Jump to content
    Doug Spencer
  • Author
  • 14,347 Words
  • 2,512 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

DJ - 15. Chapter 15

Note: All sexually involved characters in this story are Eighteen years of age or older. There may be description of gay sex in this chapter.
In Chapter 15
Clearing up the snow
DJ and Jamie get a real surprise for Christmas
Christmas Day, DJ plays with little kids (Jamie’s cousins)
Matt discovers his new voice
Gloria gets her ring adjusted
DJ gets a promotion
Lots of emotions in this one folks.

Merry Christmas Everybody! It’s Christmas Day, at 6:00 AM and the alarm went off in Karen and Carl’s bedroom. Karen reached over and shut the damn thing off, and started to rub the sleep from her eyes. How can it be six already? She slipped out of bed, and grabbed her robe. She then headed first to the bathroom and then the kitchen.

Karen then turned on the oven to heat, and pulled the turkey out of the fridge. She was glad she’d had the forethought to stuff it the day before, and she set it down carefully in the roasting pan, and slid the pan into the oven. She then proceeded to start a whole pot of coffee brewing, and sat down at the table to wait for the coffee. Just a couple minutes later she heard the bathroom door close, but had no idea who was in there.

Jamie walked out of the bathroom, typically only in his boxer-briefs, and walked into the kitchen, seeing his Mom at the table.

Jamie, hugging his Mom, “Good Morning, Mom, and Merry Christmas,” then tenderly kissed her on the lips.

“Merry Christmas to you, sweetheart, did you sleep well?”

“Mom, you know I always sleep well if my baby is sleeping with me.” Karen smiled, knowing how true this is, and for her as well.

“Jamie,” Karen asked, as she poured herself that first cup of coffee, “can we talk?”

“Mom!” Jamie exclaimed, “Has there ever been a time we couldn’t talk? What’s on your mind?”

“Well, your Dad wants to try and get some of this snow cleared out of the driveway. He doesn’t know if he can even get the tractor started, and might have to do a lot of shoveling. I worry about him, he’s not a young man anymore, and so many older men have heart attacks when shoveling snow. I just wondered if maybe you and DJ…..”

“Mom,” Jamie interrupted, “say no more, one thing I can say about DJ is that he is anything but lazy. All I have to do is mention it and he’ll be ready to work. We’ll have fun doing it together.”

“Do you want to wake your Dad and DJ and tell them the coffee is ready?”

“Sure, Mom,” Jamie headed to his parent’s bedroom, and gently shook his Dad’s shoulders. Carl raised his head, shaking it a little. He then threw the covers back, and slid out of bed, naked, then reached for his briefs, and pulled them on.

Jamie, grinning, “Mom was right, you guys do sleep naked, don’t you. Coffee is ready, Dad.”

Carl, smiling, “It’s the best way to sleep. I suppose you’re going to tell me that you and DJ always wear your pajamas to bed?” There’s no way I would buy that!” Then, hugging Jamie, “Merry Christmas, Son.”

“And Merry Christmas back at you.” Jamie replied, “I gotta wake DJ up now.” Jamie left the room, and headed to his own room.

Jamie stood by the bed, looking down upon his sleeping boyfriend. He gazed on those thick lips, suddenly remembering the very first night he slept with DJ, and how those lips were begging to be tasted that night. They are every bit as enticing this morning as they were all those months ago.

Jamie was helpless, he lowered his head and his tongue started to lick DJ’s lips. The lips parted, and Jamie’s tongue rammed into DJ’s mouth, meeting with DJ’s tongue. Not a word was uttered, just a couple of moans from DJ and a sudden bulging was present in Jamie’s boxer-briefs. Jamie ran his hand under the sheets and his fingers wrapped around DJ’s hardness. He could feel that DJ was leaking precum, and Jamie had a sizeable wet spot forming in his own boxer-briefs.

Jamie suddenly shoved his boxer-briefs down, threw back the sheets, climbed on to the bed and lowered his mouth onto DJ’s leaking cock.

“Jamie, do we have time for this?”

Jamie, pulling off, “Not really, I think this is an emergency.”

“Baby,” DJ uttered, “I’m about to blow!”

DJ started pulsing, and then released several healthy spurts of man juice into Jamie’s hungry mouth, Jamie swallowed every tasty drop. As DJ was drained, he wrapped his fingers around Jamie’s throbbing erection and started to stroke it.

“DJ, I’m super hot, better use your mouth. I don’t want to shoot my load all over the sheets!”

It only took DJ about 15 seconds to re-position himself, and pull Jamie’s throbbing tool into his mouth, running his mouth up and down over Jamie’s cock, which started to pulse, and shoot, into DJ’s mouth. Both of these young men love the taste of each other’s cum, and they both like to swallow. DJ milked out the last of Jamie’s semen, and swallowed it.

“Wow,” DJ said, “that sure took a load off my mind.”

“Jamie, snickering, “It took a load off my balls! We better get dressed and make a showing. I need to put on clean boxer-briefs, I don’t want my parents to see that big wet spot on the other pair. I’ll bet that was the quickest and shortest sex we’ve ever had.”

DJ pulled his boxer-briefs on and Jamie pulled on a clean pair and they headed to the kitchen where Carl and Karen were both sitting at the table, Carl in his briefs. DJ poured himself a mug of coffee while Jamie attacked a bottle of juice from the fridge.

“What took you guys so long to get out here?” Carl asked, smiling.

Jamie, looking at DJ, “We had something we needed to discuss.”

“Well, I hope you got everything worked out OK.” Carl remarked.

“Yeah,” DJ responded, glancing at Jamie, “Everything worked out fine.” Karen and Carl glanced at each other, and grinned.

The boys knew that the parent’s probably knew what they had been doing, and appreciated that neither parent was crude enough to make any more comments.

“DJ,” Jamie said, “I hope you don’t mind, I kind of offered our services to help Dad clean up this snow out of the driveway.”

“I don’t know,” DJ replied, “do you have an extra pair of long johns? Be pretty cold, otherwise. Dad, are my Dad’s both here?”

“They are,” Carl answered, “unless Santa Claus stole them during the night.

“DJ,” Jamie said, “I’ve got about 4 pair, so we’re good on that.”

“I was hoping,” Karen commented, “to just make one breakfast for all of us, but Doug and Joe are still sleeping. Do you guys want to wait a while for breakfast?”

“Guys,” Carl stated, “It’s only a little past 7:00, I think we should go out and get a start on the snow, then we can take a breakfast break, and maybe Joe and Doug will be up by then, and we can all eat together.”

“Dad, Give us about 10 minutes and we’ll be ready,” Jamie replied and he and DJ headed for their bedroom to dress.

DJ thought it might be desirable to wake his Dad’s, or they might sleep right through breakfast time. He knocked on their door, and heard a sleepy ‘who is it?’

“It’s DJ.”

“Come in Son.”

DJ, walking in, “Good morning, Dad’s, and Merry Christmas! I thought I ought to maybe wake you, everyone else is up, and coffee is ready.”

“Thanks, son,” I said, “We’ll be out in a few.”

DJ, now back in their room, “Jamie, I think I have a problem. There’s not enough room in my skinny’s for these long johns.”

Jamie, pulling a pair of regular cut jeans from a draw, “Here you go, baby, wear these. Then get a sweatshirt from the closet, any one you choose.”

DJ, chuckling, “I guess sometimes it can be convenient to be able to share your boyfriends clothes.” Jamie smiled, he never minds sharing anything with his boyfriend, including his life.

Jamie reached down in the closet and retrieved his water-resistant boots that he hadn’t used since last winter, then grabbed two knitted beanie caps from the top shelf and tossed one to DJ. He then grabbed a pair of gloves.

“DJ,” Jamie remarked, “I’m sorry, but I don’t have a spare pair of gloves to loan you. I have another pair, but they’re in my car, back at your house.”

“That’s cool,” DJ replied, “I’ve got a brand new pair in the Tracker that Randy gave me yesterday. I’m sure glad I thought to grab my old boots yesterday, I wouldn’t want to wade in that snow in my sneakers.”

When the boys returned to the kitchen, Karen, Joe, and I were all sitting at the table having coffee. Karen told them that Carl had gone out to try and start the tractor. The boys proceeded to put on their boots, and the landline phone rang. Karen answered it, and looking at the caller ID knew it was Steve.

“Good morning, and Merry Christmas,” Karen answered the phone, “Did Santa make it to your house last night?”

We couldn’t hear what Steve was saying.

“Definitely, Carl and the boys are just getting ready to try and clear out the driveway. We’re all here, Joe and Doug slept here last night, and, of course the boys were here also. The turkey is roasting, and I’m planning on dinner for around 1:00 or 1:30.”

Steve, on the phone: “They’ve got most of the main roads plowed pretty well, but we’re driving the Cherokee today, as it has four wheel drive. Isn’t 1:00 kind of early?”

