Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 13,732 Words
  • 1,915 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 29. Chapter 29

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father has kicked him out (which happens way to often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) is placing him with foster parents, a married straight couple. There is no direct, or implied, sexual activity between Fernando and any other character in this story.

In Chapter 29

Jamie lays a heavy decision on Anthony & Maria

M&M share dinner with Matt's Mom

Rusty and Jamal share the yardwork at Jamal's

Fernando almost gets raped in Juvie Hall

* * * * * * * * * * * *

DJ had his alarm set for 8:00 AM on Tuesday morning, the 13th of February, as he needed to be at work at 10:00 AM. Jamie got up with him, as he needed to go in early to talk with Anthony and Maria, but he was not scheduled to work until 4:00 PM.

DJ, sipping his first cup of coffee, "It seems funny, seeing you up this early on a Tuesday morning. What do you think Anthony and Maria will say?"

"I don't know, baby, I'm certain that they've never had any kids, but I don't know if it's by choice or chance. I'm hoping that they might like the idea of having a foster son around. It's not like having a baby to take care of, and Fernando is old enough to even help them in the pizzeria."

DJ cooked them both some breakfast, and Jamie left right after they ate, as he wanted to be at the pizzeria when Anthony and Maria arrived. DJ didn't plan to leave until about 9:30. When Anthony and Maria arrived at the pizzeria, about 9:20 AM, Jamie was standing at the door.

"Jamie," Anthony asked, "why are you here this early, is something wrong?"

"I hope not," Jamie replied," I wanted to discuss something of a personal nature, with both of you, before there were customers around. Can we go inside?" Anthony unlocked the door and the three of them entered, locking the door behind them.

"Okay, Jamie, what's this all about? I hope we can talk while we start our prep work."

"Sure," Jamie said, then asked, "have you and Maria ever had any children?"

"No, Jamie, but it's not by choice," Anthony replied, "Jamie, please don't publicize this, but my semen is no good, I can't make babies, that's why we've never had any children. Can I ask where this is going?" Anthonys' eyes are a little wet.

"There is a young Argentine boy, his name is Fernando, and he just turned Fifteen, and he needs a foster home, really bad. I was hoping that you and Maria might consider becoming foster parents to him," Jamie stated.

"How does that work?" Anthony asked.

"I'm not sure of all the details," Jamie explained, "but you would take him into your home, like parents, and the state would pay you to care for him. It would be a lot like having your own son living with you."

"So where is this boy living now?" Maria asked.

"He's under the care of CPS, and they're holding him in Juvie Hall, until they can find a foster home for him," Jamie explained.

"So, I would guess that he committed some type of a crime?" Anthony asked.

"Not at all," Jamie said, "It's kind of complicated, I think I need to tell you the whole story."

While Maria and Anthony (and Jamie) worked on the prep, Jamie explained the whole story.

"Jamie," Anthony stated, "taking a teenager into our home, would be a major undertaking for us, and probably turn our lives upside down. It's not something we can give you a quick yes or no answer to, we have a lot to consider, and discuss."

"We have the room," Maria said, "we have two spare bedrooms, so giving Fernando his own room is not a problem, and for us, the issue that he is gay, is not a concern, I think you would know that. How soon do you need an answer?"

"The sooner the better," Jamie replied, "I'm not comfortable with him being confined with a bunch of teenage thugs in Juvie Hall, I fear for his safety. I hope he's been discreet about his sexuality."

"Jamie, I can't say we'll do it, and I can't say we won't. Maria and I will give this some serious consideration, and we'll try to have an answer for you by the time you come in to work this afternoon."

"That's all I can ask," Jamie said, "see you at 4:00." Jamie then headed home.

Joe and I had risen and were just on our 2nd cups of coffee when Jamie returned to the house and came in the back door.

Good morning, Jamie," I said, "you've been out early today."

"Good morning, Dad's," Jamie said, giving us both hugs, "I needed to have a talk with Anthony and Maria, before they had customers coming in."

"I hope nothing is wrong," I said.

"Well, there is something wrong," Jamie responded, "but not with DJ or me. I'll tell you about what is going on, after I get another glass of juice."

Jamie sat down and told Joe and me the whole story, including the talk that he'd had with Anthony and Maria. It was easy to see that Jamie was highly concerned about Fernando.

"What's Fernando like?" I asked.

"I've never met him, but I've seen his picture, he's one of those cute boys that makes you want to grab him and hug the shit out of him!" Jamie exclaimed. Joe and I grinned, having felt that emotion before.

Joe, concerned, "Juvie Hall is not the greatest place for a cute gay guy, I hope nothing happens to him, and he gets out of there soon. At Fifteen, the kid is probably still a virgin. God, I hate it when parents can't accept their gay kids!"

"I need to call Chuck, and give him an update," Jamie stated.

Jamie placed the call and told Chuck he'd talked to Anthony and Maria, and they were considering being foster parents to Fernando, and are supposed to give him an answer when he went in to work at 4:00 PM. Chuck told him there had been no changes on that end, and he and Serena hoped that the answer from Anthony was positive.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

About 8:30 AM on that same Tuesday morning, Grandpa knocked loudly on Rusty's bedroom door and announced that breakfast was nearly ready. It was a signal for the boys to get their bottoms covered and make an appearance. Typically, in this household, the male residents just wore underwear to the table for breakfast, although Grandma had on a housedress.

Grandma was old school, evidently enjoyed cooking for her family, and her breakfasts were like a farmer's breakfast. She baked homemade biscuits nearly every morning, unless she made pancakes. This morning's faire was Fried Ham and Eggs, Home Fries, biscuits of course, with Redeye Gravy, and orange juice. Unlike Jamal was used to, Rusty's grandparents did not say grace before most meals.

Jamal, as the boys dug in, "I think I could get used to eating like this, breakfast at my house is usually a bowl of cold cereal, and maybe a couple of Pop Tarts."

"You young guys need more nourishment than that," Grandpa said, "if you're going to have enough energy to make it through the day. Most young people today don't know how to eat properly, filling up on fast food and junk food."

"You're probably right, Grandpa," Jamal replied, "I think most people's lives are so busy that they just don't have the time to cook."

"Jamal," Grandma stated, "you make the time, turn off the TV a little earlier, go to bed a little earlier, get up earlier, and 'Bang!', you just found the time to cook a decent breakfast!"

"I never thought of it that way," Jamal commented. Grandma leaned over and whispered something into Rusty's ear.

Rusty, whispering into Jamal's ear, "Baby, I've been informed that we are both exposed."

Both boys looked down at each other and themselves and realized they both had an inch or so of their pricks poking out of the cuffs of their boxers. They both adjusted their penises, and both had blushed faces. Grandpa was watching this exchange and grinned.

"What are your plans for today, boys?" Grandpa inquired.

"Probably knock our homework out this morning," Rusty said, "and then we're expected at Jamal's Mom's house for lunch about noonish. This afternoon, we're going to do their yard, have dinner with his parents, and spend the night, and then head to school from there in the morning."

"Do you sleep together there?" Grandpa asked.

"We haven't, yet," Rusty replied, "but Jamal's father said that he was certain that Jamal would be willing to share his bed with me, so I guess it's cool."

"It's that time of year again," Grandpa suggested, "maybe you guys can take the tarp off the pool, and get it ready for swimming, after you get home from school on Wednesday."

Rusty, both boys glancing at each other, "Sure Grandpa, we'd be glad to." Jamal nodded, and smiled, wondering how soon he might be able to skinny dip with his boyfriend.

After the boys completed their homework, they headed into Rusty's bedroom, to get dressed, and Rusty packed a zipper bag with a change of clothes to wear to school tomorrow, including his 'good' sneakers. He dressed in a pair of old jeans, and put on an old T-shirt, and his old sneakers, dressing suitably for doing yard work.

"Jamal," Rusty commented, "have you ever worn another type of underwear, other than boxers?"

"Not since I was a little kid, and Mama always bought me those tidy white briefs," Jamal replied, "why?"

"I'm thinking," Rusty said, "that maybe something like boxer-briefs might offer more—support, especially when guys are hung—like we are."

"I'm just kinda used to my cock hanging down in my pants leg, but I always wear rather baggy pants. I've wanted some skinny jeans, and I tried some on once, but the bulge in the pants leg was just too noticeable, so I didn't buy them. Maybe with boxer-briefs, I could wear them comfortably."

"I think we should try them," Rusty said, "we should wear the same size, I'd be willing to spring for four-pack, or even a six-pack, and we could try them out. If we like them, we could buy some more."

