Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 10,577 Words
  • 1,312 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 42. Chapter 42

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father has kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) have placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple.

In Chapter 42, DJ decides to "reach out" to his biological Mama. Damion and Brandon start their journey eastward on May 19th, and we’ll have another gay wedding on May 20th, as Randy and Daryl tie the knot. Joe receives a nasty phone call from his homophobic bitch sister, Julia. Likely the most exciting thing will be Rusty and Jamal’s Memorial Day Clothing Optional Pool Party and Cookout.

* * * * *

DJ Chapter 42 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

Tuesday morning, May 8th, DJ arose, awakened by his alarm at 8:30 as he was scheduled to open with Gloria at 10:00. There was no reason to wake Jamie up, as Jamie isn’t scheduled until 3:00 PM. He and Jamie are both scheduled off at 9:00 PM that night, and would be going to the Seldon home to sleep, as they have classes Wednesday morning at 9:00 AM.

About 10:30 PM on Tuesday night, Jamie and DJ crawled into bed.

"Baby," DJ stated with a tone of extreme seriousness in his voice, "I don’t know what I should do!"

"About what, DJ," Jamie asked, "Baby, what’s wrong?"

"When Rodney was here Sunday on night, before you got home," DJ stated, "he dropped a huge bomb on me. He shattered what I always had known about who I am! Or at least who I thought I was."

"Oh, gawd, baby!" Jamie exclaimed, "What did he tell you?"

"That John Jackson," DJ explained, "who Mama always called ‘JJ’, the man who I thought was my father, was not my father! Camille and Rodney are only my half siblings."

"Wow baby," Jamie said, "That’s quite a shocker! So who is your real biological father?"

"I have no f-ing idea," DJ replied, "The only person that can tell me is Mama. Jamie, I need to find out who the hell I really am!"

"It doesn’t really matter baby," Jamie replied, "you’re Douglas Joseph Kendall, and you’re the love of my life! Baby, whatever happens, and whatever you find out, please know that I am by your side, all the way! I will never let you flounder by yourself!"

"Thanks, baby," DJ replied, "I love you, and I fully intend to love you for the rest of our lives! I can’t even imagine loving another boy, the way I love you. Mama made me promise to come and see her, do you think I should try to see her?"

"Baby, you’re not one to break promises," Jamie said, "that’s just not you. By all means, you need to keep that promise to your Mama. Maybe a little later, you can introduce me to her."

"I would be proud to introduce my boyfriend to my Mama," DJ replied, "but I think my first visit with her should be alone, and maybe I can come out to her first. She doesn’t know that I’m gay."

"Baby, you need to call her, ASAP, and start to heal the wounds," Jamie suggested, "maybe tomorrow after classes, you could pay her a visit. What is your work schedule?"

"I don’t go in until 5:00 PM, and I’m closing at 9:00." DJ answered.

"That gives you at least two or three hours to spend with your Mama between classes and work," Jamie said. "Baby, you know you need to take that first step. Maybe you can call her while we drive to campus in the morning. Sleep on it tonight, goodnight, baby." The two boys shared a passionate hug and kiss, and fell asleep in each other’s arms.

* * * * *

Wednesday morning, the 9th of May started out like any normal Wednesday. Karen cooked up breakfast for Jamie and DJ and they headed for campus about 8:20 for their 9:00 AM class.

Jamie, about ten minutes after they left, "DJ, You’ve got a phone call to make."

"I’m apprehensive, baby," DJ said, "maybe I’ll wait a few days."

"Do it now, baby," Jamie said, "before you lose your balls!"

DJ, feeling his crotch and grinning, "They’re still there, Baby why are you pushing me to call my Mama?"

"Because I think it’s the right thing to do," Jamie replied, "and you made her a promise."

"Okay," DJ said, pulling out his phone, "here goes." DJ found ‘Mama’ in his contacts, and made the call. A lady answered, not recognizing the number, as DJ had never shared it with her.

"Mama," DJ said, "it’s DJ."

"Oh, Baby!" Mama exclaimed, "It’s so good to hear your voice! When are you coming to see me?"

"We’re on our way to campus right now, for our 9:00 AM class. Our last class lets out at 11:00," DJ said, "and I have to be at work at 5:00. I thought maybe, if you’re not busy, I might slip out to see you for a couple of hours after lunch."

"I’m never too busy to see my son," Mama said, "I’ve got bean soup cooking, and ham to make sandwiches. Come and have lunch with me, please? I promise no Chef Boy-ar-dee. I do actual cooking now. I need to see you so bad, please have lunch with me?"

"You’ve twisted my arm, Mama," DJ said, "when we get out of class, we’ll be going back to Jamie’s house so I can get my work outfit. Then I’ll head to your house for lunch, but I’ll need to leave a little after 4:00 for work. Can you give me your address, so I can put it in the GPS on my phone?"

"Sure Baby," Mama gave DJ the address, "what time do you think you’ll be here?"

"Probably about 12:15, maybe 12:30," DJ said, "I’ll see you then."

"I’ve missed you so much, baby," Mama said, "I’ll be so happy to see you again. Bye for now." DJ and Mama both hung up.

"See, it wasn’t so hard, was it, Baby," Jamie remarked.

"I guess not," DJ said, "I can’t believe how excited she sounded to see me."

"I can," Jamie replied, "I’m sure if my Mom hadn’t seen me for over two years, she’d probably be so excited she’d pee her pants!" DJ couldn’t help grinning at Jamie’s comment.

After their classes let out at 11:00 DJ and Jamie headed to the Seldon home in Jamie’s car. Jamie made a quick call to Karen just before they left campus, letting her know that only he would be coming home for lunch today, and he would explain to her later.

Arriving at the Seldon home, DJ ran into the house, grabbed his Southside polo, kissed his baby goodbye, gave Karen a hug and jumped into the Tracker to head to his Mama’s house for lunch.

* * * * *

Following the GPS, DJ found himself in an upscale neighborhood, and drove to the address Mama had given him. All of the homes looked to have been built within the last ten or twelve years. The home at his Mama’s address was beautiful, and DJ could have never pictured his Mama living in a home like this! Wondering if he had the right house, DJ walked gingerly to the front door and rang the doorbell.

The door swung open, and Mama pulled DJ inside, smothering him with kisses, hugs and—tears! DJ couldn’t remember ever seeing his Mama dressed so nicely, and had a nice perm.

"Baby, let me look at you!" Mama said, standing back, "I can’t believe how you’ve grown into such a handsome young man. I hope you’re hungry, I made a big pot of bean soup, I know that Rodney and Camille will be hungry for a snack when they get home from school," Mama said. "DJ, you wouldn’t believe how wonderful it feels, just to hold my first-born boy in my arms!"