“We have to eat by at least 1:30. Joe has to work, and his patrol partner is picking him up here at 3:00. So we’ll see you about 1:00 or a little after, drive carefully, and we love you.”

“Steve is such a wuss,” Karen commented, “He and Val were ready to cancel out, because of a little snow, but they are coming.”

Carl, walking in the door, “Bad news, that tractor won’t even bark. That means we’re going to have to do it the hard way, with shovels. Lowe’s had them on sale a couple weeks ago, and I just happened to have the intuition to pick up a new one, so we have 2 snow shovels, plus a smaller one. Are you boys ready for some exercise?”

As Carl and the boys walked out the back door, Karen said she would give them a holler when breakfast was ready. She was preparing a lighter than normal breakfast, as we would be eating a heavier than normal dinner about 1:00 PM.

Joe and I were sitting at the kitchen table, sipping our 2nd cups of coffee, and chatting with Karen.

“I wonder,” I said, “how Carl got them to help him with that cleanup? I didn’t even hear him ask for their help.”

“I’ll admit,” Karen remarked, “I subtly suggested to Jamie, early this morning, that Carl could probably use his and DJ’s help. I didn’t beg, bribe or plead, and now they’re out there, shoveling their little butts off and nary a complaint from either of them. I feel sorry, for the hundreds of parents out there that don’t have kids nearly as awesome as our sons. I’m so proud of both of them!”

“You’re not alone, Karen,” I said, “If I pack any more pride in my head, it’s gonna be so big I won’t be able to walk through a doorway. Both of them are such magnificent young men!”

At about 8:45 Karen opened the back door and let out a war hoop,
and announced that it was break time. About three minutes later the snow removal crew entered, all with rosy cheeks, and removed their hats, gloves and jackets. Karen mentioned that she had not prepared a heavy breakfast, as she wanted everyone to be hungry for the feast. She then dished up plates of scrambled eggs with cheese, sausage and buttermilk biscuits.

Once breakfast was done, Karen gathered up the dishes, rinsed them and placed them in the dishwasher. Carl, DJ and Jamie put on the winter wear again, and headed back out to finish their job at hand. Carl said they should be done in another half an hour.

“Joe,” Karen asked, “do you or Doug want to take a shower?”

“I’m good, Karen, I haven’t done much sweating the last couple days, with this colder weather,” Joe replied.

“I’m good too, Karen, but thanks for the offer, anyway,” I said.

“Doug, if you would do me a favor,” Karen asked, “go into your bedroom, there should be a leaf for the dining table in the closet, get it and maybe you and Joe can extend the table, as we are feeding 10 today.” I complied, and now the table is longer.

About 10:00 AM Carl and the boys came in, finished. They all removed their boots and placed them on the boot tray.

“DJ, Jamie,” Carl remarked, “I want you to know that I really appreciate the help you guys gave me, I could have never done that all by myself.”

“No problem, Dad, I’m glad we could help,” Jamie replied.

“I guess,” DJ commented, “it’s just what we do, when we’re part of a family, and I definitely feel I’m part of this wonderful family.”

“DJ, can you come with me a minute, into my bedroom, while I shed this extra bulk?” Carl asked. DJ followed Carl into the bedroom, and Carl closed the door.

Carl, while shedding the extra bulk and long johns, “DJ, none of us has any way of predicting the future. We have no way of knowing if this relationship you and Jamie share will continue forever. If, sometime in the future, you and Jamie take different roads, you still have a piece of Karen’s heart, and a piece of mine. Please, no matter what, know that we both love you a lot, and we don’t want to ever lose track of you. You are, and always will be, a part of our lives.”

“Thanks, Dad,” DJ responded, with wet eyes, “you and Mom will always have a home in my heart also. I love you both very much, and I’ll never forget you—no matter what!”

The two men shared a passionate hug, and kissed each other on the cheek. When Carl and DJ returned, I could tell that DJ had shed some tears.

“DJ,” I queried, “are you ok?”

DJ, grinning, “I couldn’t be better! We just shared a little heart to heart talk.” DJ was smiling, ear to ear.

About 12:45 Steve and Valerie pulled in and parked, and got the young ones out of their car seats. Steve carried David, and Valerie brought in a covered bowl, and they all entered the kitchen door. There was the typical round of handshaking, and hugging and kissing, and wishing of Merry Christmas to each other. Jamie squatted down and gave his little cousins hugs and kisses.

“What is this?” Karen asked Valerie, pointing to the bowl.

“I know you told me I didn’t need to bring anything, but I decided to make that fruit salad that was always a tradition in my family for the holiday dinners.”

“Is that the one with the whipped cream dressing?” Val nodded.

“I almost tried to make it,” Karen remarked, “but I wasn’t sure what all goes in it so I didn’t, thanks for bringing it.”

Val was helping Karen in the kitchen. The faire was almost the same as Thanksgiving, minus the greens and plus mixed vegetables, and add the fruit salad. For dessert we swapped out the pecan pies for pumpkin pie.

“Doug,” Steve said, “Good to see you, I thought you were going to make an appointment, you know, to secure things and set up your will.”

“I’ll definitely try to do that, probably in February, after we get back.” I answered.

“Where are you going, and who is this ‘we’?

“I guess I need to catch you up a little,” I said, “Joe and I are getting married the 14th of January, and then going on a cruise for our honeymoon.”

“Bout damn time!” Steve exclaimed, “I hope the ship doesn’t sink and you both drown, and leave DJ in the cold. How did the boys do for their fall semester?”

“All A’s and B’s, both of them,” I said proudly.

“Great, Steve replied, “Are they still—close?”

“Tight as the bark on a tree,” I answered, smiling, “If everyone in the world loved like they do, there would be no more wars.”

“Let me go catch up with them,” Steve said, smiling.

Steve, catching up with the boys, “Jamie!”

“Hi Uncle Steve,” Jamie remarked, smiling, and the two shared a loving hug, then Steve turned to DJ.

“And Douglas Joseph,” Steve gave DJ a warm hug, “I hope you two are taking care of each other.”

“We try our best, Unc—Steve,” DJ stuttered, “Is it ok if I call you Uncle Steve?”

“Sure,” Steve answered, smiling, “one thing better than an awesome nephew, is two awesome nephews! I guess you two know that I love the hell out of you guys. What you guys did, the night of DJ’s adoption party, was so beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes.”

“What we did?” DJ asked.

“You shared the most passionate, loving kiss, in front of everyone there, that was absolutely beautiful. I was so proud of you guys.”

“Uncle Steve, you may be interested in knowing that we have helped organize a club at the college,” Jamie stated, “it’s called the Rainbow Alliance, and is open to all LGBT people, and we have about 50 plus members.”

Steve, smiling, “That’s awesome, until my favorite nephew came out as gay, a few years ago, I never paid much attention to LGBT issues, but now, having a close family member in that group, I pay attention to anything that affects them. If you, or any of your club members, have any issues, such as gay bashing, or discrimination problems, I am willing to help fight for your rights. If your club needs legal representation, I’m willing to represent you. I hope I’m not needed, but I’m here if the need arises. In other words, your Rainbow Alliance now has an attorney on call.”

“That’s a terrific vote of confidence, Uncle Steve,” DJ exclaimed, “Thank you so much.”

It was 1:15 PM and the ladies stated that it was time to sit down. All the food was on the table, and the family all sat down. Steve and Valerie sat on one side of the table with Abby (Age 7) and David (Age 4) in between them, Karen and Carl on the two opposite ends, Jamie and DJ next to Karen and Joe and I next to Carl.

When we were done eating, except for dessert, Joe excused himself from the table and went to our bedroom and finished dressing in his uniform. We universally decided to have dessert later, as we were all stuffed. Jamie and DJ helped clear the table while Karen and Val put away the leftovers.

Carl, Steve and I settled in the living room, and we discovered some items under the tree with Abigail’s and David’s name on them from Santa Claus. Getting the youngsters interested in these new discoveries from the Jolly Old Man got them out of the way, for a while anyway. There were only a small handful of ‘gifts’ under the tree, and an envelope stuck up into the branches.

About 2:30 we all gathered in the living room to open gifts. Karen and Val brought chairs in from the dining room, DJ and Jamie were leaning on the doorway, Joe was in the recliner and Steve and I sat on the sofa. Carl assumed the position of Santa Claus, on his feet, next to the tree.

Carl spoke, “I found this envelope stuck on a branch, it’s addressed to Douglas Joseph Kendall AND Jamie Seldon. Would you young men like to take this and see what it might contain?”

Both boys were totally confused, what kind of gift could be shared by both of them? They both were holding the envelope and neither one offering to open it.

“Open it, DJ!” Jamie exclaimed, “your name is on top.”

“I’m too nervous, baby, you open it, please?”

Jamie gingerly started to tear at the flap, gradually exposing more of the colorful content. He finally was able to slide the gift out of the envelope.

