Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 3,412 Words
  • 621 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 62. Chapter 62

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There is a young, gay boy, 15 year old Fernando, who's father had kicked him out (which happens way too often in real life) and CPS (Child Protective Services) had placed him with foster parents, a married straight couple. The couple has now adopted Fernando. Warning: there may be some sex described in this chapter.

In Chapter 62, On Sunday Phillip comes out to his family and on Monday Brandon gets to pick up his new ride. Monday evening DJ and Jamie will share dinner with Mama and Ramous, and plans will be made for Rodney to spend the next Saturday night with DJ and Jamie.

DJ Chapter 62 – A gay love story by Doug Spencer

As Phillip had expected, his parents, Jacob and Marian had gone to bed and were sleeping when Chad dropped him off at nearly 1:30 AM on Sunday morning. Phillip had also quietly gone to bed, not wishing to wake his parents up.

About 8:30 AM Marian and Jacob rose, Marian starting coffee to brew.

“Hun, did you hear Phillip come back in last night?” Marian asked.

“No, I didn’t,” Jacob replied, “Let me check, and make sure he made it back.” Jacob pushed Phillip’s door open just far enough to see that Phillip was still sleeping peacefully in his bed. “Sleeping like a rock! He’s probably pretty tired, he was out pretty late.” He sat at the table, sharing first cups of coffee with his wife.

About 9:15 Phillip woke up, and after dressing properly and stopping by the bathroom, wandered into the kitchen. Phillip enjoys having morning coffee at the Wheeler home. Things are less proper there, and he and Chad can enjoy sitting at the table in just their boxers—but this is the Leonard home, and his parents would insist that he be properly dressed, even for morning coffee!
Marian instinctively poured Phillip a cup of coffee.

“So how did your outing go last night?” Jacob asked.

“Fine,” Phillip replied, “we all had a great time up there.”

“Did you and Chad meet some nice young ladies up there,” Jacob asked, “that might become girlfriends?” Phillip was starting to shift nervously in his chair.

“Not—not really.” Phillip replied.

“Then I guess going up there was a wasted effort,” Jacob stated.

“We still had a great time,” Phillip replied, “and lots of fun. And they did have a good band that played good dance music. Chad and I danced our asses off.”

“So at least you found some girls to dance with,” Jacob said, “I can’t believe you guys didn’t get some phone numbers to call later.” Phillip is looking at the floor.

“We just weren’t that much into getting into any of those girls,” Phillip said, “Most of them were into dancing with each other, so Chad and I mostly danced with each other.”

“Wait just a damn minute!” Jacob exclaimed, “Are you saying that you and Chad danced together—in a public place?”

“I don’t think you understand what it’s like,” Phillip explained, “at the Waterhole. They cater to a mixed crowd, about half straight and half gay and lesbian. Chad and I weren’t the only boys that danced with another boy.”

“I don’t know,” Jacob responded, “just the thought of two boys dancing together seems so—I don’t know—it just seems so Homo! Or are you guys turning queer? I didn’t raise my son to be a faggot!”

“Dad!” Phillip exclaimed, “Names like queer and faggot are derogatory, and not socially acceptable. That’s like calling a black person a nigger! The proper term for people who are attracted to the same sex is gay.”

“Well, gay or whatever,” Jacob replied, “I know you would never have considered dancing with another boy before you met Chad. I think that Chad has become a negative influence on you. How did you ever become such close friends with Chad anyway?”

“I met Chad the day that I joined the Rainbow Alliance at school,” Phillip explained, “and we just became friends, and our friendship has just escalated from there.”

“And just what is the Rainbow Alliance?” Jacob asked.

“It was formed as a support group, for the LGBT students on campus,” Phillip stated.

“And just what the hell is LGBT?” Jacob asked.

“That stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender.” Phillip replied.

“Why would a boy like you join a club like that?” Jacob inquired.

“Mom, Dad,” Phillip confessed, squirming in his chair, “There’s something I should have shared with you—years ago, but I never had the courage. There’s a reason why I’ve never tried to get a girlfriend. I just have never had any interest in girls, but I do have an interest in boys. I’m—I’m—I’m gay! And so is Chad. And we’re a lot closer than just friends, we’re—Boyfriends.”

Jacob sat in shock, not certain how to respond. Marian placed her hand on Jacob’s, trying to ease his pain.