"Do you wanna bet?" DJ responded, "I never realized how much my biological family meant to me, until Rodney found me on Sunday. He sure has sprouted up! Did you know that he was looking for me?"

"He never told me, Son," Mama stated. "He was making a lot of trips to Southside Drugs, and I figured there was maybe a girl he was chasing, but he’s only thirteen. Maybe a bit young for that?"

DJ, grinning, "He was chasing all right, but not a girl!"

"Let’s eat, DJ," Mama said, "I think we have a lot of ground to cover." Mama pulled DJ to the kitchen, quickly made some ham sandwiches, and ladled two bowls of bean soup.

DJ, giving the soup a taste, "Great soup, Mama, I know this didn’t come from no can!"

"I told you, baby," Mama stated, "now that I no longer have to work, I’ve learned to cook real, nourishing food for my family."

"You’ve got a really nice home here, Mama," DJ said, "I know you can’t afford this house on the welfare dime!"

"DJ," Mama explained, "after JJ was murdered, I met Ramous. We started dating, and became romantically attached. Ramous insisted that the project was no place for a decent family to live, and he insisted that we move into his home. You know, DJ, it takes a man with a huge heart to take on the responsibility of a woman with two kids, and Ramous has that kind of heart."

"Are you—married?" DJ asked.

"No," Mama replied, "not yet but"—Mama held out her left hand in front of DJ, showing him the biggest, most beautiful diamond ring he’d ever seen—"we’re engaged."

"That’s great, Mama," DJ stated, smiling, "When’s the big day?"

"We haven’t decided yet, but there’s more. Ramous is a wonderful man," Mama said, "and after we get married, he want’s to adopt Camille and Rodney as his own daughter and son. Ramous loves them both, unconditionally, and they both think the world of him. Speaking of adoption," Mama said, "Rodney told me that you’ve been adopted, is that true?"

"Yeah, Mama, it’s true." DJ explained, "you see, when I left the projects, when I learned Papa was getting out, Officer Joe took me to live with Doug Kendall. Doug made me feel loved, wanted and secure, like I’d never known before, and I grew to love Doug, like a father, and he loved me like a son. He filed papers to adopt me as his legal Son, and we went to court, in October, about a month before my 20th Birthday."

"Mama, that day in court was the happiest day of my life! That judge said that Doug Kendall was now my legal father, and I was now his legal son and my name was changed from Dewain Jovan Jackson to Douglas Joseph Kendall. I chose my first and middle names, keeping the first letters of D and J, so my nick is still DJ."

"Mama," DJ said, "I’m trying to find out who I really am, and I think you’re the only one that can tell me the truth. Sunday night, when Rodney slept over with me, he dropped a bomb on me. He told me that Papa was not my real father, and that I was only a half brother to Camille and him. Please, I need to know the truth."

"OK, Son," Mama said, taking DJ’s hand in hers, and with tears in her eyes, "I’ll tell you what happened. I was dating a man named, William, William Bell, and he got me pregnant."

"When I was about three months pregnant with you, I told William that we were going to have a baby. William disappeared, flew the coop. Where he worked told me that he quit suddenly, and told them that he was moving to the West Coast. I never saw or heard from William again, to this very day. Even the authorities couldn’t find him, to get him for child support."

"After William, I started dating JJ. Of course I told JJ that I was pregnant, and he tried to get me to have an abortion, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. JJ and I got married, about three months before you were born. JJ signed your birth certificate, even knowing that you were not his son, just so you wouldn’t be a bastard child. And that’s how you became a Jackson."

"So Rodney was right," DJ said, "Papa wasn’t my real father, William Bell is. Thanks, Mama, for telling me, now I know." DJ grabbed a napkin, blotted his Mama’s tears, and kissed her on the cheek. "I love you Mama."

* * * * *

About 3:30 PM the high school and middle school busses arrived at the bus stop, one behind the other. Camille stepped off the high school bus (she is now a junior) and Rodney off the middle school bus. They turned the corner, heading toward their home, and Rodney spotted DJ’s Tracker in their driveway.

"C’mon sis, hurry, DJ’s here!" Rodney exclaimed.

"How do you know?" Camille asked.

"I know that Tracker in our drive—it’s DJ’s," Rodney stated. Both of them walked faster toward their home. They burst through the front door, and dropped their backpacks on the floor.

"Bro!" Camille exclaimed, running toward DJ in the kitchen and giving DJ a kiss on his cheek. DJ stood, and he and Camille shared a loving hug, followed by a hug from Rodney.

"Sis," DJ stated, standing back and viewing Camille, "You’ve sure developed into one beautiful young lady! I’ll bet you’ve got all kinds of boys chasing you."

Camille, her face a bit pink, "A few, I just haven’t decided which one I want to catch me!" Camille grinned.

Rodney, looking around, "DJ, where’s Jamie?"

"He’s spending some time at home with his Mom," DJ replied, "while I’m spending time with mine."

"Who’s Jamie?" Mama asked.

"DJ’s boyfriend!" Rodney blurted, before DJ could answer, "Jamie’s cool, and I like him, a lot."

"So, DJ," Mama asked, "you have a boyfriend!"

"Jamie is my best friend, Mama," DJ tried to cover, "we’ve been close friends for over a year."

"That’s bullshit!" Rodney exclaimed, grinning, "Mama, DJ and Jamie are in love with each other. Even best friends don’t kiss each other on the lips, but they do! I told you, DJ, I don’t care if you’re gay, I still love you, Bro."

"Sweetheart," Mama said, "when were you going to enlighten me, and maybe introduce me to your boyfriend?"

"I wanted to, Mama, but I wasn’t quite ready," DJ said, "Thanks, Big Mouth Bro, you just outted me!" Rodney was grinning.

"DJ, can you hang around till 6:00 when Ramous will get home, I’d really like you to meet him," Mama said.

"I can’t, Mama," DJ answered, "I need to leave by 4:30 because I have to be to work at 5:00, maybe some other time."

"Is there a night that you and Jamie could both come for dinner, and you could both meet Ramous? Baby, Ramous isn’t a homophobe like JJ was, and I think you’ll like him, and I want to meet your Jamie!"

"The only night we’re both off work is Monday’s." DJ replied.

"OK, fine," Mama said, "let’s plan on you and Jamie coming to dinner next Monday evening, will 6:00 PM work for you guys? You can come earlier, and spend some time with me, and with Camille and Rodney. Ramous won’t be home from work until about 6:00."

"Thanks, Mama," DJ said, grinning, "I might have to bribe Jamie, to get him out here, maybe I’ll offer him a special bedtime treat!"

"DJ," Camille said, "please don’t be a stranger, Rodney and I have both missed you a lot, and we do love you!"

"I love you and Rodney a lot too, sweetheart," DJ said, giving Camille another kiss on her cheek, and a hug.

