Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 567 Words
  • 3,317 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 37. Chapter 37

Daniel

Daniel ran for a couple of blocks before had to slow to catch his breath. How could Toby? How could he embarrass him like that? That kiss had been magnificent and Toby had had to spoil it—again.

He looked around and saw he’d ended up near the entrance to a park. Deciding he needed space and quiet he headed inside the park. The moonlight was reflecting off the trees and casting shadows over the ground. As he went deeper the darkness became more complete, the trees getting denser and blocking off even the smallest slither of moonlight. The sounds of small animals he’d head when he first entered died out and he was left walking complete silence, broken only by the sound of his footfalls on the hard ground.

What had started out as a great idea was starting to freak him out. Shivering in the cool night air Daniel was grateful he’d not gotten changed into his club clothes before starting the cleaning. He had, however, left his coat behind. The thin sleeves of his button-down shirt were no defense and he thought it was time to think about finding shelter.

He didn’t want to go back to the club. He also didn’t want to head home. Those were the first places people were going to start looking for him and he just wanted to be alone. He wanted to have time to think and plan. He could find a motel or hotel room. He reached for his phone to check nearby locations. Only to find he didn’t have it. Cursing he realized he must have dropped it when he ran or in the club. He hoped it was in the club. He’d just got it set up how he wanted it. It was also the third phone he’d had since Toby rescued them. He was great at leaving things in places they shouldn’t be. The fridge, the bathroom, the bus…oh, and the oven on one occasion—that was still a mystery and Daniel still maintained Silas must have had something to do with it. Of course a quick check showed he also didn’t have his wallet either.

Sitting on a bench Daniel dropped his head into his hands. What was he going to do? He had no money and no way of contacting anyone. Stupid! Why did he run? Why didn’t he just punch Toby as Silas would have done. He could have knocked the stupid jerk to the floor and given him the beating he’d had coming for a while. Maybe then Toby would remember his brothers were the same age as him and they’d been made stronger for what they’d been through. Toby may have been on some secret government team. But, he and Silas had had to learn to cope alone. They were rarely allowed private time together and so they hadn’t been able to help each other bear the load of what was happening.

Daniel thought a while and thought perhaps he should retrace his steps. There must be a corner shop or a late-night café around somewhere. If he really had to maybe he could go all the way back the club.

Getting up he turned back the way he’d come when a hand came from behind him and clamped down on his mouth.

“Well, well, Boy. I have you all to myself now, don’t I?”

No prompt this week

My thanks as always goes to Tim for his help and patience.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I was afraid was going to happen... *sigh*
I wish Daniel had given Toby what for and then he wouldn't be in this mess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/01/2016 07:21 AM, Puppilull said:

Oh no... Now that was not a nice ending! How will I be able to handle the suspense until next week?!? Gah!!

Sorry, I ran out of words.

 

I'm blaming the word limit and hiding till next week ;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 12/01/2016 10:17 AM, Reader1810 said:

I was afraid was going to happen... *sigh*

I wish Daniel had given Toby what for and then he wouldn't be in this mess.

He was tempted, but Toby is still his brother, and Daniel is still not really that confident. Of course, when/if he sees Toby again, he may have to decide between hugging or punching him.

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Yikes! Running away was a big mistake. I hope that his brothers and Carlos are not that far behind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 16/01/2018 at 4:31 AM, Dodger said:

Yikes! Running away was a big mistake. I hope that his brothers and Carlos are not that far behind.

 

The joys of hindsight. Running was his first instinct. But, has he run out of the frying pan and into the fire? Only time can tell :/ 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting

 

:hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..