“Son, you sure know how to dump a pile of shit on your parents door step!” Jacob finally remarked. “I wonder of Chad is going to share this revelation with his parents.”

“It’s already been done,” Phillip replied, “Last Saturday, a week ago, Chad’s Dad had a serious talk with Chad and me. We both opened up, and came out to him, and explained that we were gay and that we were boyfriends.”

“What did he do, when you told him?” Jacob asked.

“At first,” Phillip stated, “he thanked Chad for finally admitting to what he and Shirley had suspected for a long time. Then he gave both of us hugs and said that he loved us both.”

“And that was it?” Jacob asked, with surprise.

“There’s a little more,” Phillip added, “Chad and his father both encouraged me to share my sexuality, and my relationship to Chad with you and Mom. While Chad’s Mom was preparing dinner, Chad’s Dad told his Mom that the chat with us went well, and that we were in a relationship. At dinnertime, Chad’s Mom gave me a hug, said she loved me, and told me that Chad’s boyfriend is welcome in their home anytime.”

“Wow!” Jacob exclaimed, “Chad’s parents must be a lot more open minded than we are! From what you’ve just told me, I can honestly say that Chad, or any other boy is NOT welcome in our home. If you bring a close friend into this house, they better be a female!”

“The intimate feelings that you and Chad evidently seem to have for each other are wrong and totally unnatural. And if you and Chad have done anything sexually, that’s off the charts! At your ages, boys should be out chasing girls, not other boys.”

“Dad,” Phillip responded, “gay kids are wired differently than straight kids. Gay girls chase other gay girls, and gay boys chase other gay boys. It may be unnatural for straight people to understand, but for us, what we feel and do is quite natural.”

“Phillip,” Jacob stated, “I do love you, and I hope you’ve never doubted my love. I think we need to take some time to get your head on straight. I can’t prevent you and Chad from seeing each other on campus, but I damn sure can forbid you to spend any more nights with Chad at his home. Is that understood?”

“Yes, Sir,” Phillip replied, “But why? Cuddling up with my boyfriend and sleeping with him is my greatest pleasure in life!”

“You told me that you sleep in the guestroom when you stay over with Chad,” Jacob questioned, “now you’re admitting that you two have been sleeping together!”

“That wasn’t a total lie,” Phillip replied, “when Dorie got too big and old for her crib, their parents gave Dorie Chad’s room, and gave Chad what was formerly the guestroom, complete with a queen size bed. There’s plenty of room for both of us. When we sleep together, we both sleep really well.”

“My mind’s made up, Phillip,” Jacob stated, “you and Chad have gotten too close for comfort, at least too close for MY COMFORT! There will be no more sleepovers with Chad, or any other boy. I’d quicker see you sleep over with a girl.”

Does Jacob really think that getting Phillip together with a girl is going to chase the gay away?

Phillip excused himself, stating he had some assignments to work on that are due tomorrow, and headed to his room. He desperately wants to talk to Chad, but is almost afraid to, even from the privacy of his room. If Jacob hears him talking on the phone, he will question Phillip as to who he is talking with.

Marian, after Phillip resorted to his room, “Dear, don’t you think you’re being a little harsh with Phillip?”

“Nope!” Jacob exclaimed, “He has to learn that queer perverts are not acceptable in society. He needs to start thinking like a normal boy, and find some girls to love and make out with, and shove this gay phase out of his mind.”

* * * * *

Sunday morning is a lot different in the Wheeler home, where the Wheeler family is having a pleasant breakfast together. Dorie is still coming down from the high of her date with Brandon but Chad has a heavy weight on his mind.

“Daddy” Dorie ventured, “you met Brandon last night, what did you think of him?”

“It’s hard to form an opinion,” Rick stated, “having just met him, but he does seem like a rather nice young man. I suppose, if you’re planning to date him, we’ll get to know him better. Your Mom and I would always want to meet, and get to know any boy you date. How did your double date go last night?”

“It was pretty cool,” Dorie replied, “I don’t know about Chad and Phillip, but Brandon and I had a really good time. That will likely be our only double date with the boys because Brandon is getting his car tomorrow, so we’ll have more privacy on future dates.”

“Phillip and I had as great time too,” Chad stated, “It was awesome to be able to dance with my baby in a venue where we could dance together, without being a spectacle.”

“Chad,” Rick asked, “you seem a little down this morning, did you and Phillip have a lover’s quarrel or something?”