"I'm game, baby," Jamal replied, "I'm kinda wondering what it would be like, pulling the snake out through the fly, when we have to pee, and even worse, pushing it back afterwards."

"Rusty, laughing, "Let's get some at Target, on our way to your house, and we can try them after we shower today, we're in this together, baby."

"I think you know by now," Jamal said, smiling, "I'll do most anything together with you, as long as it's not illegal! If you decide to rob a bank, you're on your own." Rusty smiled.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

It was 1:00 PM on Tuesday afternoon, Matt and his Mom, Annie, had just finished lunch and were sitting at the table, chatting. Dinner was planned for about 6:00 PM that evening, and Annie was trying to pick Matt's brain, as to what Marie would eat.

"I know she doesn't eat pork," Matt stated, "Friday night we ordered a half and half pizza, meats on my half, and beef, chicken and mushrooms on hers."

"Honey," Annie queried, "Marie does know that you are not all male, doesn't she?"

"Of course, Mom, there's no way I would date a girl, without being truthful as to my sexuality, and she is very accepting, as to my status. Marie likes me for who I am, not what I am, can I ask you a kind of personal question?"

"Sure, Matt, and I'll try to answer it, if I can," Annie said.

"I know it's been a while, for you," Matt asked, "but, like when you and Dad were dating, did you guys kiss and make out?"

"Sure, we did, Matt, why do you ask?"

"I just kinda wondered," Matt asked, sheepishly, "did you get wet, down there?"

Annie, laughing, "I think it's quite normal, when couples make out, the boys get hard, and the girls get wet, did Marie get wet?"

"I don't know, but I did!" Matt exclaimed, "I was afraid, after not having a period for three months, that I was having another period. I couldn't wait to get home and check myself, but it wasn't red, it was just wet."

"Honey, I think you just got aroused," Annie replied, smiling, "If you had that penis, you probably would have grown an erection, and I'm betting that Marie was wet too. What time are you planning to pick Marie up tonight?"

"If dinner is at 6:00 PM, I'm thinking about 5:00," Matt said.

"Just a suggestion, why don't you see if she can be ready earlier, and that way I can get to know her a little, and we can share some 'Girl Talk' while I'm cooking dinner."

"Let me call her," Matt said.

Matt made the call, and Marie said she needed about 45 minutes to get ready. Annie said that would be great, and she would like Matt to bring her home about 3:00 PM, if it was OK with Marie, and Marie said she could be ready by then. Annie is excited to meet Matt's first girlfriend.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Jamal and Rusty left Rusty's house about 11:15 AM and headed to Target. They agreed on a six-pack of colored boxer-briefs and Rusty paid for them with his debit card. They then arrived at Jamal's parent's house at just about noon, and Rusty followed Jamal in through the front door.

"MAMA!" Jamal hollered, "We're here." Rusty followed Jamal into the kitchen, where Mama was just placing some chicken salad sandwiches on three plates.

"Do you guys want milk, water or iced tea?" Mama asked.

Both boys said that milk was preferred. Mama poured 2 glasses of the white liquid, and a glass of iced tea for herself. Jamal carried the glasses to the table, placing the milk at two seats on one side of the table and the iced tea across on the other side. Mama brought in the two plates of two sandwiches each, and placed them in front of the milk glasses, and then got the third plate, with just one sandwich, and set it down by the glass of iced tea. They all sat down.

"Jamal," Mama asked, "would you please say grace?"

The two boys held hands and reached across the table and each took one of Mama's hands in theirs. They all bowed heads.

"Heavenly Father," Jamal prayed, "Please bless this food, and the one who has prepared it, for us to enjoy. Dear God, I want to thank you for bringing Rusty and me together, to get to know and love each other. I especially want to thank you Lord, for blessing both of us with loving and understanding families. We ask this in the name of your loving Son, Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen."

Rose and Rusty echoed the 'Amen' and Rusty performed the sign of the crucifix.

Rose, grabbing a napkin and blotting the tears from her eyes, "Son, that was beautiful, I'm certain that God is smiling upon you two, Rusty, are you Catholic?"

"Mom, I don't really know if I'm anything right now," Rusty replied, "typically Irish, I was raised Catholic, but I haven't been to Mass in quite a while."

"Rusty, you are aware that Pastor John has sent a message that you are welcome to come to our church with Jamal?"

"Yeah, Jamal's father told me that on Saturday night, before we left," Rusty answered, "I'm still considering it."

"It's an open invitation, Rusty, please think about coming to our church with us this Sunday," Rose said, "I know you will like Pastor John."

"I'd probably have to buy a new suit," Rusty said, "I don't think my old one would fit me anymore."

"Rusty," Rose said, "our church isn't like that, casual attire is acceptable, you won't feel out of place, wearing jeans and a sport shirt, and that's what most of the male parishioners usually wear, especially the younger men."

"I'll give it some serious consideration, Mom, and let you know," Rusty commented, "lunch was great, thanks. Baby, are you about ready to get started on the yard?"

"Yeah," Jamal said, "let's go to my room so I can change into some work clothes."

Jamal led Rusty to his room and closed the door. No sooner than they entered the room, the two boys fell into each other's arms, sharing a loving hug and romantic kiss. Jamal then changed into an old, but clean, T-shirt and jeans, then put on a pair of old, grass stained, sneakers.

When the boys went outside to start the yard work, they decided to swap jobs between the front and back yards. Jamal will weed eat the back yard while Rusty mows and then Jamal will mow the front yard while Rusty does the trimming. Every time they were close to each other, they smiled at each other. Rusty was right, they actually were having fun, sharing this work together.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

About 3:00 PM Matt pulled into his driveway with Marie, parked, and escorted Marie to the front door, and they entered the house. Matt then took Marie to the kitchen, where his Mom was preparing to place a chicken into the oven to roast.

"Mom," Matt announced, "I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Marie Walsh, and Marie, this is my Mom, Annie Gill." Marie loves it when Matt refers to her as his 'girlfriend,' and Matt is also her first boyfriend.

"Hold on a second, honey," Annie stated, "let me wash this chicken juice off my hands, so I can give you a proper hug." Annie washed and dried her hands.

Annie, wrapping her arms affectionately around Marie, "Matt has told me so much about you, and I very happy to finally meet you, I hope you feel comfortable in our home. Matt told me you don't eat pork, I hope you like roasted chicken."

"I actually like most foods," Marie responded, "and roast chicken is my favorite kind of chicken, it's much tastier than fried chicken, and not nearly as greasy. I think the flavor of the breading on fried chicken overpowers the taste of the chicken."

"Do you like broccoli?" Annie asked.

"I think I like nearly all vegetables, Mrs. Gill, and broccoli is my second favorite, next to asparagus," Marie said.

"Marie, can you just call me 'Annie', Mrs. Gill makes me feel old, and if I'd known your favorite was asparagus, I would have bought some."

"Broccoli is fine, maybe we can have asparagus next time," Marie said, "If there is a next time."

"Marie, just how much has Matt told you, about his situation?" Annie asked, "and how do you really feel about him?"

"If you're referring to his transitioning," Marie responded, "I think Matt has been very open and honest with me. I'm aware that he has a long, hard road in front of him, and I can handle that. I feel very comfortable with and around Matt, and I enjoy every minute that we spend together, and I care enough about Matt that I'm pleased to call him my boyfriend."

"Marie," Annie commented, "do you realize, that even after all the surgery, Matt may never be able to perform sex like a normal man, or be able to father children?"

"Annie," Marie countered, "do you realize that sex is over rated, real love comes from the heart, and not the genitals, and I've got a heart full of love, and it's all for Matt! If we continue down this path, and eventually marry, adoption agencies can supply us with children."

"Do your parents know," Annie asked, "that you're dating a trans boy?"

"Not yet," Marie replied, "I've seen no reason to tell them, and I can tell that my Dad really likes him, Matt impressed him, the first night Matt came to our house to pick me up. I suppose they're eventually going to need to know, but I'm not anxious to share that information with them."

Matt stood up and walked behind Marie and placed his arms around her neck.

"Marie," Matt said, "I'm glad I overheard that conversation, I was afraid you'd want to dump me, knowing that we probably couldn't have sex."

