then headed to their bedroom. Bryan came home a little after 8:30 and Karen introduced him to Damion and Brandon. Bryan, Damion and Brandon chatted for about 45 minutes, and the California boys also were exhausted, and headed to their bedroom. They took a few minutes to hang their dress clothes in the closet, stripped to their underwear, and crawled into bed, leaving a two-foot space between them, and soon fell asleep.

 

Not too much later, Bryan and Karen also went to bed in their separate rooms, Bryan awaiting Phil’s return and Karen waiting for Carl.

 

* * * * * *

 

At 7:00 AM Friday morning, Karen and Carl’s alarm sounded, waking both of them. Karen slipped out of bed, made a trip to the bathroom and put on her housecoat.

 

Sweetheart,” Carl said, “I’m going to grab a shower while the coffee is brewing, then the hot water will have a chance to recover before all these young men decide to shower.” Karen acknowledged and headed to the kitchen.

 

Karen started a full pot of coffee. She wasn’t used to feeding eight people breakfast, but had made plans to prepare a large bowl of pancake batter, and was cooking up two pounds of breakfast sausage links in the oven. Carl finished his shower, donned a clean pair of briefs, and came into the kitchen, ready for a cup of coffee.

 

Carl,” Karen spoke, “I’m making pancakes and sausages for breakfast, and I’m trying to figure out how to keep everything hot until we’re all ready to eat.”

 

Hun,” Carl replied, “there is no way all six of the boys can shower at the same time, they’re going to have to stagger their showers, and they can stagger their breakfasts too. Some of them can eat, while the other ones shower, and vice verse. We need to all be ready to leave here by 9:45 to be at the funeral home by 10:00, and we have all six of the pallbearers here. I’m just wondering who we should wake up first.”

 

Probably Damion and Brandon,” Karen said, “that will give you a chance to meet them, without the commotion of the other four boys.”

 

Carl slowly opened the door to Damion and Brandon’s room and stepped in. He could see in the dim light that they were sleeping on the outside edges of the bed, with room enough for him in between them. He was much more used to seeing DJ and Jamie, cuddled together in the center of the bed.

 

Carl, approaching the boy closest to the door, “Wakey, wakey, time to rise and shine! Coffee is served.” Both boys were awake.

 

Brandon, slipping out of bed and trying to hide the morning wood that was tenting his boxers, “I gotta pee.”

 

The bathroom is down the hall, last door to the right,” Carl said. Brandon left the room and headed toward the bathroom.

 

Damion, still lying in bed, “Are you Uncle Carl?”

 

I don’t know about that,” Carl said, “I’m Carl Seldon, Jamie’s Dad.”

 

Aunt Karen said that, since we’re DJ’s cousins, we would likely be your nephews.”

 

That’s under the circumstance that DJ and Jamie eventually marry. As strong as the love between them is, I think that will happen down the road, and that would make DJ our son-in-law.” Brandon returned.

 

Do you guys drink coffee?”

 

Yeah,” Damion said, “we both do.”

 

Well, come on out to the kitchen, and we can get to know each other a little, over some coffee.”

 

We’re naked, we need to get dressed,” Damion stated.

 

You’re not naked,” Carl said, “underwear is fine, to sit at our table.”

 

Carl, Damion and Brandon headed toward the kitchen, Damion making a pit stop at the bathroom. Carl assumed his regular seat at the far end of the table, and the two boys sat together on one side. Karen placed two more coffee mugs on the table and poured coffee in them for Damion and Brandon, and refilled Carl’s mug.

 

This is kinda wild,” Damion said, grinning, “Mom and Dad would have had a fit if either of us came into any common area of the house just wearing our boxers. They said we were indecent.”

 

Do you guys swim?” Carl asked.

 

Yeah, why?” Brandon replied.

 

Don’t swimming trunks cover the same part of your anatomy that underwear covers?” Carl said, “What’s the difference?”

 

Brandon, grinning, “Not much, I guess, actually, I think it’s kinda cool.”

 

Over the next half an hour Carl and the two boys chatted, mostly small talk. Damion explained his job and talked about his girl friend, Silvia, and Brandon talked about his school and what he was planning to do as a career. The more they talked, the more Carl liked them. Karen asked if they were ready for some breakfast, they were, and Karen started to fry some pancakes.