“Oh no, nothing like that,” Chad replied, “I’m just worried, and concerned about Phillip. Today is the day he plans to come out to his parents, and I’m apprehensive as to how they will react. I’m hoping he calls me, to let me know.”

“I understand, Son,” Rick replied, “I think we’re both hoping for the best, and fearing the worst. I’m sure he’ll let us know how things went—with his parents. All we can really do is sit and wait. If push comes to shove, we’ve got Phillips back, and we do have a Plan B. Chad, you’re not in this alone, Shirley and I have grown to love Phillip—like a second son.”

“I really appreciate that, Dad,” Chad replied, “more than you could possibly know. I love Phillip so much, and losing him would surely break my heart!”

“Sweetheart,” Shirley stated, “your father and I can actually feel the love that you and Phillip share. It radiates, like the heat from a potbelly stove. It may be a different kind of love, but it’s still love.” Chad smiled.

The afternoon dragged, 1:00 PM, 2:00, 3:00, and now 4:00 and no word from Phillip. Chad was ready to climb the walls. Finally, about 4:15, a text message from his baby.

‘Can’t talk now, parents have me on restriction and watching me like hawks. Things aren’t great. Pls don’t call or txt, will explain everything tomorrow at school. Love you.’

Shirley was preparing dinner and Rick was keeping her company, sitting at the kitchen table. Chad joined them, phone in hand.

“Well,” Chad stated, “I guess Phillip’s Dad didn’t kick him out of the house, but I don’t know yet how things went down.” He handed his phone to Rick so Rick could read the text. “I’ve never been so anxious to go to campus on Monday morning before.”

Rick, reading the text, “It looks like his parents didn’t accept his coming out very well. I can’t believe they’re treating him like a little kid that did something wrong!”

“I know, right?” Chad replied, “If they make his life too miserable, we can still activate Plan B, can’t we?”

“Yeah, Son,” Rick answered, “It would seem that Phillip’s home environment isn’t the best, but we won’t really know just how bad it might be until you talk with him tomorrow. Keep me posted.”

“Will do Dad,” Chad replied. “Dad, I think I’ve been blessed with the best parents in the whole wide world! You and Mom have shown me nothing but love—and acceptance. I feel sorry for the number of gay kids that have homophobic parents that can’t accept their kids sexuality, and turn their backs on their children.”

“Chad,” Rick stated, “I have to admit, I wasn’t exactly thrilled to learn that my son was gay, but it is what it is. If your future happiness depends on loving another boy, then so be it. I just hope that the boy you fall in love with is able to return that love to you.”

“I really think that Phillip and I are equally in love with each other,” Chad responded. “Gosh, I miss that boy so much when we’re not close to each other!” Rick and Shirley glanced at each other, both smiling. It seems that their son is falling, or has fallen in love.

* * * * *

Typical of a Saturday night, DJ and Jamie had spent the night at our house, DJ and I both clocking out at 9:00 PM but driving separately. Jamie didn’t arrive until about 11:45 after dropping Brandon off at the Seldon home. Mike dropped Joe off at the end of their shift a little before 11:30 PM and I stirred up a pot of hot cocoa to share with Joe, DJ and Jamie before we all retired.

It’s Sunday afternoon and DJ is scheduled 3:00 to close with Randy at Southside Drug while Jamie and Brandon are scheduled in at 4:00 to close at the pizzeria. Both businesses close at 9:00 PM on Sundays.

After a late brunch, DJ and I donned our Southside Polo’s and headed, driving separately, to Southside Drug for our shifts. When Mike picked Joe up about 3:00 PM, Jamie also left to pick up Brandon at the Seldon home and head to Anthony’s, both due in at 4:00 PM today.

Brandon, on the way to Anthony’s, “Jamie, when we leave campus tomorrow, do you think you and DJ can take me to the dealership so I can pick up my new wheels?”

“I don’t see any problem with that,” Jamie replied, “DJ and I are both off on Monday’s, and we’ll still have the rest of Monday evening to do whatever we decide to do together. I’m happy that you will now have your own ride, and not have to depend on DJ and me for your transportation.” Brandon smiled, also pleased.

Just after Randy and DJ walked out of the store, about 9:05 that Sunday night, DJ received a phone call, from his Mama.

“Hi Mama,” DJ answered.

“DJ,” Darrah replied, “got a minute?”

“Sure, Mama,” DJ replied, “I just clocked out, what’s up?”