“Here is your 5 day getaway vacation to Disney World for one couple, including round trip air fare, 4 nights at a four star hotel, 3 days park entrance and a one day excursion to Sea World or an optional additional day at the theme park. (please see important details inside)”

“DJ!” Jamie blurted, tears streaming down his face, “do you see what this is?” He handed it to DJ.

DJ, his hands trembling, as he is reading it, “there might be a catch, we better read the details.”

“Valid only Monday through Friday, January 1st through February 2, reservations required, Validation No. XXX-XXX-XX. Validation Number required for reservations. It is recommended reservations be made prior to December 28th to insure availability.”

Jamie is jumping up and down like he is on a pogo stick, and hugging DJ in between. DJ’s face is wet with tears, and neither of the boys are quite believing what we have given them.

“DJ, we’re going to Disney World!”

“Jamie,” DJ said, pointing to the back of the paper, “It’s from all four of our parents, see, from Carl and Karen, Doug and Joe.”

Jamie, clearing his throat, “EVERYONE, I have an announcement to make. On behalf of my boyfriend and myself, I’d like to tell the world that we have been gifted with the most incredible parents in the world. Dad, Dad, Mom and Dad, we thank you for this most awesome and thoughtful gift, this vacation to Disney World. Honestly, words cannot convey our feelings, Thank you, from the bottoms of our hearts, and we love you, all four of you!”

“Earth to Jamie, Earth to DJ,” Carl called out, “If you guys can chill down a little, I have something to say. I hope you don’t mind, I took the liberty to make your reservations, I wanted to make sure we got them in time. You’re leaving on New Years Day, the 1st, and returning on Friday night, the 5th.”

“I think that works fine for both of us,” DJ replied. They both gave a thumbs up.


* * * * * *


There was a knock at the door. Joe glanced at the clock, 2:55 PM, Mike was probably here to pick him up. Joe headed to the back kitchen door, and told Mike to come in, and he’d be out in just a minute.

He came back into the living room, told everyone ‘Merry Christmas’ kissed me goodbye and left to start his shift. Mike handed him his weapons, and he put them on, then both cops headed out to the SUV.

Mike, about five minutes down the road, ”Joe, what is so freaking funny? You’ve been grinning ever since we left.”

“Mike, I told you what we were giving the boys for Christmas, didn’t I?”

“The Disney Vacation?”

“Yep, Mike, you missed the show, I wish you could have been there a few minutes earlier. I’ve never seen two young men so excited about anything. They were hopping around like little kids, and both had tears running down their faces at the same time. It was priceless, I sure wish I could have video taped it.”

“When are they going?”

“They’re leaving New Years Day, and returning Friday night.”

“I know they’re going to have a blast. They both seem like really nice young men.”

“They are a real joy to be around, and to have around. The nights they spend at Jamie’s home, makes our home feel kind of empty. It’s incredible how two old geezers like Doug and me could become so attached to a couple young dudes like them. But we’re family and Doug and I wouldn’t want it any other way.”


* * * * * *

After Joe left, Carl continued to hand out the few presents under the tree, and handed the first one to DJ. DJ opened it, and held up the very sexy swim trunks from Jamie. Val and Karen both let out wolf whistles.

“DJ,” Valerie suggested, “I think you should model them for us.” DJ was feeling the red color ascending to his cheeks.

“He can model them for me,” Jamie commented, “when we get to Florida, next week.”

“They’re pretty, baby, but I thought we agreed to not exchange gifts, now I’m feeling bad, ‘cause I didn’t get anything for you.”

“It’s OK, DJ I ordered those for you before we made that agreement, and you’ll need them next week, anyway.”

Carl distributed the few remaining gifts, and it was now 3:15. Whenever DJ sat down on the sofa, he immediately had two rug rats on his lap. For whatever reason, it seemed that both Abby and David loved to be close to DJ.

“DJ,” Abby asked, “will you help us make a snowman?”

DJ, looking to Jamie for some help, “I don’t know, I’ve never made one, Jamie, can you help us?”

Jamie, standing up, ”I guess so, DJ we need to put our long johns and boots back on, Uncle Steve, can you get their snowsuits on, so we can go outside?” Steve nodded.

Steve, talking to the kids, “Abby, David, it would be a good idea if you both go to the bathroom and pee-pee before we put your snowsuits on. Sometimes, when you’re out in the cold, you suddenly have to go, and there is no place to go, and you don’t want to have an accident, do you?”

Steve ushered the children to the bathroom, while DJ and Jamie slipped back into their bedroom and put the long johns back on, along with the sweatshirts they had worn earlier.

DJ, snickering, “Uncle Steve is right, I think I’d better go pee-pee before we go out, too. I wonder why it’s always so much more urgent, when you’re out in the cold?”

When Steve and the kids came out of the bathroom, both boys entered, and shared a pee-pee so they wouldn’t get caught short. DJ and Jamie then went to the kitchen and put their boots back on, as well as their gloves, hats and jackets. Steve brought the youngsters out, they were all ready to go out and play in the snow.

“Wait a minute,” Jamie said, “we need some materials. A snowman need more than just snow. DJ, see if there is a carrot in the fridge?”

Jamie went to the nut bowl and retrieved two walnuts and two brazil nuts, then used a magic marker to make the walnuts blue, then grabbed and old baseball cap off the hall tree and put the other items, including the carrot in the hat.

“Now, we’re ready,” Jamie stated, and the four walked out the back door.

Abby is trudging in the snow, singing a tune “We’re going to build a snow man, we’re going to build a snow man!”

“So, Jamie, I’ve never done this, how do we make the big snowballs for the body?”

“DJ, you have to learn this, in case we have children of our own some day. We start with a biggish snowball like this, and roll it in the snow, gradually turning it, and it gets bigger, and bigger and…”

“Jamie, how could we ever have children, we’re both guys?”

“The same way you became your Dad’s son, adoption! Now start another snowball, make it a little smaller and roll it up to this one.”

DJ complied. The two boys lifted it up, and set it on top of the first. The youngsters were mesmerized, and excited. Jamie started one more ball, even smaller, and placed it on top.

“DJ hold these things, I need the cap first.”

Jamie put the cap on backwards, then gave ‘frosty’ a carrot nose, two blue walnut eyes, and two brown brazil nut ears. Now just a couple more touches. Jamie walked to the edge of the yard and broke some small branches from some shrubbery, and carried them back to ‘frosty’. He broke off a curved piece, and placed it under the nose, to make a mouth, then pushed two branches into the sides of his body to make arms.

“There, how does he look?”

DJ, chuckling, “Jamie, he looks like Matt! Speaking of Matt, have you heard from him lately?”

“No, I haven’t baby, not since we went on winter break, we probably need to give him a holler. It’s going to be dark in less than an hour, but I have an idea, lets go to the garage.”

Once in the garage, Jamie pointed up to the joists, at a toboggan that was stashed up there.

“What is that, Jamie?” DJ asked.

“It’s a toboggan, kind of like a sled. We could play horse and take the little ones on a toboggan ride.” DJ smiled.

DJ instinctively opened the stepladder and climbed up it, raising one end of the toboggan and lowering it down where Jamie could get a hold on it. They took it outside, and hauled it up to where the youngsters were still admiring the snowman.

“Hey kids, wanna go for a ride?” Jamie asked.

“Sure,” Abby replied, excitement in her voice.”

Jamie sat the children on the toboggan, and told them that DJ was their horse, and to just tell the horse to ‘giddy up’.

“Okay, horsy, giddy up!” Abby commanded.

DJ started pulling the toboggan around the perimeter of the yard, the kids were laughing and giggling. Every time DJ paused for a few seconds, there was another command to giddy up. They had attracted an audience, all the adults were standing on the back porch watching, and smiling. Twice around the yard and DJ needed a break. He pulled the toboggan up by ‘frosty’.

“Your turn, baby, this horse needs a break!” Jamie took the rope.

“Our kids are having a blast,” Steve commented.

“That’s an understatement,” Carl responded, “I think all four of the ‘kids’ are having a blast! It’s so good to see DJ having fun, he never had much, during his growing up years! I need to put my boots on, I have to get a couple photos of that most unusual snow man, and the horses and sleigh.”

Shortly after Carl got the photos, Jamie stated that it was getting dark, and we all needed to go into the house. Jamie returned the toboggan to the garage, while DJ started to walk the kids toward the house.

“DJ,” David asked, “Can you give me a piggy back ride to the house?”

“I guess,” DJ replied, “let me lift you up onto my shoulders, and you hold on to my head so you don’t fall, OK?”

DJ picked David up, and placed him on his shoulders, then asked Abby to open the door, which she did, very willingly. DJ stooped down as they went through the doorway, so David wouldn’t hit his head. Steve walked over, smiling, and removed the little burden off DJ’s shoulders.

“Thanks, DJ,” David said, “that was fun!”

“DJ,” Steve remarked, “I think you’ve been adopted, again.”

“Speaking of adoption, Uncle Steve, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure, DJ, what is it?”