 

Damion and Brandon were really enjoying Karen’s pancakes, smothered in real butter and real maple syrup, along with the link sausages.

 

Aunt Karen,” Damion said, “Mom never made pancakes, and these are so much better than IHOP or Denny’s, these are a real treat!”

 

Why, thank you,” Karen replied, smiling, “I’m glad you liked them.”

 

If staying here with you is any example of Southern Hospitality,” Brandon said, “I’m not so sure I want to go back to Frisco.”

 

Folks here are a lot different from people back home,” Damion said, “and I don’t mean that in a bad way. I think I’m beginning to see why Grandma decided to stay here, after DJ’s Dad’s wedding.”

 

Damion,” Karen said, “Granny and DJ quickly formed a very close relationship, and I think the biggest reason she didn’t go back was because of that. She was DJ’s only grandparent, and when she passed, DJ was devastated! He took it so hard that the doctor put him on tranquilizers, and he’s just starting to be himself again.”

 

Karen and Carl took some time to tell Damion and Brandon about DJ’s past, how I found him, and loved him, and eventually adopted him. They told the boys how far DJ had evolved, from a poor boy in the projects to become the incredible and awesome young man he is today.

 

Guys,” Carl commented, “Karen and I knew that Jamie was gay, he came out to us when he was about 14. When he started dating DJ, I questioned him as to why he was dating a black guy and he said that love is colorblind. It truly is. Karen and I have grown to love DJ as much as we do our own son. Even if Jamie and DJ should ever part ways, we will still regard DJ as our second son.”

 

Thanks, Uncle Carl,” Damion said, “for sharing that with us, we didn’t know, until DJ and Jamie picked us up at the airport, that our first cousin was black, and it was a bit of a shock, at first.”

 

We think that DJ and Jamie are both pretty cool dudes,” Brandon added, “and we’re looking forward to spending lots of time with them this weekend, making memories that will last a lifetime.” Karen and Carl glanced at each other and smiled.

 

DJ and Jamie came out of their room and headed to the bathroom, sharing the toilet for a morning pee. They then headed to the kitchen, and both DJ and Jamie gave the cousins a warm good morning hug and then sat together on the opposite side of the table. Karen poured DJ a mug of coffee, and Jamie a glass of orange juice.

 

Guys,” Brandon said, “I think, while no one is using the bathroom, Dami and I will grab showers, and shave.” They rose from the table and headed to their bedroom.

 

Maybe,” Damion said, “we should be considerate, if we shower together, it would conserve the water and considerable time. There are still four more guys needing to shower.”

 

I guess we could,” Brandon agreed, “just this one time.”

 

They grabbed their toiletries and a clean pair of boxers, and headed to the bathroom. Damion turned on the water and adjusted the temperature. Both boys dropped their boxers and stepped into the tub, dodging around each other between soaping and rinsing.

 

Brandon,” Damion asked, “I know I haven’t seen you naked for 3 or 4 years, when did your prick become bigger than mine?”

 

I didn’t know it was,” Brandon replied.

 

I’m 2 years older, and 3” taller than you, but your cock is bigger than mine, somethin’ ain’t right!” Damion remarked, “When I had about five inches you only had about three.”

 

This conversation caused both brothers to take a closer look at their own and the other’s cocks. Neither of them was erect.

 

Yeah,” Brandon agreed, “I guess I’ve got an inch or so on you. I know I’ve got almost 8 inches hard, I’ve measured it, you’re able to satisfy Sylvia aren’t you?”

 

I guess,” Damion replied, “she’s never complained.”

 

You know what they say,” Brandon said, “it’s not the size of the boat, it’s the motion of the ocean, if you’re able to satisfy your woman, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.”

 

I’m probably just over reacting,” Damion said, grinning, “and maybe just a bit jealous.”

 

The Whitlock brothers turned off the water and stepped out onto the big bathmat to dry off. They were both standing naked in front of the twin sinks, drawing hot water to shave when the door suddenly opened, and Phil and Bryan stepped in. (There is no lock on the door)

 

Don’t you believe in knocking?” Damion asked.

