Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 561 Words
  • 2,053 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 64. Chapter 64

Daniel

Daniel mixed the bubbling sauce while swinging his hips in time to the music blaring out of his iPod speaker.

“Now that’s a great sight to come home to. My shirt suits you.”

The sound of Carlos' voice made Daniel spin, almost knocking the sauce off of the hob. He put a hand to his heart and gave his best glare. “You scared me, Sir.”

Carlos just laughed and pulled him into a passionate kiss.

“What smells so good? Other than you of course.”

Daniel rolled his eyes and tried to turn back to the food. Carlos held tight and Daniel turned up his glare again. All he got for his trouble was a kiss on the nose. “You look adorable trying to be all stern.”

“Sir, I need to stir the sauce or it’s going to stick and burn.”

Carlos pouted but let Daniel go.

“Dinner will be in about ten minutes, Sir. Why don’t you go clean up?”

Carlos dropped a kiss on Daniel’s head and headed for the bedroom.

Daniel sighed, the house was so quiet without Silas around. He’d already been gone for a week of his honeymoon to Hawaii and Daniel wouldn’t see him for another four weeks. Once a day skype calls were a far cry from seeing his brother every day.

Pushing the morose feelings down Daniel served the dinner and set the leftovers to one side to cool for storage.

“Looks delicious, boy,” Carlos said as he reentered the room and took a seat at the breakfast counter. It seemed silly to use the large dining table for just the two of them.

Carlos

Carlos watched his boy as he ate like a robot. Daniel wasn’t tasting any part of what he was eating. The month long honeymoon had sounded like a great idea when he and Oliver were planning the surprise for Silas. But, what they didn’t remember was that the two brothers hadn’t been separated for more than a few hours at a time for most of their lives. Daniel seemed to be taking it hardest, but Oliver had said Silas was sadder at night when they sat down for dinner and wanted to tell Daniel all about his day.

Maybe the call he made earlier would help in some small way. In the meantime…

“What movie shall we watch tonight?” he asked making Daniel snap his head up. “What about Sound of Music?”

The look of complete disbelief on Daniel’s face had Carlos cracking up. “Okay, what about Thoroughly Modern Milly?” Daniel’s expression didn’t change. “No? Mary Poppins?”

Daniel shook his head and started to clear the now empty dishes. “If you’re trying to cheer me up, Sir, I could think of better ways than trying to make me believe you would ever watch any of those films by choice.”

“Hmmm, and what way should I be trying to use to cheer you up?”

Daniel threw a smile over his shoulder. “You could help me with the washing up.”

Carlos wrinkled his nose and stood with a sigh. “Just for you, Boy.”

They’d just put the last of the dishes away when the front door opened and Tara’s voice echoed through the house.

“We’re here, the party can start now.”

Tara entered the kitchen with a six pack of beer hanging from one hand and her other arm dragging Toby along with her.

Carlos put on his best innocent look and said, “What a surprise to see you two here tonight.”

Daniel was too busy hugging his brother to notice the wink Tara sent at Carlos.

My thanks as always to my ever patient editor TimothyM :hug: 
All comments are gratefully received:) 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 6
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I will say that this was another great chapter. I feel sorry for Daniel as the month long honeymoon is very hard on him as they've never been apart for this long before. It's only been a week and Carlos can see the toll it's taking on Daniel, so Carlos got Tara to bring Toby and come over to try to cheer Daniel up. Talking by Skype isn't the same as being nearby. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Very Good, Carlos!  Spending time with Toby will help poor Daniel.  I foresee a trip in Daniel's future??? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 23/08/2017 at 5:20 PM, mogwhy said:

another good chapter, caz:hug:

 

:thankyou: 

 

On 23/08/2017 at 5:59 PM, Butcher56 said:

I will say that this was another great chapter. I feel sorry for Daniel as the month long honeymoon is very hard on him as they've never been apart for this long before. It's only been a week and Carlos can see the toll it's taking on Daniel, so Carlos got Tara to bring Toby and come over to try to cheer Daniel up. Talking by Skype isn't the same as being nearby. 

 

I think Daniel just needs someone to talk to and he doesn't want to burden Silas while he's on his honeymoon. 

 

On 24/08/2017 at 3:05 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I feel sorry for Daniel and Silas being apart for a month.

 

As much as they are brothers and close, I think Anne would agree that they need to not be quite dependant on each other. This could be a good start towards getting used to not being in each other's pockets. 

 

On 25/08/2017 at 1:37 AM, LadyDe said:

Very Good, Carlos!  Spending time with Toby will help poor Daniel.  I foresee a trip in Daniel's future??? 

 

I'm sure Toby will get to the bottom of Daniel's behavior. 

 

On 27/08/2017 at 11:59 PM, Defiance19 said:

Aww... Good Carlos and Tara. This is great for Daniel. 

Nice chapter Caz! 

 

Carlos and Tara will do anything for their men :) 

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting 

 

:hug: 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..