"MATT!" Marie blurted, "I hope you don't think I'm that kind of girl." Then, her voice softening, "Matt, that hurt, I don't think you understand me, I could care less about sexual activity, I'm loving you for the man you are, and I want to be with you. (tears are sliding down Marie's cheeks)

Matt, hugging Marie from the back, "Baby, I'm sorry, the last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you, I care too much for you to hurt you. I've just got so many changes ahead of me to go through, it's going to be a long hard road."

"I know, Matt," Marie said, "I want to be by your side, and travel that road with you. When you come out of your surgeries, I want to be there, holding your hand, and comforting you."

"You really like Matt a lot," Annie stated, "don't you?"

"I think," Marie answered, "it's a little deeper than that, Annie, I think I have fallen in love with your son, and he's a great kisser, too." Annie grinned, and Matt blushed.

"And how does Matt feel about this?" Annie inquired.

"Mom, the feeling is quite mutual," Matt replied, "Marie, let's shoot some pool, while we're waiting for dinner to cook."

Matt led Marie into the den/rec room. Once out of Annie's sight, M&M shared a passionate hug and kiss. Matt appreciated Marie's comment about him being a great kisser, and he didn't want to waste any chances to practice that kiss, and to become the perfect kisser!

M&M played a few games of rotation, and every time Marie's ball landed in the intended pocket, Matt paid her a loving, sweet kiss on her lips, making her feel quite loved and desired. These two seem to be feeling very comfortable with, and around each other.

A little later the two sat on the sofa, Matt's arm instinctively found it's way around Marie's shoulders. And Marie's head was resting on Matt's shoulder, one of her hands was holding one of Matt's hands. They were pleasantly disturbed by Annie's announcement that dinner was served.

M&M sat together on one side of the table, enjoying Annie's culinary skills of Roasted Chicken, baked stuffing with chicken gravy, broccoli, and an orange & cranberry salad. While eating, M&M discussed meeting for lunch in the cafeteria Wednesday and Friday, and Matt was to come to the Walsh home Friday evening to go to Red Lobster for dinner with Marie's parents.

Annie mentioned that Matt was scheduled to go to Atlanta for his upper surgery right after the end of the spring semester. Marie suggested that they could all go together, and she and Annie could share the cost of a two-bed hotel room, and they would both be close to Matt, while he was in the hospital. Annie agreed that it would make sense, if Marie really wanted to be there, and Marie said that she really did want to be with Matt during this procedure.

About 8:30 PM, Matt was preparing to take Marie home, and Marie thanked Annie graciously for the delicious dinner. Matt escorted Marie to his car, held the door for her as she got in, then closed it, and then assumed his role as driver and drove to Marie's home. Matt was wishing the car had a bench seat, so Marie could sit closer to him. He really enjoys being close to his girlfriend.

When Matt parked in front of Marie's house, he walked Marie to her front door and they shared a deep, romantic, kiss and hug. Their tongues explored one another's mouths and in just a few seconds, Matt felt that damned wetness in his crotch again. He quietly cursed himself, realizing he'd forgotten to put a feminine napkin down there.

Matt, cupping one of Marie's breasts in his hand, "I like these, on you, but I despise the ones I still have!" He then gave that breast a loving squeeze and Marie smiled.

"It's OK baby," Marie consoled, "just about three more months, and I'll be able to play with my hand on your flat, manly chest! Will you still have nipples?"

"Yes, they will transplant them to where they are supposed to be, I just won't have the boobs anymore," Matt replied, "Goodnight, sweetheart, will I see you for lunch tomorrow?"

"Of course," Marie replied, "I'm not about to miss any chance to spend time with you, I love you, baby."

"I love you too," Matt responded, "Goodnight, and sleep tight." Marie opened the front door, and the house swallowed her, out of Matt's sight.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

About 3:30 PM Jamal and Rusty finished the yard and put the mower and weed eater away. Jamal entered the house and got two glasses of iced tea and brought them outside, and the boys sat at the picnic table.

"Rusty," Jamal said, "thank you so much for helping me with the yard."

"Was it not fun," Rusty replied," doing it together? I sure enjoyed helping you, and Grandpa asked if we could get the pool ready for swimming after school tomorrow, do you want to help me?"

"Rusty, I already told you I would do anything with you, and I can't wait until we can skinny dip in that pool," Jamal said, grinning.

"I think you'd better find your swimming trunks," Rusty stated, "because we can't skinny dip while the grandparents are around, but they'll probably take off again for a few days before long. They're retired, and they spend more time travelling than they do at home."

"We probably need to clean up," Jamal said, "it won't be too long before Papa gets home, and we'll be having dinner."

Jamal, as they entered the kitchen, "Mama, do you need the bathroom before we tie it up showering?"

"I'm fine, Jamal," Rose said, "but thanks for the consideration, which one of you are showering first?"

"Both of us," Jamal answered, grinning, "we've kind of gotten used to showering together." Rose rolled her eyes and shrugged her shoulders.

The boys went into Jamal's bedroom and removed everything except their boxers. Rusty grabbed two pairs of the new boxer-briefs, and they slipped across the hall into the bathroom. Jamal turned on the water and got it adjusted and then both boys got into the shower and Jamal pulled the shower curtain closed.

Jamal shampooed his hair first, then handed the bottle to Rusty and the boys switched positions. While Rusty shampooed his hair, Jamal soaped up a washcloth and started scrubbing his boyfriend down, giving Rusty's privates exceptional attention. The slippery, soapy washcloth and Jamal's loving hands caused Rusty to become partially erect.

When Jamal stood up again, he was also somewhat aroused, even though Rusty had not touched him yet. Just the sensation of washing Rusty's cock and balls was turning him on. 'That's' bullshit', Jamal thought to himself, just being close to Rusty turns him on.

Jamal would have never believed that he could fall so hard for any boy, let alone a white boy—oh well, he guesses that's what God wanted for him, and he truly cares a great deal for Rusty. Fuck, he doesn't just care for Rusty he loves him.

The boys switched positions again, and Rusty gave Jamal a similar treatment, and after Jamal was rinsed, Rusty knelt down and gave the head of Jamal's half hard prick a loving kiss. When Rusty lowered his head down to kiss it, Jamal thought Rusty was going to try to suck it.

"Rusty, not here!" Jamal exclaimed, "Mama will get suspicious if we take too long in the shower."

"I was just giving it a kiss, Baby," Rusty replied, "but I have to admit, I have acquired an appetite for your cum." Jamal grinned.

The boys took a final rinse, turned off the water and stepped out, drying one another off. After applying deodorant to their underarms, they each pulled on the new box-briefs, and adjusted their penises inside of them.

"What do you think, Jamal?" Rusty asked.

"Well, they feel different," Jamal answered, "but not in a bad way, they do offer better support, and I probably could get used to them. I'm just so used to hanging down in my pants leg, but these keep me tucked—better. I'd like to see how skinny jeans would look on me, with these."

The two boys went back into Jamal's bedroom, and both dressed in the clothes they plan to wear to school the next morning. It was just a bit past 5:00 PM, Mama was cooking dinner, and Jamal's father would be coming home from work about 5:30. The boys got glasses of Iced Tea and headed out to the yard, sitting at the picnic bench. George arrived at just about 5:30 and walked toward the boys, still sitting at the bench. Both boys stood up to greet him.

"Hi Son," George spoke, "and Hi, Rusty, it's good to see you again." George wrapped his arms around Rusty and gave him a warm hug. Then, "The yard looks great, Jamal, good job."

"I had help, Papa," Jamal stated, smiling at Rusty.

"Can I ask you guys a favor?" George said, "Would you grab that old grill and take it out to the curb, so the trash men can pick it up tomorrow, but keep the propane tank, we'll need it for the new grill."

"Sure, Papa," Jamal replied, "where is the new one?

"It's still at Lowes," George answered, "It was too big to get it in the car, I either need to rent a truck, or pay to have them deliver it."

"No need for either," Rusty said, "I have a pickup, Jamal and I can pick it up after school tomorrow and bring it here."

"Why, thanks, Rusty," George said, "I guess that gives credence to the term 'Friends with Benefits!'" Both boys glanced at each other and smiled.

"Could be, Papa," Jamal replied, grinning. All three laughed.

"Son," George said, "please don't let me forget to give you the pick-up order, before we go to bed, you'll need that. Can I assume that Rusty is sleeping over with you tonight?"

"As a matter of fact," Jamal said, "That is the plan." George smiled.

Rose, at the back door, "Hey guys, dinner is served."

