Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 651 Words
  • 2,810 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 43. Chapter 43

Toby

Toby ran ahead of the others and ignored Carlos’ call that they should all stick together. He cleared room after room until he heard faint voices.

He found the door and wasted no time in kicking it open. He took bare moments to take in the situation.

Daniel was tied to what looked like some sort of metal medical bed. His hands and feet were chained and he look pissed.

He took aim at the jerk who held a whip ready over his brother.

“Drop it and maybe you’ll live,” he snarled at the stranger.

A hit to the back of his head caused him to fall to his knees cursing. How hadn’t he noticed another person in the room?

“Toby?” Daniel's pain-filled cry shot through Toby and stiffened his spine. His brother was more important than any pain he ended up with. He swung round and saw a man he’d thought was long gone.

“How are you still alive?” Toby blurted out, then rolled to avoid another blow.

“Where is Harold?” Kevin snarled at him. The man’s eyes looked crazed and Toby wasn’t sure how aware the maniac was of what was going on around him.

He assessed the situation and dismissed any thought that this bastard would leave them alone if he got out alive with, or without, Daniel.

“Say hello to Harold when you get to hell.”

He saw the realization dawn in his enemy’s eyes seconds before he fell to the concrete floor with a bullet hole dead center in his forehead.

The sound of footsteps echoed down the hallway. Toby wished again that he hadn’t left the others behind. He stood and turned to face the other man but was too late…again. The whip slashed across the back of his skull, missing his neck by millimeters.

He had time to hear shouting start up and recognize Silas’ voice before his vision went black.

Carlos

Carlos burst into the room with the others close behind him. He wasn’t in time to stop Toby from being knocked down and made a grab for Silas as he tried to run to his brother screaming. It took a bare amount of his strength to throw Silas backwards to be caught by Oliver while he put two shots in the whip-wielding jerk across the room. The man dropped to join his partner with one shot to the forehead and another to the chest. Neither man would be getting back up.

Carlos sighed, ending a life was never a good thing, but sometimes it was the only safe course to take.

Silas ran past him and dropped by his brother. Oliver was already moving to Daniel. Carlos joined Silas and saw Toby's eyes fluttering slowly.

“Speed dial three. Tell them T-Bird needs a clean-up crew and give them this address.” The words were whispered and, after Toby pressed a phone into Carlos’ hand, he closed his eyes again.

“Toby! Toby! You wake up this instant,” Silas yelled.

Carlos felt for a pulse and found it strong. “He’s fine, boy. Just unconscious. Let the medics deal with him when they get here.”

Looking at the phone in his hand he hit the screen and wasn’t surprised when it asked for a code.

“Three, four, one, four,” Silas muttered. Carlos must have looked confused because Silas elaborated. “Three brothers, all four one, four-ever. The code for his phone is Three, four, one, four.”

Carlos tapped in the code and quickly navigated to the phone pad and pressed speed dial three. As an afterthought, he put it on loud speaker.

After two rings a deep voice answered. “Speak!”

Taken aback Carlos’ mind went blank for a few seconds before he pulled himself together. “T-Bird needs a clean-up crew at…” he rattled off the address and was stumped when he just heard the hang up tone, then the phone went back to the home screen.

Seemed all there was to do was wait and see who they’d just called.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Alright, Toby shouldn't have run ahead, but better he take the knocks instead of Daniel.

 

I am a wee bit surprised that it was Oliver that ran to Daniel rather than Carlos, but maybe he is the better handler of firearms? Hmm...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/26/2017 12:48 AM, Reader1810 said:

Alright, Toby shouldn't have run ahead, but better he take the knocks instead of Daniel.

 

I am a wee bit surprised that it was Oliver that ran to Daniel rather than Carlos, but maybe he is the better handler of firearms? Hmm...

Toby will always run in head first i think. And as for hte rest, all will be revealed ;)

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/26/2017 07:22 AM, Puppilull said:

That was a very handy cleaner service to have on call...! A relief to have Daniel out of there.

He's not out yet, but nearly. As for the cleaner service, i wonder what they charge??? ;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Okay this is a good place to end for the night. Sorry to keep you busy with the comments but I like to comment on most chapters I read, even though sometimes I'm just stating the obvious. You don't have to reply to each one though, I know that you read them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 16/01/2018 at 5:14 AM, Dodger said:

Okay this is a good place to end for the night. Sorry to keep you busy with the comments but I like to comment on most chapters I read, even though sometimes I'm just stating the obvious. You don't have to reply to each one though, I know that you read them.

 

I love to read comments. And I always reply even if it is just to say :thankyou:  I hope you get a good sleep :) 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting

 

:hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..