“Have you ever done a childhood adoption, for a same sex couple?”

“Not yet, DJ, are you thinking along those lines?”

“Well, not now, but maybe a few years down the road, I think marriage should be the first step, and we’re not even ready for that, yet.”

“I would definitely not be adverse to that, actually, I’d be delighted to help some same sex parents complete their family. If you and Jamie ever get to that point, I think you guys would make some awesome daddies.”

“Thanks, Uncle Steve, I was just kind of—testing the water.”

Karen announced that dessert was about to be served, and we were all looking forward to some of Karen’s homemade pumpkin pie. Karen was whipping real cream to top it with.

By the time we finished with the pie, it was nearly 7:00 PM. Steve and Val were gathering up the youngsters and their toys, getting ready to go home. Jamie and DJ were sitting on the sofa.

Suddenly, Abby, jumping up on DJ’s lap, “I love you, DJ!” and she planted a kiss directly on DJ’s lips, catching him completely off guard, “Can you come home with us?”

“I love you too, Abby,” DJ answered, “but I have a job, and school, and I need to be at my home to take care of stuff.” DJ kissed her lovingly, on her cheek, and hugged her. She then slid over to Jamie’s lap, and kissed him goodbye.

David, standing in front of DJ, “Do I get a goodbye hug?”

“Of course you do, David,” DJ responded, sliding off the sofa onto his knees, and wrapping his arms around David and giving him a warm hug. “Be a good boy for Mommy and Daddy, ok?”

“I’m going to miss you, DJ, I had a lot of fun today!”

“I’m glad you did, David, so did I.” DJ kissed David on the cheek.

Karen and Valerie were chatting in the kitchen.

“Karen,” Val commented, “I’ve only met DJ once, the night of his adoption party, and our kids have never seen him before today. I can’t believe how Abby and David latched on to DJ today. They are usually quite shy around those they don’t know. DJ does seem to be a rather outstanding young man, and he is very likeable.”

“He does have a way of capturing hearts, Val, he has grabbed his share of both Carl’s and my hearts. We don’t even think of him as Jamie’s friend, we regard him as our second son. We love him, almost as much as our own son.”

“Karen, today was beautiful, and I’m so glad we were all together as a family. I’m looking forward to more family get together’s in the future, complete with Doug and Joe. Thanks for including us today.”

“Thank you for coming, I think we all had a very enjoyable day.”

Steve and Valerie got the kids loaded into the Cherokee, and headed toward home.


* * * * * *

Shortly after Steve and Val got on the road home.

“Daddy,” Abby asked, “why do DJ and Jamie call each other baby?”

“Uh oh,” Val said, “I think someone just opened a can of worms.”

“Hold on, baby, it might not be that bad. Abby, did you hear what I just called your Mommy?”

“Yeah, you just called her baby.”

“You’re right, Abby, I did. Abby, baby is just one of those affectionate terms that people that love each other sometimes call each other, like dear, or sweetheart, or honey. Does that help?”

“So, Daddy, are you saying that Jamie and DJ love each other?”

“Yes, I think they probably do, does that answer your question?”

“Yes Daddy, I think so, thanks, I love DJ too, and I wish we could take him home with us. He’s fun.”

“Maybe, just maybe, if he’s available, some times when we need a babysitter, we might just get DJ to sit with you and David, would you like that?”

“Oh, yes, I know he’d be a cool kid sitter, I’m not a baby anymore, I don’t need a babysitter.”


* * * * * *

It was pushing toward 8:00 PM, and DJ was getting a little antsy to head toward home. It’s on his mind that he may need to make a trip out into the country to pick up Gloria in the morning, and they are both scheduled to open the store at 10:00 AM.

“Dad, Jamie, it’s almost 8:00, do you think we could head on home? I might need to leave early and pick up Gloria, out in the country, and we’d have to be back at the store by 10:00 AM”

“Yes, DJ, we probably should start moving. I’ll bet my car is buried under snow in that parking lot. I was hoping this might melt off today, and I would have been able to drive it home tonight.”

“Jamie and I can probably clean it off on the way home, and you can still drive it home tonight. The streets are plowed, and I can cut a path in toward the carport, back out and you can drive right into the carport, and I’ll pull in behind you. Do you have snow shovels at home?”

“I think I have one, in the shed.” I answered.

“Dad’s got two,” Jamie stated, “and I think they’re both right out side the door, on the porch. I’ll borrow one of them. I need to get my car shoveled out in the morning too.”

DJ put his boots back on and went out and started the Tracker, to let it warm up, and returned. While the Tracker was warming up, we were getting ready to say our good-byes. Karen placed a slice of pie in a plastic container for us to take back for Joe, when he gets home tonight.

Jamie and DJ put both of their now nearly dry sneakers in a plastic bag and set them by the door. Jamie told Carl that we were stealing one of his shovels and he nodded in approval. Jamie and DJ both were still dressed in the long johns, and still wearing the sweatshirts.

After Jamie put his boots back on, and we all did our final goodbye hugs, we headed to the Tracker, Jamie grabbing a shovel on the way. Dad carried the slice of pie and DJ grabbed the bag with the sneakers. Jamie insisted that Dad ride in front with DJ, and he took the back seat, along with the shovel.

DJ wanted to go by the store anyway, to see if, by chance, Jerry had brought Gloria down to get her car. The streets were not to bad, and most were well plowed. What DJ feared was that Gloria’s car would still be in the parking lot, and it was, right next to mine, and both cars were covered with snow.

As we arrived, the snowplow was starting to plow out the parking lot. DJ pulled the Tracker next to my car and he and Jamie both got out. The boys used the brush and scraper, and their hands, to clean off my car. Jamie shoveled an area by my driver’s door. I unlocked the door, climbed in and started the car, then retreated to the Tracker to stay warm until my car was putting out some heat.

We finally decided to make that last leg of the trip, from the store to our house. DJ pulled to just this side of the driveway and parked, and I stopped behind him. The boys took turns shoveling the pile of snow that the snowplow had gifted us with across the entrance of the driveway. They told me to just stay in the car and stay warm.

DJ, at my car window, “Dad, I’m going to break a track down the driveway to the shed, and then back out. After I’m back in the street, you just follow that path and pull under the carport, and I’ll pull back in and park behind you.”

While DJ and I were parking the cars, Jamie proceeded to shovel the snow away from the back door, and shoveled the back porch off. DJ and I waded through the snow, to the back porch and into the kitchen. I wished I had taken my boots, as my shoes, socks and the cuffs of my pants were well saturated.

DJ reached up and picked the shed key off from the hook, grabbed the flashlight, and headed to the shed to find the shovel I had stored in the shed. He retrieved the shovel, brought the key and flashlight back to the house, and headed back out to shovel a path from his car, and the carport, toward our back porch. Jamie shoveled from the house out toward the carport, and they met each other somewhere in between.

Jamie leaned both shovels against the back of the house, and DJ went back to the Tracker and retrieved the slice of pie, and both boys came in the back door. I went to the front room and picked up a doormat and brought it back to the back entrance, laying it by the back door. I told the boys they could put their boots on it to dry off, and they did.

I had already removed my wet shoes and socks, and was wearing my slippers, at least they were dry and warm. It was a little past 10:00 PM by the time we were all inside. DJ’s phone rang, he looked at it, and it was Gloria.

“Hi Gloria,” DJ answered, apprehensively.

“Hi Sweetie, I’ve got bad news and good news. The bad news is that Jerry’s boss called, a little earlier, and told him that he didn’t need to come to work tomorrow or Wednesday, as they weren’t working because of the bad weather. He works construction, so he will lose a couple of days pay.”

“So Gloria, what’s the good news?”

“Since Jerry is not working tomorrow, he will be able to bring me to work, so you won’t need to come and pick me up. Did you have a good Christmas?”

“Oh, Gloria, I’ll tell you all about it tomorrow, but my Christmas was the most wonderful Christmas imaginable. How was yours?”

“It couldn’t have been any better! DJ, I can’t wait to show you what Jerry gave me for Christmas! I’ll see you at 10:00 tomorrow morning, OK?”

“I’ll be there, and, by the way, your car is snow covered, but they were starting to plow the parking lot earlier, when we picked up Dad’s car, about 8:30. See you tomorrow, and have a good night.”

“Dad, Jamie, that was Gloria. Jerry’s boss called and said they weren’t working the next two days, because of the weather, so Jerry is bringing Gloria in, so I won’t need to make the trip out there to pick her up. I still have to be at work at 10:00 AM.”

“Baby, I don’t think it’s too late to call Matt. We haven’t heard a word from him since school closed for break, I hope he’s OK.”

Jamie placed the call to Matt, and got the recording ‘The party you are trying to reach is not accepting calls at this time, please leave a message after the beep.”

“Matt, this is Jamie. Neither DJ nor I have heard anything from you since school closed for break. We’re hoping you are OK and had a nice Christmas. We’re concerned, and really need to hear from you.”