The four sat down at the table and George offered the blessings, including a special request for the Lord to guide the two young men, and keep them safe. The way Jamal's father prayed made Rusty feel even more comfortable with Jamal's family. It appears that Jamal's family has really accepted Jamal as their gay son, and Rusty as his boyfriend.

After dinner, while Rose was putting the leftovers away and doing up the dishes, the men all settled in the living room. George mentioned that the weather was getting nicer, and he was planning more cookouts, giving the new grill a workout, and that Rusty was, of course, welcome to partake of the cookouts, as he is now considered a part of the Robinson family.

Rusty mentioned that he and Jamal were going to get the cover off the pool and prepare it for swimming.

"Do you guys plan on skinny dipping?" George asked, grinning.

Rusty replied, chuckling, "Not when my grandparents are around!"

"Actually," Jamal said, "Rusty and I are considering hosting an all gay, all male, clothing optional pool party sometime this summer when the grandparents are gone away for a few days. Rusty's grandparents are retired and they travel around, a lot, so sometimes Rusty has the whole place to himself."

"Correction baby," Rusty remarked, smiling, "when the grandparents are gone, 'WE' have the whole place to ourselves, like we did last week."

"Do you actually know other guys, that are—like you?" George asked.

"Not many," Jamal replied, "mostly a few guys from the Rainbow Alliance, like, DJ and Jamie, and Bryan and Phil."

"You would actually consider inviting DJ and Jamie," George asked, "after what they did to you?"

"Papa," Jamal remarked, "I caused that—when I put that threat on DJ's windshield—but it's in the past. We've all gotten past that, and we are all friends, DJ and Jamie are two of my best friends now."

"You're lucky, Jamal," George said, "that DJ and Jamie had that amount of compassion in their hearts, otherwise you'd be sitting behind bars today."

"I know that, Papa," Jamal lamented, "I learned a lot from that rather harsh experience, and now I have my own boyfriend, that I didn't steal."

Rose, after finishing the dishes, entered the living room and joined the men. The four of them just chatted, mostly small talk, until about 11:00 PM, and then all headed to bed. George needs to get up early for work, and the boys have classes tomorrow.

"Papa, you got that paper we need to pick up the new grill?"

"Oh, yeah," George said, "Thanks for reminding me, I need to get it out of the car, I'll be right back." He got the paper and gave it to Jamal.

Rose, lying in bed with her husband, "Honey, what do you think of this—thing, between Jamal and Rusty?"

"Well," George replied, "It still goes against my biblical beliefs, the type of relationship they have, but if Jamal is gay, I think he picked a rather outstanding young man to—care about, and have, for a boyfriend. The more I get to know Rusty, the more I like him. I think maybe I'm even beginning to love him a little, almost like a second son."

"I know the feeling," Rose said, "I'm glad that Pastor John had that chat with us, it has helped me to understand our son a lot better. I, also, don't really approve of how they are, but, like Pastor John said, we need to change the things we can, and accept those things we can't change. I guess a person's sexuality is one of those things that we, as mortals, cannot change, so we need to accept it. I still unconditionally love our son, and I can't help but like Rusty, a lot."

"I know one thing, sweetheart," George said, "I would never try to discourage their relationship. If we were to ever try to break them up, Jamal would want another boyfriend, and he could end up with a boy not nearly as desirable as Rusty."

"I always dreamed," Rose lamented, "that Jamal would meet, and marry a nice girl, and give us grandchildren, but I guess that can never happen now."

"Don't give up, baby," George responded, "same sex couples can get married, nowadays, and adopt children, think positively, all hope is not lost. Morning comes early, I love you Rose, Goodnight."

George wrapped his arms around his wife, and they soon fell asleep.

Meanwhile, in Jamal's bedroom, the two boys had stripped completely, and were lying in Jamal's bed, loving the feeling of their naked bodies lying against one another. It was a different bed, but the same sensation that they always felt when going to sleep together. They had kissed and hugged passionately, causing both of them to grow erections, and made out a little more, feeling one another's hard cocks touching, and both guys leaking some precum, which they tried to ignore.

"Baby," Jamal spoke softly, "I can't wait too much longer, I want to feel you inside me, just as much as I want to feel my cock sliding into your man cunt. Do you think your grandparents might take off again soon?"

"Probably, before too long," Rusty replied, "they usually only tell me a day or two before they leave, but we could take a hike in the woods, and maybe have some fun there, and we can do that even if they're around."

"I have a sudden hunger," Jamal said, "do you think you can cum quietly, so my parents don't hear us, I want to suck you off—right now."

Jamal threw back the sheet, exposing both of them to the air, and lowered his mouth onto Rusty's hard prick, taking what he could handle of Rusty's head and shaft. Rusty moaned softly, enjoying the oral assault on his rock-hard erection. Jamal felt like he would shoot, if either of them were to even touch his cock!

"I'm not going to last long at all," Rusty softly spoke.

Jamal, pulling off for a few seconds," Good, I'm starving for it."

A few second later, Rusty's body stiffened and his breathing almost stopped, Jamal felt Rusty starting to pulse, and then the nearly endless streams of cum flowed out of the tip of Rusty's cock and into Jamal's anxious mouth. Jamal swallowed quickly, hoping no drops of that precious load went anywhere, except into his mouth and throat.

"God, that felt good, baby!" Rusty exclaimed, softly.

"Rusty, you've got the tastiest mans' milk!" Jamal whispered, "I could eat that several times a day, every day! I love you baby, in every way."

"Hold that thought," Rusty whispered, "I'm hungry too, and I need my 'Jamal Fix!', I just hope I can make you feel as good as you did me."

Rusty re-adjusted his position, taking about four inches of Jamal's length into his mouth, and nursing it, lovingly and tenderly. Jamal was trying to relax, just enjoying the feeling of Rusty's mouth, working his cock. He couldn't help but think that every time Rusty does this, it feels better than the time before.

Rusty is becoming a very skilled cocksucker, but Jamal still has the desire to penetrate Rusty's boy pussy, however, he had promised Rusty that he would never try to push him beyond his comfort zone. Jamal cares too much for Rusty to break that promise.

Both of these young men still have virgin asses, but Jamal is willing to lose his virginity to his boyfriend first. Just imagining how it might feel to have Rusty's cock inside him is bringing him to an orgasm quickly.

Jamal, tapping on Rusty's head, whispered "I'm about to cum!"

Rusty acknowledged the announcement by tightening his mouth around Jamal's cock and speeding up his assault on that BBC, while massaging Jamal's scrotum and balls. He is more than ready for Jamal's load!

"FUCK!" Jamal whispered, as loudly as one can whisper, as his cock started pulsing, shooting several healthy ropes of cum into Rusty's hungry mouth. Rusty swallowed most of it and then savored the flavor of the last couple of spurts, and then swallowed them also.

"Every time I taste you," Rusty whispered, "you taste better than the time before, I think I've acquired a serious taste for your sweet juice!"

"I still want to feel you inside me, baby," Jamal whispered, "I want you to bust my Cherry! Maybe the next time we go to the woods, we can take the lube with us, and you can fuck me, I think I really want that."

"That sounds like a weekday project," Rusty whispered, snickering, "Dan might catch us on the weekend, I don't know how to fuck a guy."

"Neither do I, baby," Jamal whispered, "but I'll bet we can learn, and I'm willing to be your Guinea Pig."

The two boys shared a passionate, goodnight kiss, snuggled up to each other and soon fell asleep.

* * * * * * * * * *

Earlier that Tuesday, about 1:00 PM, Jamie got a call from Anthony.

"Jamie," Anthony asked on the phone, "I know you aren't scheduled until 4:00 PM, but Maria has some business to take care of, can you come in around 2:00 PM?"

"Sure, Anthony," Jamie replied.

"By the way," Anthony asked, "What is Fernando's last name?"

"Gomez," Jamie replied, "that's G O M E Z"

"Just curious," Anthony said, "see you in about an hour, bye."

Just as Jamie parked in front of Anthony's Pizzeria, about 1:55 PM, he and Maria waved at each other as she was pulling out. Jamie entered the pizzeria and clocked in, and Anthony thanked him for coming in early. During the next hour, Jamie helped take care of the normal business, and helped Anthony with some of the pizza orders.

"Have you," Jamie asked, "come to any decision—you know, about Fernando?" Jamie is on pins and needles.

"Not for sure, yet," Anthony replied, "but, as we speak, Maria is at Social Services, finding out the details, and seeing if we qualify to be foster parents. We've decided to help him, if we can, we may be able to give you a firm answer, later today, or maybe tomorrow."