"Bro," Rodney stated, "I hope I can sleep over again soon with you and Jamie."

DJ, smiling, "We’ll work on it, Bro. You know Rodney, you really need to consider a haircut. Jamie and I might get all tangled up in all those dreds!" Rodney grinned. "I really need to take off, Randy gets a little annoyed when his people show up late for work. Mama, I’m looking forward to dinner next Monday evening with your family."

"DJ," Mama said, "we may not have been close for the last two years, but you’re still a part of our family. Thanks for your visit today. I really enjoyed the time we spent together, and I look forward to seeing you and Jamie on Monday. Can you give your Mama a kiss before you leave?"

"You got it Mama," DJ said, holding her close, and kissing her tenderly, on her lips. He couldn’t remember the last time being this close to his Mama felt so good. He then gave Camille and Rodney both warm hugs, and walked out to the Tracker to drive to work.

While driving to work, DJ was thankful that Jamie had pushed him into making that phone call this morning. He is now re-united with his biological family, and love never felt better!

* * * * *

When DJ went to clock in, his eyes fell on the Wedding Invitation that was posted by the Main computer, where everyone clocks in. Until DJ saw the invitation, he’d nearly forgotten about Randy and Daryl’s Wedding to be held on Sunday, the 20th of May.

The invitation stated that the Ceremony was to take place at 1:00 PM, with Pastor Evelyn White officiating, followed by a reception, both in the back yard of Randy and Daryl’s home, address printed. Rain location would be at Anthony’s Pizzeria. A note was next to the invitation, stating that Justin Wade, the former GM, was kind enough to bring a clerk from the city, and would ‘hold down the fort’ from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM to allow any employees to attend the wedding and reception if they so desired.

"Randy," DJ asked, "who is standing up with you and Daryl?"

"Two of our closest friends from the city," Randy replied, "that we’ve known for years, will be our best men. The Ring Bearer will be my sister’s boy, my nephew, Isaac. He’s a really sweet young man, twelve years old. God I love that kid!"

"Are you and Daryl going on a honeymoon?" DJ asked.

"We sure are, DJ," Randy explained, smiling, "After the reception we’re heading to Atlanta and spending a day there, then on to Gay Key West for a few days."

"Gay Key West?" DJ questioned.

"DJ," Randy replied, "Next to Gay Francisco, Key West Florida is probably the gayest place in the USA. Some of the hotels there are exclusively gay oriented, and they’re right on the beach. We’ll only have one honeymoon, and we’re going to make the best of it!"

"DJ," Randy stated, placing his hands on DJ’s shoulders, and looking directly into his eyes, "I’m really going to lean heavily on you while I’m gone. Gloria will be acting manager, and she’s going to need you to back her up. With the exception of store management, you’re likely the most valuable employee in this store. The only thing that you can’t do is to fill prescriptions, and you’re working on that."

"Thanks, Randy." DJ replied, "I’ll try really hard not to let you and Gloria down."

"You won’t, DJ," Randy said, "I have utmost confidence in you. I messed up the schedule. Your Dad is off today and I should have brought you in at 3:00 instead of 5:00. You’re pretty fast though, I think you’ll still get all the deliveries made before closing time."

DJ, picking up the deliveries, "I guess I’d better hit the road."

* * * * *

Wednesday afternoon Jamie spent with his Mom, as he was scheduled off today, from the pizzeria. Jamie told Karen that DJ was paying a visit this afternoon to his Mama. Karen was well aware of the bad blood between DJ and his biological family, and also aware that Rodney had found DJ, and the three boys had spent Sunday night together. Karen felt that DJ reaching out to his Mama was a step in the right direction. Both Karen and Jamie were concerned and wondering how the visit went.

About 9:30, while Karen and Jamie sat at the table waiting for DJ, they heard the Tracker pull in, and park.

Jamie jumped up, as DJ walked in, "Hi Beautiful!" and wrapped his arms around DJ, the two boys sharing a passionate kiss and embrace. "You lucked out, baby, Mom made a fresh batch of cookies today."

DJ, grinning, "They won’t last long, not with me around. My alias is ‘The Cookie Monster.’" DJ quickly plunged his hand into the cookie jar, grabbing a couple. Karen grinned.

Karen, getting a jug of milk from the refrigerator, "How about some milk to wash them down?" She poured three glasses of milk, and the three of them sat down to enjoy.

"Honey," Karen asked, "how did your visit today go?"

"Quite well," DJ replied, "actually a lot better than I though it would go. Baby, I got some questions answered. Rodney was right, John Jackson wasn’t my real father. A man by the name of William Bell was my father. When he found out that Mama was pregnant with me, he—flew—the—coop! Mama married JJ, and they gave me his last name, Jackson."

Karen, her eyes leaking tears, "Sweetheart, you may have fallen in the poop pile, but you came out smelling like a rose. You’ve got two Dad’s that couldn’t love you more, and Carl and I love you like our own son."

"Mama loves me too," DJ stated, "You see, JJ didn’t want me to be born, because he wasn’t my father, and he wanted Mama to have me aborted. Mama loved me enough to carry me through, and let me live. After JJ was put in prison, Mama had it pretty rough, trying to raise three children in the projects on Wal-Mart wages."

"JJ made my life hell, and when I learned that he was getting released, and coming home," DJ continued, "that’s when I knew I needed to leave. Dad and Joe rescued me, and gave me love, and caring, like I’d never known before. Unlike JJ, they made me feel wanted. JJ had nothing but hatred for me."

"Then I met Jamie, and we fell in love. It’s been uphill ever since." I would have never dreamed that I would be living the happy life that I am living today. I pretty much forgot about my former family, and haven’t had any contact with them after Joe helped me move out of the projects, and in with Dad, over two years ago."

"Then Sunday, all hell broke loose—Rodney found me!"

Jamie, grinning, "Mom, DJ’s little brother, Rodney, is a thief! I can hardly believe that spending just one night with Rodney, that young man stole a chunk of my heart. He looks like a typical young hood rat, with those dreadlocks, but he’s really a very sweet young man." Karen and DJ both smiled.

"Sunday, after Rodney found me," DJ continued, "he said he wanted to sleep with me, like we used to sleep together back in the projects. I said that he could, and he called Mama, she wanted to talk with me, and I verified that Rodney was, indeed, spending the night with me, at our home. She made me promise to come and see her, which I did today. We all three slept together Sunday night." Now, tearing up, "Mom, it felt wonderful, sleeping with my little brother in my arms! First time in over two years."

"DJ," Karen said, "I can tell you still have a lot of love for your brother, and he evidently has love for you, or he wouldn’t have tried to find you."

"Mom," Jamie said, "the next time we overnight with Rodney, I’d like us to sleep here, and then you and Dad can meet him. I think you’ll like him."