About five minutes later, Jamie received a text from Matt. ‘Sorry guys I had my Larynx surgery Dec 13th and cannot talk right now. Doc says I need about 15 days to heal b4 I should even try to talk and if I push too soon could cause damage. I miss u guys terribly.’

Jamie handed his phone to DJ so he could read the text.

“I forgot all about his surgery,” DJ remarked, “I wonder if he can have visitors?”

Jamie texted back ‘Are you home, and can you have company? We’d love to see you.’

Jamie received another text ‘I am home, and I can have visitors. Please don’t make me laugh. I can’t talk, but I can whisper. I really want to see you both. When can you come?’

“Jamie, I’m open to close tomorrow, 10-9, what’s your schedule?”

“4 to 9. Maybe we could go out after work tomorrow night. I wonder if he can have pizza?”

“That would be nice,” DJ said, “Ask him how that would work?”

Jamie texted ‘Can you eat pizza?’

Matt texted back, ‘I can eat anything.’

Jamie texted back, ‘We both work until 9:00 PM tomorrow, suppose we come out after work, and bring pizza 2 share with u and ur Mom?’

A few minutes later, Jamie received another text, ‘Mom says ok, but she wants me in bed by 11:00’

‘Great, buddy, we’ll see U tomorrow about 9:30 PM, with pizza! Have a good night, we luv U dude!’ Jamie could just picture Matt smiling, when he saw that ‘dude’ on his phone.

While the boys were having their ‘conversation’ with Matt, I was fixing a pot of hot chocolate, and I knew Joe would be here any minute. His slice of pie was waiting for him, as was I.

Joe arrived, kissed me, and took his seat at the table. We all made some small talk, drank the hot cocoa and were all ready to retire for the evening. Joe finally got to eat his dessert.

DJ, as he and Jamie snuggled together in bed, “Jamie, I know this is going to sound weird, but the most memorable part of this Christmas Day, for me, was the joy and fun of entertaining Abby and David. I think I have fallen hopelessly in love with your little cousins, and I can’t wait to see them again.”

“It showed me something too, baby,” Jamie responded, “ if, somewhere down the line, we actually do get married, you’re going to make one awesome, terrific daddy! I love you so much.”

 
* * * * * *

Tuesday morning, December 26th, DJ rose to the sound of his alarm at 8:00 AM. He meandered to the kitchen and started a pot of coffee to brew, then ran into the bathroom and took a quick shower. Once dried off, he poured a cup of coffee, and drank about half of it before returning to the bedroom and was debating whether to disturb his peacefully sleeping boyfriend, then decided to let him sleep in.

DJ returned to the kitchen and finished that cup of coffee, and poured a 2nd cup while frying some eggs and making some toast for breakfast. After eating, he went to the bedroom and got dressed for work. He went outside and started the Tracker to let it warm up, came back in, rinsed off the dishes and donned his jacket, then proceeded outside to make that journey to work.

DJ parked in front of the store about 9:50, and Gloria and Jerry were starting to clean the snow from Gloria’s car.

Gloria, excitement in her voice, “Good morning sweetie, I gotta show you what Jerry gave me for Christmas! Come here,” DJ followed her to Jerry’s car, while she fished in her purse.

Gloria pulled out a little blue box and opened it, exposing a very beautiful diamond ring.

DJ, his mouth gaping, “Gloria, that’s gorgeous!” and DJ gave her a loving hug, then, turning to Jerry, and offering his hand, “Jerry, it’s about damn time! Gloria, why aren’t you wearing it?”

“Because,” Gloria explained, “it’s a little too big, and I’m afraid I might lose it. I’ve waited six long years for this, but it needs to go back to the jeweler and get it shrunk a little.”

DJ, displaying that patented smile, “I’m so happy for you two, so when is the big day?”

“Sometime this spring, when the weather is warmer,” Jerry replied, “we want to have an outside wedding.”

Gloria, store key in hand, “Sweetie, do you know how to de-activate the alarm system?”

“No, no one has ever shown me that, or how to start up the computer system either,” DJ answered.

“Well,” Gloria remarked, “It’s after 10:00 and we need to get the store opened up. Baby, come on in before you leave, please.”

Gloria, as she and DJ walked to the front doors of the store, “Sweetie, the procedure for opening the store is normally known only to management, but I trust you explicitly, and I’m going to show you how it’s done. Once the doors are unlocked, we have only 60 seconds to de-activate the alarm, or a call will go to the police.

Gloria unlocked the front door, and she and DJ went to the back of the store quickly.

Gloria explained, “On this panel we press XXXX in that order, and then the ‘Alarm Off’ button.” The red lights all turned to green. “When you see all these lights turn green, you know the alarm system is de-activated. Now you turn around to the computer, which is never turned off, and touch the button on the screen that says ‘Start SaleRite’. It asks for an authorization code, which will require a management code, and mine is 7289, which I am putting in, and that loads the system, and starts all the terminals.”

“Now you see the familiar screen, like you see on all the terminals, except for one additional button, ‘Clock In/Out’ and this is why we all have to clock in and out on the main computer. I hit that button, put in my code, 7289, enter and then the ‘Clock in’ button, and I’m now clocked in. Go ahead and clock in, DJ.”

DJ clocked in, same as he has done since he came to work at this store, many months ago. Gloria set the time delay on the safe to get it opened, which takes about 5 minutes.

“DJ,” Gloria said, “you were here on time this morning, and it’s not your fault you clocked in late. I will adjust your clock-in time back to 10:00 AM so you don’t lose those minutes from your pay. I can’t leave the store, have you ever taken the deposit to the bank?”

“A few times, maybe 5 or 6.”

“I’ll let you know when I have it ready, and will ask you to take it this morning, OK?” DJ nodded.

The safe beeped, Gloria opened it and pulled out a draw, handed it to DJ, and told him he was on Station (Terminal) one today. Jerry walked in and confronted DJ, as he was bringing up his terminal.

“How long have you been working here, DJ?” Jerry asked.

“About 9 months, sir.” DJ answered, “Does it bother you, when Gloria calls me ‘sweetie’?”

Jerry, smiling, “Not at all, DJ, it’s not a sexual thing, she only calls people ‘sweetie’ if she likes them, and they are not all necessarily males, they could be females, if she happens to like them.”

Gloria, walking up to both of them, “So DJ, what is the awesome gift you got for Christmas?”

“You’re not going to believe this!” DJ said, grinning, “Our parents put together and are sending Jamie and me on a 5 day vacation to Disney World! Isn’t that fantabulous?”

“WOW!” Gloria exclaimed, that’s wonderful, when are you going?”

DJ replied, with excitement in his voice and on his face, “We’re leaving on New Years, and returning Friday night. Jamie’s dad already made the reservations but I’m not sure of the flight times.”

“Have you told Randy?”

“I’ll tell him tomorrow, when I come in to do the deliveries, so he can adjust the schedule for next week. Gloria, this is the first real vacation I’ve ever had!”

“You guys are going to have a ball,” Jerry said, “we’ve been there once, and maybe one of these days we’ll go again. Baby, I’m going to take off, the roads are much better today, and I should see you about 9:30 tonight?” Jerry kissed Gloria, and left.

DJ picked up one of those snow brushes off the rack, and asked Gloria to cash him out on it, then placed it back, paying for the one he got on Sunday night. He didn’t forget.

By 1:00 PM there had only been about 6 or 7 customers in the store, and there were no delivery orders. Gloria had the deposit ready for the bank, and needed to get it in before 2:00 PM.

“DJ,” Gloria said, “why don’t you go ahead and take this deposit to the bank, and then drive around by Burger King and pick us up some lunch? A Whopper and regular fries is all I want, make it a Combo with a Mountain Dew.” She handed him a $10.

“Sure, Gloria, I was getting kind of hungry anyway, I was looking at the energy bars, but BK sounds better. I’ll be back shortly.”

After DJ left for the bank, Gloria called me, and explained the slowness at the store. She said it was my choice, as there were no deliveries, I could either take the day off, or I could come in as a cashier and she would let DJ off early. I told her to go ahead and let DJ finish his shift and I’d stay home.

About 7:00 PM Jamie sent DJ a text ‘Anthony is considering closing early, it’s so f**king slow, I only have two tables now.’

DJ sent a reply ‘we’ve only had about 20 customers in the store all day, I’m bored Gloria asked Dad not to come in’

Gloria spoke, “DJ, would you like to get off early? I can handle what little bit of business we have coming in.”

“Maybe,” DJ answered, “Let me give Jamie a call.” DJ hit the speed dial #3.

“Hey,” Jamie answered, “Anthony’s closing as soon as these last 2 tables leave, probably about another half hour.”

“Gloria just told me I could leave early if I want. Do you think we could go out to Matt’s earlier than 9:00?”

“Probably, but we should give Matt a heads up, if we are going out early. I can probably leave as soon as our pizza is done, I can have Anthony make it now.”