Maria returned about 3:30 PM. She told Anthony (and Jamie) that the paperwork was filed, and that they needed to run a background check on both her and her husband, and then Fernando's case worker would be contacting them, probably tomorrow, for an interview, and to check out their home, where Fernando would be living.

Jamie made a quick call to Chuck and told him that Anthony and Maria were willing to help Fernando, and it was now dependent on the results of the background check, and Fernando's case worker, as to whether they would become Fernando's foster family.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Hey, dude," this tall, slender and muscular boy said, "I'm Danny, Danny White, I think we need to talk, what's your name?"

"Fernando, Fernando Gomez, what do we need to talk about?"

"I've been hearing some chatter, from some of the other boys in here, and I want to protect you, what did you do to get in here?"

"Nothing, really," Fernando said, "I mean, like I didn't commit a crime, or anything, my father kicked me out of the house, and because I'm only fifteen, Child Protective Services placed me in here until they can find a foster home for me."

"Why did your father kick you out?" Danny asked.

"It's kind of a long story," Fernando replied, "and probably not something you would want to know. I think I'd better leave."

Fernando started to walk away, and Danny grabbed his arm, holding him in place.

"Hold on, dude," Danny said, "Don't walk away from someone that want's to be your friend! Fernando, did your father kick you out because you're gay? Please be honest with me."

Fernando, tears slipping from his eyes, "Yes, he called me a 'Perv' and said I was no longer welcome in his house."

"Shit!" Danny exclaimed, "Can I tell you a secret, and promise it will go no further than between you and me?" Fernando nodded.

"I'm gay too," Danny stated, "but nobody here knows, except you, I figure I'm big enough and strong enough to defend myself, and I'll defend you too, little brother, what are you, about Five foot?"

"Four feet Eleven, actually," Fernando said, smiling a little.

"Fernando," Danny said, "I overheard four or five of the guys talking about the new Mexican faggot that was in here, and they are planning to gang bang you, and make you their bitch. It won't happen though, if any of them lays a hand on you, I will fuck them up, and that's a promise!"

"I'm not Mexican, I'm Argentine," Fernando stated, "and you would actually stick up for me?"

"Fernando," Danny retorted, "nobody deserves to be raped, and it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight, rape is rape. Please stay kind of close to me, and don't let me be out of your sight."

"I appreciate you wanting to protect me," Fernando said, "but why, are you wanting something from me in return?"

"Kinda, sorta," Danny replied, "it's called friendship, to be honest, I'm into older guys, like mid-twenties, or even early thirties, you're way too young for me to be sexually attracted to you, not meaning to put you down, it's just how I am."

"I understand," Fernando replied, "and I'm into guys closer to my own age, I was kissing a guy that was 17, and we got caught. That's how my father found out I was gay, and I ended up here, until CPS finds me a foster home."

"I was sentenced to three months for shoplifting, and have 3 weeks to go," Danny stated, "if I'd been 18, I would have been sent to the pen, and had a permanent police record, but as a juvenile, the records will be sealed."

After supper in the mess hall, Danny asked Fernando if he would like to grab a shower with him, and he accepted. When they arrived at the open showers, there were already four boys showering. There were eight showerheads, and Fernando and Danny stripped and took two of the remaining four heads.

Suddenly, two of the other boys grabbed Fernando's arms, holding him securely and a third boy grabbed Fernando's waist from behind...

Danny swung into action, planting a fist into the third boys face, then again at one of the boys holding Fernando's arm. Someone yelled "FIGHT!" and within seconds two armed guards appeared and all six boys in the shower just stood there, the two slightly injured boys were rubbing their faces.

"What's going on?" one of the guards questioned.

"White just started punching us, for no reason!" one of the boys remarked.

"There was a reason," Danny blurted, "They were trying to rape Fernando!"

"He's lying!" one of the perpetrators exclaimed, pointing at Danny.

"Right now, you all need to get dried and dressed, and you're all going to solitary, until we get this mess straightened out," The other guard said.

One at a time, all six of the boys were questioned by the Captain. The three boys that were seemingly preparing to do harm to Fernando, had identical stories, that White attacked them for no reason. Danny stated that he'd overheard several boys talking earlier about gang banging the new Mexican fag, and that the two boys were holding Fernando and the third boy looked like he was going to attempt to sodomize Fernando, and that was when he took action and started to throw punches.

Fernando stated that he didn't really know what was happening, but that two of the boys were holding his arms, and the third grabbed his waist, and then Danny came to his rescue. The last boy said he was not involved, and was just a witness, but his story aligned with Danny's and Fernando's. Both he and Fernando were released back to their quarters. Danny and the other three boys were to be kept in solitary for the night.

The Captain brought up the video of the showers during the time of the incident, and it clearly showed the circumstances leading to White's assault on the other boys. After viewing it a second time, he felt that, had he been in White's position, he would have done the same thing. He then asked the guard to bring White to his office.

"White," the Captain said, "you do realize that you actually started the fight, in the showers, don't you?"

"Yes sir," Danny said, "I know I was wrong, but I couldn't just stand by and watch someone get—sexually assaulted. Fernando is a really nice kid, but there was no way he could have defended himself against those three—whatever. I had promised him that I would protect him, and I did what I had to do."

"I looked at that video twice, and had I been wearing your shoes, I know I would have done what you did," the Captain stated, smiling, "I have to respect you for your humanitarian reaction. Sometimes wrong can be right, you don't belong in solitary, White, go back to your quarters!"

"Yes, Sir," Danny stated, "Thank you, sir!"

"Wait," Captain said, standing up and coming around the big desk, "you deserve a hug!" The Captain and Danny shared a nice hug, and Danny beamed. The Captain's not such a bad guy after all. The Captains phone rang.

"Juvie Hall, Captain Johnson here."

"Captain Johnson, Mary Stewart here, I'm Fernando Gomez's case worker, how is Fernando doing?"

Aside from nearly getting raped today, he's doing OK, any good news?"

"Maybe, I have a couple that are willing to foster him, I've run their background, and it's squeaky clean. They just applied today, and specified they are only interested in fostering Fernando. I still need to IV (interview) them, and check out the home, and if everything works out, I may be able to get Fernando out of there tomorrow afternoon."

"Great, should I break the news to him?" Johnson asked.

"Better not," Mary said, "I don't want him to have high hopes that might not happen, but it looks promising, you can tell him after I confirm."

"OK, Mary, thanks for the update, I hope to see you tomorrow."

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Wednesday morning, February 14th, Valentines Day, started out like any ordinary Wednesday. DJ and Jamie got up and showered, a naked Bryan waited patiently, as usual, for the other two to exit the shower so he could get his. As Bryan entered the shower, DJ and Jamie both cuffed Bryan's cock playfully, as usual, making Bryan snicker, and he reached down and cuffed theirs in return. They all grinned.

When DJ and Jamie came to the table, both held something behind their backs, and then handed each other cards. Jamie opened his and smiled as he read the romantic message, and it was signed by DJ. Jamie had no choice but to give his lover a tender, loving kiss.

"That's so beautiful, baby," Jamie remarked, "aren't you going to open yours?"

DJ, tears flowing down his cheeks, gingerly opened the envelope. The message read 'Happy Valentine's Day to our First Year of Love!' then, on the inside, 'The past year with you has been the happiest year a heart could ever hope to have!' then, in ink, 'I love you so much, Baby!'

Now the tears were really rolling, as if a dam had broken in DJ's eyes.

"Are you okay, baby?" Jamie asked.

"Yeah," DJ sobbed, "It's just these damned emotions! Do you realize—that's the first Valentines Card—I've ever received, and what a card it is!"

"DJ, do you have any idea how beautiful your eyes are when you cry?" Jamie said, "I don't mean that in a bad way, you've got the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever looked into anyway, but when you cry, they glisten like dew in the morning sun!" Karen smiled and nodded in agreement.

Bryan arrived at the table, shower completed. DJ handed the card to Bryan, for him to look at.

"Shit!" Bryan exclaimed, "today is Valentines Day, and I didn't even get Phil a card, I feel like a heel!" He looked at, and read, the card that Jamie had given DJ. "That is the most awesome Valentine card I've ever seen," Bryan remarked, smiling at DJ and Jamie.

Karen fixed breakfast for the three boys, and then Bryan headed to his room to grab his backpack, the top was not closed properly. When he tried to close it, it was held open by—a big envelope. Bryan pulled it out, it was one of those huge cards, about 10" X 14" that cost about $8 or $10, and was to him from Phil. He opened it and smiled, but now felt like even more of an ass for not having bought a card for Phil. He decided to get Phil a present instead and give it to him tonight after they both get off from work.