“We haven’t seen you and Jamie for a while, do you and Jamie still have Monday’s off together?” Darrah asked.

“We do,” DJ replied, “we have classes earlier in the day, our last class ends at 3:00 PM and we’re free after that. Monday nights are the only night that we’re both off from work.”

“Son,” Darrah stated, “We’d like to have you and Jamie join us for dinner Monday night, if you’d be so kind to honor us?”

“I think we can,” DJ replied, “I need to check with Jamie to see if he has other plans, and if there is something else that I’m not aware of, I’ll call you back. What time?”

“5:00 PM for dinner,” Darrah replied, “but I’d like for you to come out after your classes end so we could spend some time together. I don’t see you guys often enough. DJ, I do love and care about both you and Jamie, and so does Ramous, and your siblings.”

“I think you can count on us for dinner tomorrow night,” DJ said, “Jamie is still at work, but I’ll inform him after he gets off. Thanks, Mama, and we’ll see you tomorrow. Goodnight now.” DJ and Darrah hung up.

* * * * *

Darrah’s POV:

After hanging off with DJ, Darrah’s mind wandered over the last few years. Life with John Jackson (JJ) wasn’t too great, especially where DJ was concerned. JJ was well aware that DJ was not his son, and frequently showed his animosity toward DJ. Darrah couldn’t really blame DJ for leaving home when he learned that JJ was returning from prison.

DJ was actually quite fortunate to meet up with Doug and Joe, whom she believes have nothing but love for DJ. Doug legally adopting DJ and giving him the last name of Kendall made DJ no longer a Jackson, but this was likely for the best. She does love DJ but Doug and Joe, as parents, can do so much more for him than she can do.

For so long she had no idea where DJ was, but thanks to Rodney’s perseverance and his love for his big brother, Rodney had found DJ! Even though DJ doesn’t live with the rest of the Jackson’s, DJ and Darrah have come to rekindle their Mother and Son love. Learning that DJ was gay, and has had a long-term boyfriend was somewhat of a shock at first, but she has grown comfortable with their relationship and now loves Jamie, almost like a son.

* * * * *

Even though DJ and Jamie had driven to work separately, due to DJ’s shift starting at 3:00 and Jamie’s and Brandon’s not until 4:00, they would all be heading back to the Seldon’s home together. DJ walked into the pizzeria and settled at a table to await DJ and Brandon to finish their shifts. Antonio had already clocked Jamie out, and he instinctively joined DJ, with two glasses of Pepsi. Brandon still needed to bus the two last tables and load the dishwasher with the last load of the soiled dishes.

“Baby,” DJ stated, “we have a dinner engagement tomorrow evening. Mama has invited us to share dinner with her and Ramous, and of course, Camille and Rodney. She asked us to come out as soon as we can leave campus, so that she and the kids could spend a little time with us before dinner at 5:00.”

“That sounds great, DJ,” Jamie stated, “but I promised Brandon that we would take him to the dealership to get his new ride right after we leave campus tomorrow.”

“Even with that,” DJ said, “it shouldn’t take us more than about fifteen or twenty minutes out of the way. We should still get to Mama’s house by about 4:30.” Jamie nodded in agreement.

A few minutes later, after Brandon started the dishwasher and wiped down those last two tables, Antonio clocked Brandon out and he approached DJ and Jamie, ready to head home. In a twist from the norm, Brandon elected to ride home with DJ rather than Jamie, as he doesn’t often get to ride in the front seat of the Tracker. They left the parking lot, Jamie following DJ and Brandon, and headed to the Seldon home to rest up for another week of classes at CC.

While enjoying a bedtime snack of Karen’s homemade cookies and milk, along with Damion, Brandon explained to Damion that he would be picking up his own set of wheels tomorrow after classes ended, thanks to DJ and Jamie. Damion was happy for Brandon, and they soon all retired to their bedrooms for the night.

To be continued..............

* * * * *

Sorry folks, as often happens, time and space ran out before all of the events I had planned for this chapter.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Chapter 63 will pick up on Monday morning with a ‘normal’ Monday morning at the Seldon home, DJ and Jamie informing Karen of their plans to have dinner with DJ’s Mama. Chad finally gets to know what Phillip’s Dad is attempting to do to break up Chad and Phillip. Thanks guys for hanging with me this far. We have a long way to go, and please don't be so stingy with the COMMENTS! Your COMMENTS let me know what you guys are thinking. Love you all.
Doug
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..