“Cool, go ahead and make it. I’ll text Matt and let him know. I’ll do that right now.”

DJ sent Matt a text ‘Jamie and I getting off early, Jamie is making the pizza now, we could be out there around 8 or a bit b4’

Just a couple of minutes later DJ got a text back. ‘sooner the better will give us more time together, we’ll be here’

“Gloria,” DJ said, “we’re hooking up with our best friend, Matt, tonight, we haven’t seen him since school let out for break. If I can leave early, I’d appreciate it.”

“No problem, DJ, is he like you and Jamie?”

“Not quite, Gloria, he’s in the beginning stages of an F2M Trans and he just had surgery, (DJ pointing at his throat) to make his voice lower, and more masculine. He’s still mostly female, inside, but he looks like a boy, and we think of him as a boy.”

“Interesting,” Gloria remarked, “Do you want to go ahead and clock out now? I’ll keep your terminal open, in case we have another customer.”

“Will do, thanks Gloria.”

DJ clocked out, and headed to the Tracker and started it to warm up, and pulled over by the pizzeria and left it running while he went inside.

“How soon can you leave, Jamie?” DJ asked.

Anthony, hearing DJ’s voice, “He can leave as soon as his pizza is out of the oven.” Then, grinning, “I understand you boys are bailing out on us for a few days! I sure wish somebody would give us a five day vacation to Disney World!”

“We feel very fortunate,” DJ stated, “to have the parents that we have, and that love us like they do! We’re prepared to have a great time down there.”

“And I’m sure you will, if you happen to run across some extra Florida Sunshine, you can send it up here. Jamie, were you going to pay for this pizza, or should I take it out of your pay. Ah, screw it, Happy Holidays! Now, get outta here, so we can lock the doors and go home!”

“Thanks Anthony!” both boys said, in unison.


* * * * * *

Jamie laid the pizza on the back seat of the Tracker and they were ready to head for Matt’s house.

“I hope I can remember how to get to Matt’s house,” DJ said.

“I’ve still got it in my GPS,” Jamie said, “here it is, 424 Lincoln Park Drive.”

Matt was in the rec room and saw DJ’s headlights as he pulled into the driveway. DJ and Jamie walked to the door, and just as DJ was about to push the doorbell, Matt swung the door open. The smile on Matt’s face would rival DJ’s patented smile.

“I’m so happy you guys came out.” Matt whispered.

“We’re glad to see you too, dude,” DJ responded.

“Jamie,” Matt whispered, “you can put that on the table.”

“Annie,” DJ hollered, “You’ve got visitors!”

Matt didn’t look all that different to DJ and Jamie, aside from the bandage around his neck and throat. Matt planted a warm kiss on both DJ’s and Jamie’s cheeks.

Annie, warmly, “DJ, Jamie, I haven’t seen you since DJ’s Birthday Party. Are you both doing ok?”

“We’re doing fine, Annie,” DJ said, “This one (pointing to Jamie) has caught up with me, he turned 20 yesterday!”

“So you’re a Christmas Baby, Jamie?” Annie asked.

“Yeah,” Jamie replied, “You know, that’s kind of a curse. Most of the time you get Birthday/Christmas presents, when they’re on the same day. This year though, Mom and Dad were animate about keeping them separate. We had a small celebration on Christmas Eve, just for my Birthday, and Mom and Dad gave me a terrific new Dell Laptop for my birthday, and it wasn’t a combination gift. DJ gave me this beautiful blue jacket for my Birthday.”

“That’s a really nice jacket,” Annie remarked, “you can take it off, I hope it’s adequately warm in here. Give me those jackets, and I’ll hang them up.”

“Wait till you hear what our parents gave us for Christmas!” DJ said, excitedly.

Annie, returning to the table, “Well, are you going to keep us in suspense all night?”

“His two Dad’s,” Jamie explained, “and my Mom and Dad chipped together, and they’re sending us on a 5 Day Vacation to Disney World!"

“WOW!” a deep voice exclaimed, and Matt covered his mouth with his hand, a look of shock on his face.

“I forgot.” Matt whispered, “I’m not supposed to talk.”

“Matt, honey, did that hurt?” Annie asked, concerned.

Matt, shaking his head, “No Mom,” in that same deep voice, “Not a bit.” Matt is smiling.

“Matt,” Annie responded, “the doctor said you could start to talk, if you can talk with no pain or discomfort.”

Matt spoke, “There is no pain at all, but I just sound so strange to myself.”

“Matt,” Jamie asked, “Is that the first time you’ve spoken, since the surgery?”

Matt, nodding his head, “Yep!”

DJ stated, “You do sound a little strange, Matt, but I guess we’ll all get used to it. You really sound like a man tonight, a big man.”

“Well,” Matt replied, “that is what this surgery was supposed to do, but I never expected it would make my voice go this low!”

“If we don’t start eating this pizza, it’s going to be stone cold,” Jamie stated.

Annie, checking the pizza, then picking it up, “It already is, let me give it a few minutes in the convection oven.”

“When are you guys going to Disney World?” Matt asked.

“We’re leaving on the 1st of January, New Years Day, and returning on Friday night, the 5th, Jamie replied, “I’m not sure of the flight schedule, Dad made the reservations. It’s 2 way air fare, 4 nights in a 4-star hotel right at Disney World, and 3 days admission to the park and a 1 day excursion to Sea World.”

“Matt, Annie,” DJ lamented, this is my first real vacation, ever.”

“I know you two have to be pretty excited,” Annie said, “and I think it’s a most wonderful gift, your parents are giving you. I know you’ll have fun too, Matt and I have been there a couple of times. You can’t really see and do everything there, even in three days. I’m very happy for you. I think that pizza should be hot now.”

Annie went to the kitchen and brought back glasses and a pitcher of some kind of tasty fruit punch and then brought back the reheated pizza. They all enjoyed the food and each other’s company. They chatted about nothing in particular. Jamie and DJ were both impressed with Matt’s ‘new’ masculine voice, and so was Matt, once over the shock of hearing himself for the first time.

After leaving Matt’s house, DJ was driving back to the pizzeria so Jamie could pick up his car.

“I think,” Jamie mentioned, “that when we return to school next month, some guys are going to have to re-think their opinions about Matt, I’ve heard a few guys mention that Matt sounded like a girl when he talked.”

DJ commented, “The miracles of modern technology, Matt’s voice is deeper than either of ours, and we sure don’t sound like girls. When he opened his mouth and spoke that first time, he even shocked himself.” Then chuckling, “His reaction was really kind of funny, he sure doesn’t sound like a girl now!”

“He’s still going to have to use the stall when he goes to the men’s room to pee,” Jamie added, “I’m really happy for Matt, that his family has the financial resources, to help Matt live his dream of becoming a man. Everyone should be able to follow their dream!”

“Baby,” DJ asked, “do you have a dream that you want to follow?”

“I do,” Jamie replied, “as a matter of fact, my dream is that someday we can become loving husband’s and responsible loving parents like our own parents have been to us.”

“Well, we already share almost everything in our daily lives, why shouldn’t we share the same dream? Actually, I think maybe we do. I’ve thought about what we did yesterday, with Abby and David, and I was thinking how wonderful it would be to have our own kids to play with.”

“Maybe we should make a New Years Resolution,” Jamie commented, “to follow our dream, wherever it leads us. You know I love you!”

DJ replied, “I love you too, I think it’s our love for each other that keeps us together. I cannot even picture what our lives would be like, if we were to drift apart, and I don’t want to find out, ever!”

They arrived at the pizzeria, Jamie started his car to warm up and returned to the Tracker to stay warm. The two young men just sat in the Tracker, making out for a while, then Jamie got out, went to his own car and they both drove home to our house.

Mike had dropped Joe off just a few minutes before the boys arrived, and Joe and I were sitting at the table when they walked in. I had a pot of hot cocoa making on the stove and the boys joined us at the table. There was some excitement in the air.

The boys were bubbling, as they explained about Matt’s surgery and his new voice, and how happy they were for Matt. It’s pretty easy to see that both DJ and Jamie really care a lot for Matt, and that they are the closest of friends. We finished our hot cocoa and we all headed to our rooms for bed.

Joe and I are making plans to do something together tomorrow night, as we are both off from work.

Both boys were pretty tired. Jamie had exerted a lot of energy before he went in to work, shoveling the snow from around his car, and DJ had done an open to close shift at the store, and they had spent quite a while at Matt’s house. They made out for a few minutes, and then they both fell asleep cuddled together.


* * * * * *

About 9:30 AM on Wednesday morning, December 27th, DJ heard his phone, on the charger, ringing, and slipped out of bed to answer it.

“DJ, it’s Randy, I know your working your Dad’s shift for deliveries today. Daryl and I need some help. Is your boyfriend working today?”

“Yeah, 4 to 9, I think.”

