Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 725 Words
  • 2,066 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 61. Chapter 61

Silas

Silas pulled at the collar of his shirt for the umpteenth time.

“Leave it alone, you’ll make your tie crooked again,” Daniel admonished him. “You’d think you’d be used to having something around your throat, you have been wearing His collar for a while now.”

Silas glared at his smirking brother. “You just wait until it’s your turn. I’ll get even. You see if I don’t.”

Daniel simply poked his tongue out and returned to adjusting his own suit.

A knock heralded Toby arriving. “Is the lamb ready to be led to the slaughter?” He smirked at Silas and got the same glare Daniel had.

Silas threw his hands in the air. “Fine, pick on the groom. See if I care.”

“Aww, we love you really, bro,” Daniel cooed and pulled Silas into a group hug with Toby.

Silas melted and returned the hug. He couldn’t believe he was getting married. He was going to be Oliver's husband. What did he know about being a husband?

Anna had tried to tell him that being a husband was no different to being Oliver's boyfriend, submissive, or even friend. But, although he knew that in his head, telling his heart not to worry was a different thing. What if he disappointed Oliver? What if he messed up bad enough that Oliver told him to leave? What if…?

“Stop!” the command cut through his panic like a hot knife through butter.

Silas realized Toby and Daniel had let him go and he was shaking badly. The command had come from Carlos who was now moving nearer.

“What are you thinking? Tell me all of it now.” Although Carlos’ tone was firm and brooked no argument his face was gentle and Silas drew a shuddering breath.

After he’d told Carlos everything Daniel and Toby tried to break in, but Carlos held up a hand and they stopped.

“Silas, I’m not going to tell you you’re being stupid or that you shouldn’t have those feelings and thoughts. I will tell you a story though.”

Carlos led Silas to a chair and made him sit.

“I got out the army a few years ago. I wasn’t in a good way and was feeling rather sorry for myself. I didn’t want to see anyone and I basically locked myself in my small apartment.

“You see I was a sniper and someone had told the enemy where to find me and my team. My team died getting me out alive. I blamed myself and I was sure I wasn’t good enough to be around other people. Needless to say, I was discharged quietly and told to get help.

“Oliver and Tara didn’t give up and after a few months, they took matters into their own hands. Oliver broke down my door and Tara dragged me to see Anna. Oliver then informed me that I was a partner in the club he and Tara were running and I was expected to be there at oh-nine-hundred on Monday morning to learn the ropes.

“When I did my first shift at the bar I was terrified. I thought what if trouble starts up? What if someone tries to start a fight and I can’t talk them down? What if I freaked out and people started laughing at me? Need I go on?”

Silas shook his head and tried to make sure his jaw wasn’t on the ground.

“What I’m saying is we all have fears and we all have to try and get past them. You will always have that voice in your head telling you you’re not good enough, or that you’re going to mess up. The hard part is telling that voice to fuck off and doing things anyway.

“Oliver is not going to let you leave here today as anything except a married couple. The only way you could escape would be to convince him you don’t love and want to marry him. And that’s not true, now is it?”

Silas shook his head again. Music filtered through the closed door.

“That’s your cue.” Carlos rose from his crouch and straightened his suit. “You ready now?”

Silas swallowed and nodded. Then he had an idea.

“Will you escort me to Master Oliver, Sir?”

Carlos looked shocked for a moment, then he grinned and held out his arm.

“It would be my pleasure.”

And so Silas headed into the unknown with his brother’s Master on his arm and his brothers protecting his six.

My thanks as always to everyone who reads this and of course to my ever patient editor
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Fantastic chapter. Love how Carlos put Silas at ease and then asked him to escort him to his Master. Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope we get to here more about Carlos and Daniel 😀😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This was another great chapter, I'm so happy for Silas after what he and his brothers have been through, to not only find a good and compassionate master but to find someone who he loves and loves him back. Silas starts having second thoughts and keeps pulling at his tie even though he'd been told numerous times that it was fine and to quit playing with it. It takes the commanding voice of master Carlos to calm him down, as Carlos tells him about what he did in the army and what he'd been through and how he was brought out of the self-induced depression. That's all it took to calm Silas down the music started and Carlos told him that's your cue. Silas surprised Carlos to walk him down the aisle.  Carlos agreed to walk him down the aisle so they started down the aisle with Toby and Daniel bringing up the rear. I want to say that I believe that this is a turning point in the lives of the brothers. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

That little voice can be very insistent... Learning to deal with it constructively is the only way forward. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

This is a wonderful chapter, but I could easily say that about every chapter I've read.  I know I'll be reading all this again, and probably again after that :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 8/2/2017 at 11:07 PM, chris191070 said:

Fantastic chapter. Love how Carlos put Silas at ease and then asked him to escort him to his Master. Looking forward to the next chapter. Hope we get to here more about Carlos and Daniel 😀😀

1

 

Glad you liked the chapter and yes Daniel and Carlos will get their time. :) 

 

On 8/2/2017 at 11:34 PM, Butcher56 said:

This was another great chapter, I'm so happy for Silas after what he and his brothers have been through, to not only find a good and compassionate master but to find someone who he loves and loves him back. Silas starts having second thoughts and keeps pulling at his tie even though he'd been told numerous times that it was fine and to quit playing with it. It takes the commanding voice of master Carlos to calm him down, as Carlos tells him about what he did in the army and what he'd been through and how he was brought out of the self-induced depression. That's all it took to calm Silas down the music started and Carlos told him that's your cue. Silas surprised Carlos to walk him down the aisle.  Carlos agreed to walk him down the aisle so they started down the aisle with Toby and Daniel bringing up the rear. I want to say that I believe that this is a turning point in the lives of the brothers. 

 

 

Glad you seem to be enjoying the story so far.

 

On 8/3/2017 at 1:12 AM, Defiance19 said:

Sigh...another lovely chapter Caz.. 

 

Thank you :) 

 

On 8/3/2017 at 9:53 AM, Smoothy said:

🗣awwwwesome. I so ❤️ this brainchild of yours!!

 

:thankyou: 

 

On 8/3/2017 at 11:52 AM, Puppilull said:

That little voice can be very insistent... Learning to deal with it constructively is the only way forward. 

 

That little voice can also return at any time. Hopefully, Anna will give Silas a way to deal with it when it raises its ugly head. :) 

 

On 8/4/2017 at 5:54 AM, WolfM said:

This is a wonderful chapter, but I could easily say that about every chapter I've read.  I know I'll be reading all this again, and probably again after that :) 

 

:thankyou: that is a very high compliment :) 

 

On 8/5/2017 at 8:42 PM, LadyDe said:

:wub: :heart: :hug:

 

:) 

 

Thank you all for your comments and :hug: s to you all :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Dodger said:

Nice chapter Caz, pity we're getting to the end.

 

Unfortunately, everything has to end sometime. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting

 

:hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..