Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 990 Words
  • 4,056 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 16. Chapter 16

Carlos

A genius? His boy—temporary boy—was a fucking genius! What was he meant to do with that information? An eidetic memory? He’d had to look up what that even was. If the site he found was correct then Daniel would remember almost anything he saw or read—or was that photographic memory? Carlos shrugged to himself, the site said the names could be interchangeable or not depending on which expert you asked.

Moving to the bar he started checking the stock levels. A flash of white caught his eye and made him frown. Moving a couple of bottles he found a paper serviette folded and carefully placed at the back of the shelf.

Unfolding it Carlos let out a gasp. On the square of tissue was a wonderfully detailed drawing, in black biro, of himself. The artist had caught his profile perfectly. The shading picked out the shape of his face and even managed to show a hint of a smile. He wondered what he’d been thinking about when this was drawn.

Sounds from the front of the club jolted him out of his inspection of the drawing. Moving quickly he refolded it and put the bottles back. He was fairly sure he knew who’d drawn it but on the off chance he was wrong he didn’t want to embarrass anyone—including himself.

Laughter preceded Silas and Daniel entering from the changing rooms. Silas was wearing tight red leather shorts and Daniel wore blue. Silas had also dyed various colored strips into his hair. Carlos huffed; it made the sub look like he had a rainbow hat on. He couldn’t wait to see what Oliver thought of the new look.

“Boys,” Carlos called out. “There’s a table set with some food. Sit and eat before the evening starts and you’re too busy.”

“Yes, sir,” both boys replied. Carlos watched as they settled.

Oliver arrived next, dressed in his usual black leather. The Doms joined their subs and together they went over the schedule for the evening.

When they’d finished their food Silas spoke. “Sirs, Daniel and I were wondering if we are allowed to ask questions about you both. You know a bit about us.”

Carlos shared a look with Oliver before they both nodded. “Ask away.”

“How did you meet?” Silas asked looking at Oliver.

Oliver grinned. “We grew up together as neighbors. Then Carlos abandoned me for the army. When he was discharged Tara and I had already started the club and we nagged him until he came in as a partner.”

Carlos chuckled. “Nagged? Harassed more like. You were at my door almost before my shrink signed me off.”

“Shrink?” Daniel's hesitant voice snapped Carlos’ attention to him immediately.

“Yes. I was discharged from the army because I was deemed unfit for duty. An IED saw to that. I suffered flashbacks and other PTSD symptoms. I was given a pat on the back, a fat check, and told ‘Thanks for the hard work, but, goodbye’.”

When the boys gasped he stopped speaking.

“What did you do in the army?” Daniel asked, his eyes wide.

Carlos shifted. He should have seen the question coming but he hadn’t thought before he spoke. That was a time of his life he didn’t like speaking about and he definitely didn’t want to go into it with Daniel. He didn’t want to see the disgust in his boy’s eyes, nor have him be afraid of him.

“Um, I’m afraid it was classified.” He saw the disappointment in their eyes but he also saw acceptance of his answer. He wasn’t sure if he felt pleased they hadn’t pressed the issue, or guilty for having misled them. He was glad he hadn’t been holding a Bible or anything when he spoke, he likely would have been punished for lying.

“Time to open I think,” Oliver said with a false cheer only Carlos—hopefully—would be able to detect.

They all rose, and the boys set about clearing their meal away.

****

Later that evening Carlos sent Daniel for a break and took over the bar.

“What can I get you?”

“A Pretty Young Thing,” the big Dom replied with a smile.

Carlos laughed. “Wouldn’t we all like that. Now, what can I get you to drink?”

The Dom frowned. “A Pretty Young Thing. That is a drink. The cute redhead usually makes it for me. I told him I wanted a drink like him. Something red, sweet, and that could give you an unexpected kick.”

Carlos raised an eyebrow and asked the Dom to wait. He found Daniel doodling on a napkin at a side table. Moving silently Carlos peered over Daniel's shoulder and saw another sketch of himself taking shape.

After watching a few seconds Carlos cleared his throat and suppressed a grin as Daniel scrabbled to hide the drawing.