 

Not as a rule,” Bryan replied, “sorry Damion, it’s just us guys that use this bathroom, and we all just kinda come in and leave as needed. We’ve all seen each other naked a few times, and we think nothing of it. Damion, Brandon, this is my boyfriend of almost three years, Phil Raish, Phil, these are DJ’s cousins, Damion and Brandon Whitlock.”

 

Damion and Brandon ignored their nudity for a moment and turned to face Phil, and the three boys shared handshakes.

 

Are you guys done with the shower?” Bryan asked.

 

Yep,” Brandon answered, “it’s all yours, and we’ll be out of here in a few.”

 

Bryan laid his and Phil’s clean boxers on the toilet tank next to Damion’s and Brandon’s. Phil and Bryan both dropped their boxers on the floor, and Phil adjusted the water. Phil and Bryan then entered the tub and showered, soaping and scrubbing each other as usual. Brandon observed the size of Phil’s flaccid cock in the mirror.

 

The brothers returned to their bedroom to start dressing.

 

Damion,” Brandon asked, “did you happen to notice the size of Phil’s—tool?”

 

Damion replied, grinning, “It would be kinda hard, not to notice THAT elephant in the room. I’ll admit that I’d like to have a little more than what I have, but I wouldn’t want it to be that big!”

 

Jamie led DJ to the bathroom to shower, not realizing that Bryan and Phil were still showering. They dropped their boxer-briefs and Jamie told Phil not to turn the water off, as he and DJ were right behind them. When Phil and Bryan stepped out, DJ and Jamie stepped in. By 9:00 AM all the pallbearers were showered and shaved, and ready to dress.

 

DJ didn’t own an actual suit. Luckily, he and Jamie are so close in size that Jamie had DJ try on one of his and it fit fine. DJ also didn’t have any dress shoes, but Carl had a pair that were too small for him. They were a bit too large for DJ, but he put them on anyway. Jamie only had one pair, and he needed them today. Jamie is highly concerned, as to how DJ is going to handle the funeral.

 

Carl, about 9:30 AM, “Come on boys, y’all can put on your makeup later, we need to get out of here!” It did draw some laughs. Damion and Brandon were to ride with Jamie and DJ. Phil and Bryan were going in Bryan’s car, as they needed to be back home by 2:15 to change for work. Carl and Karen were going by themselves.

 

Joe and I arrived at the funeral home parking lot about 9:45 and the only other vehicles there were the hearse and Lynches limousine. Joe had not yet seen his nephews since they arrived, and I had never met them. I did think to bring my camera, despite the sadness of the occasion. I would definitely want to get a photo or two of the pallbearers, especially since our loving son was one of them, and of course DJ’s cousins.

 

About five minutes after we arrived, Carl and Karen pulled in and parked next to Joe’s Taurus, followed by Jamie and DJ, and Bryan and Phil. As Joe and I exited the Taurus, Damion and Brandon tumbled out of the back seat of Jamie’s car and hurried toward us and threw their arms around Joe, nearly knocking him off balance. They then turned their attention toward me.

 

You must be Uncle Doug?” the taller one asked.

 

I guess so,” I replied, “and you are?”

 

I’m Damion,” he said, hugging me tightly.

 

And I’m Brandon,” the other one said, also giving me a warm hug.

 

Guys,” Joe said, smiling, “I was going to introduce you to my husband, Doug Kendall, but you kinda took the wind out of my sails!”

 

Uncle Doug,” Brandon said, “we are very happy to finally meet you. We are very aware of Mom and Dad’s feelings toward you, and your marriage to Uncle Joe, and I’m pleased to inform you that Dami and I don’t share those opinions.”

 

We believe that love is love,” Damion added, “and if two people really love each other, there’s no damn reason they shouldn’t marry, and be happy together, regardless of sex!”

 

Brandon, Damion,” I said, with tears in my eyes,” I’ve known you for what, five minutes, and you wouldn’t believe the love I have in my heart already, for both of you.” Both boys smiled and I wrapped both of them in my arms, holding them tightly. They both gave me a kiss on the cheek.

 

One of the staff opened the front door of the chapel, signaling that it was open. We all walked to the door and entered. He asked if we were friends or family of Agatha Reynolds, and then pointed to the room where she was at rest. We were all literally shocked at the display of flowers and arrangements surrounding her casket.