"I think you boys know that we will welcome him in our home," Karen replied, "and I’m looking forward to meeting him."

"OH! BIG NEWS!" Jamie exclaimed. "Damion and Brandon are moving here! Brandon is going to be transferring to CC here, and Damion doesn’t have employment, yet. They asked me to ask you if you and Dad could maybe let them stay here for a while, until they get on their feet."

"That’s wonderful news!" Karen remarked, "They’re wonderful young men. Jamie, did you have any doubts, as to whether they would be welcome here? We thoroughly enjoyed having them here when they were here for Aggie’s funeral. I suppose that they’ll prefer separate bedrooms, and now that Phil and Bryan have their own apartment, that freed up a bedroom. Do you know when they’re coming?"

"They’re planning to leave Frisco on the 19th, so probably around the 23rd or 24th," DJ answered. "Jamie and I can’t wait to see them, and neither can the Dad’s." Karen smiled, she can hardly wait to tell Carl, when he gets home tonight, that the boys are moving here. She and Carl also both have a lot of love for Damion and Brandon.

"Baby," DJ stated, "Mama is expecting us for dinner Monday evening, and we can meet her fiancé, Ramous. You’ll be able to meet Mama, and my sister, Camille. Wow, Camille has really grown into a beautiful young lady!" Then, grinning, "If she wasn’t my sister, and I wasn’t so gay, I’d be wanting to date her."

"I don’t know, DJ," Jamie commented, concerned, "Does she know—about—us?"

 

DJ, grinning, "She does now, thanks to big mouth Rodney, he outted us. He came right out and told her that we were in love with each other, and now she wants to meet my boyfriend! What really surprised me was that she didn’t even seem at all surprised that I had a boyfriend. She also told me that Ramous isn’t a homophobe, like JJ was. I’m kinda looking forward to meeting him."

"I hope it works out well, baby," Jamie said, "As I told you, whatever happens, I’m by your side—all the way!"

Thursday morning the boys went to campus for their computer lab and their volleyball session that afternoon. The rest of the week and the weekend offered nothing aside from the ordinary.

Sunday morning during breakfast, DJ and Jamie shared their plans to have dinner Monday evening with DJ’s Mama, and his biological family, with the Dad’s.

"Dad," DJ asked, "Is it OK if I borrow the Wedding Album, so I can show my other family the photo’s of the wedding, and pictures of my Dad’s?"

"Of course you can, Son," I answered, "If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t even have those pictures. I hope you remember to bring them back." DJ smiled. When he and Jamie left for work on Sunday, DJ stashed the album in the Tracker.

After work on Sunday, DJ and Jamie headed to the Seldon home for the night, as usual. They have classes on Monday morning, and plans to have dinner with DJ’s Mama on Monday evening.

* * * * *

Monday afternoon, the 14th of May, after returning from classes and having lunch (dinner) with Karen and Carl, DJ and Jamie settled at the kitchen table and tackled their homework. About 4:00 PM they dressed in clean casual clothes, and prepared to go to DJ’s Mama’s house for dinner.

DJ remembered how to get there without the GPS, and they pulled into Darra’s drive about 4:45 PM. They were barely out of the Tracker when Rodney bounced out of the house, giving both DJ and Jamie warm hugs. Rodney then led both boys through the front door, and into the house.

"Mama! They’re here!" Rodney exclaimed, excitedly, as Darra and Camille entered the room, Darra with a surprised look on her face. She hadn’t expected Jamie to be a blue-eyed, blonde haired white boy.

"You must be Jamie!" Darra exclaimed, giving Jamie a hug, "I’m very happy to finally meet you."

"And you must be the lovely Camille, that DJ has told me about," Jamie stated, giving Camille a hug.

"Jamie looks a little different—than I expected," Darra stated.

"What, Mama?" DJ said, "That Jamie is—white? I guess that maybe cupid is colorblind! I can’t help it, that I fell in love with a white boy!" DJ pulled Jamie close.

"I think I can relate Mrs. Jackson," Jamie said, "my Mom and Dad were a bit surprised too, when they first met DJ, but today they love him like he was their own son."

"Jamie," Darra said, "you can call me ‘Darra.’"

"That’s too disrespectful," Jamie replied, "Suppose I just call you ‘Mama’"

"That’ll be fine," Darra said, "I don’t mind gaining another son, as long as I don’t have to go through another pregnancy! Why don’t you young’uns get to know each other, and as soon as Ramous gets home we can have dinner."

"Mama," Jamie stated, smiling, "the aroma coming from your kitchen is making me hungry!"

"I’m gradually learning to cook real food, Jamie," Darra said, "I hope you like beef ribs, and scalloped potatoes. You guys are guinea pigs tonight, it’s my first time to make scalloped potatoes."

"Baby," DJ said, "I told you Mama was now cooking real food!"

"If it taste’s half as good as it smells," Jamie replied, "I know it will be a great dinner." The boys and Camille drifted into the living room, and all four sat together on the sofa, and chatted. Rodney managed to sit next to Jamie, and Camille squeezed between DJ and Jamie. Both kids seemed to love being close to both of the older boys, and both DJ and Jamie had arms around the younger ones shoulders. The closeness of DJ’s siblings felt good to both DJ and Jamie.

At just about 6:00 PM Ramous walked in the back door, dropped his lunch cooler on the floor and gave Darra a loving kiss and hug. Darra led Ramous into the living room.

"Ramous," Darra stated, "This is my eldest son, DJ, and his boyfriend, Jamie Seldon. Guys, this is my fiancé, Ramous Andrews." Both boys arose to their feet, prepared to shake hands with Ramous, and Ramous took both Jamie and DJ into his arms, giving them a group hug.

"It’s my pleasure to meet you boys," Ramous stated, "So I guess you boys are a loving couple?"

DJ, looking down, "Yes sir, we’ve been together for over a year."

"You know," Ramous said, "you guys are past the point of infatuation, if you’ve managed to love each other for that long.

Just so you know, I respect your relationship, and I don’t have a homophobic bone in my body. You boys are welcome in our home anytime! My nose tells me dinner is about ready, and I’m starved, let’s grab some seats at the table. Camille, Rodney, dinner is ready!"

DJ and Jamie sat on one side of the table, Camille and Rodney on the other side, and Ramous and Darra took the ends. In the center of the dining room table was a big platter of baked barbecued beef ribs, and a casserole of scalloped potatoes, and close by, a bowl of coleslaw.

Everybody enjoyed the dinner. The ribs were tender and juicy, the scalloped potatoes were tasty and the coleslaw was definitely not from a store deli.

"Great meal, Sweetheart!" Ramous exclaimed.

"Thanks, Hunn," Darra stated, "I hope everyone has room for some dessert." Darra pulled out six dishes of banana pudding from the refrigerator, and topped them with Reddi-whip.