The boys left for college in DJ's Tracker, and would be back for lunch about 1:00 PM. Being Wednesday, DJ is doing deliveries from 3:00 to 9:00 PM, Jamie is scheduled from 4:00 to 9:00 and Bryan from 5:00 until 10:00 tonight, as Applebee's is expecting to be busy for Valentines.

* * * * * * * * * * *

In another home, not too far away, Rose is preparing breakfast for Jamal and Rusty. They need to leave for school about 9:30 for their 10:00 AM classes. Their plans are to go to Rusty's house after class and get Rusty's pickup, then to Lowes to pick up the new grill.

After they deliver the grill to Jamal's house, they're going back to Rusty's for dinner and to spend the evening and night together. Jamal has no classes on Thursday, and Rusty just has the volleyball class from 2:00 to 4:00 PM. They will go to college Friday morning from Rusty's house.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Jamie, DJ and Bryan returned to the Seldon house about 12:30 PM for lunch, and Jamie received a phone call from Anthony about 1:00 PM, asking him to come in around 2:00 as he and Maria had an appointment with Mary Stewart, Fernando's case worker, at 2:30.

Jamie, as he walked into the pizzeria, "Are we very busy today?"

"Not really," Anthony replied, "I'm hoping we'll be busy this evening, as it is Valentines Day. Mary Stewart is due to arrive at any minute, and Maria and I will be tied up with her for—a while. I'm confidant that you can handle everything while we're talking with her."

About 2:20 PM a lady entered the pizzeria, wearing a grey business suit, and Jamie greeted her with the usual 'Are you dining in or ordering for take-out?' and she informed him that she was Mary Stewart, and that she had an appointment with Antonio and Maria Chevas. Jamie informed Anthony that she had arrived. Anthony and Maria came out from the office.

"Hi," Anthony greeted her, extending his hand, "I'm Antonio, and this is my wife, Maria." The three shook hands.

"I'm Mary Stewart," Mary stated, "I need to interview you both, is there a place we can talk in private?"

"Sure," Anthony replied, "let's go into the party room, Jamie here is my most dependable side kick, and he can handle any business that might walk through the door." The three walked into the Party Room, and Anthony closed the door behind them.

While they were all in the party room, Mary explained the situation, much of which Anthony and Maria were aware of, thanks to Jamie. She told them that, if everything pans out, Fernando would be in a different school, and she would handle transferring his school records. She also mentioned that Fernando only had the clothes on his back, and would need more clothing very soon.

Mary told them what almost happened to Fernando at Juvie Hall, and that she felt it important to get Fernando out of there ASAP. That caused Maria's eyes to water, and both Maria and Anthony agreed that time was important, and they could take Fernando in, even tonight, if possible. Mary asked if she could see the home environment, and Maria offered to show her their home today.

A few minutes later, the three came out of the party room, all three were smiling, only one thing remained, Mary needed to approve the home. Maria left with Mary, and directed her to their home, which Mary found quite satisfactory. Mary asked to see the room that would become Fernando's, and Maria showed her the two spare rooms, and told Mary that the choice of which room would be his.

"You don't seem to have much here in the line of food?" Mary asked.

"Normally," Maria replied, "the only meal we eat here regularly is breakfast, and we cook other meals and eat at the restaurant. We can get, and keep more food here, especially with Fernando living here. We don't really live on pizza, I hope Fernando likes pizza though."

Mary, grinning, "Have you ever seen a teenager that doesn't like pizza?"

"I think that's rare," Maria replied, "we're closed on Mondays, and I always try to cook something special here at home on Mondays, on the other days, Antonio and I are always at the restaurant from about 10:30 AM until we close."

"That would mean," Mary commented, "that Fernando would be alone at home from the time he gets home from school, until you and Antonio get home from work, that's quite a few unsupervised hours."

"Mary," Maria asked, "is there any reason the school bus can't drop him off near the restaurant, and he can hang out there until we come home at night?"

Mary, contemplating, "I suppose not, you don't live far from the restaurant, it might even be the same bus that he would ride to school in the mornings. I think you and Antonio will be good foster parents for Fernando, and I'm approving his placement with you, is the $200 a month satisfactory?"

"That's fine," Maria replied, "I'm glad you approved us, I feel that the boy needs a break, and we both are welcoming the opportunity to have him in our care, we'll do the best we can for him."

Mary and Maria returned to the pizzeria about 4:00 PM, both women smiling. When they walked in, Anthony saw the smiles, and just knew that everything was AOK, and he was also getting anxious to meet their new foster son.

"OK," Mary stated, "I'll try to explain just how this works. I'm going to get Fernando out of Juvie Hall this afternoon and bring him here. I will be visiting you, probably Monday afternoon at your home, just a follow up visit to see how everything is going, and also talking with Fernando."

"Here is my card," Mary said, "if there are any problems, please don't hesitate to call me, and I will be in contact with you to check up, about once a week for the next month, and then after that, on a monthly basis. Social Services sends out the checks on the first of the month, so you will receive the first check right after the 1st of March."

"The money is not of the most importance," Anthony stated, "we just want to help this young man, and be there for him, like parents should be." Anthony's attitude made Mary smile, and she felt that she had made the right decision in approving them as foster parents. Mary then made a phone call.

"Juvie Hall, Captain Johnson speaking," the phone responded.

"Captain Johnson, Mary Stewart here, everything is a go, can I pick up Fernando in about an hour, and take him to his new foster parents?"

"Maybe, if you'll allow me to give him the good news."

"OK, this phone call serves as a confirmation, go have your fun, and I will see you within the hour, Thanks Captain." She hung up, grinning.

"Antonio, Maria, Captain Johnson wanted to be the one to give Fernando the news, and I told him he could, and that's the reason for my grin. I'd love to see Fernando's face when Johnson tells him. I should be returning with Fernando around 6:00 to 6:30 PM if that's OK."

"That's fine, Mary, I'll tell Jamie and Ruth, my servers tonight, and maybe they can find something for Fernando to do, to keep him occupied, until closing time," Anthony remarked, and Mary smiled.

"See you in a couple of hours," Mary said, and then walked out.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Captain Johnson headed back into the common area and spotted Fernando, sitting with Danny White, and walked over to them.

"Fernando," Captain Johnson stated, "I have some news for you, Mary Stewart has found you a foster home, and she will be picking you up within the hour, to take you to your foster parents."

The smile on Fernando's face could have lit the world! Simultaneously, with Fernando's smile, Danny's eyes became wet and tears started to roll down his face.

"White," Captain Johnson said, "I thought you two were friends, you should be happy for Fernando."

"Oh, I am, sir," Danny replied, "It's just that we've become very close friends, and I don't want to lose him, or his friendship."

"Danny," Fernando said, "would you like to stay in contact with me, after you get out of here?"

Danny, nodding emphatically, "I'd like that, very much, can you leave me your address, and maybe your phone number, so I can contact you?"

"I can't," Fernando lamented, "I have no idea what either of them will be yet, but if you give me yours, I will contact you, and I will write you, I promise."

Johnson, surmising the next step, tore a blank page from his memo book, and handed it to Danny, along with a pen. Danny wrote his name, address, and a phone number on the paper, and handed it to Fernando.

"Fernando," Danny said, "this is my parents address and phone number, but you can write me here for the next three weeks and let me know how things are going for you, in your foster home. We'll get together soon, on the outside." Danny smiled.

Both boys stood up and shared a tight hug. They really wanted to kiss each other goodbye, but thought better of it, as there were other boys in the area, and Danny is still protective of his orientation, especially here.

Captain Johnson took Fernando to his office, to wait for Mary to arrive.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Anthony had told Jamie that Mary Stewart, Fernando's case worker, was bringing Fernando to the pizzeria tonight and asked Jamie to try to keep Fernando occupied. Jamie decided to call Chuck and give him an update. Jamie made the call, and Chuck answered.

"Hi Jamie, what's up?"

"Great news, Chuck, everything has worked out, Anthony and Maria have been approved to be Fernando's foster parents, and his case worker is bringing Fernando here, tonight, at any time now, to meet his foster parents."

"That's great news, Jamie," Chuck replied, "Serena and I appreciate everything you have done for Fernando. Do you think that, if we decide on pizza for a Valentine's dinner, we could maybe get to spend a little time with Fernando?"