 

Karen, Carl, Joe and I all agreed that the staff had done a wonderful job in preserving her, she looked almost the same as she did on the day we were married. We almost expected she would wake up at any second. The attendant told us that, after the graveside service, they would gather the tags from all the arrangements for us so that we could send thank you notes to the people that had sent flowers, if we wished.

 

Joe and I spent about 10 minutes viewing the flowers, and making a mental note as to who had sent them. There was a beautiful casket piece, sent by the staff and coworkers of Southside Drug. A huge arrangement sent by the fellow officers of the county Police Department and a lovely, rather large basket sent from the staff of the Golden Age Senior Community. Smaller arrangements were on display from Stephen and Valerie Jones, Antonio and Maria Chevas, Annie & Matt Gill & Marie Walsh, Justin & Sherry Masterson, and Jamal Robinson & Rusty McKeever.

 

I slipped out to the car and got my camera, thinking that earlier was probably the best time to get some photos, rather than wait until after the service. Back inside, I gathered the six pallbearers together and asked them to stand in front of the casket and flowers. I captured a nice photo of all of them, and then asked just the cousins to group. I got a great photo of DJ in the center with his arms around the shoulders of Damion and Brandon. Getting DJ to smile was like pulling teeth from a hen.

 

About 10:30 Matt, his Mom and girlfriend walked in. I could not help but marvel at how stunningly handsome Matt looked. Had I not known that Matt was Trans, I would never have suspected that he was anything other than just a handsome young man. He, holding Marie’s hand walked toward Joe and me.

 

Marie,” Matt said, in his fairly recently acquired, masculine voice, “I’d like you to meet DJ’s Dad, Doug Kendall, and his step-dad, Joe Reynolds, Dad’s, my girlfriend, Marie Walsh.” Joe and I both shook her hand, and told her we were happy to meet her.

 

Are you staying for the service?” I asked.

 

Of course,” Matt replied, with a couple of tears escaping his eyes, “there’s no way I wouldn’t be here to support my best friend in his hour of sorrow.” Marie pulled a tissue from her purse and blotted his eyes, as they walked over to the casket.

 

I only met her once,” Matt told Marie, “at Doug and Joe’s wedding, and she was a very loving mother, and grandmother to DJ.” They then walked over to DJ, and Matt took DJ into his arms, holding and hugging him affectionately.

 

Marie, kissing DJ on his cheek, “DJ, we’re very sorry for your loss, and we share your pain.”

 

I greatly appreciate your support,” DJ said, “thank you for coming.”

 

DJ was fighting a battle within himself. One side wanted to break down and cry, the other side was telling him to be strong. Rusty and Jamal entered the room, slowly passing the casket and paying respects. They approached Joe and me, and Jamal asked if we were DJ’s Dad’s. We confirmed that we were.

 

I’m Jamal Robinson, and this is my boyfriend, Rusty McKeever,” Jamal stated. “DJ and Jamie are two of our closest and best friends, and we needed to come and support them. How is DJ handling the loss?”

 

Not too well,” Joe stated, “DJ and Mom had a very special relationship, and DJ is taking her passing pretty hard. Thank you for coming.” Rusty and Jamal walked toward DJ. Jamal wrapped his arms around DJ and sensed that DJ was about to burst.

 

Let it go, my brother, let it go!” Jamal said.

 

I can’t,” DJ argued, “I’m one of—the pallbearers, I have—to stay strong.”

 

DJ,” Jamal said, “tears are God’s way of cleansing the heart and soul, just let God do his work. You’re holding on to a lot of pain and suffering, and it’s weighing you down, you have to let it go. Use my shoulder, and let it go!”

 

A river of tears started to flow from DJ’s eyes as he started to sob heavily on Jamal’s shoulder, Jamal holding him tightly. Rusty instinctively walked over and grabbed a box of tissues. Everyone present in the chapel gathered around Jamal and DJ, including Pastor White, who had arrived just a few minutes ago.