"Thanks, Mama," Rodney stated, "My favorite dessert!" After dinner, Camille picked up the dishes and carried them out to the kitchen.

"DJ," Ramous commented, "your Mama told me you live with two Dad’s?"

"Well," DJ explained, "My Dad and my step-dad. I have the Wedding photo’s in the Tracker, would you like to see them?"

"We’d love to," Ramous replied. DJ went to the Tracker and retrieved the Wedding album, and brought it into the house, and everyone sat around the dining table, looking over the photos. DJ didn’t realize that a photo of him, on adoption day, was in the back of the album, until Mama discovered it.

"Oh my golly!" Darra exclaimed, "DJ, you’re so handsome, when was this taken?"

DJ, tears escaping his eyes, "On the happiest day of my life, the day we went to court, and Doug became my legal father, and I became Douglas Joseph Kendall! It was just a few days before my twentieth birthday, another very happy day for me."

"I’ve never attended a gay wedding," Ramous stated, "but if you two continue on the road you’re travelling, maybe it’ll be the first! Have you considered marriage?"

"Yeah," Jamie stated, "but not until we’re done with our education, and got our feet firmly on the ground."

"Who is the old lady with your Dad’s in the wedding pictures?" Ramous asked, opening a new can of worms.

For the next hour, DJ and Jamie explained about Granny, and how both boys had become so totally attached to her. They explained how she’d had an attack, and was in the hospital. When Jamie told how he and DJ were by her side when she expired, DJ broke down, sobbing, like it had just happened today. Jamie quickly had his arms around DJ, trying to comfort him.

Ramous, sliding his chair next to DJ and holding DJ’s head on his shoulder, "Oh, DJ, I can’t even imagine the trauma that put you through, I’m so sorry you had to suffer like that!" The attention that Ramous was giving to DJ caught Jamie off guard. Mama was right, Ramous has a big heart, and a tender one. Jamie was overcome with a newfound love, and respect for Ramous.

About 8:30 PM. DJ and Jamie, knowing that DJ has his long shift tomorrow, got ready to leave. They both thanked Darra for a very tasty and delicious dinner.

"Guys," Ramous said, giving the boys another loving group hug, "I’m very pleased to have met you both. If you have the chance to stay overnight, we do have a spare bedroom, with DJ’s and Jamie’s names on the pillows. Please consider our home to be a second home for you, and don’t be strangers to this home!"

Rodney is hoping that, if the boys ever do sleep over, he can sneak into their bed and sleep with them. Rodney just feels warm, secure and loved when he sleeps with his big brother, and Jamie. Truth is, DJ does have lots of love for his little brother, and Rodney has also quickly found a home in Jamie’s heart.

"Jamie," DJ stated, while they drove home to DJ’s from his Mama’s home, "I’m really glad you pushed me into making that call to Mama. I have my Mama back, and my siblings back, and I think Mama has a winner for a fiancé, I really like Ramous a lot and I’ll be happy to see them get married"

"My first impression tells me I like Ramous," Jamie replied, "and I think he will make Camille and Rodney a wonderful step-dad. I can tell he has a lot of love in his heart, both for your Mama and your siblings—and even you. He didn’t show an inkling of negative attitude toward our sexuality or our relationship."

"Speaking of marriage, Jamie, I hope you can get off from work this Sunday afternoon, the 20th, so you can go with me to watch Randy and Daryl get married. The wedding is at 1:00 PM and followed by the reception. The ceremony and reception are both in their back yard. In case of rain, it’ll take place at Anthony’s."

"Thanks for the heads up, Baby," Jamie replied, "When I go in to work tomorrow, I’ll tell Antonio that I need Sunday afternoon off for the Wedding! I sure wouldn’t want to miss that. Is Randy closing the store for the Wedding?"

"No, Justin is bringing one of his clerks from the city, and they are keeping the store running, during the wedding. While Randy and Daryl are on their honeymoon, Gloria is acting manager, and I’ll probably be getting some extra hours."

The boys stayed up later than normal on Monday night, excited to tell Joe and me about their dinner and evening with DJ’s family. They were both positively impressed with Ramous Andrews, Darra’s fiancé. Joe and I are pleased that DJ has finally made contact with his family, and things seem to be working out well. Perhaps DJ’s family will become part of our extended family.

Tuesday morning DJ opened with Gloria as usual. Gloria told DJ that next weeks schedule would be really different. He will need to work on Monday, which is normally his day off, and would be closing EVERY NIGHT with Gloria, while Randy is gone. Lois will be opening every morning with either Cindy or Gwen. Most everyone will be scheduled some extra hours next week.

The rest of the week was quite normal, and this is Randy’s last week as a single man. Randy was really happy. He told DJ that his parents, and his sister and her husband and son, Isaac were arriving Saturday, and that he and Daryl were having a special dinner together with Randy’s family at the Hometown Café on Saturday night. It was unfortunate that Daryl’s family would not be attending the wedding.

* * * * *

Saturday the 19th finally arrived. Today is the day Damion and Brandon are to start their trip eastward! It’s also the day that Randy’s family are due to arrive in Smalltown for Randy and Daryl’s wedding on Sunday. Randy opened on Saturday morning, and DJ is scheduled to close with Gloria Saturday night, as Randy will be with his groom, and his family, at the Hometown Café.

Nobody in our household got up very early Saturday morning, and we all enjoyed a naked brunch about 11:30 AM. Just before noon, DJ received a text from Brandon, stating that they had just left Frisco and were on their way East. He mentioned that ‘the parents didn’t take their ‘goodbye’ well at all—Oh, well, we gotta do what we gotta do. See you all in a few days’.

"I thought they might try to get an early start today," DJ said.

"I think they did," Joe said, "with the time difference, it’s just before 9:00 AM, California time, right now. I hope their trip goes well, and I can’t wait to see them!"

"That makes a few of us," DJ responded, "Jamie and I will welcome them with open arms. We love those boys, even if they are straight!" That caused a few chuckles. Joe’s phone rang.

Joe, looking at the screen, "Shit! It’s Julia!" Then, in his warmest voice, "Good morning, how are you this fine day?"

"Fine day in hell!" Julia exclaimed, angrily, "What did you do to bribe our boys to move to North Carolina?"

"Easy, Julia," Joe stated, "We said or did nothing to encourage or discourage them, their decision to move here was strictly theirs. I will admit that Doug and I will be very happy to have our nephews living close to us, and we have nothing but love for Damion and Brandon."

"You’ll probably try to make them gay perverts, like you and Doug! And they are not Doug’s nephews," Julia said.

"I have to correct you, Julia," Joe said, "When Doug and I married, Doug became their uncle, by marriage. And as for making them gay, that can’t happen. Nobody’s sexuality is going to change, we are either born straight or born gay, and that will never change."