“I’m driving Daryl’s car in this morning, and he’s finishing loading some stuff in the U-haul truck and is going to be driving it down a little later today, he’ll probably get here around 11:30, and I have to open this morning. Could you and Jamie help Daryl unload the truck at the new house before you guys have to go to work today?”

“I can, but let me ask Jamie, he’s still asleep. I’ll call you back in a few.”

DJ, kissing his boyfriends lips, “Good morning, Baby.”

Jamie, waking and rubbing his eyes, “What time is it?”

“A little after 9:30, Randy just called me, and asked for our help today, he has to open the store today, and Daryl is driving the U-haul down here. Randy asked if we could help Daryl unload the truck at the new house, before we go to work. I didn’t want to volunteer your services without asking you.”

“Why not? I volunteered yours, to help Dad shovel the snow Christmas morning. What time will he get here?”

“Randy said Daryl should be here around 11:30.”

Jamie, jumping out of bed, “I guess maybe we better get ourselves together then.” DJ and Jamie shared a loving kiss and hug.

“I told Randy I’d call him back, and let him know.” DJ made the return call, and Randy answered.

“Randy, it a go, where should we meet Daryl, and when?”

“Daryl’s coming to the store first, and he should be here around 11:30, can you guys meet us at the store?”

“Sure Randy, we’ll see you and Daryl about 11:30, laters.”

DJ hustled to the kitchen to start a pot of coffee, and then returned to the bedroom to dress. The boys decided to stop at Bojangle’s and eat some breakfast biscuits this morning. While DJ drank his coffee, Jamie went out and started the Tracker.

DJ left a note on the table, letting Joe and I know where they went, then they put on their jackets and left. They stopped at Bojangle’s and ate, then traveled on to the store, and arrived at just about 11:30. The U-haul was parked in front of the store, next to Daryl’s car. Randy and Daryl were standing back by the pharmacy.

Randy, as the boys approached, “You guys are a lifesaver, I hope you both know how much Daryl and I appreciate your help.”

“No problem, Randy, “ DJ remarked, “when friends need help, friends come to the rescue, don’t they?”

“DJ,” Jamie asked, “did you tell Randy yet?”

“Tell me what?” Randy asked.

“About our trip next week!”

“No, I haven’t had a chance, Randy, Jamie and I are going on vacation next week to Disney World! It’s our Christmas Present, from our parents.”

“Well, Doug did give me a heads up, so it’s not hitting me blind sided, when are you going to be gone?”

“We’re leaving on the 1st, and returning on the 5th. Monday through Friday.”

“We’ll be closed for New Years, and you are normally off on Mondays anyway,” Randy said, “I’ll adjust the schedule, and I won’t schedule you early on that Saturday, but you will be scheduled. You guys are going to have a blast.”

“This is going to be a little tight,” Randy said, “I have to double tomorrow, for Gloria’s day off. Daryl is off today, and when I can get off this afternoon, Daryl and I plan to go back and get the other load tonight, and I have to get my car. Once we get that second load unloaded on this end, we’ll be all moved in. Daryl and I can spend the first night, tonight, in our new home. No more Shady Inn!” Randy and Daryl both smiled.

“Well, guys,” Daryl said, “are you ready?”

Jamie, smiling, “Let’s get it done!”

“Wait!” Randy exclaimed, “DJ get that shovel out of the back, you guys may need to do some shoveling, and take a new one also, I’ll ring it up and pay for it.”

Daryl, on our way out, “We can all ride in the truck, it’s got a bench seat. Lay those shovels on top of some of the boxes in the back.”

Randy was right, and they did need the shovels. DJ and Jamie shoveled off the porch and front steps. Daryl backed the truck over the front yard, which was frozen, and got the back of the truck as close as possible to the front steps.

Then they all started to carry boxes into the house. Randy and Daryl had used a marker to label the boxes, ‘kit’, ’bed’, ‘LR and ‘bath’ which made it easy to know where to put the boxes. Daryl had said they planned on using the front bedroom. They finally got down to the furniture, which consisted of only a dresser, the bed frame, and mattress and box springs, and a bedside table.

“If we could have fit the Living Room furniture in here, we could have avoided a second trip,” Daryl mentioned, “Guys, let’s get some lunch, leave that new shovel here, and put the store’s shovel in the back, along with the dolly.”

Daryl locked the door and they all climbed back into the truck. The boys rather enjoyed sitting close to each other while riding, as most vehicles have only bucket seats and they both rode with a hand on the other’s leg. Daryl drove toward the store, and pulled into Denny’s. The hostess took them to a booth, DJ and Jamie sat on one side, and Daryl took the other side.

They all asked for Pepsi’s and the hostess said they only had Coke, so they got Coke’s instead. The boys were instinctively looking at the lower priced items, and Daryl realized it.

“Guys,” Daryl stated, “order what you want, this meal is on me!”

“I’m thinking of the time,” DJ mentioned, “I’m due to work at 3:00 PM and it’s 2:00 now.”

“Don’t worry about it, DJ, I’ve got your back!” Daryl said, “I know your boss really well.”

Jamie, snickering, “You probably even know how his cock looks.”

Daryl responded, grinning, “I do, and I don’t intend for either of you to ever see it! I love you guys, and you’re so much fun to be around. I have a feeling that the four of us may become pretty close friends.”

They ate, Daryl paid the ticket and added a tip, and they headed to the U-haul truck.

“Daryl,” DJ asked, “could we drive around by my house on the way, so Jamie and I can put on our work uniforms?”

“Sure,” Daryl answered, “just direct me, I don’t know this area very well, yet.”

With Jamie’s assistance they soon arrived at our house. DJ and Jamie bounced in, said ‘hi’ to Joe and myself, and headed to their room to change. DJ told me that Daryl was waiting in the truck, and they were on the way to work.

After the boys left, Joe asked me if I had met Daryl, and I told him I had, and he seems like a pretty decent guy. I told him that Daryl and Randy are into a 7 year relationship, and had rented Justin’s old house, and were in the process of moving in now.

When they arrived back at the store, DJ noticed that Gloria had already arrived, as her car was in the parking lot. Jamie went ahead and started to walk to the pizzeria, although he was more than a half an hour early. Daryl and DJ walked into the store, DJ carrying the store owned snow shovel.

Randy asked, “How did everything go?”

“Very smoothly,” Daryl replied, “They are a wonderful pair of young men, and they both have a tendency to grow on you.”

“Tell me about it!” Randy remarked, “I don’t know Jamie nearly as well as I know DJ, but I think they are a lot alike, and I have a huge amount of love and respect for both of them. Are we about ready to go and get that last load?"

“Have you had any lunch?”

“Gloria stopped by BK on her way in and picked us both up some lunch, so I’m good to go, what about you?”

“We stopped at Denny’s and ate after we got the truck unloaded, I treated the boys.” Randy nodded.

“Gloria,” Randy stated, “It’s all yours, you’re off tomorrow, so I guess I’ll see you on Friday, Daryl and I are going to get that last load, and we’ll be all moved in by tonight, no more Shady Inn!”

Soon after DJ clocked in, Gloria informed him that he had 3 deliveries ready, DJ picked them up and was on his way.


* * * * * *

Daryl and Randy got into the U-Haul truck, and headed toward the city.

“Baby, all that’s left up there is the living room furniture, the TV and stereo, and the kitchen table. We could be back by 8:00 or 8:30 tonight.”

“I just kind of thought about something,” Randy mentioned, “We don’t have a dining set, but we now have a dining room.

“Well,” Daryl countered, “It’s not like we don’t have a table to sit and eat at. There is really no hurry, we can consider a dining set down the line.”

“We ought to try and get one before the party.”

“Party? What party, baby?”

“Our housewarming party, we’re moving into a new home, in a new town, we need to host a housewarming party.”

“Randy, who would we invite? The few close friends we have all live in the city, and I don’t think they would want to travel all the way down here for a housewarming party.”

”Well, there’s the employees in your store, the employees in my store, that’s enough for a decent party, and if we held it late night, like 10:00 PM everyone could come.”

“But Randy, people aren’t stupid, don’t you think they would begin to realize that we are closer than just housemates?”

“Daryl! Times have changed, attitudes have changed, and I’m tired of trying to live our fucking lives in a fucking closet! I just don’t give a shit anymore, if people find out that I’m gay, or that we’re gay. What can they really do? Our time is now, and we need to not be so protective of our sexuality.

“I love you, Daryl, but I’m fucking sick and tired of having to keep my love so deeply hidden! Like it’s illegal or something. I had a fear that Gloria, my assistant manager, might find out that I was gay, well, my little friend DJ informed me that she already knows. He asked her if she had met my housemate, and she told him that we weren’t housemates, that we were soul mates. I guess, at least at my store, the cat’s out of the bag, but no one has uttered a word that would make me feel uncomfortable, nor has anyone acted any different towards me.”

“Yeah, but you have some others in your store that are gay, and they would not disrespect you for being like them.”

