Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 699 Words
  • 2,384 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 69. Chapter 69

Daniel

“Where’s Toby? Shouldn’t he be here by now?”

Silas waved a vague hand, sloshing drink over the side of his glass. “He’s buying some more wine. Said he had something to tell us.”

Daniel snickered at his brother. Silas had had most of the last bottle to himself and was well on his way to being tipsy. If he was honest Daniel was feeling a bit on the dizzy side.

What had started out as a wedding planning evening had turned into a walk down memory lane and a challenge to see who could embarrass the others the most.

Daniel had a thought. “Hey, you remember the time dad took us swimming? The pool had run out of blue water wings and Toby got given that pink pair. He looked so cute bobbing along in those.”

They both chuckled as the sound of the front door opening was followed by a cold rush of air.

“Wine delivery,” came Toby's cheerful voice. “What’s so funny, guys?”

“Pink water wings,” was all Silas got out before he started chuckling again.

Toby scowled. “If you two are going to gang up on me I may keep this wine to myself. Along with the news, I was going to tell you.”

That made Daniel and Silas sit up and start to take notice, even if a few stray chuckles did still escape.

“Well, you see.” Toby looked at the ceiling and it took a while for Daniel to realize his usually overconfident brother was nervous.

“Come on, Bro, spit it out.” Daniel clapped Toby on the back for good measure then ducked out the way of hand heading his way, ending up on his ass on the floor.

“I’ve-asked-Tara-to-marry-me-and-she-said-yes,” Toby spoke so fast the words rolled into each other and silence met his statement before he and Silas worked out what he’d actually said.

“Married?” Silas squealed. “When? Have you set a date? Where did you propose? Was it romantic? Please say you made it nice for her.”

Silas let out a yell as Toby grabbed him and clapped a hand over his mouth.

“Last Thursday, no, at her favorite restaurant, yes, and yes. Now, if you’ve quite finished with the interrogation can we get to the celebrating?”

Daniel watched from his seat on the floor and grinned.

“Do you remember the story dad always told us about when he proposed to mom?”

Toby nodded. “He proposed to her on a cruise. It was the second anniversary of the day they met. He bought her flowers and had the waiter put the ring in some champagne. Then he paid the band to play her favorite song and sweet talked the kitchen into writing his question in icing on the edge of her dessert plate. He always was the most romantic of us all. I may have used a few of his ideas.

“I took her to les hauteurs and did the ring in the glass. I had a violinist play a love song and got down on one knee.” Toby poured a fresh glass of wine and took a sip. He looked up with a bewildered expression. “She cried.” He shook his head. “I will never get women. She said yes and that she was the happiest she’d ever been. But, then she cried. Why would you cry if you’re happy?”

Daniel snickered and topped up his own glass before passing the bottle to Silas.

Time flew by and the wine disappeared. The ideas for the wedding got wilder and wilder as Silas got more and more hyper. Some of the suggestions were improbable but hilarious; a rainbow-colored horse pulling a carriage, getting all the guests to throw rainbow skittles instead of rice or confetti, getting all the female guests to dye their hair pink and the men blue. The list went on and got progressively slurred as they all slowly succumbed to the alcohol in their systems.

The last thing Daniel remembered was Silas saying, “I have a perfect idea.”

By the time Oliver and Carlos came home, all three brothers were fast asleep on a pile of cushions on the floor, wound so tight around each other it was hard to see where one finished and the others started.

Prompt Used: Have a character buy a bottle of wine

As always my thanks to Timothy M for all his help and to the people who read every week.

AN: I know i am really behind on replying to comments and i am so sorry. Please know i do read and appreciate all the comments my chapters get and I will reply to them all as soon as i get a free day to spend online.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 7
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL Sounds like the guys had a very nice evening! I'm happy for Toby, though I can't believe he's never been so happy he cried. Not everyone is a crier, but the emotion should be easy enough to understand.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

What were those Neil young lyrics...

"Oooh Feelin fine, painted ladies and a bottle of wine....."  Sort of what Oliver and Carlos came home to

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awwwwww. :wub: Tara said yes!! Yipppppeeeee! :D  Lots of wine = puppy pile on the floor.  Been there, done that! :yes:  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/4/2017 at 10:03 AM, Puppilull said:

LOL Sounds like the guys had a very nice evening! I'm happy for Toby, though I can't believe he's never been so happy he cried. Not everyone is a crier, but the emotion should be easy enough to understand.

 

Toby and his brothers haven't exactly lead a normal life, so they don't always understand behavior we would recognize immediately. :) 

 

On 10/4/2017 at 11:52 AM, Rndmrunner said:

What were those Neil young lyrics...

"Oooh Feelin fine, painted ladies and a bottle of wine....."  Sort of what Oliver and Carlos came home to

 

 

I'm sure the boys will regret the wine the next day :P 

 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:26 PM, Butcher56 said:

Another great chapter. 

 

:thankyou: 

 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:46 PM, chris191070 said:

Another great chapter, looking forward to the weddings.

 

Maybe, maybe I might skip that part ;) 

 

On 10/6/2017 at 1:26 AM, LadyDe said:

Awwwwww. :wub: Tara said yes!! Yipppppeeeee! :D  Lots of wine = puppy pile on the floor.  Been there, done that! :yes:  

 

Sounds like there's a story there...do tell us sometime :) 

 

Thank you all for your continued support and comments, they mean a lot to me

 

:hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..