"We told Brandon not to expect any financial help from us for school, if he’s not attending school here. When they decide to come back to California, I hope you have the decency to help them out, financially. By the way, how is Mom’s settlement going? Richard and I are looking forward to my half of the estate so we can pay off our mortgage."

"I wouldn’t hold my breath, Julia." Joe replied, "Mom didn’t leave much for you and me, but she has set things up very well for her grandsons, all three of them."

"Three!" Julia exclaimed, "She only had two grandsons!"

"Damion, Brandon and DJ," Joe said, "I count three! She has set up educational trust funds for them, enough to put them all through four-year colleges. In addition, she has set them all up with interest bearing trust funds that they can’t even touch until they are twenty-five years old. The educational fund will cover the rest of Brandon’s school expenses, without your help. Mom really looked out for her grandsons."

"How can you consider DJ a grandson?" Julia asked, "He’s not even a blood relative!"

"DJ is Doug’s legally adopted son," Joe explained, "when Doug and I married, DJ became my loving step-son, and Mom’s grandson. Mom and DJ had an incredibly close and loving relationship. DJ and Jamie were by Mom’s bedside in the hospital when Mom expired. Her passing nearly destroyed DJ, he took his Grandma’s death the hardest of any of us."

"Julia," Joe continued, "I have to give Damion and Brandon credit for coming to pay their Grandma final respects, which is much more than her daughter and son-in-law were willing to do!"

"Wait!" Julia remarked, "Our sons were in LasVegas at the time of Mom’s funeral."

Joe explained to Julia how the boys had lied about going to Las Vegas, but were actually in NC, and were two of the Pall Bearers for Grandma, along with DJ and Jamie, and their close friends, Phil and Bryan. He then told her that Damion and Brandon had formed a very tight relationship with their cousins, DJ and Jamie. Likely that relationship between the cousins, was much of the reason that the boys decided to move to NC.

"Julia," Joe said, "Doug and I have nothing but hearts full of love for our nephews, and we will do everything we can to make their transition here as smooth as possible. Anything else you want to hammer me about?"

"I guess not," Julia said, "I just hope they’ll be happy there. It sure did come as a shock to Richard and me, when they came by this morning to tell us they were leaving. Goodbye!" Julia and Joe both hung up.

"Well," Joe stated, smiling, "the bitch is not a happy camper! She has so much hatred in her heart I doubt that she can ever be happy. I’m basking in her misery, and I’m happy that the boys are soon to be joining us." DJ and Jamie grinned at each other, and shared thumbs up.

Saturday night while DJ was at work, he received a text from Damion, stating that they were in Arizona for the night. He said that they were trying to drive at least 500 miles a day, as the total trip was about 2700 miles. They were hoping to arrive in North Carolina on Thursday.

Saturday night DJ and Jamie spent the night at Jamie’s, as they both had some decent dress clothes there, to dress up for the wedding tomorrow.

* * * * *

Sunday morning, May 20th, and the big day has arrived. In keeping tradition, the Shultz’s insisted that Randy spend the night before the wedding at the inn, leaving Daryl to sleep alone at the house. The senior Shultz’s rented three rooms at the inn, one for themselves, one for Randy’s sister and her husband, and one for Randy to share with his nephew, twelve-year-old Isaac, who was also the Ring Bearer.

There were two full size beds in the room, but Randy and Isaac mutually agreed to sleep together in just one bed. Randy has nothing but love for Isaac, and the feeling is mutual. Both Randy and Isaac slept in their underwear, and Isaac snuggled close to his Uncle Randy, Randy wrapping his arm around Isaac’s torso. This was most likely the last time that Randy and Isaac would ever sleep together, and they both totally enjoyed their closeness. Before they drifted off to sleep, Randy gave Isaac a tender, loving kiss on his cheek, and Isaac returned it.

Justin Wade also arrived on Saturday evening, with one of his male clerks, a young black dude named Malcom. Justin and Randy connected, and Randy gave Justin his key to the store, along with a note containing codes, so that Justin and Malcom could open the store on Sunday morning at 10:00 AM. Justin and Malcom also shared a room at the inn, but didn’t share a bed. Justin is happily married to Sherry, and Malcom has a steady girlfriend, and both men are totally straight.

Sunday morning Randy and his family all went to the Hometown Café and had a big breakfast, and then returned to their Motel rooms to dress for the Wedding. Randy and Isaac both looked really handsome in their tuxes.

About 12:30 PM, folks started to congregate in Randy and Daryl’s back yard. The best men arrived from the city. DJ smiled, seeing Gwen and Jon arriving together, looking like they were ready for a Prom. Evidently Jon and Gwen are still dating. Gloria and Jerry arrived, and Gloria was dressed to kill. Some unknown people arrived, likely some of the employees from Daryl’s CVS store.

Randy and Daryl had gone all out, and hired a catering outfit to cater the reception. They brought the tables, and the array of food was awesome. As when they had the housewarming party, they borrowed chairs from Antonio for the wedding. DJ and Jamie planned to return the chairs to the pizzeria after the reception and after Randy and Daryl left on their Honeymoon.

Gloria’s friend and her husband arrived with the Wedding Cake, and his photography equipment, and then Pastor White.

DJ got Pastor White to one side, and explained about Phil and Bryan’s Lesbian neighbors that needed to marry before they attempted to gain custody of their son, Jeremy. Pastor White gave DJ the contact information, so he could relay the information to Phil and Bryan, and they could give it to Candy and Rina. It seems that Pastor Evelyn White’s wedding services to same sex couple’s is gaining momentum. We wonder if she ever officiates wedding ceremonies for straight couples?

By 2:00 PM the ceremony was over. Randy and Daryl shared their first kiss as happily married husbands if front of a yard full of happy and cheering friends, relatives and coworkers. By 4:00 PM most of the food had been devoured and the caterers started to gather up their stuff. DJ and Jamie gathered up the chairs, loading them into the Tracker to return them to Anthony’s.

Shortly after 4:00 PM, Randy’s family, including his sister and brother-in-law and Isaac kissed and hugged the newlywed’s goodbye and got into their car to start the long trip home. Randy’s Dad said they should make it home before midnight.

Between 4:00 and 5:00 PM most of the crowd dispersed. Randy and Daryl brought their luggage from the house and prepared to start their Honeymoon. Jamie drove the Tracker to the pizzeria and unloaded the chairs, and then on home. He would come back to pick up DJ when the Drug Store closed at 9:00 PM. Jerry took Gloria and DJ to the store, and was just hanging around until Gloria and DJ closed. DJ got to spend a little time with Justin, before Justin and Malcom left for the city, about 6:00.

Just before DJ and Jamie fell asleep Sunday night, DJ got another text, ‘We’re spending tonight in New Mexico, almost in Texas, can’t wait to see you guys’. DJ replied to the text with a ‘smiley’.

