Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 606 Words
  • 2,656 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 41. Chapter 41

I have no idea why i forgot to publish this last week. So sorry.

Silas

Silas didn’t like the idea he had forming. “How? How can you find him?” he demanded of Toby.

Toby had the grace to look guilty. “I—Um—may have—kinda—well….”

“Spit it out will you,” Silas snapped. “Time’s a wasting.”

“I had a doctor friend put tracking devices in your arms when you were in hospital.” He spoke so fast the words blurred. “Kevin is still out there somewhere. How was I to know if he would come after you both again?”

Silas was furious. “That’s your excuse? You do remember that little thing called the law, don’t you? It’s against the law to track someone without their knowledge. Unless they’re a criminal, of course, and even then, you need a court order.”

“Look can we find Daniel first and worry about the legalities later?” Carlos pleaded. He turned to Toby. “What do we need to track his signal?”

Toby

Toby shook himself and pushed his upset at angering his brother aside to deal with later. “I need to go home and get my other cell phone. It’s a satellite one and has a special app on it to track both signals.”

“So, what are we standing around here for?” Silas demanded and ran for the door. Toby shot out a hand as Silas passed and grabbed onto the first thing he could, Silas’ hair.

“We are going to go together. No one is going off halfcocked alone. That is exactly what got Daniel into this mess in the first place. My car is out front, let’s go.”

Silas snarled at him when he let go of his brother’s hair, but moved as ordered toward the front doors.

***

Home was dark and quiet. Toby didn’t like the quiet, it reminded him of when he’d thought he’d lost his bothers. He ran up the stairs two at a time and grabbed the phone hidden under the false bottom of a drawer by his bedside.

He turned it on as he returned downstairs to the others. The phone seemed to take an age to power up and then for the app to load and find the requested signal. A low beeping filled the silent entrance hall and Toby looked up with a grin.

“I have a signal.” He tapped a few buttons and led the way out the front door and back to his car. “It’s a faint signal, I think he’s in a basement. Luckily, it must not be lead lined—or anything similar—or the signal would have been blocked.”

In the car he hit the ignition and tapped buttons until the phone was connected to the sat nav. At the end of the road turn right, came the computerized female voice and Toby put his foot flat on the gas.

“How far away is he?” Silas asked, still struggling to get his seatbelt on as Toby swung round corners at top speed in response to the directions being given.

“About ten minutes away,” Toby answered, and yanked the wheel to swing round the next corner on two wheels. He was aware of the others in the back, especially Carlos. If they got out of this he really owed the guy an apology. He didn’t like apologizing, but if he wanted to keep his brothers talking to him…

He almost laughed when he heard Oliver muttering something that sounded like “Does anyone have a light?” But, his attention was on the road and getting them to Daniel as fast as was humanly possible.

He pulled up to an abandoned industrial estate as the sat nav declared, You have reached your destination.

Prompt used:
Anyone got a light?
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Trackers, eh?
It's clear that Toby didn't use the tracking devices to spy on his brothers, still, he needs to make that clear to Silas ...and Daniel after he's rescued and befor Silas starts filling Daniel's head with nonsense.
It's quite genius actually and was done with the purest of intention on Toby's part - not to mention, it has led them to Daniel, well, soon anyway - so park your outrage somewhere else Silas.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/11/2017 10:20 AM, Reader1810 said:

Trackers, eh?

It's clear that Toby didn't use the tracking devices to spy on his brothers, still, he needs to make that clear to Silas ...and Daniel after he's rescued and befor Silas starts filling Daniel's head with nonsense.

It's quite genius actually and was done with the purest of intention on Toby's part - not to mention, it has led them to Daniel, well, soon anyway - so park your outrage somewhere else Silas.

Good intentions or not, people don't like to think they're being watched. I think a long talk is in Toby's future.

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment

I can't even be mad at Toby fully, because it saved Daniel.. Tracking his brothers like that though, without their consent or knowledge - not good..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 2/12/2017 at 6:48 PM, Defiance19 said:

I can't even be mad at Toby fully, because it saved Daniel.. Tracking his brothers like that though, without their consent or knowledge - not good..

 

I think the brothers will be having a frank, and probably very loud, conversation about privacy and respecting it. But, on the other hand, I think ~Silas and Daniel understand the motivation behind Toby's actions. They still won't agree with it, of course. 

 

Thanks for the comment

 

:hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I've been trying to get to bed for the past half-an-hour Caz, but it's not your fault that your story's so good. Oh, wait a minute, yes it is!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 16/01/2018 at 4:59 AM, Dodger said:

I've been trying to get to bed for the past half-an-hour Caz, but it's not your fault that your story's so good. Oh, wait a minute, yes it is!

 

I'm so sorry...oh wait, no I'm not....I'm gad i can keep you so interested you can't sleep :P It is the ultimate compliment :yes:

 

Thanks for reading and commenting

 

:hug: 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..