“Daryl, I envy young people, like DJ, he’s not a flamer, but I’ll guarantee if someone asked him if he was gay, he would not deny it, and neither would Jamie, oh, the innocence of youth. Everyone in that store knows that DJ has a romantic relationship with Jamie, and nobody cares. His coworkers all like him, and the customers love him, he’s got a damn fan club! Just in the short time that I’ve been the GM in that store, I’ve had literally dozens of customers that have told me how much they like DJ”

“You might be right, Randy, I’m probably paranoid, with no real justification. I’ve never really been shit on, because I was gay, most of my college friends knew we were—together and no one ever put me down for it. I think, when I asked for that transfer, my superiors even knew why I wanted to move here, with you, and they approved the transfer.

“I guess,” Daryl lamented, tearing up a bit, “Randy, maybe it’s past time to start living our own lives, and not worry so much about what other might think. I’ll think be OK baby, as long as I have you by my side! I love you baby,”

“Sweetheart,” Randy spoke, “I have no intention of ever leaving you, to flounder on your own! I think we really need each other, maybe more than either of us may realize.”

“Randy, maybe we should have that party, and we can still invite our friends from the city, it just won’t be a totally gay party, like some we’ve attended in the past.”

“When you get a group of mixed people together, its called ‘diversity’, Hun.”

“Randy, the boys were kind enough to set the bed up and put the box spring and mattress on it, all we have to add is the sheets, pillows and blankets, then we can spend our first night together in our new home.”

Randy and Daryl loaded the remaining furniture into the U-Haul, and drove back to our town, well, Daryl drove the U-Haul and Randy drove his car. They got back to the new house, unloaded the truck, and found the bedding they needed to make up the bed. Randy set his phone alarm to wake up at 8:00 AM, as he needed to open the store at 10:00.


* * * * * *

Thursday, December 28th was pretty uneventful

Randy and Daryl both rose at 8:00, Randy would have liked a shower before work but nothing was unpacked yet so he decided to grunge it today. Daryl needed to return the truck to U-Haul, as they were done with that. They both left the house and stopped at Bojangle’s for some breakfast.

Daryl drove the truck to the U-Haul store to drop it off, and Randy followed him, then took Daryl to the store to get his car, and Randy entered the store to open it. Evelyn followed Randy into the store.

“You’re here already?” Randy asked.

“Excuse me Randy, but I think I’m scheduled as your opening cashier today.”

Randy, checking the schedule, “I’m sorry Evelyn, I’m just used to you coming in later, go ahead and clock in, I’ll get you a draw as soon as the safe opens, and you’ll be on station 1 today.”

While Randy doubled at the store, Daryl headed back to the house and started to unpack boxes and put stuff away. The only things previously put away was the items that needed to go in the fridge, which was done right after the boys unloaded it from the truck yesterday.

Oh, what a job! Daryl soon decided that it had been easier to pack than it was to unpack. In the old apartment, you knew where everything belonged, and where it was kept. In the new place, you had to try and figure out where stuff should go. It’s probably going to take a month to get settled in.


* * * * * *

Gloria decided to take advantage of her day off, and drove into the city, to the jewelry store where her precious ring was purchased. She told the jeweler that the ring was too loose and she was afraid to wear it for fear of losing it.

“Sir,” Gloria said, “I’ve waited six long years for my boyfriend to give me this, and I want to be able to wear it and proudly show it to everyone. I’m a really happy girl now, and that was the most awesome gift my boyfriend could have possibly given me.”

“It’s going to take a little while, about an hour, do you want to wait or come back for it later?” the jeweler asked.

“I waited for six years, I can easily wait for an hour!” She settled in a chair.

About an hour later the jeweler spoke, “Ma’am, do you want to try this on now?” It fit perfectly.

“Oh, Thank you, I could kiss you!” Gloria exclaimed.

The jeweler responded, grinning “If my wife caught us that might not go over too well. Are you satisfied with it now?”

“Thank you so much, sir.” Gloria beamed.

“You’re very welcome, I hope you come back when you’re ready for the next step.”

“Next step?”

“Wedding bands, when is the big day?”

“We haven’t decided, Jerry wants an outside wedding, so it will be in the spring, after the weather warms up. Thank you again.”


* * * * * *

DJ and I are both scheduled in to work at 3-9 today. We drove separately, leaving Joe alone in the house, as he is off on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Sometimes, depending on the store business, one or the other of us may be cut early, and if we both drive in, one of us won’t be stranded, and sometimes DJ goes to Jamie’s house after work, instead of our own.

When we got ready to leave for work, Joe also put his jacket on, evidently leaving also.

“Where are you headed to, Baby?” I asked.

“I’m headed to the grocery store. I’m bored, and I just got the urge to cook up something, but I’m not sure just what. You guys can plan on having something to eat when you get home though, so don’t pick up anything, cause I’m cooking tonight.”

Joe rarely gets into a cooking mood, so DJ and I will take advantage of this rarity. I told DJ he probably ought to give Jamie a heads up, so he could be home to eat with us tonight.

DJ and I walked into the store about 2:55 PM and headed back to the pharmacy to clock in. Randy was at the computer and watched as we both clocked in.

“Doug, there are already some deliveries waiting, and DJ, we need to have a little chat. Have a seat.”

DJ is suddenly a little nervous, a little, no, a lot nervous, wondering what he might have done wrong. DJ sat down, but couldn’t keep his hands from shaking a little.

“DJ,” Randy said, smiling, “are you OK?”

“I—think so.”

“DJ, a chat doesn’t mean you’re in any kind of trouble, actually, it’s more like the opposite of trouble, now calm down, and give me that smile.” DJ tried to smile, but it didn’t come easy today.

“DJ, Gloria and I have been observing your performance, and other activities, while you are working. There is a new position open, and we both feel you are the perfect employee to fill that position. We need someone that knows their job well, and works well with others, to fill the position of a trainer. You have an excellent record of customer satisfaction. Never have we had a customer complaint about you, and many of our customers think very highly of you.

“As a trainer, we’ve observed how you worked with your Dad, and how cooperative you have been, working with the other clerks. You’ve never been too busy to offer your assistance to anyone who needs it, whether it be a customer looking for something or needing help with their purchases, or assistance to even holding the door for someone. You have incredible patience, and that is a big plus.”

“This position requires a little extra responsibility on your part, but you would get rewarded for that, in you paycheck, as it would pay an additional fifty cents an hour. Gloria and I both feel you have the confidence and competence to be worthy of this advancement, and are the most qualified person here to handle this position. Will you accept this promotion?”

“Wow,” DJ exclaimed, smiling, “I wasn’t prepared for this.”

“There’s that smile everyone loves so much, what are your concerns?”

“Would that mean I wouldn’t be a cashier anymore? I really like what I do now.”

“DJ, in the retail business, we tend to have a rather fast revolving door, people come and people go. We always have new people coming in, new hires, and they all need to be trained, and that would be your primary responsibility, but you still would function as a cashier, just a different title, and a little more money. What do you say, DJ?”

“I don’t know, it seems like kind of a big step.”

“I have confidence in you DJ, if I didn’t think you could handle it, and handle it well, I would not have offered it, I would encourage you to accept, and we will still work around you school schedule, getting your education is the most important thing for your future.”

Randy, almost pleading, “You’re accepting it, right?” Randy is nodding his head.

“DJ, nodding, “I’ll accept it Randy, you’ve convinced me.”

“It’ll be effective January 1st, for you, actually January 6th, when you and Jamie get back from your vacation. Say hello to Mickey for me, will you?”

“The first time you clock in, after your vacation, you will clock in as a ‘trainer’ instead of as a ‘cashier’, DJ, I really wanted to give you this position, and I know you won’t let me down. Congratulations on your promotion! Now get out there and do what you do best, take care of our customers!”

(to be continued…..)

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Coming in Chapter 16
DJ and Jamie visit Disney World
DJ models his sexy swim trunks
Girls are chasing after DJ and Jamie
DJ assumes his new position
Joe’s Mom comes to visit
DJ and Jamie receive pleas from Bryan
Copyright © 2019 Douglas Spencer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cold shuts off your brain's production of antidiuretic hormone, leading to increased urination in cold weather. (TMI?)

 

Congratulations to Matt for his new voice. It will certainly increase the likelihood that he will be perceived as male.

 

Kudos for Randy's decision to come out of the closet completely.  (Life really is too short to hide because of another person's opinion.)

 

Can't wait for Orlando (not to mention  the sexy swim suit!). Bring it on! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Wow looks like everyone had a blast this Xmas. The boys got their trip to Disneyworld, Gloria got engaged, Randy and Daryl got moved into their new home, Matty got his new voice. Things just seem to get better and better, its like DJ attracts all this goodness to make up for all hes been missing, he even gets a promotion in recognition of his devotion and dedication at work. Love it. Next chapter looks exciting, looking forward to the trip and getting to meet Joes mom. Great stuff !!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..