 

After about five minutes, DJ’s breathing returned to normal, and the tears ceased to flow. He slowly raised his head from Jamal’s shoulder, which was soaked with DJ’s tears, and looked around. DJ’s face turned red from embarrassment, but then he displayed that patented smile that everyone loves.

 

Do you feel better, Son?” I asked, giving him a hug.

 

Much better,” DJ replied, “I might just be able to function now.”

 

Welcome back, baby!” Jamie exclaimed, giving DJ a loving kiss.”

 

Who are you, young man?” Pastor White asked Jamal.

 

Jamal Robinson, DJ and Jamie are two of our closest friends.”

 

Who is the ‘our’ if I may ask?”

 

Oh,” Jamal replied, “me and my boyfriend, (pointing) Rusty McKeever.”

 

Folks,” Pastor White spoke, “Jamal, here, is a prime example of how our Lord uses his people to do his work. Nice job, Jamal!”

 

Randy came by to show his support for DJ and me, but wasn’t staying for the service. DJ grabbed his attention.

 

Randy,” DJ said, “I know my bereavement time ends tonight, but I’d like to ask a big favor. My cousins came from California to pay their final respects to Granny, and they have to be back Sunday night. We only just met each other, and we would like to be able to spend some time together before they fly back on Sunday. If I could I have Saturday off, that would give us tonight and tomorrow together.”

 

Could you come in Sunday from 2:00 PM to close?” Randy asked.

 

Can you stick around a minute?” DJ asked, “I don’t know what time their flight is, and somebody will need to take them to the airport Sunday, Damion, Brandon, can you guys come over here for a minute?” Both cousins came over to DJ and Randy.

 

Randy,” DJ said, “these are my cousins, Damion and Brandon Whitlock, guys, this is Randy Shultz, my GM at the store.” Both cousins and Randy shook hands. “We need to know what time your flight back to LA is?”

 

11:30 AM Sunday, your time, so we need to be at the airport about 10:30 AM.” Damion stated.

 

Thanks, guys,” DJ said, “If I take them, and drop them off at 10:30 AM I should be back by noon, so I can be at work at 2:00 PM.”

 

OK,” Randy said, “you’ve got Saturday off, you guys enjoy your time together, and I’m truly sorry for your loss.”

 

Pastor White started the service at exactly 11:00 AM. There were only a few guests that elected to attend the service. They did not plan to have a graveyard service, so Pastor White left after the service ended. DJ managed to hold himself together, thanks in part to Jamal. The pallbearers worked together well. After the burial, the hearse returned to Charlotte, and the limousine returned Joe, Doug and the six pallbearers’ back to the chapel about 12:30 PM.

 

Joe and Doug had invited some of the closest of friends to have dinner with them at the Hometown Café, including Annie and Matt Gill and Marie, the Seldon’s, Joe’s partner, Mike Smith, Justin and Sherry, and, of course, Bryan and Phil. Joe had reserved a table for 16.

 

It was over! Agatha Reynolds, Mother, Mother-in-law, Grandma, Granny and friend has been laid to rest, God Bless her Soul.

 

It was a nearly 2:00 PM when everyone finished eating. Bryan and Phil excused themselves, and headed to the Seldon home to change into their work outfits, as both were scheduled at 3:00 PM. Karen and Carl left soon after, as Carl needed to leave about 3:30 PM for his work.

 

Antonio had asked Jamie if he was willing to work tonight, and Jamie told him he would, and was going in at 4:00 PM and closing. Joe, DJ and I were all on bereavement leave, Joe until Monday, and DJ and myself through tonight, but Randy had given DJ tomorrow off to spend time with his cousins.

 

DJ and Jamie gathered the cousins up and headed to the Seldom home, in Jamie’s car, Joe and I headed home in Joe’s Taurus.

 

Doug,” Joe said, “I’m not comfortable getting into Mom’s paperwork. I think I need to get an appointment with Steve Jones, maybe on Wednesday when I’m off, and let him sort it out. He would know the proper procedures to cash her life insurance in, and probably decipher her will. Her bank account also needs to be closed.”

 

Do you know what is in her will?” I asked.

 

Nope, I don’t really care, but I suspect it may be a 50/50 split between me and Julia. I’m kinda hoping she might have left something to the grandsons, at least Damion and Brandon. At least the boys had the decency to come and pay their last respects, and that’s more than their mother would do. I hate to say it, but I have no respect for my sister.”

