Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 871 Words
  • 2,412 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 45. Chapter 45

Daniel

Daniel looked around and wondered when he’d wandered into wonderland. His brother apparently had a team that knew how to clean a crime scene so well no one would ever know anything had happened there. The same team had apparently rescued him and Silas from Harold. He really wished he remembered more of that night. Maybe then he wouldn’t feel so blindsided by all that had happened. And, of course, the cherry on the cake was the tracker Toby had had planted in his body. Had it helped find him? Yes. Did that make it okay? No!

Sighing he looked over at the bed that held still unconscious Toby. Carlos and Oliver had insisted on calling Tara, and the black woman sat beside the bed clasping Toby's hand. She seemed to be whispering something, but Daniel couldn’t make out any of the words.

Sherri popped in and out of the room frequently to check Toby's vitals and reassure them he would be fine. Daniel couldn’t get any answers though. All Sherri would say was he would have to wait until Toby woke up and ask him.

Why wouldn’t the idiot wake up?

Silas took out a bag of candies he’d talked Xavier into stopping and buying. Okay, maybe he started shouting louder and louder until Xavier gave in and sent Terry into a twenty-four-seven.

“Give me one of those, will you?” Daniel asked holding his hand out. The sweet was strong and just what he needed to give his system a jolt and hopefully stay awake.

His body ached and his split lip, although it had stopped bleeding, still throbbed and stung when he tried to drink the coffee someone had thoughtfully provided. He knew if he gave into his body’s demands for sleep he would end up right back into that room in his dreams. His only consolation was he’d fought back this time. He hadn’t meekly let anything happen to him, or allowed himself to be cowed into obedience. His hits may have only been verbal, but they had still been hits and he’d take the win he was due.

“He’s waking up.” Tara’s shout pulled him from his thoughts and he joined the others in rushing to Toby's side.

Toby

“What?” Toby blinked his eyes to bring everything into focus. Slowly events lined up and he tried to look around for Daniel. The flare of pain in his head proclaimed that a huge mistake and he settled for calling to his brother.

“I’m here.” Daniel grabbed his hand and Toby settled instantly. He had his brother back where he belonged and that was the most important thing.

“So, Bro, are you going to tell us who we’ve been being bossed around by for the last few hours?” Silas’ voice was cocky, but Toby could hear the uncertainty beneath it.

On a sigh, he started to explain. “Sherri, Terry, and Xavier are the team who would back me up when I was undercover. They were also, if you remember, with me when I got you two out of Harold’s place. Sherri is a medic, Terri is a computer specialist and Xavier is…well…let’s just call him a cleaner.”

He was contemplating how many details to give when the door opened to admit Sherri.

“You’re awake. It’s about time. You pulled me away from a good date with your call.” He chuckled at the fake pout on her face and instantly regretted it. Okay, no laughing, no moving, he was just going to keep as still as possible until the brass band in his head shut up.

Sherri checked his vitals and handed him a cup with some white pills in and a bottle of water. He raised an eyebrow, but meekly took them at her glare. Sherri could fry any man with a look from fifty paces—or less on a good day.

“You need to rest. The whip you took the back of your head didn’t break the skin. Lucky for you the idiot panicked and didn’t even try and aim properly. You have a large lump and since you took several hits to the head in total, you’re going to need to be supervised for at least twenty-four hours and woken every two to three hours to check you’re still aware of your surroundings.

“I believe this lady has agreed to watch over you and the other two big brutes have agreed to take your brothers home with them. Daniel is fine.” She must have seen the question he was about to ask and the brewing argument because she continued. “He has a few bruises. The drugs are out of his system and he needs to eat and rest. He needs to be monitored to make sure he has no side effects. He has agreed to go with Oliver and since he and Carlos share a house, Silas is going with them. Now, have I missed anything?”

Mutely Toby shook his head, wincing again at the movement, and looked up to see Tara watching him. What was she doing there? He was too tired and sore to ask any more questions.

“No, that all sounds fine,” he said still watching Tara.

“Great, I’ll finalize all the details.” Sherri gave a decisive clap and wandered back out the door.

Sorry this is late, half term means trying to juggle a few extra jobs....My thanks to Tim for the really quick edit hug-transparent.gif
Prompt used:
“Give me one of those, will you?”
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey great chapter......You accidentally posted a copy with the edits still in.....just to let you know ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/15/2017 11:35 PM, JayT said:

Hey great chapter......You accidentally posted a copy with the edits still in.....just to let you know ;)

Thanks, I pasted the wrong file :rolleyes: All sorted now...

 

Thanks for the comment and review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Great chapter Caz.. Somehow I don't think Toby is quite off the hook just yet. But everyone is alive and recovering that's all that matters now.
The boys off with their Doms and Tara watching over Toby....whatever will happen next?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/25/2017 at 0:29 AM, Defiance19 said:

Great chapter Caz.. Somehow I don't think Toby is quite off the hook just yet. But everyone is alive and recovering that's all that matters now.
The boys off with their Doms and Tara watching over Toby....whatever will happen next?

 

I never know what's going to happen next. Although it's been hard writing that way, it's also been exciting to see where the story takes me each week. 

 

Thanks for commenting. 

 

:hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..