"I see no reason why you can't," Jamie answered, "We'll all be here until closing time, 9:00 PM, or after."

"I was planning to take Serena to a nice restaurant for dinner tonight, like maybe Red Lobster or Olive Garden, but I suddenly have an urge for some of Anthony's pizza. Look for us about 7:00 or so, later." They hung up.

* * * * * * * * * * *

About 5:30 PM Mary arrived at Juvie Hall and entered Captain Johnson's office. Fernando, seeing Mary, was on his feet instantly, obviously ready to leave Juvie Hall.

"Well young man," Mary asked, "are you ready to meet your foster family? I know they're ready to meet you, and I think you're going to like them too." Fernando nodded, smiling. Yep, he's ready.

"Captain Johnson," Fernando asked, "thank you for your hospitality, and please keep an eye on Danny for me, I don't want any of those thugs to hurt him!"

Johnson, giving Fernando a hug, "I'll do the best I can, he's a good kid that made a mistake, and I don't want to see him get hurt either. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope I never see you again, at least not in here, but we might meet on the street sometime." Fernando smiled.

Fernando, as Mary drove them toward the pizzeria, "Do these foster parents know—about me—that I like boys?"

"Yes, they know," Mary replied, "but they don't care, that's what made it hard to find a home for you, because some potential foster parents did have an issue with it. I think the Chevas family is—gay friendly, they requested to be foster parents specifically for you."

"Fernando, you have some friends, or at least one friend, that we don't know, but they tipped them off, about your situation. Maria and Antonio Chevas filed to become foster parents, but specifically for you."

"I haven't even met them yet," Fernando said, "but I think I love them already!" Mary smiled.

Mary parked in the lot in front of the pizzeria, and she and Fernando exited the car and walked toward the entrance.

"Are we stopping for pizza?" Fernando asked.

"No," Mary answered, smiling, "your foster parents run this place."

"Cool!" Fernando exclaimed. Mary opened the door and ushered Fernando inside. Jamie saw them enter and rushed to the door.

"Fernando!" Jamie exclaimed, giving Fernando a tight hug, and catching him completely off guard.

"You two have met?" Mary inquired.

"No," Jamie answered, "but I've seen his picture, and I knew he would be coming here today, Fernando, come meet your foster parents." Jamie took Fernando's hand and led him behind the counter where Anthony was topping a pizza.

"Anthony," Jamie announced excitedly, "Please welcome your foster son, Fernando Gomez!"

"Hold on a sec," Anthony said, "let me get this in the oven."

Anthony, wiping his hands on a towel, "Fernando, welcome to our family! MARIA!"

Anthony wrapped his arms around Fernando, giving him a loving hug and a kiss on his cheek. Maria came out from the kitchen.

"Baby," Anthony stated, "our foster son, Fernando Gomez, Fernando, your foster Mom, Maria Chevas."

"Sweetheart," Maria said, as she prepared to give Fernando a hug, "we've been looking forward to your arrival, and you're a most welcome addition to our family!" Maria lovingly hugged Fernando.

Fernando, with tears in his eyes, "You folks sure know how to make a guy feel welcome, you make me feel like I belong here, with you! What should I call you?"

"Well," Anthony said, "she's Maria, and I'm Anthony, unless you prefer something else."

"You're feeling so much like parents to me," Fernando replied, "is it OK if I just call you Mom and Dad?"

"I think we'd be honored," Anthony said, "if we can call you our Son. I think Jamie needs some help with these orders, it's Valentines Day, and we're starting to get busy."

"I can see that you guys are going to get along just fine," Mary said, "so let me get out of your hair, and my hubby is supposed to be taking me out for dinner tonight. Oh, Fernando, I'll pick you up at about 8:00 AM tomorrow morning and take you to your new school and get you registered, and your records transferred. Happy Valentines everyone."

"Mary," Maria remarked, smiling, "I think you gave us an awesome Valentines gift!" Mary left.

"Dad," Fernando asked, "I don't know anything about the business, but is there anything I can do to help you?"

"The servers probably could use some help," Anthony replied, "ask Jamie and Ruth what you can do to help them out, and I'm certain they can keep you busy. Thanks, Son."

During the next half an hour, Jamie had Fernando trained to bus tables and wipe them down, and to get drink refills for the patrons. Jamie also gave Fernando a nickname, when he started to call him 'Fernie'.

About 7:30 PM Chuck and Serena walked in and Fernando spotted his sister instantly.

"SERENA!" Fernando called out, and literally ran to her, throwing his arms around her, and she, of course, returned the hug to him. It was the first time, since before the incident at school had taken place, that they had seen each other.

"Serena, you need to meet my foster parents," Fernando said, leading Serena and Chuck to where Anthony was making pizzas.

"Dad," Fernie said, "I'd like you to meet my sister, Serena Gomez, and her boyfriend, Chuck." The three shook hands. "Is it okay if I take them back to the kitchen to meet Mom?" Anthony nodded, and Fernando led them back into the kitchen.

"Fernando!" Maria exclaimed, "we don't bring customers into the food prep area."

"Dad said I could," Fernando stated, "Mom, this is my sister, Serena Gomez, and her boyfriend, Chuck, Guys, this is my foster Mom, Maria Chevas." Again, the three shook hands.

"Why don't you men go back out front," Maria said, "I'd like to talk with Serena for a few minutes." Chuck and Fernando left the girls.

"Serena," Maria asked, "I'm not trying to be nosy but, how is your relationship with your parents?"

"Not too great," Serena said, "Papa was down on me, because I was dating an American boy, and things got worse when he realized I was covering up for Fernando. I'm sure you're aware of the way many Hispanics feel about homosexuality. Papa is very old school Argentine when it comes to that, and Mama takes Papa's opinion as law."

"Are you still living at home?"

"When I'm not staying with Chuck I am," Serena said, grinning.

"The reason I was asking," Maria stated, "the only clothes that Fernando has right now, is what he is wearing. I wondered if there was any possibility of sneaking some of his clothing out of the house without interference from his father."

Serena, grinning, "Maria, Chuck and I are a step ahead of you! When CPS had Fernando in Juvie Hall, still trying to find a foster home, we gathered up all his clothes and shoes, his boom box and his CD's. They're all in Chuck's car right now, we just need to transfer them to your car before we leave here tonight."

"That's pretty smart thinking on your part." Maria stated.

"Papa said that Fernando was no longer welcome there, and he was planning to discard all of Fernando's stuff in the trash." Then, grinning, "I wonder how he will feel, when he can't find it. The only thing we couldn't get was his bike, it was too big to fit in Chuck's car."

"Honey," Maria said, "You might want to go back out and spend some time with your brother. I hope you know you're always welcome here, or at our home, to see your brother. I know you care a lot for him."

"Thanks, Maria, with Mama and Papa being like they are, I'm really the only family that Fernando has, and I love my little brother so much."

"You're wrong, Serena, Fernando has already stolen our hearts, and we already consider him our family. I'm going to tell you something that is not for publicity. Antonio and I were never able to conceive, and that why we never had children."

"With Fernando in our care, we're going to learn to be parents, for the first time. He is a beautiful and precious young man, and he deserves to be allowed to grow up in his own skin, without fear. Please rest assured that your brother is in a loving home, and that we truly care about him."

"Thanks, Maria," Serena said, "I know now that I can go to sleep, knowing that my brother is in good hands. I guess I need to get back out front and spend some time with Fernando and Chuck." Maria nodded.

Serena returned to the table and resumed her seat next to Chuck. Fernando was all over the place, bussing tables, and getting patrons refills on drinks. Anthony called Fernando over.

"Son," Anthony said, "take a break and spend some time with your sister."

"But Dad," Fernando remarked, "there's work to be done."

"Jamie and Ruth can handle the guests, and you don't get to see your sister that often," Anthony stated, "I'm telling you to take a break!"

"Okay, Dad," Fernando said, reluctantly, "call me if you need me."

Fernando sat with Serena and Chuck, and Serena asked him what his new home was like, and his room.

"I don't know, yet," Fernando answered, "my case worker dropped me off here tonight, I guess I'll find out, after we close and go there. Mary, my caseworker, will be picking me up there, to take me to my new school tomorrow morning, and after that I'll be riding the school bus."

It was about 9:10 PM and the pizzeria was officially closed for the evening, all the guests were gone, except for Chuck and Serena. Jamie and Ruth came to their table and picked up the dirty dishes and glasses. Jamie laid two $10 bills in front of Fernando.

