Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 751 Words
  • 2,884 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 31. Chapter 31

Toby

Toby sat across from Tara and silently panicked. What did he have in common with a Mistress? What should he talk about? Should he let her start the conversation?

To try and disguise his nerves he reached for his water glass knocking his fork to the floor on the way. Huffing a laugh, he bent to retrieve his utensil only to hit his head on something hard when he bobbed back up. Rubbing his head, he looked up fully to see a red-faced waiter covered in what looked like tomato soup—at least Toby hoped that’s what it was.

“Oh…Um…Did I…?” Toby looked to Tara for help, only to find her obviously trying not to laugh.

“Yes, you did,” she said with a grin. Turning to the waiter she added, “Add the damages to our bill and send someone to take our order please.”

“Of course, ma’am.” The waiter bowed as he left.

Tara turned her attention back to Toby and he tried not to gulp audibly at the intense look.

“So, I hear you’re good at acting.” Tara had a warning gleam in her eye. “So, can you do different voices?”

Toby narrowed his eyes and thought hard, but he couldn’t see any harm in playing along. He flicked through his usual repertoire and settled on a few of his favorites.

“My Precious,” he hissed, causing Tara giggle, which made him surprisingly happy. “Great Scott!” he exclaimed making her jump. Then for his final one he grinned. “Life is like a box of chocolates, you’re never sure what you’re going to get.”

“Wonderful,” Tara cheered, even clapping her hands with apparent glee.

Waving his hand Toby muttered, “Oh, it’s not that hard to do, I—” Toby groaned as he knocked over his water glass. Fortunately, the glass didn’t have much in it and he mopped up the small puddle with his napkin, feeling his face warm. He tried very hard not to meet Tara’s eyes.

He finally looked up at the sound of a throat being cleared. A waiter stood there with a clean napkin for him and a pencil poised ready over a pad to take their orders.

“Ladies first,” Toby smiled and nodded to Tara—he didn’t dare to move his hands in case something else got in the way.

When they’d ordered their food they chatted about little things and Toby started to relax. After they’d finished eating he excused himself to head for the toilet.

Washing his hands, he cursed himself silently. God, what must she think of me? First I knock food all over a waiter. Then, I knock water over the table. What else can go wrong?

Walking back to the table Toby was sure he could feel eyes on him, and he was even more sure he could hear whispers following him as he passed tables.

As he arrived at the table he turned to ask Tara if he was imagining things, only to see she was trying very hard to stifle a giggle.

“What have I done now?” he demanded, hating how he sounded like a whining child.

“You’ve got something stuck to your shoe,” Tara stuttered out between giggles as she pointed to the floor.

Looking down Toby saw a trail of toilet paper fluttering from the edge of his shoe. Carefully checking around him first, he bent down and pulled it off.

“I give up,” he muttered to himself as he straightened, just missing another passing waiter holding a tray of drinks.

Seeing the check on the corner of the table he grabbed it and pulled out his wallet without sitting down. Instead of waiting for a waiter to come and pick up the money he moved to the till and handed the check and some cash to the girl standing nearby.

Telling her to keep the change he moved quickly towards the exit. He really didn’t want to face Tara anymore. This date couldn’t have gone anymore wrong.

He yelped when a hand grabbed his arm. He managed to stop his instinctual reaction when he realized who it was.

“You know, a date usually finishes with a kiss. Not someone walking out. Well, unless I was that much of a bad date.”

“No,” Toby hastened to reassure her. “You were great. I just didn’t want to embarrass you any more than I already had.”

“This has been the most fun I’ve had in months.” And so saying she grabbed his face and kissed him, hard…

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL, Toby! What a disaster! But it turned out very well indeed. Tara seems to have a sense of humor along with her D side.... How will this play out...?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/29/2016 04:21 AM, Puppilull said:

LOL, Toby! What a disaster! But it turned out very well indeed. Tara seems to have a sense of humor along with her D side.... How will this play out...?

We'll have to find out together. I think Toby has a nervous side he tries very hard to hide. Hopefully, Tara can help him with it ;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

I really didn't know that Tara was romantically interested in Toby. Poor Toby. He turned into such a klutz. Glad Tara kissed him. Can't wait to see what happens next.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/03/2016 10:57 AM, LadyDe said:

I really didn't know that Tara was romantically interested in Toby. Poor Toby. He turned into such a klutz. Glad Tara kissed him. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I think he may have asked her out (they haven't told me that part yet) but then thought he was in over his head. I think Tara may have the right idea though ;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

I'm glad that we start to see a bit of the personal side to Toby. So far with less trauma, we see less into his head.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 8/12/2017 at 12:51 PM, Rndmrunner said:

I'm glad that we start to see a bit of the personal side to Toby. So far with less trauma, we see less into his head.

 

First, I am so sorry for not replying sooner, I don't know how I missed this comment. 

 

Toby has his own things to deal with, but I think he has had more people to help him create coping strategies. 

 

I think this story will center around Danny and Silas, and so Toby and Tara will be a sort of aside.

 

Thank you for commenting :hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..