Deciding to address the drink first Carlos put on his best straight face. “What’s this I hear about a new drink? I have a Dom asking for A Pretty Young Thing. When I said I hadn’t heard of it he told me, and I quote, ‘The cute redhead usually makes it for me.”

Daniel had gone so red Carlos thought he almost matched his hair.

“Um…Well…The Dom didn’t like any of the drinks on the menu…And I didn’t want you losing business…So I adapted another drink I had read about.” Daniel dropped his gaze to the floor. “I’m sorry sir, I will, of course, come to you first next time. I shouldn’t have—”

Daniel stopped when Carlos gripped the back of his neck. “Never apologize for doing what’s best for this club. I don’t want you—”

Carlos was cut off by shouting coming from the stage area, the lull in the music made the sound echo all the more.

“Now what?” Carlos ground out as he started moving, looking back only once to check Daniel was following.

Prompt Used:
Picture of a man in the witness box with his hand on a bible.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Secret drawings, secret cocktails, secret past, and a cliffie. I sense a trend here, Caz. Well done, my friend... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, well, well... I think Carlos might be a little smitten ;) Now what's going on at the stage? I think you're liking these cliffies :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment

So they are getting to know each other and secrets keep popping up all over the place. But what is that noise about...?

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ahh, Caz! Just as we get interesting, something happens and we leave off for the next time. Isn't it Lit who's the Cliffie Queen?
Daniel being an artist sort of suits him as you've described..
Well, I guess we wait to find out about the noise!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well this was nice. But so many people hiding things. Lies and hidden napkins, more like 007 training rather than a BDSM Club. But it's interesting, waiting for the next!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/22/2016 11:32 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Well this was nice. But so many people hiding things. Lies and hidden napkins, more like 007 training rather than a BDSM Club. But it's interesting, waiting for the next!!

Ah, Timmie. I like to add as many mysteries as I can to keep my characters on their toes. It usually ends up making more work for me but...oh well. :)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/22/2016 11:18 AM, Defiance19 said:

Ahh, Caz! Just as we get interesting, something happens and we leave off for the next time. Isn't it Lit who's the Cliffie Queen?

Daniel being an artist sort of suits him as you've described..

Well, I guess we wait to find out about the noise!

Oh, I think you'll like what the noise turns out to be ;)

 

And I could never compete with Lit

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 11:26 AM, Headstall said:

Secret drawings, secret cocktails, secret past, and a cliffie. I sense a trend here, Caz. Well done, my friend... cheers... Gary....

We all like to keep our secrets. Some of us more than others.

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/18/2016 11:32 PM, LitLover said:

Well, well, well... I think Carlos might be a little smitten ;) Now what's going on at the stage? I think you're liking these cliffies :P

Leaving a dangling thread is easy when you are only allowed to use between 500 and 1000 words. It can be a blessing and a curse.

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/19/2016 01:18 AM, Puppilull said:

So they are getting to know each other and secrets keep popping up all over the place. But what is that noise about...?

Ah, the noise...well, it's.. :X;)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another mystery??? Carlos and his war tales... :rolleyes:

 

I love photographic memory. I wish I had a boyfriend with that. :blushing: Finally you are giving some info about each and everyone. That's something good.

 

And very importantly You are writing very short chapter, which I loved a lot. It has given me chance to read them quick. But when I need more, you have to write more... ;)

 

~Emi GS.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/09/2016 12:33 AM, Emi GS said:

Another mystery??? Carlos and his war tales... :rolleyes:

 

I love photographic memory. I wish I had a boyfriend with that. :blushing: Finally you are giving some info about each and everyone. That's something good.

 

And very importantly You are writing very short chapter, which I loved a lot. It has given me chance to read them quick. But when I need more, you have to write more... ;)

 

~Emi GS.

I like mysteries, although I may go over board sometimes.

 

I would love the photographic memory for myself. Exams would have been a breeze ;)

 

Thanks for the reviews

 

:hug:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I wonder what Carlos did in the army that he thought would disgust Daniel. Interesting chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..