'What is this for?" Fernando asked, pointing at the money.

"That's your cut out of our tips," Jamie replied, "for helping Ruth and me take care of the customers and bussing the tables for us."

"I didn't do it for money," Fernando said, "I was just trying to help out."

"Look, Fernie," Jamie explained, "when someone helps out the servers, and give the customers good service, they tend to give bigger tips. It's normal practice for the servers to share the tips with the busboy. That $20 is your share, for the help you gave us, and you did very well Fernie. And Chuck, Anthony said that since you and Serena are part of the family, your meal is on the house."

Chuck, walking over to Anthony, "We didn't expect to eat for free, Anthony, thanks for dinner. Knowing that Fernando is in your care has sure taken a load off our minds."

"I'm sure it's going to be a challenge, to suddenly become parents to a teenage boy," Antonio replied, "but I think Maria and I are looking forward to the challenge. He is certainly a beautiful young man, and Maria and I are proud to have been approved to be his caretakers."

"Anthony, we didn't tell Fernando, but Serena gathered up his clothes and a some of his personal items, and it's all in my trunk. Can I transfer his stuff to your car, and then we'll get out of your hair."

"That was very thoughtful of you," Anthony said, smiling, and reaching into his pocket for his keys, "it's that dark blue Malibu in the parking lot out front," and handed the keys to Chuck.

"See you in about five minutes," Chuck said, walking out of the door.

Serena was keeping Fernando occupied, so it was still a secret to Fernando. Jamie and Ruth loaded the dishwasher, while Maria washed the larger pots and pans, and Anthony counted the money and filled out the deposit ticket.

DJ showed up at the same time that Chuck was ready to return the car keys to Anthony and tapped on the door. Anthony walked over and let them both inside.

"Chuck," DJ said, "It's good to see you, how is it going?"

"A lot better, thank you," Chuck replied, "did Jamie tell you?"

"About what" DJ asked.

"Anthony and Maria are fostering Fernando, as of tonight," Chuck said, pulling DJ toward the table, "and this is Fernando." Fernando stood up.

DJ was helpless, he took one look at Fernando, and was compelled to take him in his arms and squeeze the daylights out of him.

"Fernando, I'm DJ, and I'm so very happy for you," DJ said, "I don't think you could have ever found better foster parents than what Maria and Anthony will be. I guess, if you're living with them, I will see you often, I'm a frequent flier here." DJ smiled at Fernando.

Fernando, smiling back, "I'm happy to meet you, DJ, and I look forward to seeing you again soon."

Jamie, Ruth and Maria came out from the kitchen, the night's work done. Anthony clocked Ruth and Jamie out.

"Let's see," Anthony looked at the schedule, "Jamie has his long day at school tomorrow, so he is off, and Ruth, you're in at 5:00 to close tomorrow, and you'll be working with Lindsey, she is in at 4:00."

"Right," Ruth replied, "goodnight, see you tomorrow." She left.

"You ready to head home, baby?" DJ asked.

"You know I am," Jamie replied, "but wait a minute." Then, walking over to Fernando and putting his arm around his shoulders, "Great job, Fernie, Ruth and I appreciated your help, I expect I'll see you Friday, Good night everybody." Jamie and DJ walked out.

"We're out of here," Chuck said, "Serena and I both appreciate what you are doing for Fernando."

"We're happy to be Fernando's fosters," Anthony said, smiling, "and I think everything is going to be fine. Goodnight, you two."

Finally, about 9:30 PM, Maria, Fernando and Anthony walked out, Anthony locking the door. Fernando instinctively took a seat in the back, while Anthony drove. They stopped by the bank and Anthony dropped the deposit into the night depository. Then they headed toward Fernando's new home. Fernando is excited, but apprehensive too.

Maria unlocked the front door, holding it open for Fernando, whose feet seemed glued to the stoop. Anthony literally pushed Fernando inside. Maria headed to the kitchen to make some Mexican Hot Cocoa, with cinnamon, which was a regular habit for the Chevas family.

"Let me give you a tour, Son," Anthony said. "This, of course is the sitting room, and then here is the eat-in kitchen. That door leads to the back yard, and this door to the hallway. On the left is the full bathroom, and beyond that, is our master bedroom, which also has a bathroom with just a shower stall."

"Now," Anthony said, "on this side are the two spare bedrooms, both a bit smaller than the Master bedroom. One of these is yours, either the one across from our bedroom, or the one across from the bathroom, and it's your choice, we don't care which one you choose."

Both rooms had full sized beds, and both had a single window that faced the street, both had a 5-draw chest of draws, and equal sized closets, and both rooms had wall to wall carpeting. The only notable difference was a desk in one room. Fernando looked at both rooms at least four or five times.

"I don't know, Dad," Fernando said, "I kind of like the room across from the bathroom, but I also like the desk in the other room."

"You know, Son, that desk isn't nailed down, we can move it to the other room if you wish." Fernando nodded, and smiled.

Anthony and Fernando picked up the desk and carried it into Fernando's 'new room'. Maria hollered 'Come on Guys!' and they both headed to the kitchen to drink Hot Cocoa with Maria cookies. (for those unfamiliar, Maria cookies are a popular Mexican cookie, similar in flavor to vanilla wafers, and loved by toddlers)

After finishing the Cocoa, Anthony asked Fernando to help him bring some stuff from the trunk of the car that belonged in Fernando's room. A confused Fernando said he'd be glad to. He was almost in shock when he found out that it was his stuff, that Serena and Chuck salvaged from his Papa's house. He was especially happy to have his Boom Box and his CD's back.

Maria asked Fernando if he had some clean pajamas, and Fernando told her that he'd not worn PJ's since he was about 5 or 6 years old, and that he preferred to just sleep in his underwear. (Fernando fibbed a bit, he actually prefers to sleep in his birthday suit)

Anthony suggested that Fernando go to bed, as he would need to be up quite early in the morning because Mary Stewart would be picking him up at 8:00 AM. He and Maria wanted to make sure that Fernando had a decent breakfast before Mary took him to school.

Anthony informed Fernando that there was a clean wash cloth and bath towel on the rod in the bathroom, if he desired to take a shower. He also suggested that Fernando get clean clothes out that he planned to wear in the morning, and Fernando followed his suggestion immediately, laying out clean clothes on the desk, and then stripped down to his briefs.

Anthony sat on Fernando's bed, and turned on the bedside table lamp. He then drew Fernando into his arms and hugged him, lovingly.

"Goodnight, Son," Anthony said, "sleep tight and I'll wake you in the morning." He then leaned over and kissed Fernando on the forehead.

"Dad," Fernando spoke softly, "you and Mom make me feel so welcome, and wanted—and—loved."

"Son," Anthony replied, "you are all of those, welcome, wanted, and loved, Maria and I are very happy to have you living with us."

"I love you, Dad, and please tell Mom I love her too."

"Will do, Son, goodnight." Anthony turned out the ceiling light and closed the door behind him.

After Anthony left, Fernando threw back the covers, slid his briefs down and off, dropping them on the floor. He pulled the covers back up, turned out the lamp, and fell asleep within about five minutes, a tired and very happy boy.

Maria and Anthony went to bed shortly thereafter, and Anthony relayed Fernando's message to Maria.

"Sweetheart," Maria responded, "he is such a sweet, innocent and loveable young man, how could anyone not love him. I fail to comprehend how his father could have done him that way! I'm glad we were around to salvage him, he could have become a statistic."

"Honey," Anthony queried, "would you think I've lost my mind, if I said I'd like to have Fernando as a permanent Son?"

"Do you mean, like, adoption?" Maria asked, "I think we should let things rest as is for now, and just be foster parents, but maybe down the line. We need to get some sleep, goodnight baby."

Anthony, holding Maria close, "Good night sweetheart, I love you."

(to be continued...)

 

I hope you're enjoying reading this story as much as I enjoy writing it. Just a reminder, I LOVE COMMENTS! We still have a long way to go.
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a touching moment when Fernando meets Anthony and Maria! They are lucky to have found each other! Like the other comments, I hope we will see more of Danny. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well Ive decided Marie is definitely a keeper and Im so happy for Matt, Marie will be soo good for him, loving and supportive.

Great outcome for Fernando, Anthony and Maria will make great parents and Im sure the rest of our friends will play a big part in looking out for Fernie and making him feel welcomed and loved. And yep, also hoping Danny becomes a regular addition to our growing collection of wonderful people.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..