Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 789 Words
  • 3,356 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 21. Chapter 21

Carlos

Carlos sat watching Daniel nibble at his food like a little bird.

He cast about for a safe topic and an idea came to him. “So, how long have you lived with your brothers?”

Daniel smiled at him, causing a flutter in his chest. He hoped he wasn’t setting himself up for a fall.

“I’ve lived with Silas all my life. Toby only returned just over a year ago and we moved in here with him.”

“Returned from where?”

“Oh, wherever the government had sent him. He worked on secret missions that he still to this day can’t talk about. But, from what little I have heard I don’t think I want to know the details.”

Carlos nodded. His own experiences with government work weren’t the best and he definitely didn’t want to talk about them—ever.

Carlos stared at the blue flowers in a decorative vase that sat in the middle of the table, but, before he could think of another safe topic Daniel spoke again, “What about you? When did you decide to become a bartender?”

Carlos grinned. “I’m not just the bartender, I’m co-owner of the club with Tara and Oliver. We opened over four years ago. I’ve known Oliver all my life, but we lost contact until I was discharged from the army. Oliver and Tara were still in the planning stages for the club and they needed someone who knew about bar work. I worked in a bar through college and I had a hefty payment due to me. So, I decided to invest with them. It took a while but the club took off and now we’re the place to be seen. The waiting list for membership is longer than my arm. I don't envy Oliver his job of checking into all those Doms.”

“Checking them?” Daniel sounded curious.

Carlos nodded. “Yep, all Doms who apply to the club are background checked. Oliver has a contact in the police and he makes sure that anyone who is granted membership has no violent charges against them. He also checks they are who they say they are. Then he oversees their training and the rules of the club are drummed into them.”

“Sounds like a lot of work,” Daniel mused.

Carlos nodded and returned to his food, should he bring up the Dom that slipped by? Or would that spoil the mood? After a few moments of silence, he pushed his concern to the side and his curiosity got the better of him.

“Do you always eat so slowly? You’ve barely made a dent in your meal.”

Daniel flushed. “Um, it is something I started doing when I was younger. The longer I was at the table, the less chance I had of being…”

Carlos pushed down the urge to make Daniel finish what he was saying. Less chance of being what? Shouted at? Beaten? Whipped? Carlos really wanted to know who had hurt Daniel—and, from the little he knew, Silas too. He wanted a person he could go out and find. He would then take great pleasure in showing the bastard exactly what it felt like to be…

“Are you okay, Sir?” Daniel's worried voice pulled him from his thoughts. Fuck, he needed to be more careful. He didn’t want to scare the boy off.

He dredged up a smile. “I’m fine. Just got lost in a daydream.”

On a whim Carlos pushed his chair back and crooked a finger at Daniel. Frowning Daniel rose and drew nearer. Then, he let out a startled yelp as Carlos pulled him down into his lap.

After he’d settled his boy, Carlos pulled Daniel's plate nearer and broke off part of the sub. Holding it to Daniel's mouth he waited patiently until his boy finally opened and took the food delicately from his fingers.

By the time Daniel's plate was empty, his boy was a lovely shade of red. He almost matched his hair.

Carlos dropped a chaste kiss on Daniel’s flushed cheek. “Now that we’ve quite finished with lunch, I believe you said I could see your studio.” He picked his boy up by the waist—the young man needed to put some more meat on his bones—and set him on his feet. “Well, come on boy.”

Carlos gave Daniel a tap on the ass to get him moving and rose to follow behind his sub—and what a behind it was, mmm-mmm.

“My studio is just upstairs, Sir. It’s not that big, only—”

Whatever Daniel was going to say was cut off by the front door opening.

Toby's voice echoed through the foyer. “Daniel, where are you? Whose car is that in the drive? Who’s here with you?”

Prompt Used:
A picture of some pretty blue flowers :)
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice but short, this one. I like that we get to know the guys slowly but surely. A lot of emotions at play here. So much going on in the background that we only get hints of.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ahh..interruptions.
Nice Caz. There are hints of larger things yet to be revealed. While that sparks my curiosity, I like how you keep us focused still on the guys and what's happening with them at present...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/23/2016 05:58 AM, Puppilull said:

Nice but short, this one. I like that we get to know the guys slowly but surely. A lot of emotions at play here. So much going on in the background that we only get hints of.

I know it was short :( I tried to fit everything in but I had to either split it or cut too much out to fit the word count. More to come next week.

 

Glad the emotion is coming through, I will try and get more background in soon.

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 06/25/2016 07:41 AM, Defiance19 said:

Ahh..interruptions.

Nice Caz. There are hints of larger things yet to be revealed. While that sparks my curiosity, I like how you keep us focused still on the guys and what's happening with them at present...

:thankyou: I am glad you are enjoying this. The characters are a chatty lot and are keeping me writing so far.

 

Thanks for the reviews

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Aw well a little chapter but full of good stuff! Rather like the good thing in small packages, eh?
Good job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/30/2016 06:23 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Aw well a little chapter but full of good stuff! Rather like the good thing in small packages, eh?

Good job.

So glad you're enjoying the story and liked this chapter.

 

Thanks for all the reviews.

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Another good chapter. Carlos has it bad for Daniel. I wonder how Toby will react... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/14/2016 05:24 AM, Headstall said:

Another good chapter. Carlos has it bad for Daniel. I wonder how Toby will react... cheers... Gary...

Um, well, Toby will react that's for sure. But, i think I'll just surprise you ;)

 

As for Carlos, yep, I think he's happily falling right now. :heart:

 

Thanks for the comments.

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now I want to know why Daniel needed to stay at the table. Carlos did well not to press him on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Now I want to know why Daniel needed to stay at the table. Carlos did well not to press him on it.

 

Carlos has a hard, thin path to tread. Push to hard he could lose Daniel. Don't push at all and he's not helping Daniel. He'll need to move slowly and carefully. 

 

Thank you for commenting :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..