 

I wish my nephews lived closer to me, I’d really like to be able to get to know them better, they seem like right decent young men,” Joe said.

 

Joe,” I said, “they called me ‘Uncle Doug’ right from the beginning, and it gave me a warm, fuzzy, feeling, like they really accept me as an uncle, I can’t help but love them both.”

 

* * * * * *

 

After arriving at the Seldon home, the four boys entered, and Jamie started to get ready for work, putting on his pizzeria shirt. Damion and Brandon were watching as Jamie and DJ shared a long, loving kiss, and Jamie left. DJ needed to make a slight adjustment, and the cousins grinned.

 

DJ,” Damion asked, “are there any good looking chicks around here?”

 

DJ, snickering, “I suppose so, that’s not exactly a priority for me.”

 

It would be for me,” Brandon said, “where might they hang out?”

 

I haven’t a fucking clue,” DJ responded, “probably the same places that dudes hang out, Jamie and I mostly just hang out with each other, and with a few select friends. Where is this leading to?”

 

We’ve got balls full of cum,” Brandon said, “and we need some pussy to release it in, and we’re bored.”

 

I might try to help with some ideas to cure the boredom,” DJ said, “as for the other, you guys are on your own, you might try masturbation.”

 

That would be a last ditch option, when we get really desperate,” Damion remarked, I haven’t had any pussy since last Saturday night.”

 

Lucky you,” Brandon said,” the last I got any relief was offhand!”

 

Could I maybe interest you guys in a board game?” DJ asked.

 

What ya got?” Damion asked.

 

I’m not sure, but I know there are some, on the bottom shelf of the bookcase in the living room. Let’s check them out.”

 

You got Risk!” Damion exclaimed, “I love Risk, lets play.”

 

Mom,” DJ asked Karen, ”You gonna need the kitchen table?”

 

We all just ate pretty big meals, probably not until breakfast.”

 

Risk tends to be a long game. When Bryan came in, about 9:30, Damion and DJ were nearly out of countries and armies, and Brandon was winning. Bryan started coaching Damion and DJ how to pool forces and knock Brandon down. It was too little, too late, and Brandon won. They packed up the game, and all four of them had a bedtime snack of Karen’s cookies and milk, and went to bed shortly after.

 

Damion, lying in bed with Brandon, “Bran, I think I’m catching the same disease Grandma had.”

 

Do you have a pain in your chest?” Brandon asked.

 

Not that kind of disease, Brandon, I’m talking about not wanting to go back to California, I’d like to stay here.”

 

We have to go back, Dami, you have your job, and I have to be in class Monday morning, and where would we live?”

 

I don’t mean we shouldn’t go home Sunday,” Damion explained, “you’ve got two more months to the end of the semester, and there’s a community college right here that you could probably transfer to. As for my job, I have the degree, I had good grades, and I’m sure I could get a good job here, well, maybe not right here in Smalltown, but probably in Charlotte.”

 

What about Sylvia?” Brandon asked.

 

Sylvia is a decent fuck, but so are a lot of other girls,” Damion replied, “I’m sure I could find a replacement, it’s not like I’m madly in love with her, I like her, but I don’t really love her, and I would never marry her.”

 

Mom and Dad are paying my tuition, and housing me,” Brandon commented, “I know they would cut me off if I moved here.”

 

I think that’s a given,” Dami replied, “I know that Uncle Doug and Uncle Joe don’t charge DJ any rent, but DJ works a part time job and pays his own tuition and school expenses. I have a feeling that Aunt Karen and Uncle Carl would give you a roof over your head and feed you. I think our North Carolina family is very loving, and I love them too, even if some of them are gay. I can live with that.”

 

I’m liking the idea of moving here,” Brandon said, “but I think we should discuss these things with Uncle Doug, Uncle Joe, Aunt Karen and Uncle Carl before we make that decision. Neither of us has much to move, mostly clothing. Everything should fit easily in your car, and I’m sure you would want to bring that.”

 

Heh, that would be our only transportation. I’m getting sleepy, we can talk tomorrow, Goodnight Bran, I love you.”