* * * * *

It’s Monday morning, May 21st. DJ and Jamie are having breakfast with Karen, and DJ told her that the cousins were spending last night in New Mexico. Karen smiled, as she and Carl are also looking forward to Damion and Brandon’s arrival.

This is final exam week, and the last week of the Spring Semester. Neither Jamie nor DJ have plans to take any classes during the summer, they’re going to enjoy their Summer Vacation! The shorter Summer Semester would be starting on June 4th, and Phil was already registered for two classes that he needed to take before Fall Semester. Everyone, including Karen and Carl were happy that Phil was going back to college, and wanted to pursue his career. Phil and Bryan, as well as DJ and Jamie would all be back to CC as full-time students in the Fall Semester, which would be starting on August 20th. It was expected that Brandon would also be transferring to CC and continuing his studies in the Fall Semester.

Right after breakfast DJ and Jamie gave Karen a hug, and headed out to campus in Jamie’s car. DJ’s phone rang, it was his Mama.

"Hi, Mama," DJ answered, "How is everything?"

"Everything’s great," Darra replied, "It’s a Monday, and I wondered if you and Jamie could come for dinner tonight?"

"We can’t, Mama," DJ replied, "we have a really busy week this week. Randy, my GM just got married yesterday and he and his Husband are on their Honeymoon, and I’m closing the store every night this week with Gloria, the Assistant Manager. And then, a little later this week, my cousins are arriving from San Francisco, they’re moving here!"

"DJ, you don’t have any cousins," Mama said.

"Yes I do, Mama, by marriage," DJ explained, "My step-dad, Joe, has two nephews, and they’re now my cousins, Damion and Brandon Whitlock. They came out for Grandma’s funeral, and Jamie and I became really close to them. Jamie and I can hardly wait to see them again!"

"Wow, baby," Darra replied, "your family keeps getting bigger, and bigger! What about next Monday, it’ll be Memorial Day, maybe we can have a cookout, and you could bring your cousins, and we could meet them."

"Sorry, Mama," DJ replied, "Memorial Day is booked. Two of our closest gay friends are hosting a Pool Party and Cookout, and we’ve already made plans to attend. I’ve promised them I would make potato salad for their cookout, and I hope you know that I don’t break promises!"

"I don’t give up easily, Son," Mama said, "How about Sunday, of Memorial Day weekend? Ramous is off, and I know he would want to meet your cousins. We both want to integrate you and Jamie into our family, and Ramous likes both of you, a lot."

"That might work," DJ said, "maybe Jamie and I can get the time off from work that Sunday. Let’s see what we can do, and I’ll call you back with the answer. We’re just arriving on campus, and we need to get into class. Catch you later, Mama, I love you."

"I love you too, baby," Mama said, "and please give our love to Jamie. Bye for now." Darra and DJ hung up.

Jamie and DJ discussed it, and will try to get some time off on the Sunday before Memorial Day to have a cookout with DJ’s family. When DJ told Jamie that Mama sent her love, Jamie smiled.

After classes let out that Monday, they hooked up with Bryan in the parking lot, and DJ gave Bryan Pastor White’s information, so that he and Phil could give it to Candy and Rina. DJ and Jamie headed to Jamie’s home for lunch with Karen. DJ needed to leave for work that day to close with Gloria that night, and both DJ and Gloria would have a short night, as they would both be doing the Open to Close thing on Tuesday, to give Lois a day off.

As usual, Jamie was off on Monday and spent the day with Karen and Carl, until Carl left for work about 3:30. The boys would be spending Monday night at our home, and Jamie was scheduled at 4:00 PM to close on Tuesday. Monday night’s text said the travelers had made it through Texas and were in Oklahoma for the night. Damion and Brandon were well past the halfway point!

About 11:00 AM on Tuesday morning, while Gloria and DJ were both working, the store phone rang and Gloria answered it, ‘Southside Drug, Gloria speaking, how may I help you?’

"Gloria! Randy here, I just called to see how everything is going."

"We’re doing fine, Randy," Gloria replied, "Thanks for leaving me with a most wonderful assistant! That young man is very helpful and so intelligent. Sunday night I showed him how to cash out the system and do the deposit, and last night he did it, all by himself. Of course, I checked behind him, but everything was perfect. I think DJ could easily become an AM, if he could just do prescriptions! He can handle almost any chore we throw at him."

"I’m really glad that Justin had the insight to give DJ a chance," Randy said, "I love that young man, and I think Justin really left us with a diamond in the rough. Another year at CC and he’ll be graduating as a Pharmacy Tech, once he takes the boards. I’d like to chat with him a minute, if he’s not too busy."

"I’ll relieve him on the terminal, and send him to the phone," Gloria said, "and I’ll talk to you later, bye for now." Gloria relieved DJ on the terminal, and told him Randy wished to talk to him. He walked back to the phone by the pharmacy.

"Hi Randy" DJ said, "Gloria said you wanted to speak to me?"

"How are you guys doing up there without me around?" Randy asked.

"It’s a rough schedule this week," DJ replied, "after closing last night, and doubling today, I’m sure Gloria and I will both be ready to crash after we close tonight. How’s the Vacation going?"

"Wonderful, DJ, This hotel is very pro-gay, and Daryl and I have the Honeymoon Suite. They call it the Honeymoon Suite rather than a Bridal Suite, as they only give it out to gay newlyweds. When you and Jamie decide to get married, I highly recommend this place for your Honeymoon. Daryl and I are having a blast! DJ, this area is sooooo gay, we can show PDA, and can kiss and hug anywhere around this area, and nobody bats an eyelash! The hotel has a private beach, and some couples even make out and have sex on the beach—and nobody cares! It’s wild!"

"When are you guys coming home?" DJ asked.

"We’re leaving Gay West on Sunday morning, and we’ll be home late Memorial Day evening. We’re both returning to work on Wednesday. See you then, DJ." Randy hung up, but DJ was happy to have had the chat with Randy, and can’t wait to tell Jamie about their conversation.

Gloria will be able to sleep in on Wednesday morning, but DJ and Jamie have to be on campus for final exams, what a bummer! Thank goodness Friday is the last day of the Semester!

Tuesday nights text, ‘Made it to Nashville, TN, might make it home by tomorrow night. We might take a few hours to visit the Country Music Capitol tomorrow, since we’re already here, and arrive on Thursday at the latest’. DJ returned a text ‘Go for it, Dudes, we can wait one more day!’ with two smiley’s.

* * * * *

Thursday morning Jamie and DJ headed to campus after breakfast for their last computer lab and their last volleyball class. After showering they dressed into their appropriate work uniforms, grabbed some burgers on the way and went to work. They would both be off about 9:00 PM that night.

About 1:00 PM Damion called Karen, to verify the address so he could put it into the GPS. After saving it, the GPS estimated their arrival time at the Seldon home to be 6:45 PM that evening. Karen told them she had cooked a big dinner before Carl went to work and had plenty to warm up for them when they arrived. She also told them that she and Carl were anxious to see them again, and that their rooms were ready for them.

Damion noted that Karen had stated ‘rooms’, maybe they would have separate bedrooms, and not have to share a bed, like they did when they were here for Grandma’s funeral? They can hope.

About 7:00 PM Brandon pulled into the Seldon’s drive, and parked close to the back porch, anticipating that he and Damion would be unloading their car soon. As they approached the kitchen door, it swung open automatically, and Karen stood just inside, her arms open wide. Karen gave loving hugs, first to Damion and then to Brandon, and planted loving kisses on both of the boys’ cheeks.

"Welcome home," Karen said, "I’m sure you boys are hungry."

"Yeah," Damion stated, smiling, "it’s been a few hours since we ate. We held off, kinda figuring the food at the Seldon Hotel would be much better than we could get at a fast food joint!"

Karen, snickering, "It might take me a little longer to reheat this food, than it takes for a fast food place to cook it. I’ll show you your rooms, and you two can decide who gets which room. Brandon suggested that Damion take the larger room, as there would be room for the TV in it, and Brandon took the smaller room. Brandon would always be welcome in Damion’s room to watch TV or play games. Yes, these boys are gamers!

After dinner, the boys tackled the job of unloading their life from Damion’s car, and bringing it into their rooms. Damion then parked their car next to Jamie’s older Toy. They then spent nearly an hour putting their clothing away into the draws of the chests and into the closets.

About 9:00 PM Karen and the boys sat around the table and just chatted for a while, and Karen told them that Jamie and DJ should be getting home from work around 9:30.

"Have you boys phoned your parents to let them know you’ve arrived safely?" Karen asked.

"We don’t really care to talk with them," Damion replied.

"Look guys," Karen stated, "I’m a parent, and I well know how parents worry about their kids, especially if they’re on the road, like you two have been. You may not be on the best of terms with them, but I do think you should let them know that you’ve arrived safely, and you’re safe and secure with loving family."

"OK, Aunt Karen," Damion said, "I’ll call them, but if they get too bitchy, I’ll hang up, and block their number!" Damion made the call, and as he expected, Julia quickly became the bitch. He told her that if she couldn’t talk like a normal mother, he was hanging up. He got in the words that they had arrived safely, and were in a safe home with Aunt Karen and Uncle Carl. "GOODBYE!" Damion immediately blocked Julia’s number so she couldn’t call him back.

"Wow," Karen said, "I sure can feel the love in your family. Not!"

About 9:25 they heard the Tracker pull into the back yard. Both Damion and Brandon nearly tripped over their own feet trying to run out the back door to greet DJ and Jamie. As DJ and Jamie’s feet hit the ground, a four-boy hugfest ensued, that lasted for about fifteen minutes. Inside a three square foot area, were clustered the four happiest young men in the county! Despite the ‘gayness’ of it, both Damion and Brandon planted kisses on DJ and Jamie’s cheeks, and received a few in return. It’s not gay, they’re just loving cousins!

The four boys walked into the kitchen, and Karen placed some glasses on the table, along with a tub of cookies, and a jug of milk.

"Wow!" Damion remarked, "We haven’t had homemade cookies since we sometimes visited Grandma. Making cookies was way too housewifery for Mom. It was below her society level!"

Karen was just a bit saddened, beginning to realize how Damion and Brandon were brought up. Karen is a total opposite, her greatest pleasure is cooking and baking for her family, and even her extended family. She is proud to be a good housewife and mother, and was fortunate that Carl was a good provider, and she had never had to work an outside job to help pay the bills.

After driving that last 500 miles today Damion and Brandon were beat, and looking forward to laying their heads on some nice soft pillows. After sharing goodnight hugs with Jamie, DJ, and Karen, they headed to their bedrooms to crash. DJ and Jamie still have one last day of classes, and followed suit, cuddling together in their bed, very happy young men.

Karen looked at the clock and it was just after 10:00 PM, Doug should be home, but Joe wouldn’t be getting home until around 11:00 PM. Karen has a plan, and called Doug. Doug answered with "Hi Karen, Do you have a house full of boys tonight, I hope?"

"I sure do, Doug," Karen replied. "Damion and Brandon arrived about 7:00 PM, and then Jamie and DJ got home from work about 9:30. Wow, Doug, what a reunion that was, I thought all four boys were gonna hug the life out of each other! All four of our Angels have now retired for the night."

"They’re all wonderful young men, Karen," Doug said, "Joe and I can’t wait to wrap our arms around our nephews. I’m glad they made it here safely."

"Doug," Karen stated, "I’m planning kind of a Homecoming Dinner for tomorrow, about 1:00 PM. That way Carl and I can have dinner with you and Joe, and all the boys, and I don’t think that anyone will need to leave for work before 2:30. It’s a Friday, and I’m certain that DJ and Jamie are both scheduled to work tomorrow night."

"Sounds like a good plan," Doug said, "Joe may come in uniform and have Mike pick him up at your place, and I can go to work from there. Is there anything we can bring?"

"Nope, just yourselves," Karen replied, "I’m planning dinner for 1:00 PM, but you and Joe are welcome to come earlier, and spend some time with the boys before dinner. Jamie and DJ have their last classes on campus tomorrow and will be home around 11:30."

"I’ll need to clear it with Joe, but I think everything will be fine," Doug replied, "He’s due home about 11:00, and I can’t wait to tell him that our nephews have arrived! We’ll see you all tomorrow." Doug and Karen hung up, and Karen slipped into bed to await her bed partner to join her when Carl gets home, about 1:00 AM. When Carl pulled in, about 12:50 AM, he noticed the Camry with the California plates parked in the drive, and smiled. Damion and Brandon have arrived!

To be continued…………….


Okay, so we didn’t make it to Rusty and Jamal’s Pool Party in this chapter, but it’s still gonna happen, in Chapter 43. The Whitlock Brothers have now moved to NC, and Damion is now seriously hunting a job as an accountant. He gets a tip from an unexpected source. Brandon is also going to be looking for a summer job, and hopes to find a part time job after he resumes college at the local CC, come fall.
 
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was such a happy chapter. DJs reunion with his mom and sister went well. Rodney big mouth outing DJ was kind of funny. Darra is doing very well and her fiance Ramous seems like the perfect match. I think it speaks volumes for him that he has accepted not just Rodney and Camille but also DJ and Jamie.

I wonder if we might get to see what fun the newly weds are getting up to in Gay West.

Great to see the California cousins have finally arrived. The family just keeps growing. Such a huge turnaround from Dougs lonely days. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..