 

Night, Dami, I love you too.”

 

It’s nearly 11:30 PM and DJ and Bryan were both sitting at the kitchen table, waiting for their boyfriends to return home from work.

 

What do you think of Damion and Brandon?” DJ asked.

 

I like them,” Bryan replied, grinning, “I like them a lot, and I think they’re pretty cool dudes, even if they are straight! They were standing at the sinks, shaving in the nude, when Phil and I took our shower this morning. They’ve both got nice packages, what a waste of manhood!”

 

DJ, snickering, “I think they are as hopelessly straight as we are hopelessly gay.”

 

If I wasn’t so wrapped up in my man,” Bryan said, “and I thought either of them might be available, I’d love to get one of them in the sack, or maybe both of them.”

 

Bryan, you’re a slut!” DJ said, grinning. Bryan smirked.

 

Jamie and Phil walked in through the back door together.

 

DJ, winking at Bryan, “Well, well, I wonder what these two have been up to while we’ve been waiting patiently for our lovers.”

 

They’ve got balls,” Bryan said, “coming in and acting so innocent!”

 

Phil and Jamie are looking at each other, a look of shock on their faces.

 

Oh,” DJ said,” they’ve got guilt written all over their faces.”

 

I wonder what they’ll try to give us for an alibi,” Bryan said.

 

Come here you fools,” DJ said, “and give us a kiss, we’re just busting your nuts.”

 

Phil and Jamie’s expressions changed from shock to almost uncontrollable laughter. All four guys shared a good laugh together.

 

Phil pulled Bryan out of the chair and hugged and kissed him fervently, DJ stood up, and Jamie took him in his arms, smothering DJ’s lips with his own.

 

Baby,” Jamie remarked, “you have no idea how wonderful it feels to have you back to normal, I love you so much!”

 

Phil, chuckling, “You guys did have us going for a while.”

 

Jamie,” DJ asked, “Did you ask Anthony about getting tomorrow off?”

 

Yeah,” Jamie said, looking down, I asked him, guess what he said.”

 

Somehow, I don’t think I’m going to like his answer.” DJ said, frowning.

 

He said that it seems I ask for too many Saturdays off, and that since we don’t know when we can get together with them again, that of course I can have tomorrow off! But there’s a catch.”

 

Uh Oh,” DJ said, “how bad is the catch?”

 

We have to bring Damion and Brandon in to meet him,” Jamie said, grinning, “and get a free meal on him!” DJ grinned.

 

The four boys had a snack of cookies and milk, and, as it had been a long hard day, they were all ready to crash.

 

DJ and Jamie stripped, crawled into bed, cuddled together, shared a romantic kiss and were out like a light in about 5 minutes.

 

Carl returned home from work about 1:00 AM and was met by a quiet house, everyone was sleeping. Karen stirred a little when Carl crawled into bed with her.

 

(to be continued………)

As always, I :heart: comments, and they are greatly appreciated.
 
Coming up in Chapter 36:
March 10th, Danny White gets released
DJ, Jamie and the cousins visit the park
The cousins talk Jamie and DJ into a Circle Jerk
The four cousins make a vow
The cousins discuss the Pros and Cons of moving
DJ takes the cousins to the airport
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 6
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I know exactly how the family feels. It's been almost a year since I lost my mother. It's the most hurt I ever felt in my life. Like DJ me and my little brother were adopted and were lucky enough for a biological aunt to take us. She and daddy were the best thing that ever happened to us.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Whoa! That was a much expected and awesome chapter. Pls don't let us hanging here that long again for the next one.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

What a beautiful telling of the sad days for DJ and the crew.  I teared up a little wben DJ broke loose at the funeral.  Please don't wait so long for the next chapter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

What a beautiful telling of  sad days for DJ and the crew.  I teared up a little wben DJ broke loose at the funeral.  Please don't wait so long for the next chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

RIP Granny. Even though youre home with Vic now, we know youll continue to watch over our boys.

A touching send off for a grand old lady. Jamal really came to the fore and helped DJ release his grief. Even got to me a bit. Theres just an abundance of love and support to help everyone get through this sad time. These last few chapters were pretty rough, looking forward to better days ahead. Love and respect for this great story.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..